All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

Typical Lax Dad

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:39 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:34 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:18 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:28 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:04 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:30 am That begs the question why the usual suspects here are so invested in Rogers. Why?
Gee whiz, Pete. That's a tough one.

Because he's a high profile American, FFS, just like Joe Rogan. And in case it escaped your attention, you've STILL got unvaccinated Floridians pushing up daisies every week, because they're listening to Rogan, Rodgers, and every other boob on the internet. That's why.

We get that you don't give a *hit about unvaccinated people dying from Covid, Pete. Message received.

Way to be woke.
I don’t see your multitude of hysteria posts on Lamar Jackson or Ice Cube or Nikki Minaj. Probably an oversight.
Probably because “deh” Black Petey! It’s reverse racism against A-Aron!!!!!

Free Rogers!

I just finished a meeting with some Chicago guys who are packers fans…odd, but they grew up in Wisconsin.

In any event, you’ll be pleased to know they all support Rogers and think the east coast elites’ takes are bad. That is, most of the Fanlax libs’ takes. They will support the guy when he returns to the lineup.

Aaron is still da man!!!! And no, the reason the Fanlax libs haven’t jumped on Nikki, Ice Cube, or Chappelle is not because off racism but rather institutional laziness. They see Rogers in the mainstream news, so they fall in lockstep like obedient soldiers and echo the chants. Like I said, very little original thought here.

C’mon people, think for yourselves!! Let’s go, America!!!

I love Ice Cube. The dude is real. Should have gotten an Oscar for Doughboy.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:13 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:09 pm
JoeMauer89 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:14 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:04 pm
JoeMauer89 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:49 pm Poster's like myself, tech37, YA, OS, C&S and other's are made to feel as if were are uneducated fools because we question the narrow minded narrative that permeates this thread. ggait is the worst offender of the bunch. He is a as divisive as the come. I bet he doesn't have the cojones to say some of the things he says about "Mouth-Breathers" to their face. For a so called lawyer his posts are incredibly petty and full of hatred. Who the hell gives a turd if Aaron Rodgers is unvaccinated or not? Who they hell care's if he lied to his team or wasn't following the protocols.
Every poster you mentioned is vaccinated, Joe.

And GGait, myself, and others are not full of hatred. They're sick of watching their fellow Americans die because they're getting suckered by nonsense they read on the internet. It's frustrating.

The alternative position, which you have been advocating from the beginning, is to not care if their fellow Americans live or die.

You understand that that's your message, right? You're telling me that I should say: "who cares if unvaxxed Americans are dying, my family is vaccinated."

That's pretty cold, imho.
Why are you speaking as if you assume that's my position? Get off your pulpit. I understand your more upset than other's because of how a bad case of CV-19 could ruin your career. You are in a unique situation with your profession, stop projecting that fear on to this thread. That's what get's you angry, that you could lose your livelihood on the small chance you lose your sense of smell and it never comes back. So you did the right thing and got vaccinated. Bottom line, you protected yourself. Heck, everybody on this site is vaccinated, but you would never know that because advocating that their exists a healthy population that is unvaccinated yet ARE NOT mouth-breather's is not the end of the world. There is always a subsection of the population that is hesitant, they have certain things they need to make themselves ok with before they make their own personal decision. You think everything is black or white. You attack poster's as if you are the moral authority. Stay safe.

Joe
Um. You just finished attacking other posters as if you are the moral authority. On your pulpit, lecturing others. Self aware much?

And you’re way off with your assertion about my profession affecting why I’m angry at antivaxxers. I can get covid from both vaxxed and unvaxxed, my man. So you’re wrong about why I’m angry…doubly so because I just told you why I’m angry.

Im angry, for the second time, because I’m tired of people succumbing to disinformation from the internet that’s leading them to not take the vaxx.

And I’m sorry mate, but whether you understand it or not, you are telling me not to care about these people’s misinformed choices. You’re telling me to live on and not care that my fellow Americans are dying of disinformation.

