All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

ggait

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by ggait »

Oh, Florida?

“Which U.S. state has the lowest COVID-19 rate right now?
Let me fix it for ya:

Florida. The state with the highest Covid deaths per million since July 1, 2020.

Actually that might not be right. Alabama or Texas or Louisiana might be number 1. But all the mouth breather states are way worse than the commie pinko states like NY, NJ, IL, etc.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:07 pm
Brooklyn wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:02 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:52 am

What's the story?

Florida's had a Covid death rate 80% higher than Minnesota over 20 month period since the pandemic started. Right now, I'm happy to be in Florida given that they had a big 'burn' recently and numbers are currently very low, and certainly Minnesota is going to be in a tough period this winter, but I'd certainly have rather had the leadership of Minnesota's Governor than Florida's over these past 20 months...both have GOP legislatures. In Florida that reinforced stupid decision making by the Governor, in Minnesota that fought good decision making by their Governor.

https://www.miamiherald.com/opinion/op- ... 69526.html

DeSantis’ COVID record is terrible. Lawmakers should remember that at special session | Opinion

Under DeSantis, Florida is among the nation’s and world’s leaders in COVID sickness and death.

So how has Florida fared under DeSantis? Well, measuring from the beginning of the pandemic to the present, Florida’s infection rate was 14th worst and our death rate was eighth worst of the 50 states. The more than 60,000 people who died in Florida represent 281 dead per 100,000 residents. To put it in perspective, if Florida were its own nation (and it’s bigger than most), it would have the 12th worst death rate of the more than 200 countries of the world. So yes, we are better than Bosnia and Mississippi. But nearly every other corner of the globe has had a more effective COVID response.

... If America had Florida’s COVID fatality rate, an additional 171,00 Americans would not be alive to celebrate Thanksgiving this month.

Another thing to consider are the allegations which indicate that Florida has deliberately under reported its casualty counts. The population is four times greater than that of Minnesota (21 million vs 5.5 million). But its covid death count is six times greater (60K vs 9K). Makes you wonder if the gap isn't bigger than reported.
If you are not considered a permanent resident of Florida, you are also not in the count.
well, that would sure miss a lot!
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:21 pm
Brooklyn wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:02 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:52 am

What's the story?

Florida's had a Covid death rate 80% higher than Minnesota over 20 month period since the pandemic started. Right now, I'm happy to be in Florida given that they had a big 'burn' recently and numbers are currently very low, and certainly Minnesota is going to be in a tough period this winter, but I'd certainly have rather had the leadership of Minnesota's Governor than Florida's over these past 20 months...both have GOP legislatures. In Florida that reinforced stupid decision making by the Governor, in Minnesota that fought good decision making by their Governor.

https://www.miamiherald.com/opinion/op- ... 69526.html

DeSantis’ COVID record is terrible. Lawmakers should remember that at special session | Opinion

Under DeSantis, Florida is among the nation’s and world’s leaders in COVID sickness and death.

So how has Florida fared under DeSantis? Well, measuring from the beginning of the pandemic to the present, Florida’s infection rate was 14th worst and our death rate was eighth worst of the 50 states. The more than 60,000 people who died in Florida represent 281 dead per 100,000 residents. To put it in perspective, if Florida were its own nation (and it’s bigger than most), it would have the 12th worst death rate of the more than 200 countries of the world. So yes, we are better than Bosnia and Mississippi. But nearly every other corner of the globe has had a more effective COVID response.

... If America had Florida’s COVID fatality rate, an additional 171,00 Americans would not be alive to celebrate Thanksgiving this month.

Another thing to consider are the allegations which indicate that Florida has deliberately under reported its casualty counts. The population is four times greater than that of Minnesota (21 million vs 5.5 million). But its covid death count is six times greater (60K vs 9K). Makes you wonder if the gap isn't bigger than reported.
If you are not considered a permanent resident of Florida, you are also not in the count.
well, that would sure miss a lot!

:roll:

Florida doesn’t break out out of state case counts. Explain away this chart (oh, btw, we continue to test 400k+ per week, in state and out of state), with no mandates.

F53727F8-DF6E-469D-BD4D-B0451C955547.png
F53727F8-DF6E-469D-BD4D-B0451C955547.png (46.66 KiB) Viewed 882 times
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

ggait wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:17 pm
Oh, Florida?

Let me fix it for ya:

Florida. The state with the highest Covid deaths per million since July 1, 2020.

