~46~ Lame Duck Unfit Uncle Joe Biden ~46~

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
jhu72

Re: ~46~ Unfit Uncle Joe Biden ~46~

Post by jhu72 »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:59 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:39 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:03 pm
youthathletics wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:27 am If only that were true.....please tell me which one of those on that list is shovel ready in the next 2-3years, much less year 1
He didn’t complain that it wasn’t passed 2-4 years ago, he’s saying that it will not be “delivered” now or anytime soon as the cartoon and the poster wrongly boasts.
Well, heck, it just got signed.

But neither the cartoon, nor the bill, nor Biden, nor Brooklyn, claims that the infrastructure bill is intended for a short term boost to the economy. Unlike the 'selling' of the bi-partisan stimulus package in 2008, "shovel-ready" isn't the primary intent, though obviously there will indeed be projects begun this coming year. But the vast bulk of the spending happens over the full 10 years, not year one.

Yes, it'll ultimately drive a lot of job growth, primarily in high working class wages, which is certainly good for the overall economy, but IMO this is mostly about increased productivity and competitiveness in an ever more competitive world.

The point, for those who missed it, is that it's a transformative commitment to badly needed infrastructure improvements all across the country. That used to be a major priority for both parties, indeed the same bill could have been passed with Dem support any time in the past 4 years of GOP led Admin, including the period in which the GOP held all levers, but the prior Admin, for all its bluster and fanfare about "infrastructure week" again and again and again, never even produced a bill for a vote. But Biden got it done.

And democracy got it done...the relevance to that is that the US had become an embarrassing basket case in the eyes of much of the developed world, seemingly incapable of making long term investments and instead lurching from one populist outrage to another.

We should all be darn glad that democracy can deliver.
The alternative is failure and ultimately autocracy.

Put aside Party for a moment and simply be glad that democracy can deliver.
We are all glad to see, cough-cough...infrastructure cash being spent, if it ends up there. But there is absolutely zero reason it could not have been allocated for immediately 'shovel ready' work. Even after all the red tape reforms since 2008, some trump cleared the path for, we will still get in our own damned way.

I am thrilled about it, just as I was thrilled we were attempting to bring manufacturing back here...just like Joe is talking about (oddly, he's not being laughed at about it).

Infrastructure cash has always been available and should be part of every single budget....and strangely its why we see so much pork in every damned bill. Remember the WV's highway that to nowhere?
... old article. It won't take anywhere near 26 years from now to finish US 48 (corridor H designation). I have been using the the eastern half of US 48 for a decade now. Best idea ever for a highway to somewhere if you are a fan of nature.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

The six-page letter released by the White House Friday night, revealed the results of Biden's first official physical. But it omitted any reference to Biden’s cognitive faculties or a cognitive test:

https://www.scribd.com/document/5410052 ... =affiliate

Biden plans to run again in 2024. He would be 82 years old.

It appears, from his bizarre and befuddled behavior, that something is not quite right with the president. And a recent poll shows 59% of voters want him to take a cognitive test and release the results:

https://mclaughlinonline.com/pols/wp-co ... ease-1.pdf
old salt

Post by old salt »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:08 pm
Infrastructure cash has always been available and should be part of every single budget....and strangely its why we see so much pork in every damned bill. Remember the WV's highway that to nowhere?
... old article. It won't take anywhere near 26 years from now to finish US 48 (corridor H designation). I have been using the the eastern half of US 48 for a decade now. Best idea ever for a highway to somewhere if you are a fan of nature.
For W bound out of DC, US 48 could link I-66 to I-79 to I-64 without having to go so far south on I-81 to connect to I-64.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

old salt wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:53 pm
For W bound out of DC, US 48 could link I-66 to I-79 to I-64 without having to go so far south on I-81 to connect to I-64.
+1

Several years ago I hiked the three (3) highest points in MD/WV/PA on the Summer Solstice; leaving Bethesda around 3:00 am. I was STUNNED at the number of cars coming east off 48, just west of Front Royal. Seriously, miles after miles of headlights and I was the sole car heading west at that time of day.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

For W bound out of DC, US 48 could link I-66 to I-79 to I-64 without having to go so far south to connect to I-64.
Yup. Great idea. Scenic and very quick route west. I think they are currently doing the environmental study to link I-66 to 48, it is not many miles.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

CU88 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:02 pm
+1

Several years ago I hiked the three (3) highest points in MD/WV/PA on the Summer Solstice; leaving Bethesda around 3:00 am. I was STUNNED at the number of cars coming east off 48, just west of Front Royal. Seriously, miles after miles of headlights and I was the sole car heading west at that time of day.
About 15+ years ago.....tons of people left Fairfax and Loudon counties for less expensive land and home costs in WV. Especially many that worked in those counties.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:10 pm The six-page letter released by the White House Friday night, revealed the results of Biden's first official physical. But it omitted any reference to Biden’s cognitive faculties or a cognitive test:

It appears, from his bizarre and befuddled behavior, that something is not quite right with the president. And a recent poll shows 59% of voters want him to take a cognitive test and release the results:

:lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8oaaP68i4s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omTd0bvQT_M
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:59 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:10 pm The six-page letter released by the White House Friday night, revealed the results of Biden's first official physical. But it omitted any reference to Biden’s cognitive faculties or a cognitive test:

:oops:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:04 pm
For W bound out of DC, US 48 could link I-66 to I-79 to I-64 without having to go so far south to connect to I-64.
Yup. Great idea. Scenic and very quick route west. I think they are currently doing the environmental study to link I-66 to 48, it is not many miles.
Think I’ve been on that, back when I lived in DC I went to this Seneca rocks area twice to do a little hiking. Does 48 going through a national forest-maybe Teddy Roosevelt Natl Forest or another presidential name?
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I’ve cut through there, the development would explode around Woodberry Forest and related areas. Would turn into mini Herndon Co if that happened. Good economically, not so much if you like that open landscape. Look at Winchester for an example of what it would turn into. Not a bad idea just can’t complain when it becomes the land of fast food, QSRs and dodgy retail.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:29 am

So what?
Biden's been a gaffe machine since he got into politics.

