2022 Fantasy Lacrosse Draft

D1 Mens Fantasy Lacrosse
callaxdad

Re: 2022 Fantasy Lacrosse Draft

Post by callaxdad »

Lax1 wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:13 pm
Keoni007 wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:28 pm Dropping Brett Baskin JHU
Adding Billy Barndes M Fr Princeton
Jeez...didn't even realize he was on anyone else's lists. Talented kid. It's spelled Barnds though :)
He was definitely on mine!! Great kid, great family!
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

Lax1 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:26 pm
Njlaxx11 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:45 am Picking Jon Jarosz SO A NAVY

Dropping Reilly Walsh Duke
This hurts, right before my pick. Nice move. Felt like everyone had missed him somehow. I was getting really excited…
It was between him and Liljeberg for me Jarosz has more eligibility but Logan was a 2 time captain and scored 135 points including a Covid shortened Jr. year, couldn't pass up that type of production. But, I think Jon will be a great player for you.
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

ohmilax34 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:44 am Since the draft is moving kinda slowly, I figured I'd chime in with some thought on what's happened in the draft so far. I don't think there are many fascinating options left in the draft, so it won't be hard to avoid discussing undrafted players.

Best picks (excluding my own):
6 1.6 Keoni007 Leo Johnson FR A Yale
I think he part of a pretty clear top 3 with McAdorey and Schutz. Both talented and seemingly can fit right in on the Yale attack. I wouldn't be surprised if Yale is pretty good again this spring and makes the quarterfinals.

13 1.13 FCALax Shane Knobloch SO M Rutgers
I think that if someone who hasn't been very successful in fanlax would've drafted Knobloch, I wouldn't think the pick was as good, but since FCA picked him it looks like a great move. I don't think Knobloch is the next Paul Rabil, but he's talented and you know he's going to get some points going forward. I question the upside of the pick, but there wasn't an obvious player to pick at this spot.

20 1,20 UK Lax Ronan Jacoby JR A Rutgers
21 2.1 UK Lax Eric Spanos FR A UMD
UK's roster is good. With these picks, he gets points now and in the future. I think Spanos will score lots of points, but maybe not this season.

28 2.8 FCALax Sam English JR M Princeton
Another FCA pick. I wanted English with the next pick. Very athletic, very good junior A box scorer. He was probably worthy of a 1st round pick.

30 2,10 OCanada Casey Wilson FR M Denver
I really know nothing about Wilson, besides he's a very good box scorer. Denver is a little tricky to figure out because sometimes they get guys from BC, like Semple, and they don't play much. I have avoided Denver lately after getting burned by Riley Curtis. I think the 2nd round is a good place for Wilson, because his ceiling seems high.

33 2.13 CalLaxDad Nick Dupuis JR A UMBC
Not a sexy pick, but probably worthy of a first round pick.

49 3.9 Typical Lax Dad Mark Sickler SO M PSU
I considered him with my 2nd round pick. If PSU can get their offense clicking close to how it was with Ament running the show, then watch out for a lot of their guys to put up points.

Befuddling Picks:
17 1.17 GreenieLax Mike Hawkins SR A Notre Dame
24 2.4 GreenieLax Georgetown D
Greenie's roster was ravaged by graduation, so I think he's clearly in rebuilding mode. Using his first two picks on a senior and a defense (two roster spots that open up again for the 2023 season) doesn't make sense to me.
Good takes ohmi!! Dupuis started 10 of 11 games for UMBC last year, led the team in points with 39 and, I'm pretty sure, has 3 more years of eligibility. I haven't been in the league long enough to know but I'd guess those would be pretty compelling numbers for an Attackman.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Ohmi's first 4 picks:
Will Peden FR A Penn State
Jeffrey Ricciardelli FR A Notre Dame
Denver D
Josh Tang FR A UMBC
I like #4.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:05 pm Ohmi's first 4 picks:
Will Peden FR A Penn State
Jeffrey Ricciardelli FR A Notre Dame
Denver D
Josh Tang FR A UMBC
I like #4.
LOL, I think Peden is a reach, but I think he's got a high ceiling. He scored more points at Malvern prep than Spanos. I also think he has a unique skill set. He was also mentioned in IL's fall article about PSU.

Have you seen Ricciardelli? He scores a lot of goals and will be reunited with Pat Kavanagh. He's a really good finisher and PK is a really good passer.

Denver D did pretty well last year and I anticipate them being pretty good again in '22. Good for a 3rd round pick I'd say.

Tang was the subject of a UMBC video tweet a little while back in which he scores a goal. He's big, shoots hard and at UMBC he will probably play pretty soon.

I welcome all feedback on these. At the end of the draft I may put together a post with all of their highlight videos.
PATalk

Post by PATalk »

Nick Dupuis is a very nice pick, his slide down into round 2 likely aided by his not being included in the 2021 leading scorers list.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

PATalk wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:05 pm ...his slide down into round 2 likely aided by his not being included in the 2021 leading scorers list.
No question...
Caddy Day
DU-fan

Post by DU-fan »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:50 am
ohmilax34 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:44 amI don't think there are many fascinating options left in the draft, so it won't be hard to avoid discussing undrafted players.
I beg to differ. I see several. At lease from where I'm sitting. I'll chime in when those players are picked.
ohmilax34 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:44 am Befuddling Picks:
Greenie's roster was ravaged by graduation, so I think he's clearly in rebuilding mode. Using his first two picks on a senior and a defense (two roster spots that open up again for the 2023 season) doesn't make sense to me.
Points are points. And Greenie needs points in 2022. Hawkins i don't know but the G'town D will all but certainly deliver points.
Georgetown D was excellent last year, however they played a soft schedule early in the season and Nova had trouble finding their offense early in the season. To their credit, Georgetown looks like they have a much tougher schedule this year with UMD, Princeton, etc. Will they repeat as the #1 D? Time will tell.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

DU-fan wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:30 pm Will they repeat as the #1 D?
dunno. But if I were a betting man...
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Lax1 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:26 pm
Caddy Day
fcalax

Post by fcalax »

Oh wow....you mentioned me twice??? You made my day!!!! Feeling the love!!

