All things Chinese CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

jhu72

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by jhu72 »

Bart wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:14 am Bad science or rushed science? He is a link to a page that lists, to date, the 189 scientific articles retracted that deal with COVID.

https://retractionwatch.com/retracted-c ... 19-papers/

Kind of ugly. Don't know if it is just bad science or rushed science or probably a combination of both.
... I don't know whether this is a lot or something normal for the field of medicine. 10 retractions per month for one "topic" seems a lot, however there has been an explosion in the last 15 years of journals, I suspect quality has suffered across the entire field. This is not confined to medicine. At the same time, the overwhelming majority of these retractions were voluntary. Only ~5% where labeled as having been retracted with "concerns". Many were retracted and then restored with minor change / insignificant change. Some were retracted because something had changed outside the authors control (like a referenced article had been retracted or replaced), changed and then restored. Some were just bad science, a small minority.

Some will take this as their see "science / medicine is just bullsh*t" proof. Actually it is just the opposite.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Bart

Post by Bart »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:40 am
Bart wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:14 am Bad science or rushed science? He is a link to a page that lists, to date, the 189 scientific articles retracted that deal with COVID.

Kind of ugly. Don't know if it is just bad science or rushed science or probably a combination of both.
... I don't know whether this is a lot or something normal for the field of medicine. 10 retractions per month for one "topic" seems a lot, however there has been an explosion in the last 15 years of journals, I suspect quality has suffered across the entire field. This is not confined to medicine. At the same time, the overwhelming majority of these retractions were voluntary. Only ~5% where labeled as having been retracted with "concerns". Many were retracted and then restored with minor change / insignificant change. Some were retracted because something had changed outside the authors control (like a referenced article had been retracted or replaced), changed and then restored. Some were just bad science, a small minority.

Some will take this as their see "science / medicine is just bullsh*t" proof. Actually it is just the opposite.
Agreed. Especially the last thought.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:40 am

Those “some” being imbeciles .
“I wish you would!”
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:52 pm
admin wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:15 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:31 pmWhy are these internet Karen’s so deliriously desirous of sticking viruses into other peoples arms? And their own? And not once mind you, but three four times. Jab me with a disease enough, I’m betting eventually I’m gonna die from it.
PB, this may be your opinion, your perspective but... It's also blatant disinformation and (seemingly) purposely provocative. Slow down, PB.
To stay informed, which part of this in incorrect? Two mRNA shots, plus a required booster, equals three. Must be the 4 count.

BLATANT....now that is a subjective word.......but you're fine when people call others A holes, like I just was.

carry on......PB's post was no more, no less, sardonic than most of TLD's posts.

you are so even handed, in your ADMINing and .....we expect what you will do from here.

yawn
During a lacrosse game, sometimes, players mouth-off at each other. Sometimes, the referee lets it go because the banter is evenly distributed and it's not out of control and etc. But as soon as the mouthing-off is directed at the referee, the flag flies. And for good reason. With that said, RRR... Twweeeeeet! Last Penalty was an 16 minute (32 day) penalty. Making this penalty a 32 minute (64 day) penalty.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Saw that coming a mile away. Deserved but my engaging the dude/woman this am was a stupid move on my part yet the slide was already on.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

admin wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:07 am
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:31 pmWhy are these internet Karen’s so deliriously desirous of sticking viruses into other peoples arms? And their own? And not once mind you, but three four times. Jab me with a disease enough, I’m betting eventually I’m gonna die from it.
PB, this may be your opinion, your perspective but... It's also blatant disinformation and (seemingly) purposely provocative. Slow down, PB.
To stay informed, which part of this in incorrect? Two mRNA shots, plus a required booster, equals three. Must be the 4 count.

BLATANT....now that is a subjective word.......but you're fine when people call others A holes, like I just was.

carry on......PB's post was no more, no less, sardonic than most of TLD's posts.

you are so even handed, in your ADMINing and .....we expect what you will do from here.

yawn
During a lacrosse game, sometimes, players mouth-off at each other. Sometimes, the referee lets it go because the banter is evenly distributed and it's not out of control and etc. But as soon as the mouthing-off is directed at the referee, the flag flies. And for good reason. With that said, RRR... Twweeeeeet! Last Penalty was an 16 minute (32 day) penalty. Making this penalty a 32 minute (64 day) penalty.
Imagine that.
:roll:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:13 am

yawn
Imagine that.
:roll:
Yup, consistency. Don't mouth off at the ref.
Any sport.

BTW, are you cool with Petey's back slaps to you this AM, Kram?
Somehow, I think they must make you at least a bit uncomfortable. ;)
I don't see you engaging in trolling behaviors.

I do agree with you that it'd be better if we could lower the temperature a bit, and in the same vein I think the blatant disinformation that some are willing to post is not ok as well. It's bound to drive angry retorts, indeed it sure appears clearly designed to do so.
Bart

Post by Bart »

yawn
Obviously the Admin has never been a ref in a game with either Tierney or Corrigan :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

For Krameria and others....

Date moved to January 4th. https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/os ... VltzfQsXrk

and for those that do not trust FOx news: https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/04/politics ... index.html
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:00 pm For Krameria and others....

Date moved to January 4th. https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/os ... VltzfQsXrk

and for those that do not trust FOx news: https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/04/politics ... index.html
Good.
Giving folks a little more time to get their heads right, meanwhile a heck of a lot of folks have done so, spurred by the mandate deadline looming.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Bart wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:08 am

yawn
Obviously the Admin has never been a ref in a game with either Tierney or Corrigan :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:D
players...
For some reason, coaches get cut some slack, some a whole lot of slack!
I'd toss 'em a lot faster than most refs.
Don't mind hearing a difference of opinion from a coach, and why, but some of these cats need to be corralled.
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

yawn
https://youtu.be/mgM83-2DPiE
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

There is some serious information missing from this report.

See if you are an astute reader:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1283161

:idea:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:18 pm There is some serious information missing from this report.

See if you are an astute reader:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1283161

:idea:
I'll take a stab....

Nowhere does it mention the termination of healthcare workers to support this influx or nursing home staff vaccination percentages.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

True.

And nowhere does it say HOW they will “prioritize care.”

But there are a few stories out there talking about some hospital workers being “tired” of treating unvaccinated.

Draw your own conclusions on how these death panels are implemented.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

ardilla secreta wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:46 pm

yawn
We get to put away our decoder rings until 2022. Hooray.
Bart

Post by Bart »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:07 pm

yawn
players...
Don't mind hearing a difference of opinion from a coach, and why, but some of these cats need to be corralled.
I got the players part……

Apparently some have coaches status :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Bart wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:03 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:07 pm

yawn
players...
I got the players part……

Apparently some have coaches status :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Who gets this one?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5oAIVuFPUdQ
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:55 pm
ardilla secreta wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:46 pm

yawn
We get to put away our decoder rings until 2022. Hooray.
Be careful about celebrating. He has another alias account ABV 8.3%. :lol: :lol:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

At least one more. And I don’t think they track IP addresses

Of course dancing on a gravestone maybe a bit much, just pour a glass of your favorite brown liquor sit in front of the fire and warm your bones to the reduction in noise

Return to “POLITICS”