The Nation's Financial Condition

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Farfromgeneva

Re: The Nation's Financial Condition

Post by Farfromgeneva »

a fan wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:50 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:49 am
a fan wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:34 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:11 am This is a good point. If you can pick someone off you should.
I just checked with my crew. None of them are art appraisers. So that's out. ;)
How about this, if I locate a Picasso owner, lend me a bottle, I’ll personally guaranty payment plus 15% per annum and give you a kicker of 15% of what I make on a trade above the first 15% (a waterfall) so you get some upside. I know some appraisal house professionals. I’ll take care of the rest.
Whoa. All for a $50 bottle of booze? Sold!!
IF I locate a Picasso owner who wants your gear sure. I don’t mind sharing the wealth and since I’m not drinking for the time being I can’t enjoy it enough to pay for it. The smartest guys I know spread it around and keep a lot of friends who bring them deal flow.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

a fan wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:50 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:49 am
a fan wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:34 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:11 am This is a good point. If you can pick someone off you should.
I just checked with my crew. None of them are art appraisers. So that's out. ;)
How about this, if I locate a Picasso owner, lend me a bottle, I’ll personally guaranty payment plus 15% per annum and give you a kicker of 15% of what I make on a trade above the first 15% (a waterfall) so you get some upside. I know some appraisal house professionals. I’ll take care of the rest.
Whoa. All for a $50 bottle of booze? Sold!!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F_vp6NEhuH0
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

S&P confirmed Florida's AAA Stable rating – highest rating available.

Of note: "Florida’s GO bonds are eligible to be rated above the sovereign because we believe the state can maintain better credit characteristics than the U.S. in a stress scenario."

Winning. More credit worthy than the US.

Governor Desantis is the president we need.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

These bonds have a lot more relative value

https://www.fitchratings.com/research/u ... 26-03-2019
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/10/inflati ... -some.html

If your a middle class average schmoe... it is one step forward and two steps back. Those of us that heat our homes with natural gas will be hit hard by the increase. There are not too many people talking about sticker shock at our local grocery stores. Who can afford chicken wings anymore? There is a local restaurant where I live that is charging 18 dollars for a dozen wings. The price of gas almost makes a person want to buy an electric car. Too bad the cost of electricity is also soaring. You will never win if you live in middle class America. Every policy change that comes out of DC always hits you in your wallet. Biden is thinking of shutting down another pipeline in Michigan.. brilliant timing on that one. :roll:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:40 am https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/10/inflati ... -some.html

If your a middle class average schmoe... it is one step forward and two steps back. Those of us that heat our homes with natural gas will be hit hard by the increase. There are not too many people talking about sticker shock at our local grocery stores. Who can afford chicken wings anymore? There is a local restaurant where I live that is charging 18 dollars for a dozen wings. The price of gas almost makes a person want to buy an electric car. Too bad the cost of electricity is also soaring. You will never win if you live in middle class America. Every policy change that comes out of DC always hits you in your wallet. Biden is thinking of shutting down another pipeline in Michigan.. brilliant timing on that one. :roll:
Just curious: how is the GOP helping that struggling middle class?
CU88

Post by CU88 »

seacoaster wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:43 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:40 am https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/10/inflati ... -some.html

I am sure a simple search will find many comments on how the Great Tax Cut would generate decades of 4% growth. Trickle Down Baby!

And another search will find even more of Debt Does Not Matter...

With the solar panels on my house I no longer send a check to PEPCO and I plug in my Tesla for "free".
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

CU88 wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:09 am

I am sure a simple search will find many comments on how the Great Tax Cut would generate decades of 4% growth. Trickle Down Baby!

