All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

kramerica.inc

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by kramerica.inc »

wgdsr wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:37 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:59 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:54 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:19 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:23 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:12 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:26 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:29 am
Peter Brown wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:26 am Israel’s fully vaccinated rate as of today is 62.4%.
How can that be? A Jewish guy is claiming a religious exemption…. And some more BS…. https://apnews.com/article/health-relig ... 7b7b87c185

Management is derelict.

“No clergy are to issue such religious exemption letters,” Greek Orthodox Archbishop Elpidophoros said, and any such letter “is not valid.”
Try to understand this:

There are NO federal instructions for issuing a religious exemptions. The employees dont need to provide ANY documentation whatsoever. Regardless of what their religion is.

Why would we want to fire our employees?

Are you familiar with defense contracting?

If so, why would our company fire someone that is 100% billable (govt contract pays their salary) and earns the company a 19% fee of their yearly salary?

Every person we fire loses us money. And kills our company’s capability.

Based upon a temporary mandate?

:lol:

Never fired anyone?
No we have. But why would you WANT to fire someone that makes your company money?

Those in the defense industry know.

"Butts in seats" build that overhead.

The government has the need for the service, and approved the proposal, cost, and headcount. There are different types of contracts. Right now there is no such thing as a "best value." Everyhting is "LPTA" Lowest Price, technically acceptable. Companies are taking the risk, putting people on overhead and cutting costs to win. Meanwhile, the Gov't gets what they pay for.
You be only fire people that don’t make the company money? How does your accounting system account for that?
In defense, you have "overhead" and "billable" employees.
Billable people do the contractual work.
When we bid a contract, our pricing includes salaries and "fees."
Say we bid $100/hr. We pay our billable people $60/hr salary, $20 goes to the employee's 401k and healthcare and $20 goes to the company and they use that money to pay the salaries of those who are overhead. Overhead people run the company (Owners, general warehouse/purchasing/HR, accounting, BD).
All the overhead employees at company headquarters NEED billable people to live.
The more billable people, more fees to collect. More money for overhead employees and for the company to grow and build infrastructure/capital.
We fire people occasionally for performance issues that don't improve. And truthfully, much more commonly, for non-job related idiocy.
My question (expanded for your understanding) is: Why would the company fire someone that makes my company money and bulds overhead? We dont know if we are going to be able to perform our work at this point, even with the personnel we have that is vaccinated. And truthfully, it's not a problem, until it's a problem. Like everyhting in contracting, who is paying attention? That's on the Sr Program Mangers to paint the picture that all is well and figure out how to execute the daily bs.
We are NOT going to fire people who earn us money on a daily basis and build our overhead, BEFORE there are any performance issues. No company is going to kneecap itself financially due to an undefined mandate, before it has to.
Better hope I and those who understand the Beltway Bandit scam never get to reform government contracting.
evidence is in, we'll all be 6 feet under before it does.
I’d love those who understand the BB to reform contracting. It happened partly because of the unchecked growth of budgets and government.

This is how the govt sends out the contracts. They control all the terms, contract vehicles(who is eligible to bid) etc. They hold the cards. Who gets to play, who can’t. Even if you’re a super-specialized contractor, the govt is still the boss and can tell you you’re not allowed to play unless you meet the contract terms.

Everything in our realm these days is low price technically acceptable (LPTA) and firm fixed price. The bid is the bid, for the work specified. That means the contractors pay all the costs, and takes all the risk. Even when contract terms are not fully spelled out during the bidding process. Overrun, or have issues- That’s the contractor’s issue. Do the work, figure out all the unknowns, complete the terms of the contract. Even if you lose money.

Is that part of what those who “understand” contracting here will reform too?

Sure I can jack up my fees and costs. But am I going to win the bid in this super competitive environment?
Last edited by kramerica.inc on Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

ggait wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:58 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:48 pm I think it was Natty who asked today if there have been any adverse reactions to the Covid vaccine.

Well, Governor Newsom of California had a widely publicized booster shot 12 days ago, and immediately disappeared. Eleven days and every public event canceled.

The rumor is he got something called Bells Palsy immediately after the booster. This is from a tech guy in San Francisco.

https://stevekirsch.substack.com/p/gavi ... ly?r=6a3x3

Obviously if he got an adverse reaction (he’s healthy, fit), that might lead to vaccine hesitancy. On the other hand, he’s being wildly irresponsible not coming clean as to what occurred.
Petey -- is the stricken Gov. Newsom still hiding his severe illness from booster side effects? That's a big cover up.

