"The Deep State" aka the American Intelligence Community

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
tech37

Re: "The Deep State" aka the American Intelligence Community

Post by tech37 »

Sorry...past the paywall:

Who Is Michael Sussmann?
The FBI’s general counsel met with a Clinton lawyer in September 2016.

When Fox News anchor Bret Baier asked about the origin of the infamous Trump dossier, James Comey brushed off most of the questions. The former Federal Bureau of Investigations director said someone on his “senior staff”—he couldn’t remember who—had “briefed” him on the dossier “sometime in the fall” of 2016. Mr. Comey had been told it came “from a reliable source.” He insisted he “never knew exactly which Democrats had funded” it. He then continued on about his book, which meditated on the importance of “truth.”

That interview, in April 2018, is relevant in light of a recent report from the Hill’s John Solomon that James Baker, the FBI’s general counsel from 2014-17, met “weeks before the 2016 election” with a lawyer from Perkins Coie. That’s the firm that hired Fusion GPS to compile the dossier on behalf of the Hillary Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee.

My sources confirm that the Perkins partner who bent Mr. Baker’s ear and handed over documents was Michael Sussmann, point man for the firm’s DNC and Clinton campaign accounts. They also confirm the subject of the meeting was Russian interference in the election, including hacking and supposed ties to Donald Trump. Much of this comes from an interview House investigators conducted last week with Mr. Baker.

The significance of this revelation is enormous for everything from FBI investigatory malpractice, to its dishonesty, to its current fight with the White House over document disclosure. That the FBI’s general counsel was even meeting with a top lawyer for the Clinton campaign shortly before the election is proof of that the bureau strayed beyond obvious guardrails.

It’s alarming enough that the FBI felt free to open a counterintelligence investigation into an active presidential campaign. That it also felt free to gather information for that probe from the opposing campaign is mind-boggling. Team Clinton had the most powerful position on earth to gain from Mr. Trump’s downfall. No conflict there, right?

It is unclear whether Mr. Sussmann supplied any dossier-related information to Mr. Baker. But we know from the House Intelligence Committee’s February Russia memo that “senior DOJ and FBI officials” by this time knew the DNC and the Clinton campaign were behind the dossier. The Baker-Sussmann meeting raises the likelihood that those “senior officials” extended into Mr. Comey’s inner circle and that quite a few people understood the bureau was moving against a campaign based on the rival campaign’s opposition research.

Yet those officials marched into the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court and never revealed in any of their warrant applications that the dossier was a product of the Clinton campaign. It now appears the FBI also didn’t tell the court that its investigation had been informed directly by a lawyer for Mrs. Clinton. Mr. Sussmann, as a former Justice Department employee, would presumably add credibility to any FISA application—unless the FBI was worried about revealing how much it was relying on the Clinton camp. By the way, Mr. Baker told congressional investigators that he personally reviewed the initial FISA application.

The news of this meeting also gives cause to doubt the FBI’s stated reasons for refusing to release documents to Congress. For more than a year the bureau has argued that it would hurt national security and U.S. ties with foreign intelligence. It played the same card recently with Mr. Trump, persuading him to back down on his order for disclosure of redacted portions of the FISA warrants and related materials. It has heavily redacted other documents, again claiming national security.

Among the redactions are portions of footnote 43 in the House Intelligence Committee’s Russia report. That footnote states that Mr. Baker met in September 2016 with a person who provided information about supposed Russian links to the Trump campaign. It noted this same person was also communicating with the press. The person’s name is blacked out. We now know it is Mr. Sussmann.

National security? No, this was redacted to save the FBI the embarrassment of having to admit it was cooperating with the Clinton campaign. This is the same FBI that blacked out of a key text message the detail that former Deputy Director Andrew McCabe’s office sported a $70,000 conference table. And the same FBI that claimed it would be a national-security nightmare if House Republicans divulged the name of the FBI’s spy against the Trump campaign ( Stefan Halper ), only to leak the name itself to friendly media.

The Baker-Sussmann revelation underscores that we will never get the truth about the FBI’s behavior until those documents are made public.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

My bet would be that Sussman is acquitted and/or the charges are ultimately dropped for wont of substance.

The allegation is that he didn't tell them he had a client...huh? No notes of the conversation apparently, "no recollection" of what he said or didn't say on that.

