All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

PizzaSnake

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by PizzaSnake »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:26 am
youthathletics wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:40 am
seacoaster wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:51 am
youthathletics wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:21 pm So does these mean we can now call Biden names for banning travel from Africa? :lol:
No. I'll go with evidence-based and prudent for $1,000,000,000 Alex:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/20 ... -lockdown/

Good try. You keep supporting people who want to end democracy. Nice story for the grandkids someday.
:lol: :lol: oooooh Im sorry seacoster, that was incorrect, the correct answer is "Double-Standard". ;)

Not supporting anyone.....no need to read any more in to it than simply banning travel from a country. Appreciate you keeping up with MSNBC talking points by lumping anyone not you, into a category of against democracy.

Seems Joe already knew how to control CV-19 back in March of 2020, he just failed to tell us....implying banning travel was a bad choice.
Joe Biden
@JoeBiden

United States government official
A wall will not stop the coronavirus.

Banning all travel from Europe — or any other part of the world — will not stop it.

This disease could impact every nation and any person on the planet — and we need a plan to combat it.
8:05 PM · Mar 12, 2020

youth, you're smarter than this.

In March 2020, Biden or anyone else who said that banning travel from Europe or anywhere else was already too late was correct.

Horses were already out of the barn.
Covid was already in the US and spreading. Too late.
We needed to focus on measures to slow spread here.

It may well be too late to stop this variant from getting out of Africa and to the US. But we don't know that yet.

But if it's not here yet, slowing it up may well give the scientists time to make adjustments to the vaccines, boosters, etc, such that we can squelch it when it does appear (as is likely inevitable).

I think we'll learn a lot more about this new variant in the next few weeks.

EDIT: I agree with Bart that travel bans won't stop the variant from eventually getting here. I think the point is to try to slow it up, give the scientists a window.
“ I agree with Bart that travel bans won't stop the variant from eventually getting here.”

"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

PizzaSnake wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:46 am
youthathletics wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:21 pm So does these mean we can now call Biden names for banning travel from Africa? :lol:

Good try. You keep supporting people who want to end democracy. Nice story for the grandkids someday.
:lol: :lol: oooooh Im sorry seacoster, that was incorrect, the correct answer is "Double-Standard". ;)

Not supporting anyone.....no need to read any more in to it than simply banning travel from a country. Appreciate you keeping up with MSNBC talking points by lumping anyone not you, into a category of against democracy.

Seems Joe already knew how to control CV-19 back in March of 2020, he just failed to tell us....implying banning travel was a bad choice.
Joe Biden
@JoeBiden

Banning all travel from Europe — or any other part of the world — will not stop it.

This disease could impact every nation and any person on the planet — and we need a plan to combat it.

In March 2020, Biden or anyone else who said that banning travel from Europe or anywhere else was already too late was correct.

It may well be too late to stop this variant from getting out of Africa and to the US. But we don't know that yet.

But if it's not here yet, slowing it up may well give the scientists time to make adjustments to the vaccines, boosters, etc, such that we can squelch it when it does appear (as is likely inevitable).

EDIT: I agree with Bart that travel bans won't stop the variant from eventually getting here. I think the point is to try to slow it up, give the scientists a window.
“ I agree with Bart that travel bans won't stop the variant from eventually getting here.”

+1

Travel bans the way the world currently conducts them are useless. We could make them more useful, real lockdowns, but no one wants that.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

jhu72 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:17 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:46 am

Joe Biden
@JoeBiden

+1

Travel bans the way the world currently conducts them are useless. We could make them more useful, real lockdowns, but no one wants that.
A real lockdown is the most effective weapon. In the meantime, we will continue with fits and starts while the unvaccinated maintain their right to go about life as if they are vaccinated.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Bart wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:57 am

"Two planes carrying some 600 passengers from South Africa brought 61 people infected with covid to the Netherlands, Dutch health authorities said on Saturday after halting flights from several southern African countries over fears of the new omicron variant.

Passengers were tested at the airport and those with infections will be isolated at a hotel, a regional Dutch health agency said. The health body did not immediately return a request for comment early Saturday on whether the omicron variant was detected among the positive samples, though it has said researchers were racing to make a determination “as soon as possible.”

