Dropping:

Dox Aitken M GRADUATED UVA
Jackson Reid A GRADUATED OSU

Picking up:

John Maccarone Attack Freshman Ohio State
Matnum PI

Re: 2022 Fantasy Lacrosse Draft

Post by Matnum PI »

maddog29 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:42 pm Thaks for the assist Commish and all coaches - drop Michael Lynch. I'm happy to keep Matt Moore duhhhhhhhhhh..
Maddog, this is what I have for you:

Maddog
1 Jake Taylor JR A Notre Dame
2 Clayton Proctor GRADUATED A Umass
3 Matt Moore SR A UVA
4 Owen Seebold SR A Syracuse
5 Casey McDermott SO A JHU
6 Michael Lynch SO M Notre Dame
7 Kevin Tobin GRADUATED A/M Umass
8 Colby Smith GRADUATED A/M OSU
9 Carter Rice FR M Syracuse
10 Russel Mahar SO A/M UVA
11 Ty English FR M UNC
12 Jackson Raposo SO M JHU
13 Ari Allen FR M OSU
14 Syracuse D
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

dfagan
drop: Garrett Gibbons JR M Maryland
add: Jack Schultz SR A Upenn

Lax1, pick twice.
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

hipandkneedoc wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:48 pm Dropping:
Dox Aitken M GRADUATED UVA
Jackson Reid A GRADUATED OSU
Hip, Reid is a senior this season. You don't want to drop him.

HipandKneeDoc
1 Graham Bundy M JR Georgetown
2 Tynan Walsh M FR UPENN
3 Griffin Westlin SR A Notre Dame
4 Brian Cameron SR A Rutgers
5 Sam Handley SR A Penn
6 Jack Traynor SR A PSU
7 Brennan O'Neill SO A Duke
8 Cade Caggiano FR A Georgetown
9 Jackson Reid SR A OSU
10 John Maccarone FR A OSU
11 Mason Bregman SO A/M UMass
12 Trevor Kelly SO M Army
13 Marquez White SO M Princeton
14 UNC D
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

maddog29 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:45 pm Matt - can you list who's left on DEF? Thanks
I believe that this is correct:

Fairfield D
Hofstra D
JHU D
OSU D
PSU D
Rutgers D
UVA D
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Lax1 picking (twice)...

Caddy Day
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

Matt, I often post some thoughts about the draft after the draft. I mention some picks that I thought were particularly good or befuddling. Do you mind if I do that mid-draft? Things are kinda slow here and I figured it would stir some discussion.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

ohmilax34 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:43 am Matt, I often post some thoughts about the draft after the draft. I mention some picks that I thought were particularly good or befuddling. Do you mind if I do that mid-draft? Things are kinda slow here and I figured it would stir some discussion.
Of course I don't mind. The only no-no is talking about currently un-drafted players. Though, keeping in mind that this league has never been shy about changing stuff within the league, maybe this should be changed, too. Maybe...

Caddy Day
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Ohmi

I think its a great idea. Por favor, try not to link befuddling and Ocanada and make them synonymous
Last edited by OCanada on Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

Since the draft is moving kinda slowly, I figured I'd chime in with some thought on what's happened in the draft so far. I don't think there are many fascinating options left in the draft, so it won't be hard to avoid discussing undrafted players.

Best picks (excluding my own):
6 1.6 Keoni007 Leo Johnson FR A Yale
I think he part of a pretty clear top 3 with McAdorey and Schutz. Both talented and seemingly can fit right in on the Yale attack. I wouldn't be surprised if Yale is pretty good again this spring and makes the quarterfinals.

13 1.13 FCALax Shane Knobloch SO M Rutgers
I think that if someone who hasn't been very successful in fanlax would've drafted Knobloch, I wouldn't think the pick was as good, but since FCA picked him it looks like a great move. I don't think Knobloch is the next Paul Rabil, but he's talented and you know he's going to get some points going forward. I question the upside of the pick, but there wasn't an obvious player to pick at this spot.

20 1,20 UK Lax Ronan Jacoby JR A Rutgers
21 2.1 UK Lax Eric Spanos FR A UMD
UK's roster is good. With these picks, he gets points now and in the future. I think Spanos will score lots of points, but maybe not this season.

28 2.8 FCALax Sam English JR M Princeton
Another FCA pick. I wanted English with the next pick. Very athletic, very good junior A box scorer. He was probably worthy of a 1st round pick.

30 2,10 OCanada Casey Wilson FR M Denver
I really know nothing about Wilson, besides he's a very good box scorer. Denver is a little tricky to figure out because sometimes they get guys from BC, like Semple, and they don't play much. I have avoided Denver lately after getting burned by Riley Curtis. I think the 2nd round is a good place for Wilson, because his ceiling seems high.

33 2.13 CalLaxDad Nick Dupuis JR A UMBC
Not a sexy pick, but probably worthy of a first round pick.

49 3.9 Typical Lax Dad Mark Sickler SO M PSU
I considered him with my 2nd round pick. If PSU can get their offense clicking close to how it was with Ament running the show, then watch out for a lot of their guys to put up points.