Flimsy as all get out, much less he was simply passing along the actual data the cyber folks had...didn't amount to anything provable, so wasn't material to anything either prior or following...and this is all Durham has... after longer investigation than Mueller?? :roll:

After all, even if he'd been working for the Clinton Campaign and received the info from them, it's not anything actually untoward.

The question as to whether it was material or not was up to the FBI...they didn't begin their investigation of the Trump-Russia connection because of this, and didn't find anything provable, so was ultimately dropped.

The BS from the Fox piece is simply BS, incredibly put on nonsense...but par for the course from them these days...desperate.

Now, IF, IF, IF, the info was actually manufactured and Susan actually did lie about it, or the even more preposterous claim was accurate, that the FBI as a whole colluded with the Clinton Campaign to gin this whole notion that Trump's campaign wasn't in bed with Putin's agents, and none of the actual convictions and indictments ever had any merit...well, that certainly would be something...but come on, seriously?

Don't you guys know better by now?
Really this dumb to Trump's dishonesty and craziness?
old salt

Post by old salt »

:lol: ...great pic of grinning Natasha in that Greenwald tweet.
Another of he bombshell scoops that won her a CNN gig.
She'll believe anything if it fits her agenda.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Let’s be clear she’s not that hot, nice efficient casing she carries around her inner workings, which when I note a lot of pretty faces combined with broad shoulder and you won’t like what you see unless you like highly skewed Pear shapes which is basically female anchor not and has a long way to go to get to sideline reporter hot (see Molly McGrath or Ali Laforce for reference) or business news hot (Seema Modi, Margaret Brennan, Deirdre Bosa since everyone love CNBC here over Bloomberg TV).

I’m guessing for the 55+ CCRC community here you won’t see this body amongst your gin rummy wifes crew now.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit ... _bertrand/

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/813603488909516110/
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

The Durham Indictment Fuels the Real Russia Hoax

"Former US attorney Barbara McQuade took a sharper swing at the indictment. She contended the case is rather weak and is indeed a political move:
Another clue about why this case is being filed is the amount of detail contained in the 27-page indictment. It discusses the Clinton campaign’s efforts to engage in opposition research on former President Donald Trump, much of it beyond the scope of the very narrow offense with which Sussmann is charged. It may be that Durham is using this indictment as a vehicle to disseminate what he has found to the public so that Trump and his allies can paint a false equivalence between the conduct of the Trump and Clinton campaigns… With this indictment, Trump can now say that it was Clinton who brought information to the FBI about links to Russia in the first place and yet again claim the Mueller investigation was a hoax.
"Which is exactly what Trump and his handmaids have done. It’s a false accusation. But for years, Trump and his cultists have deployed disinformation, deception, and distraction to undermine an investigation that clearly showed his betrayal of American democracy. This latest episode is just another round in the Trumpers’ ceaseless war on the truth. They will do whatever they can to deny the ugly realities of the Russia scandal and to cover up Trump’s treachery.

McQuade writes, “Instead of a quest for justice, the [Sussmann] indictment appears to be one more shot fired in the information war… The Mueller Report spells out all the ways in which the Russia investigation was not a hoax. The only hoax is the charge contained in this indictment.” Actually, the big hoax is Trump and his henchmen’s claim that the Trump-Russia scandal was a Deep State-Democratic con game. That in itself has been one of the biggest Trump cons. And there’s no end in sight."

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Another W for the Deep State, and memorialization of another stupid stunt by the Moron:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/14/us/p ... tw-nytimes

"Hours before he was scheduled to retire in 2018, Andrew G. McCabe, then the F.B.I.’s deputy director, was fired by the Justice Department, depriving him of his pension and prompting cheers from President Donald J. Trump, who had been hounding him over his role in the Russia investigation.

On Thursday, the department reversed Mr. McCabe’s firing, settling a lawsuit he filed asserting that he was dismissed for political reasons. Under the settlement, Mr. McCabe, 53, will be able to officially retire, receive his pension and other benefits, and get about $200,000 in missed pension payments.

In addition, the department agreed to expunge any mention of his firing from F.B.I. personnel records. The agreement even made clear that he would receive the cuff links given to senior executives and a plaque with his mounted F.B.I. credentials and badge.

