~46~ Lame Duck Unfit Uncle Joe Biden ~46~

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: ~46~ Old Uncle Joe Biden ~46~

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Well, that's a nice post. Agreed.

Forgive us for wondering whether you are trolling though...you "happen to think he's not one" (racist) and all those pro athletes, many of them black, must be wrong to think so?...have you considered that perhaps their perspective is far more acute than yours?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:02 pm Well, that's a nice post. Agreed.

Forgive us for wondering whether you are trolling though...you "happen to think he's not one" (racist) and all those pro athletes, many of them black, must be wrong to think so?...have you considered that perhaps their perspective is far more acute than yours?

In my post, I said perception is reality, so whether he is or isn’t is besides the point: he’s perceived as racist and that’s what counts. Trump, as we all know, can’t help talking about everything, often to his detriment. For instance, he went on and on about the central park five, way past that due date of simply allowing justice to do its work and let the results speak for themselves.

And then Trump had to blast Kapernick, when a more nuanced response would have helped. Then he blasted Lebron. I mean, c’mon man, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Republicans need a leader who is genuinely curious and enthralled by valuable black culture like a Sunday morning church baptist service in South Carolina (better yet, the picnic afterwards), or a boys hoops game in Baltimore City between Dunbar and Walbrook, or attending a Kid Creole and the Coconuts concert. You can’t fake your interest…either you find it wildly amazing (I do), or you will never get blacks to cross over. I want someone who genuinely appreciates black culture without being fake or pandering. And you can maintain your conservative bona fides when you do.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:11 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:33 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:08 am
tech37 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:15 am
jhu72 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:52 am
a fan wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:17 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:03 pm I think we both agree it was a mess and we both agree we are happy to be out of there. We expected better from someone that has been on the inside for so long, has been in touch with the military for so long.....it just leaves a bad taste the way in which it all transpired.
Without question!! It was a *hitshow, and we're lucky the casualties were as low as they were.

And yep, it was politically motivated as well.....partially to withdraw away from elections, and partially to keep the Generals and political considerations from changing the order to get out.

The point I was making was, from the time Trump announced we're leaving, until the point where the last man left was almost exactly a year, as Biden stated in the video. A moot point...I'll grant you that.
... like it was ever going to happen some other way. :roll:
MSNBC/CNN talking points... great post 72
You been watching MSNBC/CNN, tech?
Ohh the horror! Say it ain't so...
I thought you were only bothered by folks being brainwashed by FOX News? i apologize in advance for interjecting myself in your conversation. I'm pretty sure that would be your typical next complaint... :P It is a good thing you don't play poker old sod. You are way to predictable to ever win. If you ever want to be separated from your hard earned money, there will always be a seat waiting for you at our table.
:?: what are you talking about?
I'm being facetious, I thought you would figure it out. I was wrong.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:53 am
youthathletics wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:03 pm I think we both agree it was a mess and we both agree we are happy to be out of there. We expected better from someone that has been on the inside for so long, has been in touch with the military for so long.....it just leaves a bad taste the way in which it all transpired.
Without question!! It was a *hitshow, and we're lucky the casualties were as low as they were.

And yep, it was politically motivated as well.....partially to withdraw away from elections, and partially to keep the Generals and political considerations from changing the order to get out.

The point I was making was, from the time Trump announced we're leaving, until the point where the last man left was almost exactly a year, as Biden stated in the video. A moot point...I'll grant you that.
I thought you were only bothered by folks being brainwashed by FOX News? i apologize in advance for interjecting myself in your conversation. I'm pretty sure that would be your typical next complaint... :P It is a good thing you don't play poker old sod. You are way to predictable to ever win. If you ever want to be separated from your hard earned money, there will always be a seat waiting for you at our table.
ok, meeting my facetious comment to tech with your own?
I was kidding him. And I understood your first line to be such as well.

I just didn't understand what the 'predictable' and 'old sod' and poker references were about. I had no 'complaint about your interjecting', this is an open thread. I'm a frequent 'interjector'...you might be referring to Salty who often complains that someone (like me) is interjecting into a discussion he's having with another poster...somehow he must think those discussions are closed...the only things I ask of others is to add something of substance or perhaps funny to the discussion, on point, not just anger and vitriol...so kidding me certainly would not be an issue.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:56 am .you might be referring to Salty who often complains that someone (like me) is interjecting into a discussion he's having with another poster...somehow he must think those discussions are closed...the only things I ask of others is to add something of substance or perhaps funny to the discussion, on point, not just anger and vitriol...so kidding me certainly would not be an issue.
Often when you interject you have obviously not been following the discussion, read the links, & divert it in an entirely different direction.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:56 am