Actually that might not be right. Alabama or Texas or Louisiana might be number 1. But all the mouth breather states are way worse than the commie pinko states like NY, NJ, IL, etc.

#3 state in total population, but 18 states had more reported cases than Florida yesterday. Minnesota highest with nearly 11,000.

Then Michigan, 8,560.

Then Pennsylvania. And so on.

Florida: 1,504. Most, again, as always, in our only three Democratic counties.

Seems like it’s safest in those ‘mouth breather’ states that you are frightened by.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

ggait wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:17 pm
Oh, Florida?

Let me fix it for ya:

Vermont most vaxxed state in America, West Virginia the least. Guess which one has the higher case count?

F730D594-1C1B-4D8A-BC11-6064D4C36180.jpeg
F730D594-1C1B-4D8A-BC11-6064D4C36180.jpeg (104.91 KiB) Viewed 876 times
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

363 new deaths last week in Florida: https://www.tampabay.com/news/health/20 ... past-week/

We had 46 in the same week here in Lake Wobegone. That means they had EIGHT times more deaths than we did. Imagine if all Florida deaths were included in that figure.

How anyone can go around gloating (like Petey is doing) over Florida's alleged "success" in mitigating this dreaded disease is beyond me.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
ggait

Post by ggait »

Is UF the worst university in the world?

Getting Covid is not so bad if it doesn't lead to serious sickness or death.

FL is one of the worst places in the US for DYING from Covid once we got past the initial shock/awe of the initial wave. Complete FUBAR and the numbers prove it..

And Petey declares victory and mission accomplished because, having let the forest fire rage and kill people for the last 18 months, FL today now has low case counts.

Mostly because there's hardly any trees left to burn.

What a forking moron.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Brooklyn wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:44 pm

363 new deaths last week in Florida: https://www.tampabay.com/news/health/20 ... past-week/

We had 46 in the same week here in Lake Wobegone. That means they had EIGHT times more deaths than we did. Imagine if all Florida deaths were included in that figure.

How anyone can go around gloating (like Petey is doing) over Florida's alleged "success" in mitigating this dreaded disease is beyond me.

Not gloating.

Simply rebalancing the previous narrative that Desantis was fully responsible for the august surge.
Bart

Post by Bart »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:57 pm They already put all their eggs in the Pfizer basket, but they need to push the Moderna.
Better staying power.
Huh?
What are you getting at here?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:47 am
youthathletics wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:33 am
jhu72 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:23 am ... anyone with half a brain knows it corelates with temperature outdoors. Look at the maps plotting case rates per capita. Nice weather moves people outdoors and infection rates drop. :roll:
Are you calling MDLaxfan a halfbrain? ;) :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=66&t=1687&p=300425&hilit=neat#p300425
:lol:

I'm clear in that post that weather plays a role in when the "dry tinder" gets exposed. But it's the reality of lots of "dry tinder" that's the issue, not simply a re-balancing solely because of weather.

For instance, Florida's prior spike was in the dead of winter. It was no surprise that Delta raged in Florida this summer, given so many people unmasked, unvaccinated, inside during the summer, but it's the dry tinder that's the issue, not the weather.

Likewise, there remain large pockets of unvaccinated people susceptible throughout the country...add to these the reality that the vaccine efficacy wanes after 6 months and boosters haven't been pushed nearly as much as the initial vaccination...yet we need to get boosted.

And some areas (counties) continue to have lots of mask resistance as well...so, of course there's going to be spread when things get cold and people congregate, including the vax resistors.

And local (State) leadership and policies matter a lot to which areas have high "dry tinder". Florida's State leadership has been particularly awful, though some of the local folks have been trying hard.

But sure, COVID, for at least awhile (years), is going to be endemic, a fact of life to which we need to adjust...meaning getting boosted periodically (unless and until they figure out a longer lasting shot), rapid testing and quick access to easy, safe therapeutics (coming). And we'll need to where masks when in dense, inside situations. Much akin to how Asia did it pre pandemic.
Suuuure, walkin'er back a bit now I see. ;)

The therapeutics are already in high gear. My eldest employee, 60, who was advised to not get the vaccine by his physician early on,,,,has pulmonary issues and been on prednisone for decades, just came down with cv-19 a few weeks ago.....wears a mask EVERYWHERE, has no clue where he got it. Felt like crap for 2-3 days, went to physician, tasted + with rapid, sent to hospital for mAb, had to wait for PCR from hospital, day and half later, had mAb treatment, and still took another 7 days to fell somewhat normal. Horrible metallic taste. Gave it to his wife, she also received the mAb, but after about a week and it took much longer to help...she felt horrible, but was not hospitalized.