The Justice Department did not admit any wrongdoing. But the settlement amounted to a rejection by the Biden administration of how Mr. McCabe’s case had been handled under Mr. Trump, who perceived Mr. McCabe as one of his so-called deep-state enemies and repeatedly attacked him. A notice of the lawsuit’s dismissal was also filed in federal court.

“Politics should never play a role in the fair administration of justice and Civil Service personnel decisions,” Mr. McCabe said in a statement. “I hope that this result encourages the men and women of the F.B.I. to continue to protect the American people by standing up for the truth and doing their jobs without fear of political retaliation.”

Mr. McCabe thanked his lawyers at the firm of Arnold & Porter, who will receive more than $500,000 in legal fees paid by the government. The firm intends to donate the money to its foundation, which provides scholarships to minority law students, among other things.

“What happened to Andrew was a travesty, not just for him and his family, but the rule of law,” said Murad Hussain, one of Mr. McCabe’s lawyers. “We filed this suit to restore his retirement benefits, restore his reputation and take a stand for the rights of all civil servants, and that’s exactly what this settlement does.”

The Justice Department did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Jeff Sessions, the attorney general at the time, fired Mr. McCabe on March 16, 2018, after the department’s inspector general said Mr. McCabe had lied repeatedly about a leak to a newspaper about Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server. The case was referred to prosecutors, who ultimately decided not to charge Mr. McCabe with making false statements to a law enforcement officer.

Mr. Sessions acted a day before Mr. McCabe’s retirement was set to take effect, and after months of public criticism of Mr. McCabe by Mr. Trump.

With the lawsuit resolved, the Justice Department and F.B.I. avoid the risk that moving toward a trial could produce embarrassing information through the discovery process and depositions. In September 2020, a federal judge rejected the department’s efforts to dismiss the case, allowing the litigation to move forward.

Mr. McCabe’s lawyers had planned to question the F.B.I. director, Christopher A. Wray, and his former deputy, David L. Bowdich. The lawyers would have also grilled Mr. Sessions and his deputy at the time, Rod J. Rosenstein, as well as others, including the department’s inspector general, Michael E. Horowitz.

Mr. McCabe and his lawyers had argued that he was fired because he refused to swear loyalty to the president at the time. He also had been part of F.B.I. leadership that opened an investigation into whether any Trump campaign associates had conspired with Russia in the 2016 presidential election. Mr. Trump repeatedly called the inquiry a witch hunt and fired the F.B.I. director at the time, James B. Comey, after expressing his fury about the investigation.

Mr. Trump had urged the Justice Department to get rid of Mr. McCabe. After the news media reported in December 2017 that Mr. McCabe planned to retire, Mr. Trump said on Twitter that “FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe is racing the clock to retire with full benefits. 90 days to go?!!!”

Mr. McCabe, a graduate of Duke University and of Washington University School of Law in St. Louis, joined the F.B.I. in 1996 as an agent in the New York office and quickly climbed the bureau’s ranks. Mr. Comey appointed Mr. McCabe deputy director in 2016, putting him in charge of operations as the bureau’s senior most agent.

Mr. McCabe’s rise in the bureau took a vertiginous turn in January 2018 when Mr. Wray demoted Mr. McCabe without telling him why. Mr. McCabe then elected to take leave until March, when he was eligible for retirement.

Nearly a month after he was fired, the inspector general released his findings, issuing a report on Mr. McCabe’s conduct, saying he had failed to be completely honest in answering questions about his role in the news media leak about the Clinton case.

Mr. McCabe sued over his dismissal, saying he was a victim of political retaliation. In the suit, he said that Mr. Sessions, Mr. Wray and others “served as Trump’s personal enforcers rather than the nation’s highest law enforcement officials, catering to Trump’s unlawful whims instead of honoring their oaths to uphold the Constitution.”

Firing Mr. McCabe “was a critical element of Trump’s plan and scheme” to rid the F.B.I. and Justice Department of those deemed not loyal to the president, his lawsuit said. Mr. McCabe accused the department of retaliation and terminating him for political reasons, which violated agency policies. Mr. McCabe’s lawyer also argued that as a career civil servant, Mr. McCabe should have been given 30 days’ notice before he was fired.

