All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

Typical Lax Dad

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:57 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:37 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:30 am Fauci says vaccines don't work as well as originally advertised:

https://rumble.com/vp7isp-dr.-fauci-adm ... ed-ar.html
:shock: :shock:

Ireland, one of the most vaccinated nations on Earth, with vaccine passports and continuing mask mandates and social distancing has seen cases and hospitalizations rising since July with a cases now growing "exponentially" again.

Illusion of Control is hard to give up...

ABB3C3B5-BF2F-45D2-91D0-37409726328C.png
Looks like Florida.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:30 am Fauci says vaccines don't work as well as originally advertised:
Ireland, one of the most vaccinated nations on Earth, with vaccine passports and continuing mask mandates and social distancing has seen cases and hospitalizations rising since July with a cases now growing "exponentially" again.

What it is really saying, is that it is here to stay. Regardless of your stance on vax of cv19, it certainly appears CV19 is not going down without a fight. It also appears, that even if we had 100% vaccinated, we'd still be seeing these waves, as noted by Fauci in the clip posted by Kramer.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
kramerica.inc

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by kramerica.inc »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:09 pm

What it is really saying, is that it is here to stay. Regardless of your stance on vax of cv19, it certainly appears CV19 is not going down without a fight. It also appears, that even if we had 100% vaccinated, we'd still be seeing these waves, as noted by Fauci in the clip posted by Kramer.
It's not going anywhere. Pandemic over, the worldwide endemic has begun.
Flatten the curve. In perpetuity.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:17 pm

I believe the next step is for Biden to drop the mandate, admit we need to regroup after all this novel data is being presented; a reset on how we convey the message.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:25 pm

I believe the next step is for Biden to drop the mandate, admit we need to regroup after all this novel data is being presented; a reset on how we convey the message.

That would be correct.

However I think the first thing he needs to do is tell everyone that masks are ridiculous and ineffective.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:27 pm

That would be correct.
However I think the first thing he needs to do is tell everyone that masks are ridiculous and ineffective.
Well, that could certainly be part of the discussion, but an open and honest conversation after dropping the mandate would go a very long way. And display a bit of charisma, character, leadership, and empathy. Maybe Kamala is the right person to do that...if she can do it without cackling. ;)
~Livy

NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

https://news.yahoo.com/dr-fauci-just-is ... 46228.html

TLDR: Vaccines work great, we're starting to see a ton of data on when immunity wanes, and we need a booster like many other vaccines. We'll keep monitoring. :roll:
a fan

Post by a fan »

You guys are leaping to conclusions, and looking at the wrong number.

What that graph says to me is that there's over a million people in Ireland that haven't been vaccinated. What the F would you expect to happen when it starts to get cold, and Covid has 1,000,000 unvaxxed humans to work with, fellas?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:30 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:27 pm

That would be correct.
Well, that could certainly be part of the discussion, but an open and honest conversation after dropping the mandate would go a very long way. And display a bit of charisma, character, leadership, and empathy. Maybe Kamala is the right person to do that...if she can do it without cackling. ;)

Kamala is too busy today accusing Joe’s team of racism and sexism for planting the CNN story.

But yes, drop mandates. Drop masks. Focus on the pills being readied for distribution.

It’s an uphill battle. Look at Nattys post above this. He wants boosters. Probably mandated too. Like is aid, I saw the Democratic governor of New Mexico on morning joe this morning, and she was wearing a mask inside her home all alone. I just shook my head. The idiocy and signaling is incomprehensible.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:37 pm

What that graph says to me is that there's over a million people in Ireland that haven't been vaccinated. What the F would you expect to happen when it starts to get cold, and Covid has 1,000,000 unvaxxed humans to work with, fellas?
No, we are not focusing only on the graph. It's the fact the vacc'd or not, breakthrough cases and previously infected (waning immunity) is ramping up....per Fauci. Well......not so certain on natural immunity but by all accounts it too seems to wane.
~Livy

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:39 pm I saw the Democratic governor of New Mexico on morning joe this morning, and she was wearing a mask inside her home all alone. I just shook my head. The idiocy and signaling is incomprehensible.
They need these new Hardhats issued....STAT!

~Livy

NattyBohChamps04

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:39 pm It’s an uphill battle. Look at Nattys post above this. He wants boosters. Probably mandated too. Like is aid, I saw the Democratic governor of New Mexico on morning joe this morning, and she was wearing a mask inside her home all alone. I just shook my head. The idiocy and signaling is incomprehensible.
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:13 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:37 am I asked a while ago. Who on this board is raising their hand to be the first in line to get that vaccine?

Me!! Anyone should. Let’s roll and do this. Time to get back to being #1!!!!

Go Hounds!!!

Let's do this!
Bart

Post by Bart »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:47 pm

No, we are not focusing only on the graph. It's the fact the vacc'd or not, breakthrough cases and previously infected (waning immunity) is ramping up....per Fauci. Well......not so certain on natural immunity but by all accounts it too seems to wane.
Unless you know the make up of the blue line you have no means of making this assumption. If you have that data, it certainly would be interesting to see.