As tempting as it is? Hard pass. I don’t want Rogers to die or get a bad case of covid. Mea culpa
Do you really think that Rodgers want's that to happen either? You act as if you think he's inviting it. You talk about disinformation, how about the alarming lack of messaging. Eat right, lose weight, exercise, get fresh air. Take your vitamins, stay active. I haven't heard that once during this entire pandemic. It's no coincidence that the most unhealthy are almost always the ones that have a bad outcome when they contract covid. But, no, let's worry about a world-class athlete contracting covid and not Johnny Smith who is 12 and 350 pounds and highly unhealthy. SMH. :lol: :lol:

Joe :P
Joe,
I really think you'd be happier not engaging here. But ok.

I think you're quite mistaken on a number of aspects, but let me start with the idea that no one has communicated "Eat right, lose weight, exercise, get fresh air." or some such sound advice. Quite the contrary.

Right from early days in the pandemic, as it became clear that the odds of hospitalization and death went up quite a lot among those with obesity and related diseases, heart disease, diabetes, etc as well as other sources of immune system compromise, we talked on here about the things we can all do to prevent such issues. I, specifically, shared that my company is focused on healthier eating as the key lever to the more than 50% of all healthcare costs we experience in the USA which are due to these nutritionally related chronic diseases.

We produced quite a lot of communications materials, webinars, etc which our clients (employers and health plans) used to communicate with their constituents about Covid and immune health more generally, and the steps we can all take to bolster and strengthen our immune systems. Plus of course using our system to plan and shop ahead, more meals made at home, less fast food and takeout.

Now, if you're saying that our overall US system has long neglected the importance of healthier eating and other positive lifestyle choices, and indeed structured incentives that foster more, rather than less, consumption of 'sugar, fat, and salt'...particularly sugar, more addictive than cocaine, we'd be in complete agreement. The Big Food and Big Sugar lobbies are very powerful.

I think you'd find widespread agreement on here that this issue has long been neglected as the priority it really should be, whether as individuals or a society more generally.

But 'most unhealthy' also includes older people generally, not just those with obesity related chronic diseases, as well as other immune suppressing issues that are actually entirely outside of their control. Vulnerable. And those of us who choose to reduce the chances of spreading the virus to them (and to those with those more controllable issues), whether directly or to someone else who does, often quite unknowingly, rather than taking no responsibility at all for our neighbors, family, and friends are not "fools" nor do we think only in "back and white".

I don't think anyone is suggesting that Rodgers is likely to die from Covid. Indeed, I doubt there's much concern for him at all on here, given that he made this conscious choice for himself.

The reaction is that, unlike you or me or most anyone else on here, Rodgers has an enormous public platform that comes with that enormous paycheck as a celebrity athlete. He, again unlike most people, actually does have the power to influence others and their decisions.

And his example, full throatedly defended by him now, is that he only cares about himself (and that he's convinced of some rather idiotic claptrap) and instead doesn't have any responsibility to his neighbors, family and friends...or to the public over which he has influence.

And he lied.

So, is this a guy to admire, to follow, in his expounding the aforementioned claptrap? For instance, should his recommendation of an insurance company be considered in the same light...or is his recommendation now a tarnish on any such's otherwise sound reputation?
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:45 pm
that's crazy.
will be interesting to see if this happened because he was both infected and vaccinated.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

wgdsr wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:58 pm
that's crazy.
will be interesting to see if this happened because he was both infected and vaccinated.
Florida man.

Was he vaccinated prior to getting Covid?
Haven't found that in the story.

Seems to me it's one of the very rare side effects of being put on a ventilator, on your belly to reduce pressure in the lungs...

Groucho Marx school of medicine, if it hurts when you do that, don't do that, would suggest you really don't want to have to go on a ventilator because you contracted Covid...or any other reason...but maybe that's just me...
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:58 pm
that's crazy.
I saw him on a city bus full of high school girls……I am glad that dude made it.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Guy was the picture of health it looks like, if your insinuating all americans are as unhealthy as that, I don't know what to say. Keep searching for the outliers, Risk management, blah blah. :lol:

Joe
Typical Lax Dad

JoeMauer89 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:15 pm
Guy was the picture of health it looks like, if your insinuating all americans are as unhealthy as that, I don't know what to say. Keep searching for the outliers, Risk management, blah blah. :lol:

