Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
holmes435

Re: The Mueller Investigation

Post by holmes435 »

Wow, this is just sad.

There are relevant quotes about evil triumphing when good men do nothing. You sirs are doing nothing. Honestly, worse than nothing. The judge gave a sentence less than the defense was asking for. What does that say? The same judge sentenced a man to 40 years for dealing meth.

"He only got four years for conspiring to defraud the United States" - Manafort's entire life has been running PR and lobbying for dictators and mass murderers and opponents of the U.S.. And he was hired by Trump.

Manfort faces additional sentencing. Considering he didn't express any remorse, we'll see what happens.

Again, a question no one here has answered, what would you do if Hilary's Campaign Chairman ended up a convicted felon sentenced to 4 years for conspiracy to defraud the US?.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Chips O'Toole wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:35 pm I'm afraid Mueller's spectacular career is about to end with a big thud. This is all terrible and disappointing. Mueller needs to shut it down and let the country move on. It's over.
:?: You make it sound like this whole thing was Mueller's idea.

So the campaign chair for a sitting President was just sentenced to prison-----and you guys are acting like we should apologize to Trump, because...let me see if I have the logic right......Manafort is going to prison for the "wrong felonies"??
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Chips O'Toole wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:35 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:14 pm Apparently Judge Ellis was not impressed with Team Mueller's work.

The predictions on MSNBC of the sentence, compared to the reality, is hilarious.

Nasty Natasha B looks like she's going to cry.
This is a huge blow, probably fatal, to the entire Mueller investigation. Based on this massive slap in the face to Mueller, Trump should seriously consider shutting down the investigation. Politically, I think this is his best chance to go on the offensive. Arguably the biggest piece of the collusion puzzle just got a slap on the wrist for a bunch of non election-related garbage. I'm afraid Mueller's spectacular career is about to end with a big thud. This is all terrible and disappointing. Mueller needs to shut it down and let the country move on. It's over.
This is sarcasm, right?
old salt

Post by old salt »

holmes435 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:43 am Wow, this is just sad.

There are relevant quotes about evil triumphing when good men do nothing. You sirs are doing nothing. Honestly, worse than nothing. The judge gave a sentence less than the defense was asking for. What does that say? The same judge sentenced a man to 40 years for dealing meth.

"He only got four years for conspiring to defraud the United States" - Manafort's entire life has been running PR and lobbying for dictators and mass murderers and opponents of the U.S.. And he was hired by Trump.

Manfort faces additional sentencing. Considering he didn't express any remorse, we'll see what happens.

Again, a question no one here has answered, what would you do if Hilary's Campaign Chairman ended up a convicted felon sentenced to 4 years for conspiracy to defraud the US?.
The Judge sentenced Manafort for the crimes of which he was convicted -- nothing more.
That's the way it has to be. It wasn't espionage or Russia collusion, as the Judge pointed out.
Who Manafort's clents were has to be irrelevant to the Judge, so long as it is not illegal to work for them.

This was as close to a victimless crime as you can get. Manafort's crimes harmed no one. Nobody shot or o.d.'ed
Defraud the US ? -- the IRS just didn't get their cut of the money he made in Ukraine & Russia.
Not deserving of a life sentence for a sick old man who's spent the last 9 mos in solitairy for nonviolent white collar crimes.

In Ukraine, he was working for the elected leader of the country.
The US was supporting the revolutionaries who were trying to overthrow him.

He'd be in the clear if he had registered under FARA & paid taxes on the money he made working for dictators & mass murders.
The IRS would be pleased to accept the blood money.

What would I do if the HRC Campaign Chairman was a convicted felon ? Nothing. There's nothing I could do about it.
They're going to prison. Justice is served.
Last edited by old salt on Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:28 am, edited 4 times in total.
old salt

Post by old salt »

tech37 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:04 am
old salt wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:14 pm Apparently Judge Ellis was not impressed with Team Mueller's work.

The predictions on MSNBC of the sentence, compared to the reality, is hilarious.

This is a huge blow, probably fatal, to the entire Mueller investigation. Based on this massive slap in the face to Mueller, Trump should seriously consider shutting down the investigation. Politically, I think this is his best chance to go on the offensive. Arguably the biggest piece of the collusion puzzle just got a slap on the wrist for a bunch of non election-related garbage. I'm afraid Mueller's spectacular career is about to end with a big thud. This is all terrible and disappointing. Mueller needs to shut it down and let the country move on. It's over.
This is sarcasm, right?
I'm betting yes. Still waiting for the big enchilada indictment. The DC Judge will make it right.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:10 am
holmes435 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:43 am Wow, this is just sad.

The Judge sentenced Manafort for the crimes of which he was convicted -- nothing more.
That's the way it has to be. It wasn't espionage or Russia collusion, as the Judge pointed out.
Who Manafort's clents were has to be irrelevant to the Judge, so long as it is not illegal to work for them.

This was as close to a victimless crime as you can get. Manafort's crimes harmed no one. Nobody shot or o.d.'ed
Defraud the US ? -- the IRS just didn't get their cut of the money he made in Ukraine & Russia.
Not deserving of a life sentence for a sick old man who's spent the last 9 mos in solitairy for nonviolent white collar crimes.

In Ukraine, he was working for the elected leader of the country.
The US was supporting the revolutionaries who were trying to overthrow him.

He'd be in the clear if he had registered under FARA & paid taxes on the money he made working for dictators & mass murders.
The IRS would be pleased to accept the blood money.

