Womens USA team Who you got?

D1 Womens Lacrosse
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: Womens USA team Who you got?

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Laxfan500 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:25 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:45 pm There was just something plain wrong about taking the players off Boston College to play on Team USA and then have those two teams play against each other. Just not right. We should have been allowed to see just how good Boston College was pitted against Team USA. Taking two of their best players off the Eagles left them significantly handicapped. Not to mention pitting players on the same team against each other. Just wasn’t right.
It’s been done before…typically when Team USA plays a college team, if they have players playing for Team USA, that’s where they play. It’s not a new concept.
No doubt it's been done that way typically, I just don't like it. Splitting up the national championship team and then playing that teams altered lineup against Team USA is a strange look and messing with karma somehow. Me no likey. Either play the teams against each other intact or don't play against each other. That's how I would engineer it if I was Sports Czar. 😉
OuttaNowhereWregget

Here's a perfect example: let's say Carolina won the national championship last year. Look at all these players! (I realize not all the players pictured here are on the current Carolina roster, but there are enough to make the point). All these players are taken from the Heels to play on Team USA against their remaining teammates?? Just stoopid. They should change the practice. Leave the national championship teams intact for the Fall Classic.

Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:09 am Here's a perfect example: let's say Carolina won the national championship last year. Look at all these players! (I realize not all the players pictured here are on the current Carolina roster, but there are enough to make the point). All these players are taken from the Heels to play on Team USA against their remaining teammates?? Just stoopid. They should change the practice. Leave the national championship teams intact for the Fall Classic.

Yeah I can see your point obviously team USA needs to play other competition besides itself although the ladies on that team are so talented playing each other and blue and white scrimmages is still going to be competitive. But worse you’re playing against college kids and if you look at what happened this past weekend you have the player from Boston College getting injured and potentially out for her college season that leads me into the discussion as to maybe the US team should just be made up of pro players like they do on the men’s side
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Who got injured?
OuttaNowhereWregget

seacoaster wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:51 am Who got injured?
One of the Weeks sisters. I didn’t make note as to which one when I heard about it.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:14 am
One of the Weeks sisters. I didn’t make note as to which one when I heard about it.
Thanks. Very sorry to hear that. Wish her all the best.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:14 am
I think it was Courtney? Not 100% sure.

Joe
OuttaNowhereWregget

glaxer24 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:20 pm
glaxer24 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:00 pm USA vs BC. USA 5 BC 4. ~4 minutes left in the second. Much closer game than I anticipated
Bad hit on Weeks by Cummings… Yikes
glaxer—Do you remember if the Weeks sister Cummings hit was wearing jersey number 6 or 12? Did she leave the game at the time of the hit?
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Laxfan500 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:44 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:09 am Here's a perfect example: let's say Carolina won the national championship last year. Look at all these players! (I realize not all the players pictured here are on the current Carolina roster, but there are enough to make the point). All these players are taken from the Heels to play on Team USA against their remaining teammates?? Just stoopid. They should change the practice. Leave the national championship teams intact for the Fall Classic.

Yeah I can see your point obviously team USA needs to play other competition besides itself although the ladies on that team are so talented playing each other and blue and white scrimmages is still going to be competitive. But worse you’re playing against college kids and if you look at what happened this past weekend you have the player from Boston College getting injured and potentially out for her college season that leads me into the discussion as to maybe the US team should just be made up of pro players like they do on the men’s side
I have always had mixed feelings about the scrimmages against Team USA. I remember in 2015 when Carolina's Brittany Coppa tore her ACL in a February preseason game against Team USA. She was playing for Carolina. She actually played through the season on it. I understand that the competition is going to be at it's highest and players are going their hardest, especially the Team USA players who are vying for a roster spot. But if I'm going to say that about a fall ball scrimmage against Team USA, I might as well say that about fall ball games in general. An injury could've happened during a regular fall ball game, or in practice, so I don't really see why the Team USA scrimmage would specifically be problematic. You can tell your kids to play smart and not be reckless in scrimmages like that, but sometimes injuries happen anyway.