Joe
:lol: :lol: :lol: COVID-19 didn’t make his tongue swell….it was the pretty girls!!! That’s a rare condition. It shrinks when he drinks ice water! :lol: :lol:
“I wish you would!”
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:44 pm It makes me wonder: when a thoughtful poster (like Joe) disagrees with the left about any odd topic on here, why is there alway such a mad rush by the left to disagree? They never pause to reflect and thoughtfully consider the validity of any opinion not packaged by the mainstream media. What is that mania all about? Is it insecurity? A lack of underlying confidence in their position? I’d really like a psychologist’s take on this, because it fascinates me.
Thoughtful poster? Let's roll the tape
Do you know how stupid you sound?
You are insufferable. You live in a liberal fantasy land created by your narrow-minded ideology.
Instead of coming on this thread and sounding like, the narrow-minded, petty, indicative, divisive, liberal piece of turd you are coming off as.
You are so heck brainwashed you don't even know it fool.
Guy shows up hurling insults and you wonder why they respond similarly? :lol:

A psychologist would indeed love to dissect the persecution complex around here.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:56 pm
JoeMauer89 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:49 pm Poster's like myself, tech37, YA, OS, C&S and other's are made to feel as if were are uneducated fools because we question the narrow minded narrative that permeates this thread. ggait is the worst offender of the bunch. He is a as divisive as the come. I bet he doesn't have the cojones to say some of the things he says about "Mouth-Breathers" to their face. For a so called lawyer his posts are incredibly petty and full of hatred. Who the hell gives a turd if Aaron Rodgers is unvaccinated or not? Who they hell care's if he lied to his team or wasn't following the protocols.

And GGait, myself, and others are not full of hatred. They're sick of watching their fellow Americans die because they're getting suckered by nonsense they read on the internet. It's frustrating.

The alternative position, which you have been advocating from the beginning, is to not care if their fellow Americans live or die.

You understand that that's your message, right? You're telling me that I should say: "who cares if unvaxxed Americans are dying, my family is vaccinated."

Why are you speaking as if you assume that's my position? Get off your pulpit. I understand your more upset than other's because of how a bad case of CV-19 could ruin your career. You are in a unique situation with your profession, stop projecting that fear on to this thread. That's what get's you angry, that you could lose your livelihood on the small chance you lose your sense of smell and it never comes back. So you did the right thing and got vaccinated. Bottom line, you protected yourself. Heck, everybody on this site is vaccinated, but you would never know that because advocating that their exists a healthy population that is unvaccinated yet ARE NOT mouth-breather's is not the end of the world. There is always a subsection of the population that is hesitant, they have certain things they need to make themselves ok with before they make their own personal decision. You think everything is black or white. You attack poster's as if you are the moral authority. Stay safe.

Joe
Um. You just finished attacking other posters as if you are the moral authority. On your pulpit, lecturing others. Self aware much?

And you’re way off with your assertion about my profession affecting why I’m angry at antivaxxers. I can get covid from both vaxxed and unvaxxed, my man. So you’re wrong about why I’m angry…doubly so because I just told you why I’m angry.

Im angry, for the second time, because I’m tired of people succumbing to disinformation from the internet that’s leading them to not take the vaxx.

And I’m sorry mate, but whether you understand it or not, you are telling me not to care about these people’s misinformed choices. You’re telling me to live on and not care that my fellow Americans are dying of disinformation.

As tempting as it is? Hard pass. I don’t want Rogers to die or get a bad case of covid. Mea culpa
Do you really think that Rodgers want's that to happen either? You act as if you think he's inviting it. You talk about disinformation, how about the alarming lack of messaging. Eat right, lose weight, exercise, get fresh air. Take your vitamins, stay active. I haven't heard that once during this entire pandemic. It's no coincidence that the most unhealthy are almost always the ones that have a bad outcome when they contract covid. But, no, let's worry about a world-class athlete contracting covid and not Johnny Smith who is 12 and 350 pounds and highly unhealthy. SMH. :lol: :lol:

Joe,

I think you're quite mistaken on a number of aspects, but let me start with the idea that no one has communicated "Eat right, lose weight, exercise, get fresh air." or some such sound advice. Quite the contrary.