Yeah, many governors generally disappear for twelve days with zero notice to the media that Trail him 24/7, canceling all public appointments. It’s totally normal!!!! I’m sure nothing was up. :lol:

Anyway, Gavey-boy just voted himself 4 more months of dictatorial rule. He’s like Fielding Mellish at this stage.

https://www.newsweek.com/fury-spreads-g ... ed-1648908

At this rate, I’m thinking California will be in play next fall. I implore all Democrats to keep going the direction they’re going…it’s working out in polls and elections so far! :lol:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

ggait wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:07 pm
So now we’re hanging an unknown future on Desantis, because I guess the present is too favorable to him? :lol: :lol: :lol:
If you let the forest fire burn pretty much uncontrolled, eventually the fire will go out. But that strategy does allow for a lot of damage.

Covid deaths since 7/1/20:

NJ 13,128
IL 21,834
NY 25,341

FL 56,911

That is an epic fail.

So Petey declares victory because the smoldering ruins of the town are no longer actively consumed by flames.

Kind of like running your mouth about how great your football team is after it squeeks out a win while allowing Samford to score 52 points.

1,000 people every day move to Florida. 365,000 a year.

You need to warn them how bad this state is! No one goes there anymore, it’s too crowded!! :lol:

by the way, why are democratic governors this morning wearing face masks on television? The woman from New Mexico, Grisham, who is literally all alone in a studio or her home, is wearing two masks. Two. What a lunatic. By herself. No one nearby. Total virtue signaling,

Even MSNBC cut her off because she is so batty. :lol:

The insanity of the left never disappoints.

We have to vote these Democratic bozos out faster than next fall. They’re harming a whole generation of kids (and obviously the country) with their lunacy.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:26 am Israel’s fully vaccinated rate as of today is 62.4%.
How can that be? A Jewish guy is claiming a religious exemption…. And some more BS…. https://apnews.com/article/health-relig ... 7b7b87c185

Management is derelict.

“No clergy are to issue such religious exemption letters,” Greek Orthodox Archbishop Elpidophoros said, and any such letter “is not valid.”
Try to understand this:

There are NO federal instructions for issuing a religious exemptions. The employees dont need to provide ANY documentation whatsoever. Regardless of what their religion is.

If so, why would our company fire someone that is 100% billable (govt contract pays their salary) and earns the company a 19% fee of their yearly salary?

Never fired anyone?
No we have. But why would you WANT to fire someone that makes your company money?

The government has the need for the service, and approved the proposal, cost, and headcount. There are different types of contracts. Right now there is no such thing as a "best value." Everyhting is "LPTA" Lowest Price, technically acceptable. Companies are taking the risk, putting people on overhead and cutting costs to win. Meanwhile, the Gov't gets what they pay for.
You be only fire people that don’t make the company money? How does your accounting system account for that?
Say we bid $100/hr. We pay our billable people $60/hr salary, $20 goes to the employee's 401k and healthcare and $20 goes to the company and they use that money to pay the salaries of those who are overhead. Overhead people run the company (Owners, general warehouse/purchasing/HR, accounting, BD).
All the overhead employees at company headquarters NEED billable people to live.
The more billable people, more fees to collect. More money for overhead employees and for the company to grow and build infrastructure/capital.
We fire people occasionally for performance issues that don't improve. And truthfully, much more commonly, for non-job related idiocy.
My question (expanded for your understanding) is: Why would the company fire someone that makes my company money and bulds overhead? We dont know if we are going to be able to perform our work at this point, even with the personnel we have that is vaccinated. And truthfully, it's not a problem, until it's a problem. Like everyhting in contracting, who is paying attention? That's on the Sr Program Mangers to paint the picture that all is well and figure out how to execute the daily bs.
We are NOT going to fire people who earn us money on a daily basis and build our overhead, BEFORE there are any performance issues. No company is going to kneecap itself financially due to an undefined mandate, before it has to.
It’s not just defense there’s multiple businesses that have cost plus, time and materials, GMP etc and many that contract with the federal or states and local governments. Some are just held less accountable by their customers than others.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

PizzaSnake wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:49 pm This article addresses the fundamental challenge the US faces: widespread innumeracy and a poor grasp of basic statistics.

Maybe Petey and company should read it and try and overcome the Dunning-Kruger effect.

"What’s often called motivated reasoning is at least partly to blame — people believed something that was mathematically nonsensical because they wanted to believe it. But too many people couldn’t recognize it as mathematically nonsensical. Americans are generally bad at math. A 2012 global study of the math skills of 16-to-65-year-olds found that American adults were less numerate than adults in most other developed countries. On a scale ranking skills from Level 1 to Level 5, with Level 5 the highest, 60 percent of Americans were at Level 2 or below, and almost 30 percent were at Level 1, which meant they struggled with even two-step calculations. That’s a serious problem when it comes to evaluating vaccine effectiveness, since doing so requires multiple steps: looking at what percentage of total covid hospitalizations or deaths are among the vaccinated, looking at what percentage of the population is vaccinated, and then adjusting for that and for age to calculate how much more likely an unvaccinated person is to be hospitalized or die.

