D1 Womens Lacrosse
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: Womens USA team Who you got?

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Brownlax wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:41 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:30 pm
Bart wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:15 pm
Lax247 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:29 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:42 am These “official” jerseys are now on sale. One might conclude that Charlotte North made the final cut for the US National Team but I could be wrong.

https://twitter.com/usawlax/status/1460 ... 35431?s=10

Suprised about a few that are missing…suprised about some that are coming…thoughts ?
I'm fairly certain this will go over like a lead balloon but here goes anyhow. Why would a college coach be good with his or her star players leaving their college team to participate in an event like this? For the college coach I see absolutely no benefit and a huge potential for disaster. It is bad enough when a kid goes down with an injury during a team event but this one is totally avoidable. It is not like these scrimmages are going to be a tame event. It just does not seem to make much sense to me.
I agree 100%.
Injuries can occur at any time but why tempt fate?
Why tempt fate? Because your players have the opportunity to represent their country and wear the Red, White and Blue. Injuries can happen anywhere and at any time. These players go hard in practices just as well as games. This is a huge opportunity that no player would want to pass up and what coach would not allow their players to chase their dreams of being on USA!!
You make good points but I think I’d rather the sport figure out another way. They could certainly field a formidable team of retired players without tapping those who are still matriculating.
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

You make good points but I think I’d rather the sport figure out another way. They could certainly field a formidable team of retired players without tapping those who are still matriculating.
The coaching staff's job is to put the best team on the field that they can regardless of whether they are still playing in college or not.
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

From the BC Women's Lacrosse Instagram page yesterday:

Charlotte, Sam, Kenzie and Dempsey have been selected to represent @usa_wlax at the IWLCA President’s Cup this weekend 🙌🇺🇸
https://www.instagram.com/p/CWT_NEBLctQ/
OuttaNowhereWregget

Brownlax wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:25 pm
The coaching staff's job is to put the best team on the field that they can regardless of whether they are still playing in college or not.
What if the rules were changed and the coaches could pick only retired players?
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:28 pm
And why would they change the rules? The goal is to pick the BEST team period.
TNLAX

Post by TNLAX »

Brownlax wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:01 pm

I am sorry, but they don't always put the best players on the team. There are a lot of politics that go into selecting national teams for all their events.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Brownlax wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:01 pm
To protect those who are still in college from injury.
Last edited by OuttaNowhereWregget on Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bart

Post by Bart »

That would be true........of both staffs. Playing in this game has to potential to really have a damper on one of those staffs for this year.

That being said, imo this game has zero determination on who will ultimately play for the red, white and blue. Out of all the college stars on this list, there will be 1 on the team....with an outside chance of two. The rest? I do not see it.

I'm going to be a complete troglodyte here but I think the team you are currently on matters. Matters a whole lot. If you are a star, there are 45 other people who are depending on you being there. It may mean you have to chase your dreams after you are finished with that team. I know, ancient thinking. Would it be different if it were my kids? I doubt it.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

Bart wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:06 pm
That would be true........of both staffs. Playing in this game has to potential to really have a damper on one of those staffs for this year.

That being said, imo this game has zero determination on who will ultimately play for the red, white and blue. Out of all the college stars on this list, there will be 1 on the team....with an outside chance of two. The rest? I do not see it.

I'm going to be a complete troglodyte here but I think the team you are currently on matters. Matters a whole lot. If you are a star, there are 45 other people who are depending on you being there. It may mean you have to chase your dreams after you are finished with that team. I know, ancient thinking. Would it be different if it were my kids? I doubt it.
You are a little off.....I can count at least 4 college players who will def be on team: 3 are a lock.
Attack:
North - no one else can crack that top 4 of attackers of KO, KT, and SA, maybe as an alternate possibly EH, Maybe even JO but doubtful
Middie: Mastroiani, possibly Swart
Def: Trenchard
Goalie: Moreno
Bart

Post by Bart »

Laxfan500 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:06 pm
Bart wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:06 pm

You are a little off.....I can count at least 4 college players who will def be on team: 3 are a lock.
Attack:
North - no one else can crack that top 4 of attackers of KO, KT, and SA, maybe as an alternate possibly EH, Maybe even JO but doubtful
Middie: Mastroiani, possibly Swart
Def: Trenchard
Goalie: Moreno
ok. we will see. I keep forgetting about the 5th year do over
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

DMac

Post by DMac »

Wow, that is just so cool, nice event and article indeed.
Wlax sure does a lot of things right, IMO.
glaxer24

Post by glaxer24 »

seacoaster wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:38 pm Nice event, nice article:

https://www.usalaxmagazine.com/usa-insi ... idents-cup
Great event, I was there watching. The atmosphere was electric. Kayla Treanor (whose birthday was also yesterday, might I add) was the star of the show and wowed everyone with her stickwork and shots. It was a fast, aggressive, slick game. I really enjoyed it.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

glaxer24 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:38 pm
seacoaster wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:38 pm Nice event, nice article:

https://www.usalaxmagazine.com/usa-insi ... idents-cup

From Laxfan:

I know that eventually you’re going to make a team of 18 but you haven’t had final cuts yet and to me I thought it was kind of poor taste to have a white game (starters) against the blue (second string) because it wasn’t even fair and it wasn’t really competitive and I think - I don’t know - I just feel really bad for the other girls I think it would’ve been a lot more enjoyable to mix the teams and have it be like more competitive. At this point that team is 95% decided so to keep dragging out this process basically so that the starters have someone to play against doesn’t sit well with me. I feel bad for the other girls . Cut them already and take 18 kids and play against each other at this point.
glaxer24

Post by glaxer24 »

Laxfan500:

I can’t disagree with what you said about it not being fair; the end score was 20-6 so it was pretty clear which team was better. I get where you’re coming from on dragging out the process but honestly I’m sure most players know where they stand & if they will make the final cut or not. Doing it this way allows more players to USA across their chest (obviously a huge honor for anyone) as well as gain experience with the best of the best which I don’t think is a bad thing (i.e. it makes college & Athletes Unlimited players more experienced). Just my 2¢
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

glaxer24 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:59 pm Laxfan500:

I can’t disagree with what you said about it not being fair; the end score was 20-6 so it was pretty clear which team was better. I get where you’re coming from on dragging out the process but honestly I’m sure most players know where they stand & if they will make the final cut or not. Doing it this way allows more players to USA across their chest (obviously a huge honor for anyone) as well as gain experience with the best of the best which I don’t think is a bad thing (i.e. it makes college & Athletes Unlimited players more experienced). Just my 2¢
Yea but these same players still have USA across their chest - My feeling is - why not just mix the teams up ? The “stars” will still shine. The game would have been just as enjoyable . What benefit do you have in a beat down?
glaxer24

Post by glaxer24 »

Laxfan500 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:06 pm
glaxer24 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:59 pm Laxfan500:

Yea but these same players still have USA across their chest - My feeling is - why not just mix the teams up ? The “stars” will still shine. The game would have been just as enjoyable . What benefit do you have in a beat down?
You’re right, no one likes a beat down. They definitely should have mixed the teams. At least we got some pretty plays :D
spartanslynx

Post by spartanslynx »

2022 World Championship roster unveiled

https://www.usalacrosse.com/news-media- ... hip-roster
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

njbill wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:20 am Prepare to be disappointed, Dad. She isn’t going to make the final team. What did Spallina say at the tryouts?
This post on “my daughter” didn’t age well.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Not Team USA but a couple of collegiates who will be playing against their coach.
https://cuse.com/news/2022/2/23/womens- ... nship.aspx

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”