Right from early days in the pandemic, as it became clear that the odds of hospitalization and death went up quite a lot among those with obesity and related diseases, heart disease, diabetes, etc as well as other sources of immune system compromise, we talked on here about the things we can all do to prevent such issues. I, specifically, shared that my company is focused on healthier eating as the key lever to the more than 50% of all healthcare costs we experience in the USA which are due to these nutritionally related chronic diseases.

We produced quite a lot of communications materials, webinars, etc which our clients (employers and health plans) used to communicate with their constituents about Covid and immune health more generally, and the steps we can all take to bolster and strengthen our immune systems. Plus of course using our system to plan and shop ahead, more meals made at home, less fast food and takeout.

Now, if you're saying that our overall US system has long neglected the importance of healthier eating and other positive lifestyle choices, and indeed structured incentives that foster more, rather than less, consumption of 'sugar, fat, and salt'...particularly sugar, more addictive than cocaine, we'd be in complete agreement. The Big Food and Big Sugar lobbies are very powerful.

I think you'd find widespread agreement on here that this issue has long been neglected as the priority it really should be, whether as individuals or a society more generally.

But 'most unhealthy' also includes older people generally, not just those with obesity related chronic diseases, as well as other immune suppressing issues that are actually entirely outside of their control. Vulnerable. And those of us who choose to reduce the chances of spreading the virus to them (and to those with those more controllable issues), whether directly or to someone else who does, often quite unknowingly, rather than taking no responsibility at all for our neighbors, family, and friends are not "fools" nor do we think only in "back and white".

I don't think anyone is suggesting that Rodgers is likely to die from Covid. Indeed, I doubt there's much concern for him at all on here, given that he made this conscious choice for himself.

The reaction is that, unlike you or me or most anyone else on here, Rodgers has an enormous public platform that comes with that enormous paycheck as a celebrity athlete. He, again unlike most people, actually does have the power to influence others and their decisions.

And his example, full throatedly defended by him now, is that he only cares about himself (and that he's convinced of some rather idiotic claptrap) and instead doesn't have any responsibility to his neighbors, family and friends...or to the public over which he has influence.

And he lied.

So, is this a guy to admire, to follow, in his expounding the aforementioned claptrap? For instance, should his recommendation of an insurance company be considered in the same light...or is his recommendation now a tarnish on any such otherwise sound reputation?
I am much happier when not posting in this thread, but I just can't stay away from it. I'm not a perfect person but I am smart enough to sense nonsense. And if you really think that there is a large majority out there, that says, "well dudh, if Aaron Rodgers is unvaccinated I guess it's ok for me to not be, than you have a poor read on the situation. The media is complicit, they are the ones that go out of their way to shove this stuff in the public's feed 24/7/365. 10 days ago, nobody knew for sure whether he was or wasn't. Who cares? How does it affect YOUR life? Aaron Rodgers come in to regular contact with people that you cavort with? Doe's he put your family at risk with his decision to lie to his employer? There are SO, SO many reasons to dislike the guy well before this was even an issue. He's a jerk, always has been. But not for the reasons you claim, for various well-documented others. I'm never going to see it the warped way you do, I'm not an elitist with a narrow, warped liberal view. All par for the course with this website. If others are unhappy with me, I'm doing something right!

Joe
NattyBohChamps04

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:19 pm

Joe
:lol: :lol: :lol: COVID-19 didn’t make his tongue swell….it was the pretty girls!!! That’s a rare condition. It shrinks when he drinks ice water! :lol: :lol:
A slim fraction of Americans are obese. Like only ~42%. Why are you so focused on the outliers man??? Fear porn up in here :lol:
Typical Lax Dad

Joe
She ain’t no Spring Chicken!

“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

JoeMauer89 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:27 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:56 pm

Joe

Joe,

And he lied.

