All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
63%
1 person.
15%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 68

Kismet

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by Kismet »

a fan wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:06 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:45 pm Man, all those restrictions like outdoor masks and forty vaccine boosters, and Colorado still can’t manage Covid.

Notice you’ve been a bit quiet on your state. Don’t worry, we’re here to let others know.

https://kdvr.com/news/coronavirus/capac ... activated/

Sounds like Thunderdome, everyone for themselves. It’s almost like Covid doesn’t care about masks.

https://www.9news.com/article/news/heal ... 4345c6d464

Fifth highest rate in America. Shouldn’t Coloradans be railing their Governor Polis? Isn’t that how this works? So confused. I kind of recall some here getting on desantis for zero restrictions. We seem fine now, totally open and al ost at zero rate.

Consistency, I think is the issue.
:lol: Pete, dude. As usual, ya got it backwards.

Bowing to political pressure, Polis removed all restrictions month ago, just like your team wants. (and for the record, I agree with the move)

We've got a whole mess of counties that are 30% vaccinated. So when mix massive numbers of unvaccinated Americans with close to zero restrictions? You get full hospitals. Just like YOU wanted.

So you don't get to complain. What you get to do is gloat: this is what you ASKED for, my man. And here we are, filling hospitals with our "freedom warriors".
and also nutjobs like this masquerading as "journalists" posting stupid sh*t on Twitter - Newsmax WH correspondent Emerald Robinson, who tweeted that the vaccine contains a tracer called ‘Lucifer,’ has been suspended by twitter for 7 days.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:15 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:49 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:48 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:45 pm
ggait wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:56 pm
Them's good odds for getting vaccinated.
Yup.

In September 2021, 65% of USA folks had at least one shot, 56% fully vaxed.

So the roughly one-third unvaxed accounted for 95% of the deaths. And the two-thirds vaxed were 5%.

And RRR tells me I'm OB by calling it a disease of the unvaxed.

:roll:

Simlarly, 10% of car passengers don't wear seat belts and those people account for 50% of auto fatalities.

Which means half of all fatalities were wearing seat belts. Guess that proves seat belts don't work!

Man, all those restrictions like outdoor masks and forty vaccine boosters, and Colorado still can’t manage Covid.

Notice you’ve been a bit quiet on your state. Don’t worry, we’re here to let others know.

Sounds like Thunderdome, everyone for themselves. It’s almost like Covid doesn’t care about masks.

Fifth highest rate in America. Shouldn’t Coloradans be railing their Governor Polis? Isn’t that how it works? So confused.
Thanks….

"That means if you are unvaccinated a regular trip to the grocery store, a night out to dinner are more dangerous than they have ever been at any point during this pandemic for you," Polis said. "The delta variant is brutally effective at seeking out the unvaccinated like a laser-guided missile."
Do you also sleep with the lights on? ;) :lol:
Maybe we should move to Sweden.
rolling 7 day of 1 death/day. sweden's killing it.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Kismet wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:20 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:45 pm Man, all those restrictions like outdoor masks and forty vaccine boosters, and Colorado still can’t manage Covid.

Fifth highest rate in America. Shouldn’t Coloradans be railing their Governor Polis? Isn’t that how this works? So confused. I kind of recall some here getting on desantis for zero restrictions. We seem fine now, totally open and al ost at zero rate.

Bowing to political pressure, Polis removed all restrictions month ago, just like your team wants. (and for the record, I agree with the move)

We've got a whole mess of counties that are 30% vaccinated. So when mix massive numbers of unvaccinated Americans with close to zero restrictions? You get full hospitals. Just like YOU wanted.

So you don't get to complain. What you get to do is gloat: this is what you ASKED for, my man. And here we are, filling hospitals with our "freedom warriors".
and also nutjobs like this masquerading as "journalists" posting stupid sh*t on Twitter - Newsmax WH correspondent Emerald Robinson, who tweeted that the vaccine contains a tracer called ‘Lucifer,’ has been suspended by twitter for 7 days.
Our gator troll posted today on here that the Covid vaccines contain the virus and you can actually get Covid from the vaccination...if that's not trolling disinformation I don't know what is.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Yup.

So the roughly one-third unvaxed accounted for 95% of the deaths. And the two-thirds vaxed were 5%.

Simlarly, 10% of car passengers don't wear seat belts and those people account for 50% of auto fatalities.

Which means half of all fatalities were wearing seat belts. Guess that proves seat belts don't work!

Man, all those restrictions like outdoor masks and forty vaccine boosters, and Colorado still can’t manage Covid.

Fifth highest rate in America. Shouldn’t Coloradans be railing their Governor Polis? Isn’t that how it works? So confused.
Thanks….

"That means if you are unvaccinated a regular trip to the grocery store, a night out to dinner are more dangerous than they have ever been at any point during this pandemic for you," Polis said. "The delta variant is brutally effective at seeking out the unvaccinated like a laser-guided missile."
not that it matters, but anyone have any idea how gov and health officials come up with 1 in 51? spitballing?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:31 pmWhy are these internet Karen’s so deliriously desirous of sticking viruses into other peoples arms? And their own? And not once mind you, but three four times. Jab me with a disease enough, I’m betting eventually I’m gonna die from it.
PB, this may be your opinion, your perspective but... It's also blatant disinformation and (seemingly) purposely provocative. Slow down, PB.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:25 pm
Yup.

Thanks….

They killed it!….15k dead, their next door neighbor 2k the other neighbor 1k. Be Like Sweden.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:31 pmWhy are these internet Karen’s so deliriously desirous of sticking viruses into other peoples arms? And their own? And not once mind you, but three four times. Jab me with a disease enough, I’m betting eventually I’m gonna die from it.
What if the dirty little secret is that those that do not get the jab, die off much faster.....3d chess. ;)
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:19 pm
Yup.

