media matters

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: media matters

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:32 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:01 am https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/the-w ... spartandhp So the FLP mainstream media is grudgingly admitting that they screwed the pooch on this story. I hope this young man is compensated for the abuse and torment brought upon him by the FLP mainstream media. He was standing there waiting for a bus to pick him up which he and the other students were instructed to do. The FLP nut jobs forced this confrontation on a 16 year old high school student and then passed judgement on him by how he reacted to the FLP provocation. Hell in NYS you can be 16 years old and beat some body to death and you will be acknowledged as a innocent young child that was not responsible for his/her actions. Not if you are a 16 year old high school student wearing a MAGA... you are scum in the eyes of the hate filled racist far left folks. The only thing missing here is that one of these ANTIFA piles of chit was not on site to beat the hell out of this young lad to give him the FLP indoctrination about what love trumps hate is all about. :roll: https://www.ny.gov/programs/raise-age-0
Give it a rest Mr. Moderate

search.php?keywords=FLP&terms=all&autho ... mit=Search

search.php?keywords=Far+right&terms=all ... mit=Search
I just watched a video this morning of some kid on the Berkley Campus being punched in the face for I guess wearing a MAGA hat. Love trumps hate after all TLD. I will give it a rest when you can wear a hat in this country without fear of being assaulted and beaten up by FLP just overflowing with their own brand of love that revolves around distributing knuckle sandwiches to people hats that they don't like. :roll: https://www.washingtonpost.com/educatio ... 1468fb5c06 So how do you defend this TLD? What happens when one of these folks wearing a MAGA hat and carrying a concealed fire arm shoots the attacker in the head?

What is your choice here?? Repudiate wanton violence or defend the physical assault on another human being because you disagree with their political beliefs? Is that what love trumps hate is all about? You FLP folks are becoming the poster children for hypocrisy and you all don't even see it. Maybe we should all just "give it a rest" :? I would be impressed if just for once any one of you FLP hypocrites out there could take a principled stand on senseless violence. Some of you folks want to shut down the expression of free speech from the other side. In the process some of you have created the exact same thing you all opine about... the atmosphere of hatred and intolerance.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:08 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:01 am https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/the-w ... spartandhp So the FLP mainstream media is grudgingly admitting that they screwed the pooch on this story. I hope this young man is compensated for the abuse and torment brought upon him by the FLP mainstream media. He was standing there waiting for a bus to pick him up which he and the other students were instructed to do. The FLP nut jobs forced this confrontation on a 16 year old high school student and then passed judgement on him by how he reacted to the FLP provocation. Hell in NYS you can be 16 years old and beat some body to death and you will be acknowledged as a innocent young child that was not responsible for his/her actions. Not if you are a 16 year old high school student wearing a MAGA... you are scum in the eyes of the hate filled racist far left folks. The only thing missing here is that one of these ANTIFA piles of chit was not on site to beat the hell out of this young lad to give him the FLP indoctrination about what love trumps hate is all about. :roll: https://www.ny.gov/programs/raise-age-0

I just watched a video this morning of some kid on the Berkley Campus being punched in the face for I guess wearing a MAGA hat. Love trumps hate after all TLD. I will give it a rest when you can wear a hat in this country without fear of being assaulted and beaten up by FLP just overflowing with their own brand of love that revolves around distributing knuckle sandwiches to people hats that they don't like. :roll: https://www.washingtonpost.com/educatio ... 1468fb5c06 So how do you defend this TLD? What happens when one of these folks wearing a MAGA hat and carrying a concealed fire arm shoots the attacker in the head?

What is your choice here?? Repudiate wanton violence or defend the physical assault on another human being because you disagree with their political beliefs? Is that what love trumps hate is all about? You FLP folks are becoming the poster children for hypocrisy and you all don't even see it. Maybe we should all just "give it a rest" :? I would be impressed if just for once any one of you FLP hypocrites out there could take a principled stand on senseless violence. Some of you folks want to shut down the expression of free speech from the other side. In the process some of you have created the exact same thing you all opine about... the atmosphere of hatred and intolerance.
Trump brought the kid onstage at CPAC and said he took shot tot he face for all of us. An appropriate analogy.

MAGA hats (the medias symbol for evil conservatives) being the unifying offensive garment attacked in this instance, with Smolletts lies and with the Washington Post coverage of the Kentucky teenager. All assaulted by gentle liberal snowflakes.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

6ftstick wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:16 am

Trump brought the kid onstage at CPAC and said he took shot tot he face for all of us. An appropriate analogy.