I don't really mind Team USA having college players on the roster or that those players will play with Team USA against their own college team. It's a unique opportunity and also allows other players to get game experience and let different combinations of players get some experience working together. Who knows, there might be a situation in season where they're without their best players and that experience against Team USA would have been applicable.

And say CN makes Team USA (I know her chances are very good, but nothing is official and I'm superstitious) - wouldn't you then be saying the same thing if she plays for BC in a scrimmage against Team USA? Team USA doesn't have all their players, so how would you really know who's better?

I don't think the point of the exhibitions are to see "who is better". It's just about everyone getting experience and touches on the ball against really competitive external competition - because competing against your own teammates can get stale.
glaxer24

Post by glaxer24 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:45 am
glaxer24 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:00 pm USA vs BC. USA 5 BC 4. ~4 minutes left in the second. Much closer game than I anticipated
glaxer—Do you remember if the Weeks sister Cummings hit was wearing jersey number 6 or 12? Did she leave the game at the time of the hit?
Good detective work! I barely even remember posting this :lol: It was #6. I knew it was an ugly hit, but didn’t think it was anything severe at the time as she walked off and AWW said something along the lines of “she’s tough, she’ll be fine.” I wish her the best and hope she’s doing well
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

glaxer24 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:57 pm
Good detective work! I barely even remember posting this :lol: It was #6. I knew it was an ugly hit, but didn’t think it was anything severe at the time as she walked off and AWW said something along the lines of “she’s tough, she’ll be fine.” I wish her the best and hope she’s doing well
ACL
OuttaNowhereWregget

glaxer24 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:57 pm
So that’s Courtney Weeks. Thanks, glaxer.
OuttaNowhereWregget

These “official” jerseys are now on sale. One might conclude that Charlotte North made the final cut for the US National Team but I could be wrong.

Lax247

Post by Lax247 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:42 am These “official” jerseys are now on sale. One might conclude that Charlotte North made the final cut for the US National Team but I could be wrong.

https://twitter.com/usawlax/status/1460 ... 35431?s=10

Suprised about a few that are missing…suprised about some that are coming…thoughts ?
OuttaNowhereWregget

Lax247 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:29 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:42 am These “official” jerseys are now on sale. One might conclude that Charlotte North made the final cut for the US National Team but I could be wrong.
Suprised about a few that are missing…suprised about some that are coming…thoughts ?
One absence that jumps out at me is Belle Smith. But who knows why she isn’t on the roster. Could be a whole host of reasons that have nothing to do with being chosen or not by the coaches.
Lax247

Post by Lax247 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:38 am
One absence that jumps out at me is Belle Smith. But who knows why she isn’t on the roster. Could be a whole host of reasons that have nothing to do with being chosen or not by the coaches.
Yea def suprised about smith .
Bart

Post by Bart »

I'm fairly certain this will go over like a lead balloon but here goes anyhow. Why would a college coach be good with his or her star players leaving their college team to participate in an event like this? For the college coach I see absolutely no benefit and a huge potential for disaster. It is bad enough when a kid goes down with an injury during a team event but this one is totally avoidable. It is not like these scrimmages are going to be a tame event. It just does not seem to make much sense to me.
TNLAX

Post by TNLAX »

Bart wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:15 pm

I'm fairly certain this will go over like a lead balloon but here goes anyhow. Why would a college coach be good with his or her star players leaving their college team to participate in an event like this? For the college coach I see absolutely no benefit and a huge potential for disaster. It is bad enough when a kid goes down with an injury during a team event but this one is totally avoidable. It is not like these scrimmages are going to be a tame event. It just does not seem to make much sense to me.
I think you are spot on. It is just another way for USLacrosse to market themselves and try to make money. The only possible benefit to a college coach/program is that the SID office can put out some social media posts about player A paying with the national team this weekend. My 2 cents
OuttaNowhereWregget

I agree 100%.
Injuries can occur at any time but why tempt fate?
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:30 pm

I agree 100%.
Injuries can occur at any time but why tempt fate?
Why tempt fate? Because your players have the opportunity to represent their country and wear the Red, White and Blue. Injuries can happen anywhere and at any time. These players go hard in practices just as well as games. This is a huge opportunity that no player would want to pass up and what coach would not allow their players to chase their dreams of being on USA!!

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”