Indeed, a series of emails raised questions about whether Mr. McCabe’s firing was fast tracked by the F.B.I. or Justice Department. The emails were obtained by Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, or CREW.

Just after noon on March 5, 2018, Candice M. Will, who oversaw the termination effort for the F.B.I.’s Office of Professional Responsibility, emailed Mr. Rosenstein to let him know that her office had completed its review and was preparing a recommendation.

Later that same day, Ms. Will then emailed Mr. Bowdich: “I let the Dept know that we are doing what should be done, not slow walking — we are following the established procedures.”

He responded that they would be “second guessed by some every step of the way however this ends up.”

Why Ms. Will made the comment about “slow walking” is not publicly known, but Mr. McCabe’s lawyers intended to find out and depose her if the case had moved forward.

On March 7, Ms. Will recommended that Mr. McCabe be fired over the inspector general’s report. In a handwritten note accompanying the recommendation, she advised Mr. Wray and Mr. Bowdich: “It seems unlikely that this will reach final resolution before Mr. McCabe’s March 18 retirement date.” But, she said, it was up to the deputy attorney general.

She spoke later that day to a top aide of Mr. Rosenstein, which seemed to set off a flurry of activity — including meetings and sensitive calls — among senior department officials scrambling to make sure Mr. McCabe was fired before his planned retirement date. In one instance, Steven A. Engel, the head of the department’s office of legal counsel, emailed one of Mr. Rosenstein’s aides with the F.B.I. guidelines for removing a senior bureau official.

After Mr. McCabe was fired, Mr. Trump celebrated on Twitter, calling it “a great day for the hard working men and women of the FBI — A great day for Democracy.”
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Further to seacoaster's post above:

ANDREW MCCABE GOT HIS PENSION AND HIS CUFFLINKS — BUT IS THAT ADEQUATE RECOURSE FOR THE COUNTRY?
By my reading, this doesn’t force DOJ Inspector General to revise its report on McCabe to incorporate Michael Kortan’s testimony, one of the problems in the report identified in McCabe’s suit. It doesn’t negate the conflicting Office of Professional Responsibility review results. But it does legally remove the final effect of over a year of retaliation and public badgering by the President, eliminating all trace of Sessions’ last minute firing of McCabe.

I have no doubt this settlement makes a lot of sense for McCabe. He gets the money he earned over two decades of chasing terrorists, spies, and organized crime and the ability to be treated with the respect a former Deputy Director is normally accorded.

But this country is still fighting the aftereffects of a coup attempt that almost succeeded, in part, because the FBI backed off investigating those close to the President, including Proud Boys who played a key leadership role in the attack. We never got full visibility into the President’s relationship with Russia because Trump throttled that investigation with firings and pardons. And an unrelenting flood of disinformation masks both of these facts.

We know, from the fact that DOJ entered into this settlement (among other things), that Trump badly politicized DOJ. But this settlement allows DOJ to avoid coming clean about all that happened.
"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:10 am
Another of he bombshell scoops that won her a CNN gig.
deleted. We’ve gone over this before.

Trying to change my postings …
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:21 pm
Another of the bombshell scoops that won her a CNN gig.

Noted. Sorry I missed it. ...one step at a time. :D ;)

Did you see the teaser for Christopher Steele's Hulu gig ? Very convincing. :roll: .
...wonder what he got paid for that ?

https://abcnews.go.com/US/shadows-chris ... d=80522891
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:35 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:21 pm
Another of the bombshell scoops that won her a CNN gig.

Noted. Sorry I missed it. ...one step at a time. :D ;)
…yeah trying to spare you and tech from having a five year old conversation. ;). One step at a time.

Should be against federal election laws to purchase foreign intel . Get rid of Steeles nonsense for good…
old salt

Post by old salt »

Any bets on who is PR Exex #1 in Durham's indictment of Danchenko ?
...my money's on Sid Vicious.
Will Dr Fiona Hill take time off from her book tour to testify on behalf of her former research asst ?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/igor-danch ... ham-probe/
In one instance, federal prosecutors said Danchenko falsely stated that he never communicated with an unidentified U.S. resident, who was an executive at a public relations firm, about allegations in the dossier. But the Justice Department alleged Danchenko sourced at least one accusation anonymously to the executive, described as a "long-time participant in Democratic Party politics" who was chairman of a national Democratic political organization, state chairman of former President Bill Clinton's 1992 and 1996 presidential campaigns, and an adviser to Hillary Clinton's 2008 presidential campaign.