With the solar panels on my house I no longer send a check to PEPCO and I plug in my Tesla for "free".
Curious, what do you spend/month to pay off or lease the solar panels....and what is their life expextancy?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:39 am

Curious, what do you spend/month to pay off or lease the solar panels....and what is their life expextancy?
My guess is that the interest on it isn’t the biggest nut he has to cover monthly.

https://www.crfb.org/papers/how-high-ar ... t-payments
“I wish you would!”
CU88

Post by CU88 »

My city government, Rockville, put together a Solar Co-Op and negotiated great purchase/installation rates for about 150 members/homeowners, who all purchased systems for installation in 2020; at about a 25% discount to the prevailing individual purchase rate. The City has a Green Manager who drives the Co-Op, they initially planned to do one every three (3) years but due to demand are doing a new one each year. Textbook economy of scale for purchase power, but the selected contractor struggled, COVID & manpower issues, to get all installed by the end of that year. I had an initial installation date for August, but it happened in October. We all bought the system outright, I heard that they now are considering teh Lease option, and we all received a 26% tax credit from FED's and MD. Based on this last years numbers, I expect to pay it off in 7 years. I also have a broker who sells my generated "solar renewable energy credits" each quarter on the open market, a taxable income stream that I have to report. But I have not complaints. I paid $15k all-in, pre-tax & credits, including the Tesla charger install at my garage. Panels are guaranteed for 20 years of at least 80% efficiency.

My brother doesn't have solar, too many trees in Severna Park, but Tesla and BGE work together, via the Telsa App, to allow his car to charge when the BGE power rates are at their cheapest. He comes home plugs it in, if needed, and than at some point overnight it charges for 1-2 hours to top off the battery. He can pull out of his garage every day with a full charge, 350 miles of range.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Not one little bit. I do think Biden has made some poor decisions regarding oil and natural gas. The Rs do what they always do. They complain about what is wrong hoping to use the issue the get elected.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Tesla’s aren’t cheap. I have a coupon clipper friend who made $150-$200k/yr in Atlanta but was able to retire at like 52 because he leased a Leaf or little electric car early in the subsidy game, would charge it overnight when rates are lower while also running his dishwasher and laundry overnight and basically was getting paid to own the car vs his but with light vehicle combustible engine based cars.

But that’s very different than everyone buying Tesla. And those subsidies have largely gone away. Heck Tesla is still only turning a profit now, 15yrs in, because they sell tax credits not on a pure operating basis.

The ROI or simple payback on solar panels is too long absent serious subsidies (better than I’ve seen in multiple states recently). My business partner in raleigh covered his roof a year ago so he could get off Duke Energy’s grid, sold the house this summer but in hindsight didn’t really get any bump in selling it w panels vs without so it was an expensive year of solar energy for him. There’s a mismatch between the 15-20yr payback on the panels and the avg time in a home which is 3-10yrs. That has to be solved for in order for that Avenue to make sense broadly.

I literally just got off the phone with a specialty lender who makes Commercial Property Assessment Clean Energy loans we may engage with on some business. It’s a great progress in the clean energy world but folks should not get ahead of themselves that this will be a completely overhaul in 3-7yrs. It’s still a generation away for a full transformation.

https://acore.org/wp-content/uploads/20 ... 0-2023.pdf
Last edited by Farfromgeneva on Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:40 am

My guess is that the interest on it isn’t the biggest nut he has to cover monthly.

https://www.crfb.org/papers/how-high-ar ... t-payments
It’s a high teen year simple payback on buying the panels.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Yep. And Pete and his buddies are wasting their time stoking fear, without fixing one single economic problem that TrumpNation is facing...20+ years, playing the same stupid game, ignoring real problems facing middleAmerica. You can't eat fear or meantweets.