MAGA hats (the medias symbol for evil conservatives) being the unifying offensive garment attacked in this instance, with Smolletts lies and with the Washington Post coverage of the Kentucky teenager. All assaulted by gentle liberal snowflakes.
What is the appropriate response if some right wing type beats the hell out of some person wearing a "feel the burn" hat? I bet that instantly becomes a "hate crime" There is nothing wrong with passionately disagreeing with the other side. When you are beating up people or trying to intimidate them because they are wearing a freaking hat and then justifying it. If this is now the new normal then our nation has definitely crossed into the realm of the surreal.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

I must have missed this; did someone get beaten up because they were wearing a MAGA hat? Someone get punched in the face?

Are you actually worried about this?

Or does it just offend you that people read wearing a MAGA hat as expressing strong public support for Trump and confront them verbally on that topic?

Smollett should do some jail time, or a heck of a lot of community service... and certainly a big fine reimbursing the police for their wasted time. I don't hear anyone arguing on here or on any news stations otherwise.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:35 pm I must have missed this; did someone get beaten up because they were wearing a MAGA hat? Someone get punched in the face?

Or does it just offend you that people read wearing a MAGA hat as expressing strong public support for Trump and confront them verbally on that topic?

Smollett should do some jail time, or a heck of a lot of community service... and certainly a big fine reimbursing the police for their wasted time. I don't hear anyone arguing on here or on any news stations otherwise.
So you are all for people wearing MAGA hats being beaten down and punched in the face? Got it MD... makes perfect sense... :roll: What really concerns me is that American citizens being assaulted for wearing a freaking hat means nothing to you. Are you so blind that you can't see the big picture. We disagree on many issues here MD but your lack of basic understanding and compassion about this is disturbing. Go back to concentrating on that moron from Chicago... that is where the big fish are swimming I guess. He paid money to be punched in the face. The other person was walking across a college campus. Maybe in the world you live in there is no differentiating between the 2 incidents. Wow... and the load of chit you dumped on me for calling RBG... buzzi. I guess your priorities are a bit scrambled up. Some things offend you and others things not so much... :?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:43 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:35 pm I must have missed this; did someone get beaten up because they were wearing a MAGA hat? Someone get punched in the face?

So you are all for people wearing MAGA hats being beaten down and punched in the face? Got it MD... makes perfect sense... :roll: What really concerns me is that American citizens being assaulted for wearing a freaking hat means nothing to you. Are you so blind that you can't see the big picture. We disagree on many issues here MD but your lack of basic understanding and compassion about this is disturbing. Go back to concentrating on that moron from Chicago... that is where the big fish are swimming I guess. He paid money to be punched in the face. The other person was walking across a college campus. Maybe in the world you live in there is no differentiating between the 2 incidents. Wow... and the load of chit you dumped on me for calling RBG... buzzi. I guess your priorities are a bit scrambled up. Some things offend you and others things not so much... :?
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:43 pm

As I clearly said, I must have missed the incident. I went back in the thread and found the incident with the kid in DC, but evidently you were referring to something else?

If someone gets punched because of the hat they're wearing, or something they say, that's assault. Not so sure it's a 'hate' crime under any particular such statute, but it certainly would be assault. I'm 100% for punishing the crime.

Do I need "compassion and understanding" to reach that conclusion? Not really, but hey I certainly don't think people should punch people for their views. If someone was carrying a swastika and chanting 'death to the Jews', I'd say the same thing, regardless of how despicable I find their views to be.

I also am not at all ok with a politician calling for violence from their followers against perceived 'enemies' You?

And, yes, the buzzi comment continues to be dumb and degrading, beneath anyone on this forum.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

I don’t defend it. The guy was wrong. Neither of them were students. Jerks.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

What possible relevance is there in relationship to victims of a crime being enrolled in ANY school? Not getting what you think you are thinking after, tld.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Fox News HAD the story of Trump's hush money payoffs to Stormy Daniels BEFORE the election but killed it because the reporter said she was told, "Good reporting Kiddo, but Rupert Murdoch wants Donald Trump to win. So set it aside." Reporter sued, is bound by an NDA. —-Jane Mayer, The New Yorker
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Trinity wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:03 am Fox News HAD the story of Trump's hush money payoffs to Stormy Daniels BEFORE the election but killed it because the reporter said she was told, "Good reporting Kiddo, but Rupert Murdoch wants Donald Trump to win. So set it aside." Reporter sued, is bound by an NDA. —-Jane Mayer, The New Yorker
Precisely the POINT I am alwayz making. (Democratic strategy pathetic )

Yup, we knew about divorces, Playboy Mcdongal (sp) and even his buddy and Clinton Pal scumbag Epstein.....only couldn't harp on the latter one......well before the election.