Befuddling Picks:
17 1.17 GreenieLax Mike Hawkins SR A Notre Dame
24 2.4 GreenieLax Georgetown D
Greenie's roster was ravaged by graduation, so I think he's clearly in rebuilding mode. Using his first two picks on a senior and a defense (two roster spots that open up again for the 2023 season) doesn't make sense to me.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

ohmilax34 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:44 amI don't think there are many fascinating options left in the draft, so it won't be hard to avoid discussing undrafted players.
I beg to differ. I see several. At lease from where I'm sitting. I'll chime in when those players are picked.
ohmilax34 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:44 am Befuddling Picks:
Greenie's roster was ravaged by graduation, so I think he's clearly in rebuilding mode. Using his first two picks on a senior and a defense (two roster spots that open up again for the 2023 season) doesn't make sense to me.
Points are points. And Greenie needs points in 2022. Hawkins i don't know but the G'town D will all but certainly deliver points.
Last edited by Matnum PI on Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Caddy Day
PATalk

Post by PATalk »

Kudos to Greenie for pioneering a new draft strategy and winning another championship! Quick to seeing the opportunity created by 5th years and the transfers it's providing.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Points are points but they do carry an opportunity cost. I think the choice made depends on how the owner views the quality of their team.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

ohmilax34 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:44 am Since the draft is moving kinda slowly, I figured I'd chime in with some thought on what's happened in the draft so far. I don't think there are many fascinating options left in the draft, so it won't be hard to avoid discussing undrafted players.

I think he part of a pretty clear top 3 with McAdorey and Schutz. Both talented and seemingly can fit right in on the Yale attack. I wouldn't be surprised if Yale is pretty good again this spring and makes the quarterfinals.

I think that if someone who hasn't been very successful in fanlax would've drafted Knobloch, I wouldn't think the pick was as good, but since FCA picked him it looks like a great move. I don't think Knobloch is the next Paul Rabil, but he's talented and you know he's going to get some points going forward. I question the upside of the pick, but there wasn't an obvious player to pick at this spot.

UK's roster is good. With these picks, he gets points now and in the future. I think Spanos will score lots of points, but maybe not this season.

Another FCA pick. I wanted English with the next pick. Very athletic, very good junior A box scorer. He was probably worthy of a 1st round pick.

I really know nothing about Wilson, besides he's a very good box scorer. Denver is a little tricky to figure out because sometimes they get guys from BC, like Semple, and they don't play much. I have avoided Denver lately after getting burned by Riley Curtis. I think the 2nd round is a good place for Wilson, because his ceiling seems high.

I considered him with my 2nd round pick. If PSU can get their offense clicking close to how it was with Ament running the show, then watch out for a lot of their guys to put up points.

Befuddling Picks:
I finally believe I can compete this season. My attack will score a lot of points. I should get decent midfield production this year.
“I wish you would!”
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

OCanada wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:47 pm Points are points but they do carry an opportunity cost. I think the choice made depends on how the owner views the quality of their team.
Agreed
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:53 pm
ohmilax34 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:44 am Since the draft is moving kinda slowly, I figured I'd chime in with some thought on what's happened in the draft so far. I don't think there are many fascinating options left in the draft, so it won't be hard to avoid discussing undrafted players.

Befuddling Picks:
I finally believe I can compete this season. My attack will score a lot of points. I should get decent midfield production this year.
I think you drafted well this year, but I'm saying that assuming you have inside info on Mackesy.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

From the perspective of not-Fantasy D1 Men's Lacrosse, coaches love point-getting transfers. Even if they're just there for a year. Obviously different because of the difference in numbers of players on the roster but, i think, the comparison still holds true.
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:53 pm I finally believe I can compete this season. My attack will score a lot of points. I should get decent midfield production this year.
Typical Lax Dad
Mark Sickler SO M PSU
Joe Robertson SR A Duke
Dylan Watson SR A Georgetown

Joe White SR A PSU
Andrew Dalton SO M Cornell
Jacob Morin JR M Army
Cameron Chauvette SO A JHU
Jason Knox SR A Ohio State
Connor Shellenberger A JR UVA
Dane Hall JR M UMBC
Coulter Mackesy FR A Princeton
Danny Kielbasa SO M Army
Henry Schertzinger SR M UNC
Cornell D
Caddy Day
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:03 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:53 pm I finally believe I can compete this season. My attack will score a lot of points. I should get decent midfield production this year.
Typical Lax Dad
Mark Sickler SO M PSU
Joe Robertson SR A Duke
Dylan Watson SR A Georgetown

Joe White SR A PSU
Andrew Dalton SO M Cornell
Jacob Morin JR M Army
Cameron Chauvette SO A JHU
Jason Knox SR A Ohio State
Connor Shellenberger A JR UVA
Dane Hall JR M UMBC
Coulter Mackesy FR A Princeton
Danny Kielbasa SO M Army
Henry Schertzinger SR M UNC
Cornell D
Plus Knox and maybe Mackesy. Having Shellenberger and Robertson should really help. A lot of good players graduated last May, so this year is pretty open.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Cornell's D is a question mark...

Bottomline, it's a strong squad.
Caddy Day

Return to “D1 MENS FANTASY LACROSSE”