Oh well. Enjoy the inflation! And yep, QE and trillion in spending (all of it borrowed) will indeed get you in the end. (and yes I get that's only a contributing factor)
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

CU88 wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:14 am

My city government, Rockville, put together a Solar Co-Op and negotiated great purchase/installation rates for about 150 members/homeowners, who all purchased systems for installation in 2020; at about a 25% discount to the prevailing individual purchase rate. The City has a Green Manager who drives the Co-Op, they initially planned to do one every three (3) years but due to demand are doing a new one each year. Textbook economy of scale for purchase power, but the selected contractor struggled, COVID & manpower issues, to get all installed by the end of that year. I had an initial installation date for August, but it happened in October. We all bought the system outright, I heard that they now are considering teh Lease option, and we all received a 26% tax credit from FED's and MD. Based on this last years numbers, I expect to pay it off in 7 years. I also have a broker who sells my generated "solar renewable energy credits" each quarter on the open market, a taxable income stream that I have to report. But I have not complaints. I paid $15k all-in, pre-tax & credits, including the Tesla charger install at my garage. Panels are guaranteed for 20 years of at least 80% efficiency.

My brother doesn't have solar, too many trees in Severna Park, but Tesla and BGE work together, via the Telsa App, to allow his car to charge when the BGE power rates are at their cheapest. He comes home plugs it in, if needed, and than at some point overnight it charges for 1-2 hours to top off the battery. He can pull out of his garage every day with a full charge, 350 miles of range.
Thanks. My home would certainly benefit....ranch style with a large sq/ft roof footprint, faces SE but if tilted accurately the sun would hit most of roof all day. And with just the wife and I home, our electric bills are very low by comparison, typically under $150 in the dog days of summer and very cold days of winter. Shoulder months they were around $75 I am quite diligent with how I mange my HVAC and temp in the home without sacrificing comfort. I am just having a hard time justifying the expense, then dealing with the brokerage aspect...and wondering when and if they are going to squeeze me because I have them.

I feel like the utility company should provide them if they want us to unload their burden, while pushing electrification everything. Seems to me, they are not truly serious yet, and the burden is harry-homeowner.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:57 am

Thanks. My home would certainly benefit....ranch style with a large sq/ft roof footprint, faces SE but if tilted accurately the sun would hit most of roof all day. And with just the wife and I home, our electric bills are very low by comparison, typically under $150 in the dog days of summer and very cold days of winter. Shoulder months they were around $75 I am quite diligent with how I mange my HVAC and temp in the home without sacrificing comfort. I am just having a hard time justifying the expense, then dealing with the brokerage aspect...and wondering when and if they are going to squeeze me because I have them.

I feel like the utility company should provide them if they want us to unload their burden, while pushing electrification everything. Seems to me, they are not truly serious yet, and the burden is harry-homeowner.
You’re buddy would appreciate this but I’ve been telling my FIL his EE firm should get into the panel installation game in their data center work for like 3yrs given the vast energy consumption those things use (and more progressive tech related customer base who’s more quick to pay for such features)
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:00 pm

You’re buddy would appreciate this but I’ve been telling my FIL his EE firm should get into the panel installation game in their data center work for like 3yrs given the vast energy consumption those things use (and more progressive tech related customer base who’s more quick to pay for such features)
The problem, is that the data center rooves are mostly covered with HVAC equipment, and b/c land is so expensive they are now going up/rather than out. People like google have figured out how to transition their server loads to follow the sun in order have the most burdened loads running on servers that at the lowest KW charge. Pretty neat.
~Livy

CU88

Post by CU88 »

I think that the local goverment needs to step up, like Rockville, and help get panels onto all properties; not just homes. I sell surplus to PEPCO. I was surprised at the efficiency of the panels, only on half of my roof. I missed the chance to replace my gas fired water heater, which was replaced 2 years prior, with an electric heater. I suspect that the next homeowner will make that change, when i retire and move in 14 years. I live in a townhouse within a neo-traditional designed community of 3,000 homes, counting apartment units and condos. I just counted and my block of 19 homes has 7 with solar panels. And I see 4 other homes with Tesla owners and 3 with hybrid cars. I would guess that the overall community is at 5% homes with panels. The big change I see these days in the 1980's style office parks, is covering surface parking lots with elevated solar panels. Kaiser Permanente just covered a massive parking lot with those 15 foot tall "carports" for panels. Seems like a win-win-win for everyone; shade and snow protection for cars, reduced sun heating asphalt, and energy for the owner/tenant. The whole equation is not just about money, IMHO.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:11 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:00 pm