Ask yourself this question. It appears that the red and blue line pretty well mirror each other through the entire graph until recently............
Why might that be? Why might the red and blue lines be diverging?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:55 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:39 pm It’s an uphill battle. Look at Nattys post above this. He wants boosters. Probably mandated too. Like is aid, I saw the Democratic governor of New Mexico on morning joe this morning, and she was wearing a mask inside her home all alone. I just shook my head. The idiocy and signaling is incomprehensible.
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:13 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:37 am I asked a while ago. Who on this board is raising their hand to be the first in line to get that vaccine?
Me!! Anyone should. Let’s roll and do this. Time to get back to being #1!!!!

Go Hounds!!!

Let's do this!

You keep raising this as some sort of gotcha, but I have bad news for you: I got vaccinated, fairly early.

I’m just not down for a booster, not in a trillion years. You told me one vaccination delivered in two doses, I didn’t agree to endless secondary shots.

I’m also REALLY not down with masks; I’ve never worn one except at the beginning of this nonsense and only in a grocery store as required. We haven’t had private store mask mandates in Florida in over a year, and every time I see someone wear one, I feel bad for that person. The evidence clearly shows how useless mask mandates are. How much more do you need to admit that?

You can’t expect to keep moving the goalposts on this vaccine and masks stuff without pushback. It’s simply illogical.
a fan

Post by a fan »

I'm not sure where you or anyone came up with the idea that vaccines would keep folks from getting covid. My doctor NEVER told me that. Not once.

It's about keeping you from getting severe Covid----hospitals, long term issues.

Did you expect something else?
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:01 pm

You can’t expect to keep moving the goalposts on this vaccine and masks stuff without pushback. It’s simply illogical.
Goalposts have been in the same place for the vaxx the whole time, Pete. It's just that you and your fellow bassakwards logic brigade don't want to hear it.

Do what your personal doctor advises, Pete. That's it. That's the goalposts.

And of course, you and your team don't want to do that, because you know EXACTLY what your doctor will tell you.

No white noise. No politics. No internet. No Qanon. No virtue signaling for your internet buddies. Just you and your doctor, Pete.

If Americans simply did that? We'd be well north of 90% vaccinated, and sitting pretty

What are we getting instead? A bunch of fully grown adults, acting like overtired five year olds who don't wanna go to bed, mommy.

If this was the Greatest Generation? We'd be sitting at 99% vaccinated. We should be embarrassed.
NattyBohChamps04

You keep raising this as some sort of gotcha, but I have bad news for you: I got vaccinated, fairly early.

I’m just not down for a booster, not in a trillion years. You told me one vaccination delivered in two doses, I didn’t agree to endless secondary shots.

I’m also REALLY not down with masks; I’ve never worn one except at the beginning of this nonsense and only in a grocery store as required. We haven’t had private store mask mandates in Florida in over a year, and every time I see someone wear one, I feel bad for that person. The evidence clearly shows how useless mask mandates are. How much more do you need to admit that?

LMAO you think I was talking about your personal vaccination status??

You and the alt-righters were so gung-ho on getting Trump's vaccine out (by the ingenuity of private companies no less) and getting everyone vaccinated until he lost. We were gonna get the economy back on track by golly!

You & your buddies complain that we didn't have any long term data on the vaccines. And now when new longer term data starts rolling in, you whine and complain that you weren't told that info at the beginning. We all know it's a BS stance anyway, the actual reason is y'all just want to be contrarian. If Biden came out and said don't get a vaccine or a booster, ramp up monoclonal production, ya'll would be in a line around the block for the vaccines.

Why so afraid of a little practically painless booster shot? Get one and go live your life! Don't live in fear! :D
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:08 pm

I'm not sure where you or anyone came up with the idea that vaccines would keep folks from getting covid. My doctor NEVER told me that. Not once.

It's about keeping you from getting severe Covid----hospitals, long term issues.

Did you expect something else?
Talking past each other or missed translation. I never said vaccines would keep folks from getting covid, quite the opposite. And yes, vaccines do seem to minimize severity, as noted in hospital stays. However, almost everyone entering a hospital with CV-19 is now receiving therapeutics, even if you test positive and meet criteria you are receiving them and sent home.

My argument, based on Fauci's recent comment about waning immunity, is that this is here to stay. And who do we push to get the flu shot.....exactly, the elderly and those with pre-existing conditions. And NO, I am not saying the CV19 VIrus, is like the flu.
~Livy

a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:19 pm
My argument, based on Fauci's recent comment about waning immunity, is that this is here to stay. And who do we push to get the flu shot.....exactly, the elderly and those with pre-existing conditions. And NO, I am not saying the CV19 VIrus, is like the flu.
Got it. Makes sense.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:17 pm

Goalposts have been in the same place for the vaxx the whole time, Pete. It's just that you and your fellow bassakwards logic brigade don't want to hear it.

Do what your personal doctor advises, Pete. That's it. That's the goalposts.

And of course, you and your team don't want to do that, because you know EXACTLY what your doctor will tell you.

No white noise. No politics. No internet. No Qanon. No virtue signaling for your internet buddies. Just you and your doctor, Pete.

If Americans simply did that? We'd be well north of 90% vaccinated, and sitting pretty

What are we getting instead? A bunch of fully grown adults, acting like overtired five year olds who don't wanna go to bed, mommy.

If this was the Greatest Generation? We'd be sitting at 99% vaccinated. We should be embarrassed.

I spoke too soon!

It may turn out that the term "booster" is a bit of a misnomer, and that the correct number of shots for maximum efficacy isn’t yet known

:lol:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/newslett ... t=business

Jfc. These people are clowns.

Return to “POLITICS”