Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
foreverlax

Re: The Mueller Investigation

Post by foreverlax »

old salt wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:45 pm Or the Obama Admin just declined to address it, as the Trump Admin is doing.
Maybe Paul Ryan decided it wasn't worth pursuing further since Obama was leaving office.

Which of the Podesta emails released by wiki-leaks were claimed to be false or edited, or debunked ?
You can be certain Double J would have been all over it...for sure.
old salt

Post by old salt »

foreverlax wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:04 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:45 pm Or the Obama Admin just declined to address it, as the Trump Admin is doing.
Maybe Paul Ryan decided it wasn't worth pursuing further since Obama was leaving office.

Which of the Podesta emails released by wiki-leaks were claimed to be false or edited, or debunked ?
You can be certain Double J would have been all over it...for sure.
Not necessarily. Look at the timing & content of the email.
https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/11883
It was 10-29-08, just before Obama won his first election. It was for the interim security clearances of the transition team, in case Obama won.
The wikileak dump wasn't until 8 yrs later. It was buried. The Congressmen raised it in Jan '17, when it was brought to their attention, during the Trump transition. Why make a further issue of it ? Obama was on his way out of govt. Rhodes was organizing the resistance.

You give the GRU too much credit if you think they'd go back 8 yrs & dummy up an Obama campaign email that could be so easily verified.
Read the email. To edit in Rhodes, you'd have to entirely rewrite the email.

That initial screening for an interim clearance is just a screening of law enforcement data bases. It's not a FBI full field investigation.
I suspect that Rhodes eventually got his clearance & the reason for the delay was not divulged to the Congressmen.
We don't know if the FBI subsequently cleared him, or if Obama overrode their recommendation. We'll likely never know.
That's the way it should work, for privacy reasons. Had the FBI found something worthy of investigation, they would have investigated.
Congressional opponents just didn't have anything further to hype into a scandal, ..like they're doing now.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

old salt wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:46 pm Look at the timing & content of the email.
It was 10-29-08, just before Obama won his first election. It was for the interim security clearances of the transition team, in case Obama won.
The wikileak dump wasn't until 8 yrs later. It was buried. The Congressmen raised it in Jan '17, when it was brought to their attention, during the Trump transition. Why make a further issue of it ? Obama was on his way out of govt. Rhodes was organizing the resistance.
Then why raise it in the first place, if they're just going to drop it?
old salt wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:46 pmYou give the GRU too much credit if you think they'd go back 8 yrs & dummy up an Obama campaign email that could be so easily verified.
How do you know what they would or would not do? The only thing we know for sure is that these documents passed through their hands before they got to us.
old salt wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:46 pmThat initial screening for an interim clearance is just a screening of law enforcement data bases. It's not a FBI full field investigation.
I suspect that Rhodes eventually got his clearance & the reason for the delay was not divulged to the Congressmen.
We don't know if the FBI subsequently cleared him, or if Obama overrode their recommendation. We'll likely never know.
That's the way it should work, for privacy reasons. Had the FBI found something worthy of investigation, they would have investigated.
Congressional opponents just didn't have anything further to hype into a scandal, ..like they're doing now.
No hype, just investigation. According to what you just wrote, you're in favor of the FBI investigating the executive branch when they find "something worthy of investigation".
old salt

Post by old salt »

CU77 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:34 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:46 pm Look at the timing & content of the email.
Maybe they got a verbal answer & it wasn't the one they were looking for.
old salt wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:46 pmYou give the GRU too much credit if you think they'd go back 8 yrs & dummy up an Obama campaign email that could be so easily verified.
How do you know what they would or would not do? The only thing we know for sure is that these documents passed through their hands before they got to us.
Again. Look at the email. How many thousands of emails do you think it was buried under. You think that Podesta or the DNC wouldn't have made it an issue if it was altered or disinformation. How many of the wikileak emails did they claim were altered or disinformarion ?
old salt wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:46 pmThat initial screening for an interim clearance is just a screening of law enforcement data bases. It's not a FBI full field investigation.
No hype, just investigation. According to what you just wrote, you're in favor of the FBI investigating the executive branch when they find "something worthy of investigation".The FBI investigates everyone for a security clearance. When they find something questionable, they investigate further. I'm confident that Kushner has been thoroughly investigated.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

But the CIA won’t tell Jared stuff? How is that okay?