Omicron, a variant of the coronavirus that some scientists fear could be more transmissible than delta, was labeled as a “variant of concern” by the World Health Organization Friday. It was first detected in the southern region of Africa, where cases have started rising again in recent days.

A new round of countries on Saturday rushed to ban or curb travel from there in a bid to stem the spread of the just-discovered variant, which has raised concern about the global trajectory of the pandemic. The United States, the European Union and Britain swiftly imposed travel restrictions on South Africa and its neighbors including Zimbabwe and Botswana, though the variant has also been identified in Belgium, Hong Kong and Israel.

Amsterdam’s Schiphol Airport, where the two Friday flights landed, saw over 71 million passengers in 2019, making it one of the busiest and most connected travel hubs in the world."

IMO travel bans do nothing to stop the spread of the virus. Makes people feel good I suppose. If people do not think this variant is in Europe and will soon be here I think they are being naive.
I’d like the get rid of the theater that is TSA as well but it isn’t happening.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Joe Biden
@JoeBiden

A little ....refresher. It was 21-Jan of the first case in the US....

Oh how soon we forget......It was on 24 February that Nancy was encouraging parties in the street......just two short weeks before that travel ban.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

For real? Damn…

New York Declares State of Emergency to Combat Omicron Variant
Precautionary measure will allow hospitals to turn away patients seeking nonurgent care

‘It’s coming,’ New York Gov. Kathy Hochul said of the Omicron strain.
By Sara Randazzo
Updated Nov. 27, 2021 2:34 pm ET

New York’s governor declared a state of emergency to prepare for a possible Covid-19 surge from the new Omicron variant that is spreading around the globe.

The precautionary measure announced Friday is intended to help hospitals in the state prepare for a potential winter wave caused by the new variant, which the World Health Organization has said might be more transmissible and pose a greater risk of illness than existing strains of the coronavirus. New York is the first state to declare a state of emergency in response to the Omicron variant.

First detected in South Africa, Omicron hasn’t been found anywhere in the U.S.

Get a coronavirus briefing six days a week, and a weekly Health newsletter once the crisis abates: Sign up here.

“It’s coming,” New York Gov. Kathy Hochul said of the new strain, which has made its way to the U.K., Belgium and other countries..

Speaking Saturday on the “Today” show, Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said all precautions should be taken until more is known about Omicron.

“It likely will be more transmissible,” he said. “We don’t know that yet, but you have to be careful and assume that’s the case.”

Dr. Fauci said he wouldn’t be surprised if the variant is already in the U.S.

Starting Monday, the U.S. will block travel for most travelers from South Africa and seven neighboring countries to try to control the spread of the disease. The ban doesn’t apply to U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents.

New York’s executive order means hospitals with less than 10% bed capacity, or others designated by the state as being at risk, will be able to turn away patients seeking nonurgent or nonessential health procedures to ensure there are enough resources to treat Covid-19 cases.

The order, which is in place until at least Jan. 15, also allows the state to more quickly access critical supplies.

The WHO declared Omicron a “variant of concern” on Friday, saying it carries higher risks than other strains of the virus.

As of Friday, there have been 47.9 million confirmed Covid-19 cases in the U.S. and about 774,000 deaths, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Write to Sara Randazzo at [email protected]
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:19 pm

Joe Biden
@JoeBiden

Oh how soon we forget......It was on 24 February that Nancy was encouraging parties in the street......just two short weeks before that travel ban.
:D prevagen.

Yes, the first cases were noticed in January in the US, and what I said was that by March anyone, Biden included, saying that travel bans were too late were correct. It was already here and spreading fast, there was no closing the barn door in March.

Pelosi was wrong to dismiss it in February. I dunno whether she had the intel briefings by then that should have told her otherwise, but she was proven wrong. But travel bans in March were already way too late. Biden was correct in March.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:09 pm

Joe Biden
@JoeBiden

:D prevagen.

Yes, the first cases were noticed in January in the US, and what I said was that by March anyone, Biden included, saying that travel bans were too late were correct. It was already here and spreading fast, there was no closing the barn door in March.

