All things Chinese CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

ardilla secreta

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by ardilla secreta »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:18 am ... there is no amount of money that could persuade me to move to Florida, even if Goebbels moved out of state. :lol: Colorado would be a very different conversation. But not planning on going anywhere.
Not even to Del Boca Vista Phase II?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

ardilla secreta wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:40 pm
jhu72 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:18 am ... there is no amount of money that could persuade me to move to Florida, even if Goebbels moved out of state. :lol: Colorado would be a very different conversation. But not planning on going anywhere.
... don't know what that is. Been to Florida for a half dozen business trips and two family vacations. Never been attracted to the place. Generally don't care for beaches, like mountains a lot.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:52 pm
... don't know what that is. Been to Florida for a half dozen business trips and two family vacations. Never been attracted to the place. Generally don't care for beaches, like mountains a lot.

No one asked for a novel, jhu. Ardilla was making a joke. :lol:

Anyhoo, Florida doesn’t need any lefties, so feel free to stay where you are. If you do come here, I’ll ship you a Trump flag for your boat. :lol:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I am sooo super psyched for spending a week at the Disney resort next Feb!

Actually I am excited if only for my kids who haven’t been there but aside from wishing I could take shrooms and go on
It’s a Small World ride over and over and over again I personally would rather get an enema. Unfortunately Disney will be placing a money enema in me for that trip so I lose that way as well.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:36 pm

Actually I am excited if only for my kids who haven’t been there but aside from wishing I could take shrooms and go on
It’s a Small World ride over and over and over again I personally would rather get an enema. Unfortunately Disney will be placing a money enema in me for that trip so I lose that way as well.
... hear ya. Kids been to Disney World, Universal and Busch Gardens (Tampa) for vacation. Frankly I prefer Busch Gardens in Williamsburg to all three. Of the three I think my kids preferred Universal at the time.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

You must not be a Seinfeld fan…..
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:50 pm

... hear ya. Kids been to Disney World, Universal and Busch Gardens (Tampa) for vacation. Frankly I prefer Busch Gardens in Williamsburg to all three. Of the three I think my kids preferred Universal at the time.
Me too on Busch Gardens, been to that very one when I went with my mother and grandmother on a trip to colonial Williamsburg twice way back when. But..I just introduced my kids to roller coasters and related rides at a carnival and showed my son the Busch gardens website and they aren’t ready for those rides yet based their reactions.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:12 pm

Me too on Busch Gardens, been to that very one when I went with my mother and grandmother on a trip to colonial Williamsburg twice way back when. But..I just introduced my kids to roller coasters and related rides at a carnival and showed my son the Busch gardens website and they aren’t ready for those rides yet based their reactions.
I will never get father of the year for this..... I told my kids that Disney was more for teenagers when they were younger, then as they got older I told them it was changed for young kids. I hate crowds, especially with the little ones in tow....for me it would have been anxiety filled trip, I'd rather flush 2k down the drain.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:22 pm

I will never get father of the year for this..... I told my kids that Disney was more for teenagers when they were younger, then as they got older I told them it was changed for young kids. I hate crowds, especially with the little ones in tow....for me it would have been anxiety filled trip, I'd rather flush 2k down the drain.
Give me $2k! It’ll cover half this one that resort is stupid expensive for builder grade type finishes etc. You're renting the real estate really nothing more, like Sbarro pizza at airports.

The whole thing was pushed on me. I’d rather throw them to the Grand Canyon, AZ around Scottsdale or Yosemite and do it up. Heck I only spent $10-$12k for three weeks in India and Nepal (admittedly about 10yrs ago and had some lodging covered when in and using dehli as home base as we stayed with one of my best friends who was on govt housing there as a DOD employee-I know this because I dropped my sons seed in during that trip, potentially in my boy’s house!).
Last edited by Farfromgeneva on Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:20 pm

Give me $2k! It’ll cover half this one that resort is stupid expensive for builder grade type finishes etc. You're renting the real estate really nothing more, like Sbarro pizza at airports.

