All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

Typical Lax Dad

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:36 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:22 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:22 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:38 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:33 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:31 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:54 pm My wife and I had our boosters this morning. I have no idea why anybody would not be vaccinated. I also think the decision to not be vaccinated is up to the individual.
Companies have a right to not let them disrupt their business by infecting co-worxkers. Personal responsibility.
I thought we were getting the shots to prevent us from getting sick? Me getting a shot protects me. I can still get Covid and give it to someone else. How is that disrupting anything?
Not likely to send someone to the hospital and not likely to kill them and you are less infectious after being vaccinated…..can get back to work and keep productivity up. When community spread is lower and 30,000 are dying a year instead of 350,000, life will keep on moving. The government doesn’t care if YOU die….you can’t be the reason the money is messed up.
I got the shot so I wouldn't get sick. Why some people do or don't is their decision. Common sense is not nessasarily a common virtue. The gubmint thinking they can mandate what should be common sense is not something I can get on board with.
Un huh.
Yep, un huh sums it up... Well said amigo.
Gubmint is suppose to protect the general welfare of its citizens….you know, the gubmint that you worked for.

“The concern of the government for the health, peace, morality, and safety of its citizens. Promotion of the general welfare is also a stated purpose in state constitutions and statutes. ... “
“I wish you would!”
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:29 am
Peter Brown wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:26 am Israel’s fully vaccinated rate as of today is 62.4%.
How can that be? A Jewish guy is claiming a religious exemption…. And some more BS…. https://apnews.com/article/health-relig ... 7b7b87c185

Management is derelict.

“No clergy are to issue such religious exemption letters,” Greek Orthodox Archbishop Elpidophoros said, and any such letter “is not valid.”
Try to understand this:

There are NO federal instructions for issuing a religious exemptions. The employees dont need to provide ANY documentation whatsoever. Regardless of what their religion is.

Why would we want to fire our employees?

Are you familiar with defense contracting?

If so, why would our company fire someone that is 100% billable (govt contract pays their salary) and earns the company a 19% fee of their yearly salary?

Every person we fire loses us money. And kills our company’s capability.

Based upon a temporary mandate?

:lol:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:26 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:26 am Israel’s fully vaccinated rate as of today is 62.4%.
How can that be? A Jewish guy is claiming a religious exemption…. And some more BS…. https://apnews.com/article/health-relig ... 7b7b87c185

Management is derelict.

“No clergy are to issue such religious exemption letters,” Greek Orthodox Archbishop Elpidophoros said, and any such letter “is not valid.”
Try to understand this:

There are NO federal instructions for issuing a religious exemptions. The employees dont need to provide ANY documentation whatsoever. Regardless of what their religion is.

If so, why would our company fire someone that is 100% billable (govt contract pays their salary) and earns the company a 19% fee of their yearly salary?

Yup, you don't have a financial incentive...unless they don't let your guys come on base and you lose contracts for non-performance. If you can manage to avoid that, you can continue to look the other way on anti-social stupidity.

Other managements are instead getting 90+% of their employees vaccinated.

But it's a choice.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Correct. As long as we can get 100% of our employees to either vaccinate or apply for an exemption, we should be fine, if we have someone able to do the work on base.

Are they getting 90% compliance?
There is NO specific reporting mechanism.
Just companies saying “we are compliant.”
Compliant = Vaccinated OR exempt.

So anything reported as 100 % “compliant” is BS.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:49 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:55 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:36 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:22 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:22 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:38 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:33 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:31 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:54 pm My wife and I had our boosters this morning. I have no idea why anybody would not be vaccinated. I also think the decision to not be vaccinated is up to the individual.
Companies have a right to not let them disrupt their business by infecting co-worxkers. Personal responsibility.
I thought we were getting the shots to prevent us from getting sick? Me getting a shot protects me. I can still get Covid and give it to someone else. How is that disrupting anything?
Not likely to send someone to the hospital and not likely to kill them and you are less infectious after being vaccinated…..can get back to work and keep productivity up. When community spread is lower and 30,000 are dying a year instead of 350,000, life will keep on moving. The government doesn’t care if YOU die….you can’t be the reason the money is messed up.
I got the shot so I wouldn't get sick. Why some people do or don't is their decision. Common sense is not nessasarily a common virtue. The gubmint thinking they can mandate what should be common sense is not something I can get on board with.
Un huh.
Yep, un huh sums it up... Well said amigo.
posting on fanlax that you agree with any all and all mandates gets you a hall pass.
I am actually not sure how I feel about Biden’s mandate for 100+ employees. I would favor daily testing and raising the insurance premium on those declining the vaccine without a valid medical reason. Biden may be giving companies cover. I know we don’t want our markets disrupted because of some mouth breathers spending too much time on Facebook and Parlor.
well, that's nuance at least (smiley face).
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

This article addresses the fundamental challenge the US faces: widespread innumeracy and a poor grasp of basic statistics.