But he's not an idiotic a-hole. And that's a heck of an improvement.

Listen, Kasich was my preference on the R side in 2016. In 2020, my preference would have been Buttigeig (smartest, most articulate) or Klobuchar, (most reasonable and experienced, get things done across the aisle legislator). But Biden's breadth of knowledge and background, and bona fides across a spectrum of Dem voters, was preferred.

OK, I'd have voted for a manhole cover over Trump. Would do so today.

And I really see no serious diminution of acuity in Biden...your examples only prove that.
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:15 pm

So what?

But he's not an idiotic a-hole. And that's a heck of an improvement.

Listen, Kasich was my preference on the R side in 2016. In 2020, my preference would have been Buttigeig (smartest, most articulate) or Klobuchar, (most reasonable and experienced, get things done across the aisle legislator). But Biden's breadth of knowledge and background, and bona fides across a spectrum of Dem voters, was preferred.

OK, I'd have voted for a manhole cover over Trump. Would do so today.

And I really see no serious diminution of acuity in Biden...your examples only prove that.
I don't know. Unlike Trump, a manhole cover might get us into a shooting war with Iran. :D
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

So what?

Those gaffes were 5-10 years ago when Biden was "with it."

You've seen no diminution of acuity? Now he's just spewing nonsense and jibberish:

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:27 am
Think I’ve been on that, back when I lived in DC I went to this Seneca rocks area twice to do a little hiking. Does 48 going through a national forest-maybe Teddy Roosevelt Natl Forest or another presidential name?
It is how I get to Seneca Rocks and Spruce Knob and other recreation areas. 48 does pass through Monongahela National Forest (the north most edge). You are probably thinking of George Washington National Forest which is just across the border in Virginia. 48 corridor passes threw a bigger section of GWNF.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:35 pm
It is how I get to Seneca Rocks and Spruce Knob and other recreation areas. 48 does pass through Monongahela National Forest (the north most edge). You are probably thinking of George Washington National Forest which is just across the border in Virginia. 48 corridor passes threw a bigger section of GWNF.
Ah thanks. Knew it sounded familiar. Been a while but my memory is still ok of that area.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:58 pm

So what?

Those gaffes were 5-10 years ago when Biden was "with it."

You've seen no diminution of acuity? Now he's just spewing nonsense and jibberish:

nonsense; I understood what he was gabbling on about. He was filling space, but it made plenty of sense.

Again, I'll take the manhole cover over a corrupt, autocrat, insurrectionist a-hole any day of the week.

And for that matter, I'll take a manhole cover over anyone who can't call out the Big Lie and the Big Liar.

Pretty simple. You guys told us that all that's important is the "binary choice" between Hillary and Donald, and I'm saying that it's become easy for me now, despite having never voted D for POTUS in 4 decades of consistent voting. Manhole cover versus Trump or Trump apologist, manhole cover.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

More on the bank nominee kerfuffle:

Axios:

Centrist Dems sink Biden’s nominee for top bank regulator:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.axios. ... 491f9.html
Five Democratic senators have told the White House they won't support Saule Omarova to head the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, effectively killing her nomination for the powerful bank-regulator position.

Why it matters: The defiant opposition from a broad coalition of senators reflects the real policy concerns they had with Omarova, a Cornell University law professor who's attracted controversy for her academic writings about hemming in big banks.
——————————-

White House Anonymous Source Lashes Out at Critics of OCC Nominee Omarova
Official does not mention report of Democratic opposition:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... ee-omarova
The official, who was granted anonymity to discuss the matter, added the adamant opposition from banks and Republican lawmakers was generated by fear of scrutiny, not evidence that Omarova was unqualified to run the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency.

The official, however, did not address an article by Axios earlier Wednesday that five Democratic senators had said they would not vote for her. The offices of two of the senators, Jon Tester of Montana and John Warner of Virginia declined to comment on the article. The other senators mentioned in the article were Kyrsten Sinema, and Mark Kelly of Arizona and John Hickenlooper of Colorado.

In the evenly divided Senate, their votes are essential to Omarova’s confirmation.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

From Trump to now Biden. Whoever is running the White House hasn’t learned yet. If you make an appointment for optics, to appease fringe members of your party, don’t be surprised if the moderates oppose you…for optics.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:35 pm
Don't tell people about these great places! ;)

The 2nd best part of being out there is lack of celluar service. The phone goes silent and you need to use an old fashion map for your first couple of visits.

My climbing days are past, but great hiking and some entertaining viewing of climbers. Also, nothing like grabbing one of those dry pre-made, with love, sandwiches from Yokum's Deli for a post hike meal.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
tech37

Post by tech37 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:32 am From Trump to now Biden. Whoever is running the White House hasn’t learned yet. If you make an appointment for optics, to appease fringe members of your party, don’t be surprised if the moderates oppose you…for optics.
Typical White House reaction: "A White House official said the attacks on Omarova, a Cornell law professor who has been sharply critical of big banks and cryptocurrencies, were so unfair that they smacked of the red-baiting smears leveled by Senator Joe McCarthy in the 1950s."

What, no mention of race?

Return to “POLITICS”