Conservative Ideology 2024: NOTHING BUT LIES AND FEARMONGERING

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: Conservative Ideology

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:11 pm ...unable to distinguish between winning an election, and actually governing according to conservative principles.

It's hilarious.
Here we go, into the vortex --
a strong defense (while not squandering it), forcing allies to shoulder their share of mutual defense, protecting domestic manufacturing, ag, industry & extraction, promoting small businesses, law & order, controlled borders, affordable energy independence.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

old salt wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:32 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:11 pm ...unable to distinguish between winning an election, and actually governing according to conservative principles.

It's hilarious.
a strong defense, forcing allies to shoulder their share of mutual defense, protecting domestic manufacturing, ag, industry & extraction, promoting small businesses, law & order, controlled borders, affordable energy independence.
“ law & order, ”

Surely you jest.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:16 pm It’s lunacy to say that when I live in a state where we have the most conservative governor in America who is soon to coast to re-election.
What policies of his are conservative? Outside of Covid emergency stuff.

Did he cut spending? Did he shrink the Florida Government?

Because that's not what I'm seeing, my man. I see Florida breaking the $100 Billion budget line for the first time.

Look at DeSantis' own brag.....looks like big government liberal spending to me, Pete.....how the F is this what you think conservative leadership looks like?

If DeSantis had a D by his name, you'd be freaking out over breaking the $100Billion mark, Pete. Money to "fight sea level rise"? Money to welfare queens with his "funding for services to children and families who receive services through Florida’s child welfare system"

Pete. If this is your idea of conservative leadership, you're gonna REALLY like working with Brooklyn and Disslaxxic here at the Forum!

https://www.flgov.com/2021/06/02/govern ... ds-budget/
CU88

Post by CU88 »

a fan wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:34 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:16 pm It’s lunacy to say that when I live in a state where we have the most conservative governor in America who is soon to coast to re-election.

Because that's not what I'm seeing, my man. I see Florida breaking the $100 Billion budget line for the first time.

Look at DeSantis' own brag.....looks like big government liberal spending to me, Pete.....how the F is this what you think conservative leadership looks like?

If DeSantis had a D by his name, you'd be freaking out over breaking the $100Billion mark, Pete. Money to "fight sea level rise"? Money to welfare queens with his "funding for services to children and families who receive services through Florida’s child welfare system"

Pete. If this is your idea of conservative leadership, you're gonna REALLY like working with Brooklyn and Disslaxxic here at the Forum!

We all know that he will never directly respond to you.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
a fan

Post by a fan »

It's hilarious.
a strong defense (while not squandering it), forcing allies to shoulder their share of mutual defense, protecting domestic manufacturing, ag, industry & extraction, promoting small businesses, law & order, controlled borders, affordable energy independence.
Every one of these things can apply to corporate Dem policies, OS. Obama handled every one of these no differently than Trump plus or minus a negligible difference, OS, when it came to ACTUAL policy, instead of BS campaign speeches that mean nothing.

"forcing allies to shoulder their share...." where did you come up with that one? That has NEVER been a Conservative principle.

Conservative governance means: Small government. Fiscal responsibility. State over Federal. Laissez faire over regulations. That's it. Nice and neat. Simple as all get out. You've been hearing it since you were a kid.

BTW, Conservative America ceded the "law and order" mantra during and after the pandemic. What the law is no longer matters to your team....following laws is now for "sheep" according to Pete and his like. You've given ground to hippies in your camp......"F the man" was NEVER a conservative principle, OS. It is now.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:02 pm

It's hilarious.
Every one of these things can apply to corporate Dem policies, OS. Obama handled every one of these no differently than Trump plus or minus a negligible difference, OS, when it came to ACTUAL policy, instead of BS campaign speeches that mean nothing.

"forcing allies to shoulder their share...." where did you come up with that one? That has NEVER been a Conservative principle.

Conservative governance means: Small government. Fiscal responsibility. State over Federal. Laissez faire over regulations. That's it. Nice and neat. Simple as all get out. You've been hearing it since you were a kid.