So, is this a guy to admire, to follow, in his expounding the aforementioned claptrap? For instance, should his recommendation of an insurance company be considered in the same light...or is his recommendation now a tarnish on any such otherwise sound reputation?
I am much happier when not posting in this thread, but I just can't stay away from it. I'm not a perfect person but I am smart enough to sense nonsense. And if you really think that there is a large majority out there, that says, "well dudh, if Aaron Rodgers is unvaccinated I guess it's ok for me to not be, than you have a poor read on the situation. The media is complicit, they are the ones that go out of their way to shove this stuff in the public's feed 24/7/365. 10 days ago, nobody knew for sure whether he was or wasn't. Who cares? How does it affect YOUR life? Aaron Rodgers come in to regular contact with people that you cavort with? Doe's he put your family at risk with his decision to lie to his employer? There are SO, SO many reasons to dislike the guy well before this was even an issue. He's a jerk, always has been. But not for the reasons you claim, for various well-documented others. I'm never going to see it the warped way you do, I'm not an elitist with a narrow, warped liberal view. All par for the course with this website. If others are unhappy with me, I'm doing something right!

Joe
Discipline Joe…..My old man was diagnosed with diabetes and from the next day on, he ate the exact same meal, day after day for the next 20 years….you can do it!
“I wish you would!”
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:25 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:44 pm It makes me wonder: when a thoughtful poster (like Joe) disagrees with the left about any odd topic on here, why is there alway such a mad rush by the left to disagree? They never pause to reflect and thoughtfully consider the validity of any opinion not packaged by the mainstream media. What is that mania all about? Is it insecurity? A lack of underlying confidence in their position? I’d really like a psychologist’s take on this, because it fascinates me.
Thoughtful poster? Let's roll the tape
Do you know how stupid you sound?
You are insufferable. You live in a liberal fantasy land created by your narrow-minded ideology.
Instead of coming on this thread and sounding like, the narrow-minded, petty, indicative, divisive, liberal piece of turd you are coming off as.
You are so heck brainwashed you don't even know it fool.
Guy shows up hurling insults and you wonder why they respond similarly? :lol:

A psychologist would indeed love to dissect the persecution complex around here.
Again, who are you? You come on this site, never post once about lacrosse. Claim that you are a fair weather fan and participate in the politics thread. It's clearly another poster's new account. This is more than likely CU88. How did you even find this thread? I don't show up hurling insults, I call people out on their nonsense.

Very strange that you just appeared out of nowhere, with a clear liberal agenda... :roll: :ugeek:

Joe
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:29 pm

Joe

she's making these decisions and you want us to follow her advice?
NattyBohChamps04

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:34 pm I just finished a meeting with some Chicago guys who are packers fans…odd, but they grew up in Wisconsin.

In any event, you’ll be pleased to know they all support Rogers and think the east coast elites’ takes are bad. That is, most of the Fanlax libs’ takes. They will support the guy when he returns to the lineup.

Aaron is still da man!!!! And no, the reason the Fanlax libs haven’t jumped on Nikki, Ice Cube, or Chappelle is not because off racism but rather institutional laziness. They see Rogers in the mainstream news, so they fall in lockstep like obedient soldiers and echo the chants. Like I said, very little original thought here.

C’mon people, think for yourselves!!* Let’s go, America!!!
* Please note that this offer does not apply to Colin Kaepernick.

:lol:

Packers co-owner here
NattyBohChamps04

JoeMauer89 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:34 pm
Again, who are you? You come on this site, never post once about lacrosse. Claim that you are a fair weather fan and participate in the politics thread. It's clearly another poster's new account. This is more than likely CU88. How did you even find this thread? I don't show up hurling insults, I call people out on their nonsense.

Very strange that you just appeared out of nowhere, with a clear liberal agenda... :roll: :ugeek:

Joe
I'm nobody. Just me.

Apparently being anti Trump & anti alt-right & anti Nazi automatically gives me a liberal agenda. Funny how that works.

Ban offset sticks. I think we lost most of the other posters who agreed with me during the switchover, then the last few left when the Trumper comments got amped up to 11.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:45 pm
JoeMauer89 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:34 pm

Joe
I'm nobody. Just me.

Apparently being anti Trump & anti alt-right & anti Nazi automatically gives me a liberal agenda. Funny how that works.

Ban offset sticks. I think we lost most of the other posters who agreed with me during the switchover, then the last few left when the Trumper comments got amped up to 11.
Wait a minute, so am I!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

The IP address tells no lies.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:36 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:29 pm

Joe

she's making these decisions and you want us to follow her advice?
Who said follow her advice? I just posted a video that showed me the results of her decisions. If you did what she did, you might be laying on your belly too!
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”