The problem, is that the data center rooves are mostly covered with HVAC equipment, and b/c land is so expensive they are now going up/rather than out. People like google have figured out how to transition their server loads to follow the sun in order have the most burdened loads running on servers that at the lowest KW charge. Pretty neat.
I don’t know the technical aspects nearly as well as just a “paper pusher financier” but makes sense. Have mentioned this but probably why Facebook likes this flat open area east of Atlanta so much they keep adding onto the project and the FILs firm had to create a separate JV business entity to supply more labor to it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ajc.co ... utType=amp
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Nation Continues to See Record Rent Growth
Yardi Matrix: Average U.S. asking rent reaches high of $1,572 in October.
By Christine Serlin

The average U.S. asking rent increased by $23 in October to a record high of $1,572, according to Yardi Matrix’s Multifamily National Report. In addition, asking rents were up 13.7% year over year.

This continued growth has been driven by an ongoing surge in demand that started in the spring, according to the report. The average occupancy rate of stabilized properties also has reached a record 96.1% in September, a 1.4% year-over-year increase.

“Since March, the average U.S. asking rent has increased by $179, or roughly the amount of increase over the previous five years combined,” stated the report. “The question now is how long before the market begins to decelerate to some semblance of normal growth. If typical seasonal patterns hold, growth will soon recede.”

Yardi Matrix said historically rent increases tend to flatten between September and March, with analysts expecting growth starting to slow as short-term factors like the impact of stimulus funds and pent-up consumer demand are met.

In almost a quarter of Yardi Matrix’s top 30 markets, rents were up 20% or more year over year, with Phoenix topping the list at 26.3%. Tampa, Florida, and Las Vegas also experienced strong rent growth at 25.8% and 23%, respectively. In 23 of the top 30 markets, rents were up by at least 10% year over year. Minneapolis at 4.8% was the only metro with asking rents up less than 5%. According to Yardi Matrix, even metros that typically see slower growth have experienced gains, including Baltimore, 13%; Philadelphia, 10.7%; and Indianapolis, 10.4%.

This rent growth isn’t contained to the nation’s largest markets. In the 20 metros outside the top 30, 14 saw double-digit year-over-year rent growth, with the Southwest Florida Coast leading the way at 29.1%, followed by Jacksonville, Florida, at 21.7%, and Tucson at 20.1%.

Asking rents nationally rose 1.5% in October, a 50-basis point acceleration from the previous month. Month over month, rents in high-end Lifestyle units increased 1.6% in October while Renter-by-Necessity units rose by 1.2%.

The Sun Belt continues to see strong month-over-month growth, with rents rising by 2% or more in eight metros—Phoenix and Orlando, Florida, at 2.5%; Miami, California’s Orange County, and Las Vegas at 2.4%; Tampa, Florida, at 2.3%; Atlanta at 2.1%; and Charlotte, North Carolina, at 2%.

No metros registered negative growth overall month over month in October. Gateway metros also saw solid rent increases, including New York at 1.6%, Los Angeles at 1.4%, Boston at 1.3%, and Washington, D.C., at 1.1%.

Single-family rents also continue to rise, up 14.7% year over year nationally. According to Yardi Matrix, demand is strong in the fast-growing regions in Florida and the Southwest that are benefiting from in-migration trends.

Growth is strong across the board, but some metros are seeing rent increases topping 40%, such as Miami at 41.9% and Tampa at 41%. Phoenix follows at 24.8%. The occupancy rate was up 0.8% year over year through September but is inconsistent on the metro level. Texas metros led the nation in occupancy growth, with Houston at 9.1%, San Antonio at 7%, and Austin at 3.3%, while nine metros saw flat or negative occupancy growth, according to Yardi Matrix.

Return to “POLITICS”