What would I do if the HRC Campaign Chairman was a convicted felon ? Nothing. There's nothing I could do about it.
They're going to prison. Justice is served.
https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... CIAL_CRIME
“I wish you would!”
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Well......the answer to you linked article question is: NONE. None consequences.

looks like the focus will have to be on tRumps tax returns.

Fake tan, fake man, fake billionaire. Prove it donald?
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

The guy that ran the COOO's successful campaign has been sentenced. Judges have discretion when sentencing the guilty. :o

Let me state that Rudy was not the campaign manager's attorney. Rather a person who attended a law school, passed a bar exam and was the attorney of record for Trump's campaign manager, achieved an interesting result. He proudly told the press his client's sentence proved "there was absolutely no evidence that his client was involved with any collusion with any government official from Russia".

IMHO, this attorney can and should crow about getting his client what some may consider a light sentence. Bravo. An excellent marketing/branding opportunity.

But I believe it's a bit disingenuous for ANY attorney to take credit WHEN HIS/HER CLIENT was cleared of charges for which said client WAS NOT CHARGED.

A few additional items for which, IMO, the campaign managers' attorney should take credit, even though his client was NOT CHARGED in any of these events.
--- Lincoln's assassination.
--- A parking ticket that was given to Ivor Biggun in Tucumcari N.M. back in 2002.
--- Momo's failure to give timely cancellation notice to Sally Tasalongi for his Girl Scout cookie order.
--- The cancellation of the iconic TV program "Murder She Wrote".
--- The Irish potato famine.
I for one am ecstatic that Trump's C.M. was NOT INVOLVED in, nor colluded with, any person, whether elected or appointed, who was complicit in any of the above.
Last edited by wahoomurf on Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chips O'Toole

Post by Chips O'Toole »

tech37 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:04 am

This is sarcasm, right?
No. It's becoming more and more clear that Mueller has failed to make a convincing case for collusion. A figure who was most certainly central to any collusive activities just walked out of a courtroom with as close to a complete victory as he could have hoped for. A federal judge who has seen behind the curtain more than any of us basically said Mueller was a bully and Manafort didn't do anything that went to the core of Mueller's mandate. The thinking on Manafort had been that he lied and refused to cooperate with Mueller as he had promised -- lied about the key collusive activities at issue -- and that a judge who was aware of that would throw the book at him on the other charges. Apparently that thinking was wrong.

This is looking like a failure of the Mueller investigation, in my mind, because I think the case for collusion is very strong and goes directly to Trump. He's going to get away with it. Like Manafort, he may ultimately face unrelated legal jeopardy after he leaves office, but he stole an election (and obstructed the investigation) and he's going to get away with it. These are bad times.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

This says far more about Ellis than it does Mueller's case. The guy is soft on white collar crime. Like that should surprise anyone. The judiciary is full of his type... perhaps not so blatant as Ellis, but the judiciary is rife. Boys will be boys. :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Chips O'Toole wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:06 amThese are bad times.
True that... looking toward 2020 with what has happened to the D Party, just like 2016, there isn't a reasonable voting choice for us moderates. ;)
Last edited by tech37 on Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
frmanfan

Post by frmanfan »

Manafort was the campaign chairman for exactly three months (May 19 to Aug 19, 2016). Almost four years (or more after next week) in jail for only three months of work, I bet he wishes he had that decision back.
A cold beer and a warm woman is all I need to keep me happy. Sometimes a cold beer is enough...
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Manafort found guilty and sentenced to 47 months in prison, at his first sentencing.

"Former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort on Thursday was sentenced to 47 months in prison after a federal jury in Virginia convicted him on eight counts of bank and tax fraud last year."

GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY!

As much as r's hate the facts; the system works and a criminal is going to jail.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

frmanfan wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:39 am Manafort was the campaign chairman for exactly three months (May 19 to Aug 19, 2016). Almost four years (or more after next week) in jail for only three months of work, I bet he wishes he had that decision back.
TRUE. Manafort was the Chairman of Trump's presidential campaign.No doubt about it.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

CU88 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:59 am Manafort found guilty and sentenced to 47 months in prison, at his first sentencing.

"Former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort on Thursday was sentenced to 47 months in prison after a federal jury in Virginia convicted him on eight counts of bank and tax fraud last year."

GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY!

As much as r's hate the facts; the system works and a criminal is going to jail.
I eagerly await the comments from the FLHS. :roll:

"They'll be dancing in the street".
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
a fan

Post by a fan »

Buffalo bagels.

If that were remotely true, why isn't the "Deep State" in jail.

Or Hillary. Or Obama. Or Trump. Or McConnell. Or Rush. Or Hannity. Or Maddow.

Utter nonsense.

A better adage is: "do you have any idea as to how many you many laws you have to break in order to go to jail as a rich white American?"

Put THAT one on the wall.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:00 am Show me the man, I'll show you the crime....still holds true.
Especially if they actually committed crimes....this isn't about someone getting railroaded or framed. He actually is guilty of felonies.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:29 am A better adage is: "do you have any idea as to how many you many laws you have to break in order to go to jail as a rich white American?"
Curious, why did you bring race into the discussion?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
a fan

Post by a fan »

Ever been in a criminal courtroom? Or a jail? Or seen the stats?

Had one of our cooks in Ann Arbor running through the criminal justice system. Ann Arbor, MI is as white as white gets.

And yet the jail and courtroom was filled with minorities and their families. Coincidence, I'm sure.

Do you think "driving while black" is made up?

Here's one from right down the road in "liberal" Boulder last week. Man had the unmitigated gall to pick up trash in front of his home. Now we can't have that, can we?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... bbab5f7f57

Return to “POLITICS”