~46~ Lame Duck Unfit Uncle Joe Biden ~46~

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
kramerica.inc

Re: ~46~ Unfit Uncle Joe Biden ~46~

Post by kramerica.inc »

a fan wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:00 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:37 pm First you start at home, with what you can control:
Trump bought all that cheap oil- Tap strategic oil reserves to make gas cheaper.
Reverse any federal vaccine mandates for non-contact truckers.
Ask my head of transportation to not take any time off until this mess is fixed.
Ok. Tap the reserves. That has nothing to do with the supply chain.

Vacccine mandates aren't the problem, but ok.

Pretty sure he's on #3.

All reasonable suggestions, Kram.
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:37 pm Remind and encourage state governors that they can use the national guard to expedite the backlog at docks/ports etc.
Bring in the DoD and use in-place contract vehicles to help with transportation/logistics.
So....Federalize? Isn't this what your team has been fighting against for the last 20 years?

Logistics experts doubt that would help. But ok. Do that, too.

You know, if you'll recall I made similar suggestions multiple times during Trump's tenure on things like Trump's fake Trade War with China.

Know what response I got from teamTrump on the Forum? TDS. Or "be patient". I'm guessing you wouldn't like it much if I gave you that response, right?

These are all reasonable ideas, Kram. Thank you.
I do remember your suggestions - It's where I got half of mine!

;) :lol:

I just added the reserves because the gas prices have a small part in the rising prices of goods.
I'm not suggesting federalization. I'm suggesting an encouragement of the states (governors) to act. In addition to calling the National Guard, how about incentivising states to help out with the supply logjam just the way they are incentivising state and private schools for say, covid and vaccine reporting and studies? Grants can be used similarly.
And another I must have written in my brain but forgotten to include- use the DoD to help the backlog, via private businesses with in-place contract vehicles. We did it for PPE. DO it for logistics and transportation help now. Private business is often used to act quickly or more nimbly than the .gov can. This is a case where that could help.
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:57 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:37 pm First you start at home, with what you can control:
Trump bought all that cheap oil- Tap strategic oil reserves to make gas cheaper.
Ask my head of transportation to not take any time off until this mess is fixed.

Pretty sure he's on #3.

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:37 pm Remind and encourage state governors that they can use the national guard to expedite the backlog at docks/ports etc.
Bring in the DoD and use in-place contract vehicles to help with transportation/logistics.
So....Federalize? Isn't this what your team has been fighting against for the last 20 years?

You know, if you'll recall I made similar suggestions multiple times during Trump's tenure on things like Trump's fake Trade War with China.

Know what response I got from teamTrump on the Forum? TDS. Or "be patient". I'm guessing you wouldn't like it much if I gave you that response, right?

I just added the reserves because the gas prices have a small part in the rising prices of goods.
I'm not suggesting federalization. I'm suggesting an encouragement of the states (governors) to act. In addition to calling the National Guard, how about incentivising states to help out with the supply logjam just the way they are incentivising state and private schools for say, covid and vaccine reporting and studies? Grants can be used similarly. And another I must have written in my brain but forgotten to include- use the DoD to help the backlog, via private businesses with in-place contract vehicles. We did it for PPE. DO it for logistics and transportation help now. Private business is often used to act quickly or more nimbly than the .gov can. This is a case where that could help.
All fine ideas by me. Let's see what Biden does in the next few weeks. He's already done some work----moved to 24 hour operation in some ports, negotiating with Unions to do it, etc.

To refresh your memory, I don't like Biden. But my point is: clearly he's not just sitting around....he is working on it. Credit where credit is due. Hopefully 60min follows up on a piece as to whether or not the Fed aid was successful, because it will be impossible to tell looking at it from the outside.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Pretty sure he's on #3.

I'm not suggesting federalization. I'm suggesting an encouragement of the states (governors) to act. In addition to calling the National Guard, how about incentivising states to help out with the supply logjam just the way they are incentivising state and private schools for say, covid and vaccine reporting and studies? Grants can be used similarly.
And another I must have written in my brain but forgotten to include- use the DoD to help the backlog, via private businesses with in-place contract vehicles. We did it for PPE. DO it for logistics and transportation help now. Private business is often used to act quickly or more nimbly than the .gov can. This is a case where that could help.
https://sloanreview.mit.edu/article/wha ... crisis/amp

https://www.accenture.com/us-en/insight ... disruption
“I wish you would!”
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:02 pm

Pretty sure he's on #3.

Yes, I agree that using more commercial logistics experts to fix the issue is the answer. Thus going the DoD route. Lets be honest TACOM can't handle their strategic reserves. The gov has shown repeatedly they cant handle/manage inventory and supply chain. They are simply too big, slow, and bloated.
Typical Lax Dad

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:11 am

Pretty sure he's on #3.