According to my associate, the physician at the hospital advised him to get the Moderna in 90 + days, yet when my associate did some research he told me Moderna was not advised for people with pulmonary issues and for the to receive the jnj. Not sure if this is accurate, but certainly made him upset the physician advised incorrectly.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:14 pm

Not gloating.

Simply rebalancing the previous narrative that Desantis was fully responsible for the august surge.
What surge?

I thought Florida did beautifully throughout, clearly a success of policy?

DeSantis is a genius and I have the hots for his hot wife...
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:28 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:47 am
youthathletics wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:33 am
jhu72 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:23 am ... anyone with half a brain knows it corelates with temperature outdoors. Look at the maps plotting case rates per capita. Nice weather moves people outdoors and infection rates drop. :roll:
Are you calling MDLaxfan a halfbrain? ;) :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=66&t=1687&p=300425&hilit=neat#p300425
:lol:

I'm clear in that post that weather plays a role in when the "dry tinder" gets exposed. But it's the reality of lots of "dry tinder" that's the issue, not simply a re-balancing solely because of weather.

For instance, Florida's prior spike was in the dead of winter. It was no surprise that Delta raged in Florida this summer, given so many people unmasked, unvaccinated, inside during the summer, but it's the dry tinder that's the issue, not the weather.

Likewise, there remain large pockets of unvaccinated people susceptible throughout the country...add to these the reality that the vaccine efficacy wanes after 6 months and boosters haven't been pushed nearly as much as the initial vaccination...yet we need to get boosted.

And some areas (counties) continue to have lots of mask resistance as well...so, of course there's going to be spread when things get cold and people congregate, including the vax resistors.

And local (State) leadership and policies matter a lot to which areas have high "dry tinder". Florida's State leadership has been particularly awful, though some of the local folks have been trying hard.

But sure, COVID, for at least awhile (years), is going to be endemic, a fact of life to which we need to adjust...meaning getting boosted periodically (unless and until they figure out a longer lasting shot), rapid testing and quick access to easy, safe therapeutics (coming). And we'll need to where masks when in dense, inside situations. Much akin to how Asia did it pre pandemic.
Suuuure, walkin'er back a bit now I see. ;)

The therapeutics are already in high gear. My eldest employee, 60, who was advised to not get the vaccine by his physician early on,,,,has pulmonary issues and been on prednisone for decades, just came down with cv-19 a few weeks ago.....wears a mask EVERYWHERE, has no clue where he got it. Felt like crap for 2-3 days, went to physician, tasted + with rapid, sent to hospital for mAb, had to wait for PCR from hospital, day and half later, had mAb treatment, and still took another 7 days to fell somewhat normal. Horrible metallic taste. Gave it to his wife, she also received the mAb, but after about a week and it took much longer to help...she felt horrible, but was not hospitalized.

According to my associate, the physician at the hospital advised him to get the Moderna in 90 + days, yet when my associate did some research he told me Moderna was not advised for people with pulmonary issues and for the to receive the jnj. Not sure if this is accurate, but certainly made him upset the physician advised incorrectly.
I dunno about pulmonary and J&J vs Moderna, but I do know what I argued in that post. The implication that I pushed back on was that everything was explainable in Florida according to the weather cycle. The #'s simply don't tell that story.

I did NOT argue that weather doesn't play a factor in when the dry tinder ignites and spreads the fastest.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:30 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:14 pm

Not gloating.

What surge?

I thought Florida did beautifully throughout, clearly a success of policy?

DeSantis is a genius and I have the hots for his hot wife...

When will you learn that this virus is no different than any virus with seasonal attribution, and that no matter how many masks you strap on (they’re ineffective if not useless), no matter how much you want to shut down an economy (this causes far more pain than it reduces spread), and no matter how often you want to scare little children to thinking they’re at risk (they aren’t), your previous thoughts, ideas, and suggestions on Covid have been wildly incorrect?

This ain’t hard. All of liberalism has had Covid wrong since day one. Admitting error requires you to swallow some pride, which may be hard, but acceptance is the first step on the road to recovery.
ggait

Post by ggait »

This ain’t hard. All of liberalism has had Covid wrong since day one. Admitting error requires you to swallow some pride, which may be hard, but acceptance is the first step on the road to recovery.
This ain't hard.

The truth is the exact opposite of what Petey says. Every time. Always.

From July 1, 2020 onward, the states with the worst death tolls per million population are AL, LA, AZ, Ark, FL, GA.

