Johns Hopkins 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
51percentcorn

Re: Johns Hopkins 2022

Post by 51percentcorn »

If I were Hop I would have been willing to GO to Jacksonville in Feb - not guaranteed to be balmy but better than Baltimore. The more I thought about it - I honestly could see that one coming - 3 midweek games would have been a tall order
jhu06 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:46 am the purpose of homecoming is fun and alcohol why are they making it in colder weather temperature times especially w/Daniels still obsessed w/corona protocols?
Not sure I would characterize the JHU Homecoming as alcohol laden but whatever. However, as an alumnus, why didn't you get the communication as to why Hoemcoming was moved up? Whether you agree with it or not - they explained it. It's on the back half of the student's Spring Break and that minimizes - to a degree - the number of people roaming campus. Again, I'm sure you think it's overkill but it is what it is - and precaution should not be summarily dismissed. If Hopkins does indeed entertain Maryland on April 23 - especially if Hop is somewhat enjoying a decent season - that game will be very crowded and there won't be many masks.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

HopFan16 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:27 pm Well that answers that.

https://judolphins.com/news/2021/11/3/m ... edule.aspx

Feb. 5 opener at home vs. Jacksonville
That, too, is insane.

Why play in Baltimore on February 5 when you can play in Florida? If they need some cash to pay for the trip, just send someone over to any of Bloomberg’s multiple homes and search the sofa cushions for loose change.

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

hmmm wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:58 am https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... ence/58573

Ayres named MVP and top attackman and Claiborne named top Middie at IL's 2023 ID Experience event that happened on 10/24.

Good day for the future Jays.
So, Ayers arrives just in time after Epstein leaves. Fourteen points in three games isn’t bad. ;) Can also play middie.

Claiborne sounds like a true two-way middie. Haven’t had a player like that in a while.

We should complete the 2023 set by getting that Riley kid.

DocBarrister :)
@DocBarrister
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

DocBarrister wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:44 pm
hmmm wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:58 am https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... ence/58573

Ayres named MVP and top attackman and Claiborne named top Middie at IL's 2023 ID Experience event that happened on 10/24.

Good day for the future Jays.
So, Ayers arrives just in time after Epstein leaves. Fourteen points in three games isn’t bad. ;) Can also play middie.

Claiborne sounds like a true two-way middie. Haven’t had a player like that in a while.

We should complete the 2023 set by getting that Riley kid.

We have a faceoff guy in that class already
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

51percentcorn wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:52 pm If I were Hop I would have been willing to GO to Jacksonville in Feb - not guaranteed to be balmy but better than Baltimore. The more I thought about it - I honestly could see that one coming - 3 midweek games would have been a tall order
jhu06 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:46 am the purpose of homecoming is fun and alcohol why are they making it in colder weather temperature times especially w/Daniels still obsessed w/corona protocols?
Not sure I would characterize the JHU Homecoming as alcohol laden but whatever. However, as an alumnus, why didn't you get the communication as to why Hoemcoming was moved up? Whether you agree with it or not - they explained it. It's on the back half of the student's Spring Break and that minimizes - to a degree - the number of people roaming campus. Again, I'm sure you think it's overkill but it is what it is - and precaution should not be summarily dismissed. If Hopkins does indeed entertain Maryland on April 23 - especially if Hop is somewhat enjoying a decent season - that game will be very crowded and there won't be many masks.
They look ridiculous after a fall in which most schools had normal homecomings and the ravens are playing w/normal crowds. Eventually Daniels politics are going to come back to haunt him. And yes I get emails from the school-not the lacrosse updates because I'm not a lacrosse donor/parent/alum.

Florida in february should be in florida. It'll be fun if it's a blizzard or something. My first game as a student was when they played albany in 03 and the snow was piled high after one of the 6 snow storms we had that winter and that was in early march I think. "The Jacksonville Dolphins live from Homewood 8 days before the super bowl" is quite a sentence.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

jhu06 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:42 pm
51percentcorn wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:52 pm If I were Hop I would have been willing to GO to Jacksonville in Feb - not guaranteed to be balmy but better than Baltimore. The more I thought about it - I honestly could see that one coming - 3 midweek games would have been a tall order
They look ridiculous after a fall in which most schools had normal homecomings and the ravens are playing w/normal crowds. Eventually Daniels politics are going to come back to haunt him. And yes I get emails from the school-not the lacrosse updates because I'm not a lacrosse donor/parent/alum.

