University of Maryland Terrapins

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Essexfenwick

Re: University of Maryland Terrapins

Post by Essexfenwick »

You’re right. We suck.

Unc invented motley fool and micheal Jordan.

I’ll go back in my hole.
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

Need to add to the list

UMD alumni also invented Pepsi😄

Lacrosse, Crabcakes and Genius. That’s what UMD does!!!

And no illiterates get degrees either.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Taylor Cummings notes favorite title:

OuttaNowhereWregget

Hannah Leubecker—sure to be a force in 2022.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CU8Z9VuF ... =copy_link
OuttaNowhereWregget

Aurora! sporting the new colors. She is a rare player to watch--graceful and nimble and I'll even go so far as to say dainty at times. Yet she is a fierce competitor on the inside. One only catches a glimpse now and then because she keeps her fire well concealed. It will be interesting to see if she develops chemistry with anyone of her new teammates. She had decent numbers across the board last year including the less flashy stats like GB's, CTO's and DC's. I hope she has a great final year.

Yes, dainty:

Lax101

Post by Lax101 »

Did Leubecker get hurt this weekend? Too many injuries in the sport of lax.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Lax101 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:30 pm Did Leubecker get hurt this weekend? Too many injuries in the sport of lax.
All things considered, it’s the same in every sport.

No doubt that would be a blow to Maryland. Hannah is an exceptional player who has yet to realize her peak.
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

Lax101 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:30 pm Did Leubecker get hurt this weekend? Too many injuries in the sport of lax.
Are you saying there are more injuries in women's lacrosse than other sports? If that is the case, I don't find that to be true.
Lax101

Post by Lax101 »

Easy people - I'm not sharing a statistical analysis of injuries in women's sports. All I am saying is that there are too many injuries and it is heartbreaking. SU had 2 last year (EH and MC) even EW from that team has had 2 ACL injuries, the Weeks girls from BC have 4 between them and now HL from MD might be in the same boat.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Lax101 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:47 pm Easy people - I'm not sharing a statistical analysis of injuries in women's sports. All I am saying is that there are too many injuries and it is heartbreaking. SU had 2 last year (EH and MC) even EW from that team has had 2 ACL injuries, the Weeks girls from BC have 4 between them and now HL from MD might be in the same boat.
Is the HL thing just hearsay or is that true?
Lax101

Post by Lax101 »

Saw her in recent picture wearing giant knee brace. Definitely an injury of some sort. Wish her well.
OuttaNowhereWregget

#2 overall. Do you concur, Terps fans?

hmmm

Post by hmmm »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:21 am #2 overall. Do you concur, Terps fans?

Athletically absolutely. In terms of stick skills no. She's super fast, at least she was before her injury last spring and I assume she will return to that level. I'm sure her shooting and stick skills will improve as well and you can't teach her speed.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Just a good picture. Especially this time of year...

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Itsallgood

Post by Itsallgood »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:04 pm Just a good picture. Especially this time of year...

Looks like the 2015 UNC game that had to be started over the next day after Terps raced out to a 4-0 lead and the snow covered all of the lines on the field.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Stating the obvious but... Taylor Cummings.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
OuttaNowhereWregget

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:04 pm Just a good picture. Especially this time of year...

Striking
OuttaNowhereWregget

Yet another departure from College Park...

Last edited by OuttaNowhereWregget on Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
TNLAX

Post by TNLAX »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:05 am Yet another departure from College Park...

Not really sure this counts as "another departure" According to Maryland website, she was a senior last year, was on the team for four seasons. So I am making the assumption that she graduated and is going to grad school at USC and will play there because she has eligibility left. Maybe I am wrong???
OuttaNowhereWregget

TNLAX wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:19 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:05 am Yet another departure from College Park...
Not really sure this counts as "another departure" According to Maryland website, she was a senior last year, was on the team for four seasons. So I am making the assumption that she graduated and is going to grad school at USC and will play there because she has eligibility left. Maybe I am wrong???
To me, a departure is a departure, regardless of year or class. Plenty of students are staying for their 5th/extra year at the school they jined up with. This one was interesting (along with the other two student athletes who transferred from Iona and Boston College to USC) due to how late it was. Perhaps these three players found something out during fall ball.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”