The whole thing was pushed on me. I’d rather throw them to the Grand Canyon, AZ around Scottsdale or Yosemite and do it up. Heck is only spent $10-$12k for three weeks in India and Nepal (admittedly about 10yrs ago and had some lodging covered when in and suing dehli as home base as we stayed with one of my best friends who was on govt housing there as a DOD employee-I know this because I dropped my sons seed in during that trip, potentially in my boy’s house!).
🤣
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

lol, no foy for you! that's child abuse. we went when my oldest was a tall 6, just enough to hit all the rides with me. he was nervous for a bunch of them, but never said no, and still loves coasters.

we went in late may, said eff it and pulled them outta school for a week so it was getting balmy & we could avoid mucho crowds. wasn't desolate, but could pop from place to place easily, no lines anywhere. $2k, though, we didn't get outta there for 4x that. had a blast though.

when we did it when i was a kid, it was clark griswold and vacation all the way down the east coast in a station wagon, pool and sleep during the day and hit rides after midnight to get 10 in per hour.
Last edited by wgdsr on Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... all of my kids are roller coaster aficionados - all now in their 30s. From their youngest visits they loved them. The youngest drove my wife crazy not being tall enough for a long time while the boys and I rode them. We used to plan family vacations around amusement parks with the best coasters. The boys when old enough to drive would take weekend trips to amusement parks (do to this day, sister now joins them). Oldest son is a civil engineer. He discovered his love for civil engineering because of his love for roller coasters.

We did Busch Gardens Williamsburg every year from the time the boys were old enough to ride through to high school.
Last edited by jhu72 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:36 pm

... all of my kids are roller coaster aficionados - all now in their 30s. From their youngest visits they loved them. The youngest drove my wife crazy not being tall enough for a long time while the boys and I rode them. We used to plan family vacations around amusement parks with the best coasters. The boys when old enough to drive would take weekend trips to amusement parks (do to this day, sister now joins them). Oldest son is a civil engineer. He discovered his love for civil engineering because of his love for roller coasters.
That’s cool. They’ll get their share for sure. There’s a six flags just outside of town (west siiide) but I had to con my son into a couple a month or so ago and he liked them but have to ease him in. My daughter is not the most adventuresome person but I’ll get her there if I have to do some emotional manipulation.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Some people really need the pandemic to last forever because it makes them feel validated and important.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:40 pm

That’s cool. They’ll get their share for sure. There’s a six flags just outside of town (west siiide) but I had to con my son into a couple a month or so ago and he liked them but have to ease him in. My daughter is not the most adventuresome person but I’ll get her there if I have to do some emotional manipulation.
Get the oldest boy hooked, the girl will follow.

Think we have been to Six Flags outside Atlanta, way back when we were doing a vacation through Tennesse, Alabama, Georgia and South Carolina. Kids (and Dad) were also big civil war history fans.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:50 pm

Think we have been to Six Flags outside Atlanta, way back when we were doing a vacation through Tennesse, Alabama, Georgia and South Carolina. Kids (and Dad) were also big civil war history fans.
Would make sense as it’s Douglasville basically right off I20 which takes you straight into Birmingham AL.

Your son should go check out a spot called Tivoli Gardens in Copenhagen. Oldest working roller coaster in the world (I believe). And painful as hell like getting into a car wreck with the bumps and janky nature of it. But still pretty cool and a beautiful park in the middle of the city not far from their central station.

https://www.tivoligardens.com/en/haven- ... tschebanen
Typical Lax Dad

We did Busch Gardens Williamsburg every year from the time the boys were old enough to ride through to high school.
Have you visited Cedar Point?
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:12 pm

Have you visited Cedar Point?
... oldest son has. Loved it. I have not.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:00 pm
jhu72 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:50 pm

Would make sense as it’s Douglasville basically right off I20 which takes you straight into Birmingham AL.

Your son should go check out a spot called Tivoli Gardens in Copenhagen. Oldest working roller coaster in the world (I believe). And painful as hell like getting into a car wreck with the bumps and janky nature of it. But still pretty cool and a beautiful park in the middle of the city not far from their central station.

https://www.tivoligardens.com/en/haven- ... tschebanen
... I've been, the summer of 1973 when I was biking around Europe for 3 months.

Return to “POLITICS”