Miscellaneous questions, thoughts, impressions, etc.

D1 Womens Lacrosse
DMac

Re: Miscellaneous questions, thoughts, impressions, etc.

Post by DMac »

Definitely a women's stick.
No bag and the shape of the top of the stick.
Know all about it, played catch with one recently. ;)
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

DMac wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:41 pm Definitely a women's stick.
No bag and the shape of the top of the stick.
Know all about it, played catch with one recently. ;)
I see what you're saying about the shape of the top, but everything else - sidewall and pocket to me is a men's stick. Maybe not a very good one, but definitely a men's stick. Just the way the ball is sitting looks like it would already be illegal in the women's game. Plus I'm sure it was intended to be a men's stick since the documentary was about the men's team
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

This was a question I asked a good while back (below in italics). I have found since then that the best place for head-to-head listings are the individual team websites. Typically teams will publish an exhaustive, up-to-date list of every game the program has ever played. These stats can usually be found in the Media Guides or Record Books. In case there are any other stats fanatics out there, here's an example from the Towson Tigers website: https://towsontigers.com/documents/2021 ... f?id=19530

Anyone know of a Div 1 head-to-head database/website?

I find head-to-head stats fascinating. It's interesting to see if there exists a current win/loss streak between teams. When the last time was that team A beat team B, etc.

Anyone know of a resource or database or website where these stats are kept?
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:57 am This was a question I asked a good while back (below in italics). I have found since then that the best place for head-to-head listings are the individual team websites. Typically teams will publish an exhaustive, up-to-date list of every game the program has ever played. These stats can usually be found in the Media Guides or Record Books. In case there are any other stats fanatics out there, here's an example from the Towson Tigers website: https://towsontigers.com/documents/2021 ... f?id=19530

I find head-to-head stats fascinating. It's interesting to see if there exists a current win/loss streak between teams. When the last time was that team A beat team B, etc.

You can try lacrossereference.com. You may need to pay for a subscription in order to get real in depth info tho.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Laxfan500 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:16 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:57 am This was a question I asked a good while back (below in italics). I have found since then that the best place for head-to-head listings are the individual team websites. Typically teams will publish an exhaustive, up-to-date list of every game the program has ever played. These stats can usually be found in the Media Guides or Record Books. In case there are any other stats fanatics out there, here's an example from the Towson Tigers website: https://towsontigers.com/documents/2021 ... f?id=19530

You can try lacrossereference.com. You may need to pay for a subscription in order to get real in depth info tho.
Thanks Laxfan. I’ll have to check that out.
OuttaNowhereWregget

As far as scheduling goes, do teams that win the national championship become a coveted opponent for other teams looking to fill next years schedule? Teams typically face a lot of familiar teams and schedule them every year. What happens when a team adds a new team--like BC adding Denver for the 2022 slate? Was that Denver's request or BC's?
Lax247

Post by Lax247 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:22 am As far as scheduling goes, do teams that win the national championship become a coveted opponent for other teams looking to fill next years schedule? Teams typically face a lot of familiar teams and schedule them every year. What happens when a team adds a new team--like BC adding Denver for the 2022 slate? Was that Denver's request or BC's?
That is not a good game for BC I hope no one gets hurt. Denver does not play a clean game…..
DMac

Post by DMac »

What's not clean about their game?
If they're not playing clean, they're playing dirty?
OuttaNowhereWregget

Lax247 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:10 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:22 am As far as scheduling goes, do teams that win the national championship become a coveted opponent for other teams looking to fill next years schedule? Teams typically face a lot of familiar teams and schedule them every year. What happens when a team adds a new team--like BC adding Denver for the 2022 slate? Was that Denver's request or BC's?
That is not a good game for BC I hope no one gets hurt. Denver does not play a clean game…..
BC can play chippy as well so it might be a real scrappy affair. Looking forward to it. Can’t wait for BC’s schedule to drop.
DMac

Post by DMac »

They all play tough, it's highly competitive D1 lax played by well conditioned, talented athletes who are trying to win a game. It's always the other team who doesn't play clean lacrosse.
OuttaNowhereWregget

DMac wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:17 am They all play tough, it's highly competitive D1 lax played by well conditioned, talented athletes who are trying to win a game. It's always the other team who doesn't play clean lacrosse.
I disagree. Some teams are a lot more free with their sticks. Year after year I notice not only the Orange, but Northwestern and Florida to name a few who are rough with their sticks and such. Teams have personalities, some by design.
DMac

Post by DMac »

They all play tough and yes, some have different styles of play but that doesn't make 'em chippy or dirty.
They all play by the same rule book and with officials on the field.
OuttaNowhereWregget

DMac wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:39 am They all play tough and yes, some have different styles of play but that doesn't make 'em chippy or dirty.
They all play by the same rule book and with officials on the field.
Coach Acacia for BC said she likes “chippy” from her players. Her word. Nothing wrong with calling a trait a trait.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Define chippy.
OuttaNowhereWregget

DMac wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:48 amDefine chippy.
What she said...

“We’ve tried really hard to maintain the same attitude that we have had heading into every fall and embracing a really chippy, aggressive style,” says head coach Acacia Walker-Weinstein.

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... fall/58566
DMac

Post by DMac »

So tenacious could be used rather than chippy.
Got it.
Lax247

Post by Lax247 »

DMac wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:14 am What's not clean about their game?
Yes! Was speaking with a parent from team that played them in fall very dirty.
Lax247

Post by Lax247 »

DMac wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:17 am They all play tough, it's highly competitive D1 lax played by well conditioned, talented athletes who are trying to win a game. It's always the other team who doesn't play clean lacrosse.
So you are saying all teams play the same and no teams play aggressive borderline dirty lacrosse ? Obv you never watched florida play ?
OuttaNowhereWregget

And by the same token, I never think of Carolina or Maryland et al. when I think of chippy or free swinging stick teams.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Lax247 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:28 am
DMac wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:14 am What's not clean about their game?
Yes! Was speaking with a parent from team that played them in fall very dirty.
Guess that makes 'em dirty then.
Coach teaching them to play dirty?
Dirty to you, tough to another?

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”