BTW, Conservative America ceded the "law and order" mantra during and after the pandemic. What the law is no longer matters to your team....following laws is now for "sheep" according to Pete and his like. You've given ground to hippies in your camp......"F the man" was NEVER a conservative principle, OS. It is now.
No difference between Obama & Trump on defense spending, optional wars, dealing with allies, energy independence, support of police, protectionism vs globalism ? & with Biden on borders ? okie dokie. You're too young to remember Barry Goldwater or how much of the burden our allies shared during the Cold War.

https://voxeu.org/content/protectionism ... epublicans
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

CU88 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:52 pm

We all know that he will never directly respond to you.
At least not coherently.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:46 pm No difference between Obama & Trump on defense spending, optional wars, dealing with allies, energy independence, support of police, protectionism vs globalism ? & with Biden on borders ? okie dokie.
If we're looking at ACTUAL numbers, and ACTUAL results from policies that were enacted? Yes.

Well, outside of the new things you threw in that have NOTHING to do with conservative thought (dealing with allies). Support of police is an absurd thing to throw in, because everyone supports good policing, and at the same time NO ONE supports reckless and illegal policing. Unless you want to argue that, for example, conservatives support police even when they drop a knee on a neck and kill a citizen for no reason.....

BTW....since I can't even guess as to which policy you think Trump enacted in his four years----which one do you think he pursued? Protectionism, or globalism?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

E651E770-DEA8-46C8-8B26-B92E0F35B7E8.jpeg
E651E770-DEA8-46C8-8B26-B92E0F35B7E8.jpeg (185.24 KiB) Viewed 732 times
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:38 pm E651E770-DEA8-46C8-8B26-B92E0F35B7E8.jpeg
Uh oh. Pete can't think for himself, so he gives us a list from 'some guy on the internet".

Dude, first of all, he didn't do much of what's on there. Second of all, not one of those are conservative policies. Not one.

You're the biggest lefty on the board, I had no idea!

1. DeSantis declared a State of Emergency over Covid....so there goes that.

2. He didn't pass robust voter integrity laws. Absentee ballots are still legal. Anyone can get one, fill one of those out, and mail it in. None of you care. Until a R loses. Then you'll be right back here, telling us about fake elections.

3. Passed a law so you could blah blah big tech? :lol: Nice to know that you think a conservative can tell another company what it can and cannot print, my commie friend. 1st amendment? What's that?

4. Banned transgenders from sports? Yep. He did that. I'm at a loss as to how you think that's conservative, but ok. That's one.

5. Gave responders a handout? More big government. Nope, that's not conservative. Your team thinks government workers are lazy and overpaid, remember?

6. Banned vaccine passports. Yeah, no you didn't. Laws still on the books, my man. http://www.floridahealth.gov/programs-a ... index.html

7. Penalized business $5k each time they blah blah vaccination. Nope. See above. Those laws apply to private schools, too. Papers, please.

8. Pardoned everyone? So......pardon lawbreakers? Since when is that conservative? Party of law and order? Party of "learn the rules"? Sorry mate, try again.

9. Passed Anti Riot bill? I'm sensing a theme here, Comrade. Trying to turn Florida into a Soviet satellite State by ditching the first Amendment? Sorry mate, that's a super far left policy, but it's hilarious that you think it's conservative. Guess you missed the Cold War.

10. Banned CRT that wasn't being taught in the first place. So much for the marketplace of ideas, eh comrade? Boy, you sure hate the 1st Amendment

11. Passed bills in Publicly owned and operated Schools to teach kids of the evils of Publicly owned and operated schools? Well, that's it....you've set a new Forum record for irony. You see, Pete----if you REALLY want to teach that? You end all public schools, and only allow Private Schools. But because your team is too chicken to do that, you get this bassakwards idiocy.

Ban public schools, Pete. Now THAT would be Conservative.

Care to try again....and this time, make your own list? :lol: :lol:
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:06 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:46 pm No difference between Obama & Trump on defense spending, optional wars, dealing with allies, energy independence, support of police, protectionism vs globalism ? & with Biden on borders ? okie dokie.
If we're looking at ACTUAL numbers, and ACTUAL results from policies that were enacted? Yes.

Well, outside of the new things you threw in that have NOTHING to do with conservative thought (dealing with allies). Support of police is an absurd thing to throw in, because everyone supports good policing, and at the same time NO ONE supports reckless and illegal policing. Unless you want to argue that, for example, conservatives support police even when they drop a knee on a neck and kill a citizen for no reason.....