The unidentified executive's role "as a contributor of information to the [dossier] was highly relevant and material to the FBI's evaluation of those reports," the indictment stated.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/11/0 ... ted-519498
The charges say that in June 2016, a public relations executive and Democratic activist with close ties to the Clinton campaign wrote an email to an associate that said of Danchenko: “He is too young for KGB. But I think he worked for FSB. Since he told me he spent two years in Iran. And when I first met him he knew more about me than I did. [winking emoticon].”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

old salt wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:08 pm Any bets on who is PR Exex #1 in Durham's indictment of Danchenko ?
Will Dr Fiona Hill take time off from her book tour to testify on behalf of her former research asst ?

In one instance, federal prosecutors said Danchenko falsely stated that he never communicated with an unidentified U.S. resident, who was an executive at a public relations firm, about allegations in the dossier. But the Justice Department alleged Danchenko sourced at least one accusation anonymously to the executive, described as a "long-time participant in Democratic Party politics" who was chairman of a national Democratic political organization, state chairman of former President Bill Clinton's 1992 and 1996 presidential campaigns, and an adviser to Hillary Clinton's 2008 presidential campaign.

The unidentified executive's role "as a contributor of information to the [dossier] was highly relevant and material to the FBI's evaluation of those reports," the indictment stated.

The charges say that in June 2016, a public relations executive and Democratic activist with close ties to the Clinton campaign wrote an email to an associate that said of Danchenko: “He is too young for KGB. But I think he worked for FSB. Since he told me he spent two years in Iran. And when I first met him he knew more about me than I did. [winking emoticon].”

It’s some dude called Charles Dolan Jr. Works in DC.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/04/durham- ... ested.html

A total Democratic tool, hanging around politicians because he trades in gossip and innuendo…ie: he has no real skill, like almost everyone near DC.

I really hope this investigation eventually snares Hillary and others in her orbit.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:48 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:08 pm Any bets on who is PR Exex #1 in Durham's indictment of Danchenko ?

It’s some dude called Charles Dolan Jr. Works in DC.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/04/durham- ... ested.html

A total Democratic tool, hanging around politicians because he trades in gossip and innuendo…ie: he has no real skill, like almost everyone near DC.

I really hope this investigation eventually snares Hillary and others in her orbit.
Two peas in a pod. You got that one right Wheatstraw.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

https://twitter.com/johncardillo/status ... 51241?s=20

Mueller ran cover for a Russian Intelligence op on US soil designed to rig a presidential election.

Let that sink in.

drip-drip-drip
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:58 am https://twitter.com/johncardillo/status ... 51241?s=20

Mueller ran cover for a Russian Intelligence op on US soil designed to rig a presidential election.

Let that sink in.

drip-drip-drip
Just because a former NewsMax host posts something unsubstantiated on Twitter it is something to believe?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

RedFromMI wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:17 am
youthathletics wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:58 am https://twitter.com/johncardillo/status ... 51241?s=20

Let that sink in.

drip-drip-drip
Just because a former NewsMax host posts something unsubstantiated on Twitter it is something to believe?
Not at all....hence the drip-drip comment.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
old salt

Post by old salt »

In 2016, Dr Fiona Hill (then at Brookings, working for Strobe Talbott *) introduced her researcher Danshenko to Clinton campaign operative Dolan.

...then Dr Hill joined the Trump admin NSC to "help out" :lol:

* Strobe Talbott
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strobe_Talbott
He became friends with future President Bill Clinton when both were Rhodes Scholars at the University of Oxford; during his studies there he translated Nikita Khrushchev's memoirs into English.

In 1972, Talbott, along with his friends Robert Reich (a fellow Rhodes Scholar) and David E. Kendall, rallied to his friends Bill Clinton and Hillary Clinton to help them in their Texas campaign to elect George McGovern president of the United States. In the 1980s, he was Time's principal correspondent on Soviet-American relations, and his work for the magazine was cited in the three Overseas Press Club Awards won by Time in the 1980s. Talbott also wrote several books on disarmament. He translated and edited Khrushchev Remembers: The Last Testament (2 vol 1974) by Nikita S. Khrushchev.