Yes, I agree that using more commercial logistics experts to fix the issue is the answer. Thus going the DoD route. Lets be honest TACOM can't handle their strategic reserves. The gov has shown repeatedly they cant handle/manage inventory and supply chain. They are simply too big, slow, and bloated.
More trough feeding with US Government contracts. Its a global issue that is being addressed with global solutions.
“I wish you would!”
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

unlike tRump, "unfit" Biden delivers:

https://2qibqm39xjt6q46gf1rwo2g1-wpengi ... 24x732.jpg
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

If only that were true.....please tell me which one of those on that list is shovel ready in the next 2-3years, much less year 1
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Turning the Titanic took a bit longer than anticipated too, didn't it?

Hopefully this ("democrats delivers") turn will miss the Republican Iceberg completely. We can only hope...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:27 am If only that were true.....please tell me which one of those on that list is shovel ready in the next 2-3years, much less year 1
https://metroairportnews.com/vintage-airport-made-anew/

https://abc7ny.com/amp/laguardia-airpor ... /10669661/

https://cee.engr.uconn.edu/uconn-bridge ... llars.html
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:27 am If only that were true.....please tell me which one of those on that list is shovel ready in the next 2-3years, much less year 1
I happened to be on a call two days ago with a large, international engineering firm looking for minority suppliers and subs for work of all sorts, but specifically focused on DC Water.

DC, like many cities, has an enormous lead pipe issue. If one has followed this at all, it's quite horrifying to learn that there's a very, very significant negative impact to children's brain development, lifelong, irreversible impact, due to lead exposure, whether paint or through water systems. These days, water is the largest ongoing source of the problem.

When we look holistically at generations of impact of the legacy of ghettoization of the poor (often, but not always, due to racial redlining practices, both government sanctioned and later de facto racial practices) and where the lead pipes remain, it's all too clear the very real handicaps we've been placing on poor children.

Some of the contracts are already underway, but there's a huge backlog of planned projects that have lacked funding. These will now move much faster, first with engineering work and then breaking ground. Yes, many of those will break ground in the next two years.

The same sorts of projects exist in most major American cities and lots of smaller as well.

Broadband access projects will also get moving that had been planned, but not funded.

Rural hospitals...the list of projects in the pipeline is long.

That said, this is a 10 year bill and isn't being sold as an immediate economic stimulus package to get us out of a recession is it?
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

That face when someone unironically complains that an infrastructure bill wasn't passed 2-3 years ago...
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:17 am

Pretty sure he's on #3.

More trough feeding with US Government contracts. Its a global issue that is being addressed with global solutions.
Such as?
So whenever the .gov decides to spend money its all trough feeding?
What are your thoughts on the infrastructure bill?
What about small business set asides?
Typical Lax Dad

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:39 am

Pretty sure he's on #3.

Such as?
Not always. Anyway, had a long discussion on this topic yesterday. The links were fresh as I had recently had to bone up.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

https://www.forbes.com/sites/garthfries ... 5dd76b2046

A 4PL that I know was working on this model years ago. Got bought by private equity. The service is anticipated to have more value than running their actual logistics accounts.
“I wish you would!”
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:42 am

Pretty sure he's on #3.

Such as?
Not always. Anyway, had a long discussion on this topic yesterday. The links were fresh as I had recently had to bone up.
I'm just not sure what you're saying. You're all over the place.

You seemed to scoff at a US Government contracts solution using private companies, but linked to private companies providing their own unique logistics solutions.

You noted that the issue is global, being addressed by global solutions but posted a Forbes story that says logistics providers are leaning toward domestic and regional supply chain style solutions.

Just not following, is all.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:37 am
That face when someone unironically complains that an infrastructure bill wasn't passed 2-3 years ago...
:D
Typical Lax Dad

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:26 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:42 am

Pretty sure he's on #3.

Such as?
I'm just not sure what you're saying. You're all over the place.

You seemed to scoff at a US Government contracts solution using private companies, but linked to private companies providing their own unique logistics solutions.

You noted that the issue is global, being addressed by global solutions but posted a Forbes story that says logistics providers are leaning toward domestic and regional supply chain style solutions.

Just not following, is all.
I thought I said not always?
“I wish you would!”
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:44 am
He didn’t complain that it wasn’t passed 2-4 years ago, he’s saying that it will not be “delivered” now or anytime soon as the cartoon and the poster wrongly boasts.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:03 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:44 am
He didn’t complain that it wasn’t passed 2-4 years ago, he’s saying that it will not be “delivered” now or anytime soon as the cartoon and the poster wrongly boasts.
Reading comprehension is only a word they like to throw around. The Bobbsy twins strike again. ;)
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard

Return to “POLITICS”