Florida in february should be in florida. It'll be fun if it's a blizzard or something. My first game as a student was when they played albany in 03 and the snow was piled high after one of the 6 snow storms we had that winter and that was in early march I think. "The Jacksonville Dolphins live from Homewood 8 days before the super bowl" is quite a sentence.
Well one line of thought is that it will be a competitive advantage to have a bunch of kids from florida up here with frozen hands playing against a Hop team that practices outside in it everyday since the administration squashed the bubble.
Hoponboard

Post by Hoponboard »

Richmond vs Hopkins Fall Ball Scrimmage video. Enjoy! Shot with an iPhone 13 Pro Max and edited on an iPad using LumaFusion.

https://youtu.be/xe3Y1KNBaEk
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Hoponboard wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:19 am Richmond vs Hopkins Fall Ball Scrimmage video. Enjoy! Shot with an iPhone 13 Pro Max and edited on an iPad using LumaFusion.

Thanks HOB!

A few observations:

- Degnon can still sling it
- With Fernandez out, it looks like Rodgers was playing some LSM with the presumed defensive starters. Rooting for him after all the injuries
- Epstein's shot at 2:53 clearly trickles in but he appears to block the ref's view of it crossing the goal line — happy to get that out of the way now so it doesn't happen when the games count
- I like the way Jennings plays. He's aggressive. Smith too
- Evans reminds me a little bit of Crawley. Highlight for me was at 4:21, he dodges by a shortie and if you pause at 4:24 he literally has all six members of the D looking at him and collapsing on him — makes the right pass up top to Angelus who spins it one more to Epstein wide open on the wing from 8 yards out and he's not missing from there. But that goal is all Evans. If you can do that consistently, you get to play when it matters
51percentcorn

Post by 51percentcorn »

hmmm wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:46 pm since the administration squashed the bubble.
Look - I think games in Feb are fairly ridiculous but does Hopkins really need a bubble? - "Tammy Taylor - it's not that we NEED the jumbotron it's that we WANT a jumbotron" (Buddy Garrity)
If they somehow put a bubble over Homewood (can't imagine anyone would pay for that) - I'm done - that would be the most ridiculous thing ever - and wouldn't a real game in the back practice lot - where virtually no one could attend - against a white background - be something? I've watched a game in We Are's Holuba Hall - it's awful. Understand it would help with practice for about a month - but a bubble seems a little extravagant.

"At just $25-$30 per square foot, a dome project can easily run into the millions of dollars once all expenses are accounted for. Neglecting to prepare for these expenses can result in a bill of costs that is nowhere near what you budgeted for."
jhu06 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:42 pm They look ridiculous after a fall in which most schools had normal homecomings and the ravens are playing w/normal crowds.
No they really don't - Know why? No one cares - taking the time many months ago to think that maybe the best thing for Homecoming is to reduce the folks milling about campus from maybe 10,000-12,000 to something under 5K - not stupid for an institution whose name is connected to one of the world's leading health organizations.
CTlaxfan1

Post by CTlaxfan1 »

Hoponboard wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:19 am Richmond vs Hopkins Fall Ball Scrimmage video. Enjoy! Shot with an iPhone 13 Pro Max and edited on an iPad using LumaFusion.

Done with an iphone - incredible quality!! Thanks for sharing.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

51percentcorn wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:37 am
hmmm wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:46 pm since the administration squashed the bubble.
Look - I think games in Feb are fairly ridiculous but does Hopkins really need a bubble? - "Tammy Taylor - it's not that we NEED the jumbotron it's that we WANT a jumbotron" (Buddy Garrity)
If they somehow put a bubble over Homewood (can't imagine anyone would pay for that) - I'm done - that would be the most ridiculous thing ever - and wouldn't a real game in the back practice lot - where virtually no one could attend - against a white background - be something? I've watched a game in We Are's Holuba Hall - it's awful. Understand it would help with practice for about a month - but a bubble seems a little extravagant.