Trump’s at 9000 lies and the rate is accelerating.
Make America Confused. Mission Accomplished.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Now, with the testimony from Cohen, we start to see the slow spin from O D camp on pardon discussions.

"It was them asking, not us offering..." and no more details, "...citing attorney-client privilege."

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/06/us/p ... rdons.html
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Trinity wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:24 am But the CIA won’t tell Jared stuff? How is that okay?

Trump’s at 9000 lies and the rate is accelerating.
Make America Confused. Mission Accomplished.
and when Obama, "skillfully" allowed TARP welfare queens get MUCH bigger bonuses ....than allowed by law....yeah, we with HOPE got real confused too.

But, it took less than six months to realize, that ...alas.....he is just the same. they all are. SO done with you all as well. Same rants, for years, my side, your side. Meanwhile 60 % of voters shake their head in disgust and wonder what they can do about it all................
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:23 am
Again. Look at the email. How many thousands of emails do you think it was buried under. You think that Podesta or the DNC wouldn't have made it an issue if it was altered or disinformation. How many of the wikileak emails did they claim were altered or disinformarion ?
No hype, just investigation. According to what you just wrote, you're in favor of the FBI investigating the executive branch when they find "something worthy of investigation".The FBI investigates everyone for a security clearance. When they find something questionable, they investigate further. I'm confident that Kushner has been thoroughly investigated.
I must not be understanding this. After investigating him, was Kushner rejected for TS clearance or not?
If I understand correctly, he was turned down. And McGahn and Kelly both agreed with that assessment.

And Trump overruled the investigators. Ordered the issuance. Over their objections.

This speculation about Obama having overruled on someone else sounds like a lot of BS, given that so many of those in a position to know about these things say that they've never heard of ANY prior President getting involved this way. Are they all lying about that?

What am I missing from the Trumpist/Fox fever swamp?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:23 am
I must not be understanding this. After investigating him, was Kushner rejected for TS clearance or not?
If I understand correctly, he was turned down. And McGahn and Kelly both agreed with that assessment.

And Trump overruled the investigators. Ordered the issuance. Over their objections.

This speculation about Obama having overruled on someone else sounds like a lot of BS, given that so many of those in a position to know about these things say that they've never heard of ANY prior President getting involved this way. Are they all lying about that?

R. Kelly's defense is also that "they all lyin'"
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:23 am

How do you know what Trump did ? Did any of the reporters you based that on see any documents ?
We don't know the exact facts on either Kushner or Rhodes, what clearances they actually had, what was declined & why.
We know that both, at some point in the process, had something in their record that gave the FBI pause.
The only documentary evidence we have is the email to Podesta about Rhodes.
The evidence we have on Kusher is all leaked hearsay from unnamed sources.
The NYT reporter who broke the latest iteration of the story admits she didn't see Kelly's memo & can't say whether or not Kelly expressed his disapproval of the Pres ordering that Kushner receive a TS. Yet the tv talking heads are frothing that Trump acted contrary to the advice of Kelly & McGahn. We know very little about either, but look at the level of breathless speculation about Kushner vs Rhodes.
It wouldn't be the first time the NYT overplayed a story, based on unnamed sources.
Kelly's talking, but not saying much.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

For someone not saying much, this says a lot
“If Hillary Clinton had called me, I would have done it,” Kelly said.

he said was “the least enjoyable job I’ve ever had.”

“We don’t need a wall from sea to shining sea.....was a “waste of money.”

“They’re overwhelmingly not criminals — they’re people coming up here for economic”

deploying U.S. troops....“Generally speaking I would always look for another way to do it,” Kelly said.

Trump’s executive order establishing a travel ban....The White House staff “got a little bit maybe out in front of their skis,” he said.