I just didn't understand what the 'predictable' and 'old sod' and poker references were about. I had no 'complaint about your interjecting', this is an open thread. I'm a frequent 'interjector'...you might be referring to Salty who often complains that someone (like me) is interjecting into a discussion he's having with another poster...somehow he must think those discussions are closed...the only things I ask of others is to add something of substance or perhaps funny to the discussion, on point, not just anger and vitriol...so kidding me certainly would not be an issue.
You may not remember, old guys like you and i suffer from this from time to time. You scolded me for interjecting in a conversation you were having with another poster. Old sod, if you had paid attention over the course of years is a moniker that a Fan uses from time to time. You can even check with him if you like, it is never said in disrespect. I'm stunned for a guy who spends as much time on this forum as yourself never heard it before. The poker analogy i used also sailed clear over your head. Poker players always love gullible people that can easily be manipulated. They like taking their money. If you ever get curious, check out the WPT on your local TV. Even an old guy like yourself can edumacate yourself about what Texas Hold em is all about. The relevance to our politicians is scary, once you understand the concept of bluffing your opponent.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:35 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:56 am .you might be referring to Salty who often complains that someone (like me) is interjecting into a discussion he's having with another poster...somehow he must think those discussions are closed...the only things I ask of others is to add something of substance or perhaps funny to the discussion, on point, not just anger and vitriol...so kidding me certainly would not be an issue.
Often when you interject you have obviously not been following the discussion, read the links, & divert it in an entirely different direction.
:lol: while that could and I'm sure has happened that I missed a link, it's always actually on topic, not a diversion or unrelated. And even that's been rare relative to you seeming to simply object to my adding anything contrary to your point of view on a topic...you tell me to butt out, you were having a discussion with "X", not me. Uh huh... :roll:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:54 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:56 am

You may not remember, old guys like you and i suffer from this from time to time. You scolded me for interjecting in a conversation you were having with another poster. Old sod, if you had paid attention over the course of years is a moniker that a Fan uses from time to time. You can even check with him if you like, it is never said in disrespect. I'm stunned for a guy who spends as much time on this forum as yourself never heard it before. The poker analogy i used also sailed clear over your head. Poker players always love gullible people that can easily be manipulated. They like taking their money. If you ever get curious, check out the WPT on your local TV. Even an old guy like yourself can edumacate yourself about what Texas Hold em is all about. The relevance to our politicians is scary, once you understand the concept of bluffing your opponent.
ohh, I understood each of your expressions, I simply didn't follow your logic as to why they applied to me.

I'm not 'a fan', so why call me 'old sod'? I've never used the expression with you, heck I don't think I've even called you 'old cranky'. ;)

And I'm quite familiar with poker and its various expressions, I just saw no connection with my having been gullible about anything...just seemed rather out of the blue.

And I don't recall scolding you for simply 'interjecting', adding your two cents...however, if you came into a conversation, guns blazing, ranting away, insulting away, then sure, I'd object to that sort of 'interjection'. But it wasn't your participation that would have spurred that response.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

White House tells businesses to proceed with vaccine mandate despite court-ordered pause

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/08/biden-v ... rm=vaccine
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:21 pm White House tells businesses to proceed with vaccine mandate despite court-ordered pause

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/08/biden-v ... rm=vaccine
The White House on Monday said businesses should move forward with President Joe Biden’s vaccine and testing requirements for private businesses, despite a federal appeals court ordering a temporary halt to the rules.

“People should not wait,” White House Deputy Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre told reporters during a briefing. “They should continue to move forward and make sure they’re getting their workplace vaccinated.”
MDlaxfan76

The Biden Presidency

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Seriously, the thread is showing as "Let's go Brandon" ?
kramerica.inc

Re: ~46~ Let's go Brandon! ~46~

Post by kramerica.inc »

Businesses warn of 'irreparable harm' if no permanent stay of Biden vaccine rule

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/11/0 ... ule-520548
kramerica.inc

~46~ Let's go Brandon! ~46~

Post by kramerica.inc »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:05 am Seriously, the thread is showing as "Let's go Brandon" ?
And?
MDlaxfan76

Re: The Biden Presidency

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:06 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:05 am Seriously, the thread is showing as "Let's go Brandon" ?
And?
You know the and.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:06 am
And?
You know the and.
Orange Duce?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:07 am
And?
You know the and.
Orange Duce?
FU too

It's just trolling.

You'll note I've never started a thread, named a thread with any offensive, trolling label. But you did with ChinaVirus, now this...it's your prerogative, but mine is to say I think it's trolling behavior.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:08 am
And?
You know the and.
Orange Duce?
FU too
Sheesh. We all had a few laughs and accepted the Orange Duce thread.

Lighten up, Francis.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:13 am
And?
You know the and.
Orange Duce?
FU too

Lighten up, Francis.
uh huh, It's just trolling.

You'll note I've never started a thread, named a thread with any offensive, trolling label. But you did with China Virus, now this...it's your prerogative, but mine is to say I think it's trolling behavior.
kramerica.inc

~46~ Let's go Brandon! ~46~

Post by kramerica.inc »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:14 am
And?
You know the and.
Orange Duce?
FU too

Lighten up, Francis.

You'll note I've never started a thread, named a thread with any offensive, trolling label. But you did with China Virus, now this...it's your prerogative, but mine is to say I think it's trolling behavior.
Me and quite a few others here thought the same of the Orange Duce thread. We got over it too. Stop taking things so seriously, MD. What's good for the goose, is good for the gander.
MDlaxfan76

Re: ~46~ Let's go Brandon! ~46~

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:19 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:14 am
And?
You know the and.
Orange Duce?
FU too

Lighten up, Francis.

Me and quite a few others here thought the same of the Orange Duce thread. We got over it too. Stop taking things so seriously, MD. What's good for the goose, is good for the gander.
:D and I'll continue to think this is a dumb, offensive "joke".
Again, your prerogative to troll.

Return to “POLITICS”