Syracuse

D1 Womens Lacrosse
DMac

Re: Syracuse

Post by DMac »

In case you haven't been following, Emily, we're over the moon about you here too and are just crazy excited about seeing you on the field again. As the waters of the moon drip, drip, dripped, EH recuperated, recovered, and rebooted. The shooting star is back. So is Megan (I hope)....oh, and Emma too. This could be a whole lot of fun.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Damn, almost missed this.
Have a good one, Maddy.
https://nationaltoday.com/redhead-appreciation-day/
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

DMac wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:31 pm Damn, almost missed this.
Have a good one, Maddy.
https://nationaltoday.com/redhead-appreciation-day/
:lol: :lol:
moonwater21

Post by moonwater21 »

OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

moonwater21 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:57 pm '21-'22 Roster :

https://cuse.com/sports/womens-lacrosse/roster
Very impressive top heavy with veterans (6 grads and 7 seniors) roster for goal scorers and big time gamers. Hawryschuk, Carney, Tyrrell's and Emma Ward. Yikes! Scary to consider how much firepower that is if you're the opposition in '22. We'll see what the defense/goaltending situation hashes out to be by the time the ACC tournament/NCAA's roll around but it may be a work in progress all season. We'll see how the green coaching staff does with all that.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:48 am

Very impressive top heavy with veterans (6 grads and 7 seniors) roster for goal scorers and big time gamers. Hawryschuk, Carney, Tyrrell's and Emma Ward. Yikes! Scary to consider how much firepower that is if you're the opposition in '22. We'll see what the defense/goaltending situation hashes out to be by the time the ACC tournament/NCAA's roll around but it may be a work in progress all season. We'll see how the green coaching staff does with all that.
Hard to call Defleise (sic?) green; associate head coach at SBU for five years, and assistant with Syracuse since 2016. At least Syracuse will have her experience on the end of the field we think they will need some experience.
OuttaNowhereWregget

seacoaster wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:56 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:48 am

Hard to call Defleise (sic?) green; associate head coach at SBU for five years, and assistant with Syracuse since 2016. At least Syracuse will have her experience on the end of the field we think they will need some experience.
Defliese. Easy enough to check the spelling on the Syracuse women’s lacrosse website.

On the whole, green. First head-coaching position for Kayla Treanor. Kenzie Kent had a cup of coffee assistant position with Harvard as the Crimson played only 6 games during her 2 years there.
Ketch

Post by Ketch »

Two questions: 1) Is Syracuse playing this weekend?; and 2) If so, is it open to the public?
DMac, gas is in the car. Are you ready to go?
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Ketch wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:14 am Two questions: 1) Is Syracuse playing this weekend?; and 2) If so, is it open to the public?
US Lax Magazine says they are playing Navy in Syracuse.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Ketch wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:14 am Two questions: 1) Is Syracuse playing this weekend?; and 2) If so, is it open to the public?
Am on it, will find out.
If the answer to #2 is yes, the answer to the last question is, as Mr. Morrissey would say, you bet your ball sack!!
DMac

Post by DMac »

I'm ready to go, ketch, but gas up for a trip to Annapolis as it appears as if US Lax Mag is putting out bum dope. They're playing at Navy. Didn't think I would forget about this, remember reading awhile back that Cuse's first scrimmage(s) here is in October. I called Cuse so I'd go with what they're telling me and chalk one up as bad press from US Lax Mag.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

DMac wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:15 am I'm ready to go, ketch, but gas up for a trip to Annapolis as it appears as if US Lax Mag is putting out bum dope. They're playing at Navy. Didn't think I would forget about this, remember reading awhile back that Cuse's first scrimmage(s) here is in October. I called Cuse so I'd go with what they're telling me and chalk one up as bad press from US Lax Mag.
Yeah, I noticed that Navy was playing in Chapel Hill the next day. Maybe you and Ketch need a road trip, some barbeque, etc.
OuttaNowhereWregget

laxer12 wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:02 pm So you admit that other teams (such as BC) also have very physical, sometimes a little rough or "chippy" players as well.
Without a doubt.
laxer12 wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:02 pm I'm not sure why you felt the need to single out Syracuse and chastise its program as well as the players.
I don't think that's a fair conclusion to draw. There were physical incidents I pointed out but I point them out where ever I see them, regardless of the laundry.
laxer12 wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:02 pm You could literally point to almost any high caliber division 1 team and find instances of physical or rough play. Primarily, there's nothing malevolent about most of these physical, aggressive plays. It's just the nature of the game today with the players being such strong, fast, intelligent, and competitive athletes.
Agreed.
OuttaNowhereWregget

From this photo, it looks like Ms. Ward has been pumping that iron and getting into fighting shape.

Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
OuttaNowhereWregget

Breaking News! Emily Hawryschuk and Sam Swart have changed positions and are now playing goaltender!

OuttaNowhereWregget

How much will women’s lacrosse benefit?

“SYRACUSE ATHLETICS ANNOUNCES $150M FUNDRAISING INITIATIVE TO CREATE UNSURPASSED STUDENT-ATHLETE EXPERIENCE”

https://cuse.com/news/2021/11/22/genera ... ience.aspx
OuttaNowhereWregget

Emma Ward Bounce Pass?

Yep—a bounce pass...in lacrosse...

I’ve never seen a bounce pass in lacrosse. Sift through your go-to superlatives to describe this clip.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CWqfrkhlEI ... =copy_link
seacoaster

Re: Emma Ward Bounce Pass?

Post by seacoaster »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:51 am Yep—a bounce pass...in lacrosse...

I’ve never seen a bounce pass in lacrosse. Sift through your go-to superlatives to describe this clip.

Nice pass.
Laxfan500

Re: Emma Ward Bounce Pass?

Post by Laxfan500 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:51 am Yep—a bounce pass...in lacrosse...

It’s not common but I have def seen a few . In fact our high school team used to do a bounce pass every once in awhile . I don’t know why more players don’t utilize it more . Also a great finish from the softest hands currently playing . The pass won’t get highlighted if the other player doesn’t “finish”. a great sequence all the way through. Emma ward is def fun to watch.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”