The issuance of the zero-tolerance policy for border crossings....“came as a surprise” to him and to other officials,

about the advice he gave his successor, Mick Mulvaney....“Run for it,” Mr. Kelly said,
Sounds like he had fun :shock:
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

THE INEFFABLE BOILING FROG OF TRUMP SCANDAL

"I raise this not to criticize, but instead to observe that we’re at a point where journalists are struggling to communicate the full scale of Trump’s corruption, even just that corruption tied exclusively to the Russian investigation. That’s partly been a result of his media approach, treating each day as a new opportunity to replace yesterday’s spectacle with a new one. It’s partly because of the boiling frog effect: we’ve had piecemeal disclosures over two years, and few journalists have taken stock along the way to see what the actual court evidentiary record amounts to. And even there, we often forget to add in the truly breathtaking corruption of Administration aides like Scott Pruitt or Ryan Zinke, or of current Secretary of Commerce Wilbur Ross.

I’ve been thinking about this a lot of late — I don’t pretend to be able to get my brain around anything beyond the Russian investigation, to the extent even that is doable. It seems that we need to start trying to quantify this not in terms of names or actions but instead in terms of harm to the nation.

Just as one example, even the judges in the Russian investigation have — across the board — seen Trump’s flunkies to be selling out the interest of the United States, perhaps for Trump personally, perhaps for self-dealing, perhaps for foreign associates. Whatever crimes (or not) Trump committed, because he and his flunkies refuse to put the interest of the country first, it has consequences for Americans, including the constituents of members of Congress who want to ignore all this corruption."

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

I wonder if any on the FLHS or any other FL poster will ever put up a post without mentioning either President Obama or Secretary Clinton. Common knowledge that Trump is jealous of Citizen Obama. I can sorta ;) understand why the LFHS would defend Trump. But for non-members, to get swept in the same old, same old "whataboutistic" whining, is sad...IMHO.
old salt

Post by old salt »

The Rhodes case is not whataboutism. It demonstrates how the MSM can either ignore an issue (Rhodes) or hype unconfirmed hearsay (Kushner) into a BREAKING NEWS BOMBSHELL

Neither is worthy of coverage unless/until the FBI or the IC IG raise it as an issue.
If Congress has suspicions, they should make a classified request/inquiry to those 2 agencies, before hyping it in the media.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Apparently Judge Ellis was not impressed with Team Mueller's work.

The predictions on MSNBC of the sentence, compared to the reality, is hilarious.

Nasty Natasha B looks like she's going to cry.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

~4 years in prison. He's a convicted felon. Let that sink in. Trump's campaign chairman is a convicted felon. Judge's history is interesting to note in the lenient sentencing, especially regarding the stonewalling of Obama appointees and Trump's flooding the courts with heavily biased judges.

Either way, even if my opinion on that is incorrect how many people did Trump hire who are now felons?

Imagine the stuff hitting the fan if Hilary hired multiple people who were later found guilty of conspiracy to defraud the United States. There would be pandemonium. In Trump-world, it's just another Thursday.
Chips O'Toole

Post by Chips O'Toole »

old salt wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:14 pm Apparently Judge Ellis was not impressed with Team Mueller's work.

The predictions on MSNBC of the sentence, compared to the reality, is hilarious.

Nasty Natasha B looks like she's going to cry.
This is a huge blow, probably fatal, to the entire Mueller investigation. Based on this massive slap in the face to Mueller, Trump should seriously consider shutting down the investigation. Politically, I think this is his best chance to go on the offensive. Arguably the biggest piece of the collusion puzzle just got a slap on the wrist for a bunch of non election-related garbage. I'm afraid Mueller's spectacular career is about to end with a big thud. This is all terrible and disappointing. Mueller needs to shut it down and let the country move on. It's over.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Nothing is over until we decide it is.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

So the crown jewel of the Mueller investigation (so far) got just under 4 years.

But at least “he’s a felon...now.”

:?
old salt

Post by old salt »

I bet Mike Flynn wishes he had Judge Ellis rather than Judge Sullivan.

Can't shut it down yet. Gotta torture Mike Flynn & Roger Stone a bit longer.

Return to “POLITICS”