Pelosi was wrong to dismiss it in February. I dunno whether she had the intel briefings by then that should have told her otherwise, but she was proven wrong. But travel bans in March were already way too late. Biden was correct in March.
That’s funny. I had prevagen in my reply and decided to remove it, thought you’d get a bit feisty if I suggested you needed some.....I guess it’s not working 😉 😘
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

Joe Biden
@JoeBiden

She believed Trump.
“I wish you would!”
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:09 pm

Joe Biden
@JoeBiden

She believed Trump.
And maybe we know now what was only known to Trump, his inner circle and Bob Woodward. YA needs the "double standard" narrative to make him feel better about voting to end democracy.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

"We are in the midst of a crisis with the coronavirus," Biden tweeted as a presidential candidate last year the day after Trump imposed travel restrictions from China into the United States. "We need to lead the way with science — not hysteria, xenophobia, and fear-mongering. He is the worst possible person to lead our country through a global health emergency."
https://twitter.com/serafinos/status/13 ... 62209?s=21

:oops:

It was bad when Trump did it. Now it’s smart action.

:lol:

Biden doesn’t even believe what he’s saying.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:31 am
"We are in the midst of a crisis with the coronavirus," Biden tweeted as a presidential candidate last year the day after Trump imposed travel restrictions from China into the United States. "We need to lead the way with science — not hysteria, xenophobia, and fear-mongering. He is the worst possible person to lead our country through a global health emergency."

stop posting things like this....or you'll be put in a box of not believing in democracy and a forever trump supporter.

Those unable to admit the double standard (on both sides), are also willing to accept each and every change as progress (but only if its from their side)....just not mean tweets and if you have orange skin. ;)
~Livy

Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:52 am

stop posting things like this....or you'll be put in a box of not believing in democracy and a forever trump supporter.

Those unable to admit the double standard (on both sides), are also willing to accept each and every change as progress (but only if its from their side)....just not mean tweets and if you have orange skin. ;)
It was only February 1, 2020 and he was right.

“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

What do you call someone obsessed with pointing out double standards to the point of ignoring everything else and constantly harping on it and being negative?
tech37

Post by tech37 »

“It’s coming,” New York Gov. Kathy Hochul said of the new strain, which has made its way to the U.K., Belgium and other countries.."

NYS state of emergency? Is this really good policy when so little is known about a new variant? Sure comes off as fear-mongering at this early stage. This kind of rhetoric/policy may in the long run do nothing more than completely F up the economy more.

How about we first get some facts re the so-called new variant. That will take some time.
Last edited by tech37 on Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I saw this in Axios yesterday. Seems a bit much. At this point we should be more measured than we were almost 2yrs ago. Seems reactionary and out of control.
Typical Lax Dad

tech37 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:29 am “It’s coming,” New York Gov. Kathy Hochul said of the new strain, which has made its way to the U.K., Belgium and other countries.."

NYS state of emergency? Is this really good policy when so little is known about a new variant? Sure comes off as fear-mongering at this early stage. This kind of rhetoric/policy may in the long run do nothing more than completely F up the economy more.

How about we first get some facts re the so-called new variant. That will take some time.
https://bronx.news12.com/ny-hospitals-b ... -emergency

We have plenty of facts of how this could possibly go. Just seems to be laying the groundwork for more drastic measures as the fact set determines. You believe we should do nothing?

“The executive order, which goes into effect on Dec. 3, will allow the Department of Health to limit nonessential and non-urgent hospital procedures in situations where a hospital has less than 10% staffed bed capacity.”

Stop propagating mis-information.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:38 am
tech37 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:29 am “It’s coming,” New York Gov. Kathy Hochul said of the new strain, which has made its way to the U.K., Belgium and other countries.."

https://bronx.news12.com/ny-hospitals-b ... -emergency

We have plenty of facts of how this could possibly go. Just seems to be laying the groundwork for more drastic measures as the fact set determines. You believe we should do nothing?

“The executive order, which goes into effect on Dec. 3, will allow the Department of Health to limit nonessential and non-urgent hospital procedures in situations where a hospital has less than 10% staffed bed capacity.”

Stop propagating mis-information.
Your just a woke sheep (I do think the action is a bit premature and we should have the benefit of the last round to be better prepared but perhaps that’s on Cuomo)
tech37

Post by tech37 »

"We have plenty of facts of how this could possibly go."

In what reality does this sentence make any sense?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:26 am

What do you call someone obsessed with pointing out double standards to the point of ignoring everything else and constantly harping on it and being negative?
you? ;)
~Livy

Return to “POLITICS”