Lots of people, of course, never get that far. They make simpler mistakes: thinking that if 30 percent of people testing positive are vaccinated, that means 30 percent of vaccinated people tested positive, or believing that if a vaccine is 95 percent effective against hospitalization, that means 5 percent of vaccinated people will end up in the hospital. And it isn’t just random people on Twitter who make these errors. CNN, in an article on how to fly safely, infamously suggested that a 90 percent effective vaccine would still mean that 10 percent of vaccinated fliers might catch the coronavirus. (What it really means is that a vaccinated person’s risk of being infected on the plane would be 90 percent lower than an unvaccinated person’s risk.)"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/ ... p_opinions
To most math is intentionally treated as voodoo rather than just another language for explaining the world
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Management is derelict.

Try to understand this:

Never fired anyone?

Seems like as customer (the federal government) your handing them the easiest argument ever if each person they pay for is pure profit for you then they definitely should be able, as customer, to require your people to be vaccinated. Forget all the noise I know how the economic model works. They are the customer, they want certain things in order to not present the opportunity, but rather than guarantee a profit. (to the extent you’re management can figure out how not to create absurd bloat in S,G&A and screw up a handout because 19% overhead is a handout when operating expenses can easily be scaled).

Now you want to tell the customer and taxpayers you get to have your way in how you get paid, the circumstances under which you deliver a product or service and ensure your profit?

Sounds like a Democrat if I ever heard one.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

We are meeting the customer’s mandate.
The mandate isn’t for vaccination. It’s vaccination or exempt. With no reporting.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:34 am We are meeting the customer’s mandate.
The mandate isn’t for vaccination. It’s vaccination or exempt. With no reporting.
So then what’s the problem. That’s the deal and you’re meeting it. What was all the other grousing about then.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:47 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:34 am We are meeting the customer’s mandate.
So then what’s the problem. That’s the deal and you’re meeting it. What was all the other grousing about then.
Another meaningless time suck. This is what happens when the good idea fairy hits.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

😂😂😂…that government teet is good.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:55 am
Another meaningless time suck. This is what happens when the good idea fairy hits.
Yeah I've never had client/customers who do that to me. I'm sure it's only gov't.
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:11 am
Yeah I've never had client/customers who do that to me. I'm sure it's only gov't.
https://www.natlawreview.com/article/ee ... ndates?amp

BS the government, take my money and hope they don’t get around to real oversight. Waving people through is inconsistent with the intent.
“I wish you would!”
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:13 am
Private business filling a need. We are diversified and provide B2B and B2G work, so we are ok.
Of course, the gov't can choose to do the work themselves, if they wish. But they can't. They don't have the capability, nor are they nimble enough to handle the requirements...That they created.
So they call us.

kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:44 am

BS the government, take my money and hope they don’t get around to real oversight. Waving people through is inconsistent with the intent.
We didn't waive people through. We followed and are following these guidelines to the tee when establishing our policy/protocols. Reviewed by legal.
But it is a waste of time.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:14 am
Private business filling a need. We are diversified and provide B2B and B2G work, so we are ok.
Of course, the gov't can choose to do the work themselves, if they wish. But they can't. They don't have the capability, nor are they nimble enough to handle the requirements...That they created.
So they call us.

The Democratic Governor of New Mexico was interviewed by MSNBC from her home today. SHE WORE A MASK. FROM HER HOME. No one else around.

Government employees are total lunatics.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Fauci says vaccines don't work as well as originally advertised:

https://rumble.com/vp7isp-dr.-fauci-adm ... ed-ar.html
Typical Lax Dad

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:14 am
So they call us.

No problem at all. I have two portfolios companies that rely on government contracts. Both mid caps.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:25 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:44 am

We didn't waive people through. We followed and are following these guidelines to the tee when establishing our policy/protocols. Reviewed by legal.
But it is a waste of time.
Yep. It’s “not illegal” is the hurdle.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:30 am Fauci says vaccines don't work as well as originally advertised:

:shock: :shock:
“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:37 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:30 am Fauci says vaccines don't work as well as originally advertised:

:shock: :shock:

Ireland, one of the most vaccinated nations on Earth, with vaccine passports and continuing mask mandates and social distancing has seen cases and hospitalizations rising since July with a cases now growing "exponentially" again.

Illusion of Control is hard to give up...

ABB3C3B5-BF2F-45D2-91D0-37409726328C.png
ABB3C3B5-BF2F-45D2-91D0-37409726328C.png (52.23 KiB) Viewed 832 times

Return to “POLITICS”