Just thankful I didn't draft Dante Trader :D
ohmilax34 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:44 am Since the draft is moving kinda slowly, I figured I'd chime in with some thought on what's happened in the draft so far. I don't think there are many fascinating options left in the draft, so it won't be hard to avoid discussing undrafted players.

Best picks (excluding my own):
6 1.6 Keoni007 Leo Johnson FR A Yale
I think he part of a pretty clear top 3 with McAdorey and Schutz. Both talented and seemingly can fit right in on the Yale attack. I wouldn't be surprised if Yale is pretty good again this spring and makes the quarterfinals.

13 1.13 FCALax Shane Knobloch SO M Rutgers
I think that if someone who hasn't been very successful in fanlax would've drafted Knobloch, I wouldn't think the pick was as good, but since FCA picked him it looks like a great move. I don't think Knobloch is the next Paul Rabil, but he's talented and you know he's going to get some points going forward. I question the upside of the pick, but there wasn't an obvious player to pick at this spot.

20 1,20 UK Lax Ronan Jacoby JR A Rutgers
21 2.1 UK Lax Eric Spanos FR A UMD
UK's roster is good. With these picks, he gets points now and in the future. I think Spanos will score lots of points, but maybe not this season.

28 2.8 FCALax Sam English JR M Princeton
Another FCA pick. I wanted English with the next pick. Very athletic, very good junior A box scorer. He was probably worthy of a 1st round pick.

30 2,10 OCanada Casey Wilson FR M Denver
I really know nothing about Wilson, besides he's a very good box scorer. Denver is a little tricky to figure out because sometimes they get guys from BC, like Semple, and they don't play much. I have avoided Denver lately after getting burned by Riley Curtis. I think the 2nd round is a good place for Wilson, because his ceiling seems high.

33 2.13 CalLaxDad Nick Dupuis JR A UMBC
Not a sexy pick, but probably worthy of a first round pick.

49 3.9 Typical Lax Dad Mark Sickler SO M PSU
I considered him with my 2nd round pick. If PSU can get their offense clicking close to how it was with Ament running the show, then watch out for a lot of their guys to put up points.

Befuddling Picks:
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:07 pm
DU-fan wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:30 pm Will they repeat as the #1 D?
dunno. But if I were a betting man...
Add Bowen to an already stacked D w most coming back from last year, they were my 1st choice fo sho. Remember also that Gibby Smith missed a good portion of the season as well. However, strength of schedule has been upgraded so they will face some tougher offenses.
PALax11

Post by PALax11 »

fcalax wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:55 pm Oh wow....you mentioned me twice??? You made my day!!!! Feeling the love!!

Just thankful I didn't draft Dante Trader :D
Nice recovery on that Defense pick. Towson -20 last year was a great consolation prize 🏆
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Lax1

Post by Lax1 »

Sincere apologies for the delay, especially since I can't stand when other people hold up the draft. Jarosz pick right before I was up really threw me off.

First:
Add: Tommy Barnds - Princeton SO M
Drop: Quentin Buchman - Notre Dame SR M

Buchman just can't stay healthy/find his way to the field. Painful, because he's really talented and super fun to watch.

Second:
Rutgers D

I may make another pick, depending who's around for my next pick/how I'm feeling about my roster. But I would bet against it.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

dfagan

add: Gunner Philipp SR M Army
drop: Jackson Birtwistle SO A Syracuse

NJLaxx11 picking, Maddog on deck.

82 5.3 NJLaxx11
83 5.4 Maddog
84 5.5 Keoni007
85 5.6 ChopSticks
86 5.7 Typical Lax Dad
87 5.8 Matnum PI
88 5.9 OCanada
89 5.10 ohmilax34
90 5.11 FCALax
91 5.12 DU-Fan
92 5.13 GCCLax
93 5.14 GenghiskhanBluejay
94 5.15 GreenieLax
95 5.16 PA Talk
96 5.17 HipandKneeDoc
97 5.18 UK Lax
98 6.1 UK Lax
99 6.2 HipandKneeDoc
Caddy Day
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

Lax1 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:39 pm Sincere apologies for the delay, especially since I can't stand when other people hold up the draft. Jarosz pick right before I was up really threw me off.

First:

Buchman just can't stay healthy/find his way to the field. Painful, because he's really talented and super fun to watch.

Second:
Rutgers D

I may make another pick, depending who's around for my next pick/how I'm feeling about my roster. But I would bet against it.
Might be wrong but I thought barnds was picked. I remember someone making a comment that whoever picked him spelled his name wrong
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Njlaxx11 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:31 pm
Lax1 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:39 pm Sincere apologies for the delay, especially since I can't stand when other people hold up the draft. Jarosz pick right before I was up really threw me off.

First:

Second:
Rutgers D

Might be wrong but I thought barnds was picked. I remember someone making a comment that whoever picked him spelled his name wrong
Was that the younger brother?
“I wish you would!”
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:37 pm

First:

Second:
Rutgers D

Went back and found it - Billy. Sorry! Didn’t know there were 2 haha.
Lax1

Post by Lax1 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:37 pm

First:

Second:
Rutgers D

Yea the younger brother was taken. I was the one correcting spelling. I couldn't decide between the two lol whoever drafted Billy chose for me.

Both talented, noticeably different players. I bet both become impactful Princeton offensive players.

Return to “D1 MENS FANTASY LACROSSE”