Following Bill Clinton's election as president, Talbott was invited into government where he served 1993-1994 managing the consequences of the Soviet breakup as Ambassador-at-Large and Special Adviser to the Secretary of State Warren Christopher on the New Independent States. He held the #2 job in the State Department as Deputy Secretary of State 1994-2001

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/ste ... s-in-2016/
Former British spy Christopher Steele recently testified that he was contacted by Clinton-ally Strobe Talbott in Summer 2016 regarding his investigation into presidential candidate Donald Trump, after Talbott learned of the investigation from Obama administration officials.

“I remember taking a phone call from [Talbott], your Lordship, earlier in the summer, in which he said that he was aware that I had — he spoke in fairly cryptic terms, but he was aware that we had material of relevance to the U.S. election,” Steele testified as part of a defamation lawsuit against him in the U.K., according to transcript of the deposition obtained by the Daily Caller.

Talbott, the current president of the Brookings Institution, indicated that he was told of Steele’s work by either former national security adviser Susan Rice or former State Department official Victoria Nuland.

“Although he didn’t state it explicitly, one or either or both of them had briefed him on the work we had been doing,” Steele said. Rice spokeswoman Erin Pelton told the Daily Caller that it is “utterly and completely false” that Rice spoke with Talbott regarding Steele’s investigation. Nuland declined the Daily Caller‘s request for comment.

Steele went on to provide Talbott with a copy of the dossier in November 2016. And Talbott, who was tapped in 2011 by then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to chair the State Department’s Foreign Affairs Advisory Board, disseminated the dossier to his Brookings colleague, Fiona Hill in January 2017 while she was serving in the Trump administration.

Talbott’s brother-in-law, Cody Shearer, also disseminated his own dossier in 2016 claiming that the Kremlin had video of Trump engaged in sexual behavior in Moscow — a charge that later ended up in Steele’s dossier.

Steele also admitted in March that his claim of secret communications between a Russian bank and the Trump presidential campaign was based on a tip from lawyer Michael Sussman, whose firm Perkins Coie represented the Democratic National Committee and Hillary Clinton campaign.

Steele further said that his records on all conversations with the “primary sub-source” of the Steele Dossier, which was used by the FBI as the basis for an investigation of alleged ties between the Trump campaign and Russian operatives, were deleted in 2017. Senate Judiciary Committee chairman Lindsey Graham (R., S.C.) has since asked the Justice Department to release all documents that “question the accuracy and reliability” of Steele’s sources.

From Andy McCarthy --
https://nypost.com/2021/11/04/arrest-il ... y-clinton/
It appears that Durham theorizes that the Trump-Russia collusion narrative was a political attack manufactured by the Clinton campaign. Relying on Danchenko, Steele compiled the reports for Glenn Simpson, co-founder of intelligence firm Fusion-GPS, which specializes in digging up political dirt. Fusion-GPS was retained for the Trump project by Perkins-Coie, the Clinton campaign’s law firm.

In September, Durham indicted former Perkins-Coie attorney Michael Sussmann for making a false statement to the FBI while peddling Trump-Russia allegations that the bureau eventually found unsubstantiated. Durham alleges that Sussmann concealed that he was working for the Clinton campaign and a tech executive who was hoping for an important government job if Clinton was elected.

Durham’s charging instruments suggest that the Clinton campaign used its agents to peddle the Trump-Russia rumors to the government and the media, then used the fact that Trump was being investigated as part of its campaign messaging.
Last edited by old salt on Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Let that sink in.

drip-drip-drip
So are you saying Bradley Nowell didn’t really die and just wanted out of the sunlight of fame when Sublime blew up?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k_LP4IU6XD4

And then she pulled out my mushroom tip
And when it came out, it went drip drip drip
I didn't know she had the G.I. Joe Kung Fu grip
And it went, uhh
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
tech37

Post by tech37 »

old salt wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:52 pm In 2016, Dr Fiona Hill (then at Brookings, working for Strobe Talbott *) introduced her researcher Danshenko to Clinton campaign operative Dolan.