Maybe Petey and company should read it and try and overcome the Dunning-Kruger effect.

"What’s often called motivated reasoning is at least partly to blame — people believed something that was mathematically nonsensical because they wanted to believe it. But too many people couldn’t recognize it as mathematically nonsensical. Americans are generally bad at math. A 2012 global study of the math skills of 16-to-65-year-olds found that American adults were less numerate than adults in most other developed countries. On a scale ranking skills from Level 1 to Level 5, with Level 5 the highest, 60 percent of Americans were at Level 2 or below, and almost 30 percent were at Level 1, which meant they struggled with even two-step calculations. That’s a serious problem when it comes to evaluating vaccine effectiveness, since doing so requires multiple steps: looking at what percentage of total covid hospitalizations or deaths are among the vaccinated, looking at what percentage of the population is vaccinated, and then adjusting for that and for age to calculate how much more likely an unvaccinated person is to be hospitalized or die.

Lots of people, of course, never get that far. They make simpler mistakes: thinking that if 30 percent of people testing positive are vaccinated, that means 30 percent of vaccinated people tested positive, or believing that if a vaccine is 95 percent effective against hospitalization, that means 5 percent of vaccinated people will end up in the hospital. And it isn’t just random people on Twitter who make these errors. CNN, in an article on how to fly safely, infamously suggested that a 90 percent effective vaccine would still mean that 10 percent of vaccinated fliers might catch the coronavirus. (What it really means is that a vaccinated person’s risk of being infected on the plane would be 90 percent lower than an unvaccinated person’s risk.)"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/ ... p_opinions
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Typical Lax Dad

Management is derelict.

Try to understand this:

Never fired anyone?
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

True Republican values. Hire people and skim off the taxpayer regardless of performance or merit.

And someone would have the temerity to call me a RINO…
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Austria, 67% vaccinated, to go into lockdown of only the unvaccinated on Monday.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/12/covid-a ... eople.html

“2 weeks to slow the spread”, to “vaccine cures are here, back to normal”, to “you’ll need a booster, sorry the vaccine wanes”, to “you might need these mRNA boosters the rest of your life”, to what it was all about at the very beginning, “you didn’t do what we demanded, so we will ostracize you”.

Fascism, straight up. Many of these folks will ultimately face criminal trials for their actions, mark my words.

The world is in for some hurt, principally because these Covid totalitarians are going to seize whatever mean of control they can while they can. They will do what they can to seize the democratic vote of voters everywhere (you can now vote on a paper napkin in Seattle… :lol: https://twitter.com/katiedaviscourt/sta ... 55104?s=21).

But here’s the good news, the silver lining. Normal people are going to overwhelm the ballot box next time and vote out these Covid totalitarians, all over the world. Humanity always overcomes the worst in some of us,

Anyone else remember that famous WW2 guy born in Austria? Exactly.
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:25 am True Republican values. Hire people and skim off the taxpayer regardless of performance or merit.

What about those people in Baltimore on welfare?

https://acquisitiontalk.com/2019/01/ana ... n-defense/
“I wish you would!”
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

PB:

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:16 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:25 am True Republican values. Hire people and skim off the taxpayer regardless of performance or merit.

There’s a particularly hard view of the author in this book but it does outline the reality of the relationship between the defense and highly regulated businesses and government. Not to mention how Carlyle group built their enterprise to what it is today on the backs of some nasty sovereign wealth funds. The involvement of Spooky Frank Carlucci with Carlyle is particularly gross.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/108 ... n_Triangle#
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:29 am

There’s a particularly hard view of the author in this book but it does outline the reality of the relationship between the defense and highly regulated businesses and government. Not to mention how Carlyle group built their enterprise to what it is today on the backs of some nasty sovereign wealth funds. The involvement of Spooky Frank Carlucci with Carlyle is particularly gross.

Yep….and carried interest is icing on the cake.
“I wish you would!”
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:12 am

Management is derelict.

Try to understand this:

Never fired anyone?
No we have. But why would you WANT to fire someone that makes your company money?

Those in the defense industry know.

"Butts in seats" build that overhead.

The government has the need for the service, and approved the proposal, cost, and headcount. There are different types of contracts. Right now there is no such thing as a "best value." Everyhting is "LPTA" Lowest Price, technically acceptable. Companies are taking the risk, putting people on overhead and cutting costs to win. Meanwhile, the Gov't gets what they pay for.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:17 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:29 am

Yep….and carried interest is icing on the cake.
I’m as much for govt arbitrage as anyone and yet I’ve never found the carrier interest argument for non taxation compelling (or feeing up a business and those dollars going into the GPS pockets but separate issue)
Typical Lax Dad

kramerica.inc wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:23 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:12 am

Management is derelict.