BTW....since I can't even guess as to which policy you think Trump enacted in his four years----which one do you think he pursued? Protectionism, or globalism?
If there were no difference between the parties, there would be (R) votes for BBB & more than the min to pass BIB.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:04 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:38 pm E651E770-DEA8-46C8-8B26-B92E0F35B7E8.jpeg
Uh oh. Pete can't think for himself, so he gives us a list from 'some guy on the internet".

Dude, first of all, he didn't do much of what's on there. Second of all, not one of those are conservative policies. Not one.

You're the biggest lefty on the board, I had no idea!

1. DeSantis declared a State of Emergency over Covid....so there goes that.

2. He didn't pass robust voter integrity laws. Absentee ballots are still legal. Anyone can get one, fill one of those out, and mail it in. None of you care. Until a R loses. Then you'll be right back here, telling us about fake elections.

3. Passed a law so you could blah blah big tech? :lol: Nice to know that you think a conservative can tell another company what it can and cannot print, my commie friend. 1st amendment? What's that?

4. Banned transgenders from sports? Yep. He did that. I'm at a loss as to how you think that's conservative, but ok. That's one.

5. Gave responders a handout? More big government. Nope, that's not conservative. Your team thinks government workers are lazy and overpaid, remember?

6. Banned vaccine passports. Yeah, no you didn't. Laws still on the books, my man. http://www.floridahealth.gov/programs-a ... index.html

7. Penalized business $5k each time they blah blah vaccination. Nope. See above. Those laws apply to private schools, too. Papers, please.

8. Pardoned everyone? So......pardon lawbreakers? Since when is that conservative? Party of law and order? Party of "learn the rules"? Sorry mate, try again.

9. Passed Anti Riot bill? I'm sensing a theme here, Comrade. Trying to turn Florida into a Soviet satellite State by ditching the first Amendment? Sorry mate, that's a super far left policy, but it's hilarious that you think it's conservative. Guess you missed the Cold War.

10. Banned CRT that wasn't being taught in the first place. So much for the marketplace of ideas, eh comrade? Boy, you sure hate the 1st Amendment

11. Passed bills in Publicly owned and operated Schools to teach kids of the evils of Publicly owned and operated schools? Well, that's it....you've set a new Forum record for irony. You see, Pete----if you REALLY want to teach that? You end all public schools, and only allow Private Schools. But because your team is too chicken to do that, you get this bassakwards idiocy.

Ban public schools, Pete. Now THAT would be Conservative.

Care to try again....and this time, make your own list? :lol: :lol:

I’d ban public schools. Where do I sign up?

(ps: Ron is your next President, two terms too!)
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:28 pm I’d ban public schools. Where do I sign up?
:lol: University of Florida campus, Pete. Maybe you can find one of your old professors to help you with the vote! Oh, and to help you to understand that the University of Florida is a public school, because you still don't quite seem to have the hang of that concept.
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:28 pm (ps: Ron is your next President, two terms too!)
Oh no, not more tax breaks! What will my family do, Pete! :lol: ;)
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

House GOP Lawmaker Takes Credit For Infrastructure Funding He Voted Against

Speaking of conservative bungholes, here's a really good example.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

The Pattern of GOP Voter Fraud
The Heritage Foundation, the conservative think tank, maintains a public database of ballot-fraud cases. A review of the database reveals an astonishing fact: In every listed indictment and conviction for voter fraud or other malfeasance in connection with the 2020 presidential general election, when the culprit’s political affiliation is known he or she turns out to be a Republican or “unabashed conservative.”
"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Faux men

Faux men.jpg
Faux men.jpg (93.71 KiB) Viewed 681 times
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

IS that Rachell Maddow on the right? ;)
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

dislaxxic wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:10 am The Pattern of GOP Voter Fraud
The Heritage Foundation, the conservative think tank, maintains a public database of ballot-fraud cases. A review of the database reveals an astonishing fact: In every listed indictment and conviction for voter fraud or other malfeasance in connection with the 2020 presidential general election, when the culprit’s political affiliation is known he or she turns out to be a Republican or “unabashed conservative.”
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HMIyDf3gBoY
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:40 pm IS that Rachell Maddow on the right? ;)

I don’t think so.

He doesn’t look masculine enough and nor does he spout idiotic conspiracy theories every night.

:lol:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:40 pm IS that Rachell Maddow on the right? ;)
That’s the irony of Hawley talking up manliness..
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah

Return to “POLITICS”