Libs got Covid right. Mouth breathers got it wrong.

And Petey told us to buy GILD stock 19 months ago at $84. Closed today at $67.46.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

ggait wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:46 pm
This ain't hard.

From July 1, 2020 onward, the states with the worst death tolls per million population are AL, LA, AZ, Ark, FL, GA.

And Petey told us to buy GILD stock 19 months ago at $84. Closed today at $67.46.

Colorado guy says what?!?

Colorado’s COVID hospitalizations jump again, on track to exceed 2020 peak

“Colorado’s weekend decline in COVID-19 hospitalizations didn’t last, with nearly 100 more people hospitalized on Wednesday than Monday.

The continued growth in hospitalizations pointed to more loss ahead, even as Colorado crossed 9,000 COVID-19 deaths on Wednesday. Deaths have climbed steadily in recent weeks, with more than 200 reported in the first week of November — the most since the week ending Jan. 3.

“I wish I had better news to report on the hospitalization front,” Scott Bookman, the state’s COVID-19 incident commander, said on a press call Wednesday, before announcing 1,526 people were receiving hospital care for the virus. The last time Colorado saw more people hospitalized with confirmed COVID-19 was Dec. 11.”

https://www.denverpost.com/2021/11/17/c ... outbreaks/

All those masks, all those mandates, for this? Man, you could live in Florida where we never stymied the private sector, never issued mask mandates, never issued vax mandates, and our governor promotes freedom!!! 🇺🇸
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

ggait wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:46 pm
This ain't hard.

Hey, but he's ohh so reliable.

Actually, it's quite amazing.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Colorado guy says our governor is way better than your governor.

2,833 Covid deaths per million in FL (#8). 1,568 in CO (#43).

The main mistake our Gov made over the summer was being too nice to the mouth breathers. He now realizes that you just can't let those selfish losers ruin things for the normal people.

We're only at 70% vax rate, which is just not high enough. So Polis has recently reversed his error, so things will improve here soon.

Want to go to an Avs or Nuggets game? Now you don't get in without a vaccine. Don't like it? Go get your shot. Or just go home and stay home. The rest of us normal people will carry on with our lives. We won't miss you and we're glad you won't be dragging us down any more.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

ggait wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:32 pm
Colorado guy says our governor is way better than your governor.

2,833 Covid deaths per million in FL (#8). 1,568 in CO (#43).

The main mistake our Gov made over the summer was being too nice to the mouth breathers. He now realizes that you just can't let those selfish losers ruin things for the normal people.

We're only at 70% vax rate, which is just not high enough. So Polis has recently reversed his error, so things will improve here soon.

Want to go to an Avs or Nuggets game? Now you don't get in without a vaccine. Don't like it? Go get your shot. Or just go home and stay home. The rest of us normal people will carry on with our lives. We won't miss you and we're glad you won't be dragging us down any more.

It’s wild to see liberals go full fascist in less than two years. You vill be vaccinated, or else! :lol:

(Also, please tell your governor to pay taxes. I know he belches out the standard ‘the rich don’t pay enough in taxes’ line, but if you’re gonna say it, maybe it helps to actually pay taxes as you demand others do? Call me naive…

How’s the First Husband thing working out for Colorado? Marlon is an interesting character. :lol: )
kramerica.inc

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by kramerica.inc »

Bart wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:43 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:57 pm They already put all their eggs in the Pfizer basket, but they need to push the Moderna.
Better staying power.
Huh?
The .gov is pushing pfizer because of the approval.
But it appears the Moderna is better when it comes to actual effectiveness and long-lasting staying power.
There is an efficacy gap.
Research published on Friday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found that the efficacy of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine against hospitalization fell from 91% to 77% after a four-month period following the second shot. The Moderna vaccine showed no decline over the same period
https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-wor ... -the-edge/
Kismet

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by Kismet »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:02 am
Bart wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:43 pm
Better staying power.
Huh?
The .gov is pushing pfizer because of the approval.
But it appears the Moderna is better when it comes to actual effectiveness and long-lasting staying power.
There is an efficacy gap.
Research published on Friday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found that the efficacy of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine against hospitalization fell from 91% to 77% after a four-month period following the second shot. The Moderna vaccine showed no decline over the same period
https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-wor ... -the-edge/
Moderna booster is only 50% volume of each of the first 2 doses also. Unless you are like OS and weaseled a full dose booster before you were eligible for one. ;)
Last edited by Kismet on Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “POLITICS”