Try to understand this:

Never fired anyone?
No we have. But why would you WANT to fire someone that makes your company money?

Those in the defense industry know.

"Butts in seats" build that overhead.

The government has the need for the service, and approved the proposal, cost, and headcount. There are different types of contracts. Right now there is no such thing as a "best value." Everyhting is "LPTA" Lowest Price, technically acceptable. Companies are taking the risk, putting people on overhead and cutting costs to win. Meanwhile, the Gov't gets what they pay for.
You be only fire people that don’t make the company money? How does your accounting system account for that?
“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:56 am Image

https://ktvz.com/news/national-world/cn ... ot-uptake/

Oddly, in a state with almost zero mandates, Florida, HHS Florida hospitals reported yesterday 2.55% positivity in FL.

Compare to:
2.97% in NJ
3.73% in VT
4.59% in NY
6.16% Nationwide
8.42% in NH

8A06BE51-5FD1-4CEA-9B8B-123DD44086C0.jpeg
8A06BE51-5FD1-4CEA-9B8B-123DD44086C0.jpeg (91.35 KiB) Viewed 997 times

In the most vaxxed places on earth and the most vaxxed states in America, Covid cases are rising.

Yet to libs, it is still heresy to question the strategy or talk about alternative treatments.
a fan

Post by a fan »

ggait wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:01 pm
So if the mouth breather governors want to keep letting the workplaces in their states go up in Covid flames, they can choose to do that in their own laboratories of democracy.
And their fellow Americans have to pick up the tab, and pay for the care.

Par for the course----they want complete independence...right up until the bill arrives. Then they want "someone else" to pay for their choices.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:26 pm Yet to libs, it is still heresy to question the strategy or talk about alternative treatments.
Feel free to talk about the strategy (which was the Republican strategy) and alternative treatments, but chuckleheads should get vaccinated in the meantime if able.

But since we're talking about strategy, let's roll that beautiful bean footage:

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:13 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:37 am I asked a while ago. Who on this board is raising their hand to be the first in line to get that vaccine?

Me!! Anyone should. Let’s roll and do this. Time to get back to being #1!!!!

Go Hounds!!!
Peter Brown wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 3:14 pm More bad news for Democrats; vaccine on track to be the fastest ever developed.

https://www.newyorker.com/science/medic ... -developed

Once we beat Covid, how will Dems continue to harm the economy? What’s their next move?
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:18 am Well boys, final trials of Covid vaccine have begun.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronaviru ... -in-people

I am predicting that the American scientists and entrepreneurs will win, and that the negative nabob Democrats will lose.

Never underestimate Americans. Especially where and when the profit incentive exists.

Back to work!!!!!! (this might be irrelevant advice for most Dems as many of them don't work and those that do don't want to, but still, for the normals out there, let's get back at it!!!)

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:16 am Hey which one of you Maryland chuckleheads was first to be immunized against Covid?

https://nypost.com/2020/07/09/maryland- ... -covid-19/

Vaccines will be commonplace by October. Strap in.
Peter Brown wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 2:50 pm Sure. And I think there will be a suitable vaccine by September, followed by mass production and distribution by November.
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:16 pm Can I also get the vaccine that's coming out? You may not have heard about it over the hysteria noise. You will read about in the mainstream media on November 4th though.
Peter Brown wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 12:01 pm One, a vaccine will come; and when it does, the economy will rocket. Two, consumer goods and services spending accounts for 70% of the US economy. It is way easier to re-ignite consumer spending and services than industrial.
Peter Brown wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 3:00 pm Here is the deal: unless you are obese or over 70 years of age, you will not die. You should practice safe standards as always until the vaccine comes out, and perhaps if I lived in NY or any congested city I might be a tad more careful, but everywhere else should be fine to open as Florida is doing.
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:51 am If you want to hear the positive news about beating this virus, you can find it in certain media every day; unfortunately you need to do the hunting yourself, since it doesn't show up on the front pages of most large American media (and is almost never discussed by the MSM on television). Actually, most American media go out of their way to downplay the inventions and hopes; that's the weirdest thing, almost like they want the virus to wreck a society. You can sometimes see what Trump means by 'fake news' or 'anti-American'...most of our media are negative nabobs whose heart is obviously with Democrats.

Anyway, a vaccine will roll out much sooner than people predict. Every company in the world in the space of healthcare is racing to be the one to find the 'cure'. Never underestimate human ingenuity; humans always win. See below for a good primer.
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”