...then Dr Hill joined the Trump admin NSC to "help out" :lol:

* Strobe Talbott
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strobe_Talbott
He became friends with future President Bill Clinton when both were Rhodes Scholars at the University of Oxford; during his studies there he translated Nikita Khrushchev's memoirs into English.

In 1972, Talbott, along with his friends Robert Reich (a fellow Rhodes Scholar) and David E. Kendall, rallied to his friends Bill Clinton and Hillary Clinton to help them in their Texas campaign to elect George McGovern president of the United States. In the 1980s, he was Time's principal correspondent on Soviet-American relations, and his work for the magazine was cited in the three Overseas Press Club Awards won by Time in the 1980s. Talbott also wrote several books on disarmament. He translated and edited Khrushchev Remembers: The Last Testament (2 vol 1974) by Nikita S. Khrushchev.

Following Bill Clinton's election as president, Talbott was invited into government where he served 1993-1994 managing the consequences of the Soviet breakup as Ambassador-at-Large and Special Adviser to the Secretary of State Warren Christopher on the New Independent States. He held the #2 job in the State Department as Deputy Secretary of State 1994-2001

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/ste ... s-in-2016/
Former British spy Christopher Steele recently testified that he was contacted by Clinton-ally Strobe Talbott in Summer 2016 regarding his investigation into presidential candidate Donald Trump, after Talbott learned of the investigation from Obama administration officials.

“I remember taking a phone call from [Talbott], your Lordship, earlier in the summer, in which he said that he was aware that I had — he spoke in fairly cryptic terms, but he was aware that we had material of relevance to the U.S. election,” Steele testified as part of a defamation lawsuit against him in the U.K., according to transcript of the deposition obtained by the Daily Caller.

Talbott, the current president of the Brookings Institution, indicated that he was told of Steele’s work by either former national security adviser Susan Rice or former State Department official Victoria Nuland.

“Although he didn’t state it explicitly, one or either or both of them had briefed him on the work we had been doing,” Steele said. Rice spokeswoman Erin Pelton told the Daily Caller that it is “utterly and completely false” that Rice spoke with Talbott regarding Steele’s investigation. Nuland declined the Daily Caller‘s request for comment.

Steele went on to provide Talbott with a copy of the dossier in November 2016. And Talbott, who was tapped in 2011 by then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to chair the State Department’s Foreign Affairs Advisory Board, disseminated the dossier to his Brookings colleague, Fiona Hill in January 2017 while she was serving in the Trump administration.

Talbott’s brother-in-law, Cody Shearer, also disseminated his own dossier in 2016 claiming that the Kremlin had video of Trump engaged in sexual behavior in Moscow — a charge that later ended up in Steele’s dossier.

Steele also admitted in March that his claim of secret communications between a Russian bank and the Trump presidential campaign was based on a tip from lawyer Michael Sussman, whose firm Perkins Coie represented the Democratic National Committee and Hillary Clinton campaign.

Steele further said that his records on all conversations with the “primary sub-source” of the Steele Dossier, which was used by the FBI as the basis for an investigation of alleged ties between the Trump campaign and Russian operatives, were deleted in 2017. Senate Judiciary Committee chairman Lindsey Graham (R., S.C.) has since asked the Justice Department to release all documents that “question the accuracy and reliability” of Steele’s sources.

From Andy McCarthy --
https://nypost.com/2021/11/04/arrest-il ... y-clinton/
It appears that Durham theorizes that the Trump-Russia collusion narrative was a political attack manufactured by the Clinton campaign. Relying on Danchenko, Steele compiled the reports for Glenn Simpson, co-founder of intelligence firm Fusion-GPS, which specializes in digging up political dirt. Fusion-GPS was retained for the Trump project by Perkins-Coie, the Clinton campaign’s law firm.

In September, Durham indicted former Perkins-Coie attorney Michael Sussmann for making a false statement to the FBI while peddling Trump-Russia allegations that the bureau eventually found unsubstantiated. Durham alleges that Sussmann concealed that he was working for the Clinton campaign and a tech executive who was hoping for an important government job if Clinton was elected.

Durham’s charging instruments suggest that the Clinton campaign used its agents to peddle the Trump-Russia rumors to the government and the media, then used the fact that Trump was being investigated as part of its campaign messaging.
This is getting funner...

Return to “POLITICS”