We litearraly voted in boxotheclown.......just to slap the status quo. worked....for about a week. Nope....the symptom is the decades of lousy job, don't enforce it's own laws US congress......or is it the cause?

IE: the real ID law........still NOT enforced, 15 years later.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Yesterday the FEC filed papers on alleged campaign violations on no other than ms transparent Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

For nearly a million dollars

Media coverage yesterday on the networks—0 minutes.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:02 am Yesterday the FEC filed papers on alleged campaign violations on no other than ms transparent Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

But a more balanced article is in the Post: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... 3fa73537cb

The FEC did not file papers. A conservative group did - a complaint that the LLC created by her now chief of staff Saikat Chakrabarti improperly disclosed spending.

The company was set up as a "one-stop shop" for candidates, and it had two PACs as clients which (also co-founded by Chakrabarti) worked to recruit candidates for office. The issue is that the LLC was not required by law to divulge certain information on how it spent money from the PACs and therefore the conservative groups charged that the arrangement was set up to allow for illegal transfers. However, this does not actually appear to be any sort of slam dunk. But certainly the setup, whether legal or not removes some transparency over the handling of money.

Because it is complicated, I suspect that the other national outlets at least paused on the story until it was more "complete" instead of just firing off what the conservative group (Virginia-based National Legal and Policy Center) said _might_ be happening.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

RedFromMI wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:20 am
6ftstick wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:02 am Yesterday the FEC filed papers on alleged campaign violations on no other than ms transparent Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

But a more balanced article is in the Post: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... 3fa73537cb

The FEC did not file papers. A conservative group did - a complaint that the LLC created by her now chief of staff Saikat Chakrabarti improperly disclosed spending.

The company was set up as a "one-stop shop" for candidates, and it had two PACs as clients which (also co-founded by Chakrabarti) worked to recruit candidates for office. The issue is that the LLC was not required by law to divulge certain information on how it spent money from the PACs and therefore the conservative groups charged that the arrangement was set up to allow for illegal transfers. However, this does not actually appear to be any sort of slam dunk. But certainly the setup, whether legal or not removes some transparency over the handling of money.

Because it is complicated, I suspect that the other national outlets at least paused on the story until it was more "complete" instead of just firing off what the conservative group (Virginia-based National Legal and Policy Center) said _might_ be happening.
So its your rationalization that they used the same "caution" they exercised so successfully with The Kentucky school kids and the Smollett story?
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

tech37

Post by tech37 »

Trinity wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:18 am https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/ ... 83231.html

Enemy Lists
Are these people, allegedly being watched, aiding and abetting undocumented migrants to break US immigration laws?

Being that you're the law & order authority on this board, I would think you'd be all for it. ;)
Last edited by tech37 on Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Yeah, I don’t find the press to be the enemy. I’m not afraid of poor families fleeing drought and societal collapse.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Trinity wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:08 am Yeah, I don’t find the press to be the enemy. I’m not afraid of poor families fleeing drought and societal collapse.
Ha, nice dodge... journalists or proponents?...and how bout those attorneys?...you OK with them too?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Trinity wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:18 am https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/ ... 83231.html

Enemy Lists
I remember when you went angry crazy at Obama ILLEGALLY, btw, wire tapped AP reporters. Media had a field day too................. :roll: :roll:

It's not just cops that protect their own breaking laws......is it?
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Uh, nope. Fine with the lawyers too. It’s their mission.
Cops breaking the rules and protecting each other?
Don’t know nothing bout that.
a fan

Post by a fan »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:34 am So its your rationalization that they used the same "caution" they exercised so successfully with The Kentucky school kids and the Smollett story?
Because only libs would make a mistake like that, and write something without having all he information needed to make a fair judgement....

"We condemn the actions of the Covington Catholic High School students towards Nathan Phillips specifically, and Native Americans in general, Jan. 18, after the March for Life, in Washington, D.C. We extend our deepest apologies to Mr. Phillips. This behavior is opposed to the Church’s teachings on the dignity and respect of the human person. The matter is being investigated and we will take appropriate action, up to and including expulsion. We know this incident also has tainted the entire witness of the March for Life and express our most sincere apologies to all those who attended the March and all those who support the pro-life movement.

- the Diocese of Covington and Covington Catholic High School.
Attachments
Diocese_of_Covington_on_boys_actions_645_260_75.jpg
Diocese_of_Covington_on_boys_actions_645_260_75.jpg (22.29 KiB) Viewed 1940 times

Return to “POLITICS”