"At just $25-$30 per square foot, a dome project can easily run into the millions of dollars once all expenses are accounted for. Neglecting to prepare for these expenses can result in a bill of costs that is nowhere near what you budgeted for."
jhu06 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:42 pm They look ridiculous after a fall in which most schools had normal homecomings and the ravens are playing w/normal crowds.
No they really don't - Know why? No one cares - taking the time many months ago to think that maybe the best thing for Homecoming is to reduce the folks milling about campus from maybe 10,000-12,000 to something under 5K - not stupid for an institution whose name is connected to one of the world's leading health organizations.
The bubble was to be over the practice field and was already funded. The games would still be in the elements at Homewood. Don't think there was ever a plan to play games in the bubble. Loyola does the same thing. Don't believe they've actually played games in their bubble but it certainly helps to have productive practices in January.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

A bubble would be a campus eyesore and from a practical lacrosse perspective it does not strike me as even remotely necessary. I suppose if it's already funded I wouldn't put a stop to it but I'm not exactly heartbroken that it didn't materialize. If we were Vermont or some other school that gets pounded by snow in the winter and early spring then I might change my tune. Climate change will eventually render some existing bubbles around the country obsolete anyway.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

This is wonderful thank you and that sounds like a game crowd with the energy coming through.

51 I don't remember but I thought they were putting the 2020/21 homecoming added on to this one as well.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Thanks, HOB!!!

@DocBarrister
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

DocBarrister wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:26 pm

Thanks, HOB!!!

That’s a professional-quality video, HOB. Great work.

The defense looked solid for pre-season. Some of the second slides looked slow, but that’s a quibble and I’m sure the video doesn’t show a lot of the Blue Jays’ defensive stops. Good work on GBs.

The offense looks unreal. Not sure if I have ever seen better passing and stick skills on a Hopkins team in the past two decades. Probably the 2014 season is the last time I’ve seen such good ball movement on a Johns Hopkins team. Absolutely selfless play.

From this preliminary look, the 2022 Blue Jays are going to be a pretty good team.

@DocBarrister
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

HopFan16 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:48 am A bubble would be a campus eyesore and from a practical lacrosse perspective it does not strike me as even remotely necessary. I suppose if it's already funded I wouldn't put a stop to it but I'm not exactly heartbroken that it didn't materialize. If we were Vermont or some other school that gets pounded by snow in the winter and early spring then I might change my tune. Climate change will eventually render some existing bubbles around the country obsolete anyway.
By the 22nd century, the entire Homewood campus will be under a giant climate-controlled dome powered by solar, wind, and bio-decomposition energy. It will serve to protect students and faculty from disastrous global climate change (yes, we failed in our efforts to combat climate change) and the heat-fueled diseased zombies who will have overrun Baltimore by that time. All funded by the immortal disembodied brain of Michael Bloomberg version 3.0.

Anyway, a bubble dome would have been nice in the interim.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
Hail to the Victors

Post by Hail to the Victors »

Thanks!

Amazing that an iPhone can deliver that quality.

Of course, having a professional using it probably helps. :D
51percentcorn

Post by 51percentcorn »

DocBarrister wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:44 pm The offense looks unreal. Not sure if I have ever seen better passing and stick skills on a Hopkins team in the past two decades. Probably the 2014 season is the last time I’ve seen such good ball movement on a Johns Hopkins team. Absolutely selfless play.
All that from a nine minute highlight video huh? Certainly glad you didn't draw any extreme conclusions or anything like that - two decades takes you past the 2003 team BTW - you might remember that team - they scored 224 goals and had 151 assists and were NCAA finalists - you know in real games
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

51percentcorn wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:07 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:44 pm The offense looks unreal. Not sure if I have ever seen better passing and stick skills on a Hopkins team in the past two decades. Probably the 2014 season is the last time I’ve seen such good ball movement on a Johns Hopkins team. Absolutely selfless play.
All that from a nine minute highlight video huh? Certainly glad you didn't draw any extreme conclusions or anything like that - two decades takes you past the 2003 team BTW - you might remember that team - they scored 224 goals and had 151 assists and were NCAA finalists - you know in real games
You have an attitude problem.

Fix it.

Let fans be fans.

I won’t speak for HOB, but he seemed pretty impressed by the Hopkins offense, too. And he watched the entire scrimmage.

DocBarrister :roll:
@DocBarrister
51percentcorn

Post by 51percentcorn »

I have a problem with being in touch with reality
My other problem is that rational people on this board and thread might lump me in with chuckleheads like you
You want to be a jock sniffing fanboy - have at it
Fix that

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”