Thanks….

They killed it!….15k dead, their next door neighbor 2k the other neighbor 1k. Be Like Sweden.
wouldn't be fanlax without a sweden vs neighboring country comparison!!!
several researchers from norway and sweden tried to tackle it:
https://www.news-medical.net/news/20201 ... demic.aspx
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:35 pm
Yup.

Thanks….

Or Canada!
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

admin wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:15 pm
PB, this may be your opinion, your perspective but... It's also blatant disinformation and (seemingly) purposely provocative. Slow down, PB.
He does this ALL THE TIME here. What makes you think warning him is going to stop him from still doing it.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

ggait wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:50 pm
So, when a Lacrosse coach gets sick, with covid, after being FULLY vaccinated.......it's become a disease of the unimmunized ?
CDC data for September 2021.

2,400 deaths among vaxed people who got breaktrhough infections.

49,800 among unvaxed people that would have been prevented with a vaccination.

Honest question RRR. Are you an a-hole or just dumb?
can't I be both?

do you have a link to the cdc numbers? pretty sure , the "details" of the covid death count will reveal many "asssumed by covid" in the count.

Serious question, why in the world would you care if I died....of anything, much less covid? You are protected, isn't that all that matters? Why do you care if mouthbreathers die from covid? more money for climate change infrastructure, instead of giving it to Kentucky welfare hypocrites......

cdc numbers on TOTAL deaths for 2019 yet......surely, we can't expect them from 2020 yet ?

regarding your numbers......

NO.......your fake numbers, of the UNvaxxed dead........it seems that, again, according to your numbers, that if roughly the 50k that, umm, died of covid, actually got the vaxx, that a whole bunch of them would have died anyway. Do you have the numbers of TOTAL US residents whose vaxx kicked in, because they got their second shot, or the J and J shot, in July ?

dude...sell your useless CDC numbers elsewhere.....they can't even get the TOTAL death count correct, ever.

you are literally one of the biggest, nicest, guys around. I feel priviledged to read your posts and have such a format to do so.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

To stay informed, which part of this in incorrect? Two mRNA shots, plus a required booster, equals three. Must be the 4 count.

BLATANT....now that is a subjective word.......but you're fine when people call others A holes, like I just was.

carry on......PB's post was no more, no less, sardonic than most of TLD's posts.

you are so even handed, in your ADMINing and .....we expect what you will do from here.

yawn
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:35 pm
Yup.

Thanks….

Good thing he didn't study Croatia where he lives.

His language about Norway's "harsh and extreme" measures raises the question of bias, so I'd want to look at his methodology much closer than had he not characterized that way.

so, I checked the other analysis cited today on excess deaths.

The Economist has a quite different analysis of the differential, with Sweden having 109 excess deaths per 100k pop since their first 50 reported cases, whereas Norway had just 2 (as in two); Finland had 48.
Those are the two closest comparisons demographically, weather, and health systems...but differing political responses.

If it makes one feel worse or better, USA is 245.
Our neighbor Canada, 42...but Mexico, 428!
Much bigger variance, in all sorts of ways, with no surprise, much rather have the Canada experience re Covid.

The author's home country of your cite, Croatia, 280, with their neighbor Serbia, 512! Bunch of relatively awful #'s in the Eastern European countries.

https://www.economist.com/graphic-detai ... hs-tracker
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:52 pm
To stay informed, which part of this in incorrect? Two mRNA shots, plus a required booster, equals three. Must be the 4 count.

BLATANT....now that is a subjective word.......but you're fine when people call others A holes, like I just was.

carry on......PB's post was no more, no less, sardonic than most of TLD's posts.

you are so even handed, in your ADMINing and .....we expect what you will do from here.

yawn
"sardonic"?
There is no virus in the vaccine, RRR; it's a blatant falsehood...much of what you post is similarly false, or poorly based in reality, but it's often so hard to decipher what you mean, what you don't, that it generally gets lost in the squirrels you throw out in your semi-haiku rants.

I suspect fellow posters are more prone to give you a pass, most of the time, as you are less predictable and they imagine you must simply be high (as you often attest). I dunno if that's true, but certainly in the realm of possibility that there's a level of something extra involved. Doesn't really explain the anger quotient though. The anger is why I have you on auto-ignore, though I do read most of what you post. Unless it's really full of vitriol and I close it up for awhile again.

But PB doesn't come across as high, but rather as quite purely trolling and quite willing to spread blatant disinformation to ill effect.

So, I think that's why he gets a sharper reaction. No excuse.
Bart

Post by Bart »

yawn
The part about sticking viruses into other peoples arms? If he would have singled out the J&J he would have been correct but the multiple jabs leads me to believe he was talking about the mRNA vaccinations which contain no viruses. So yeah....that is disinformation.

I agree with the A-hole comment. Seems a rather blatant attack on that one.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:07 pm

yawn
"sardonic"?
There is no virus in the vaccine, RRR; it's a blatant falsehood...much of what you post is similarly false, or poorly based in reality, but it's often so hard to decipher what you mean, what you don't, that it generally gets lost in the squirrels you throw out in your semi-haiku rants.

I suspect fellow posters are more prone to give you a pass, most of the time, as you are less predictable and they imagine you must simply be high (as you often attest). I dunno if that's true, but certainly in the realm of possibility that there's a level of something extra involved. Doesn't really explain the anger quotient though. The anger is why I have you on auto-ignore, though I do read most of what you post. Unless it's really full of vitriol and I close it up for awhile again.

But PB doesn't come across as high, but rather as quite purely trolling and quite willing to spread blatant disinformation to ill effect.

So, I think that's why he gets a sharper reaction. No excuse.
What? THAT......is the disinformation.......thought it was that the vaxx was REQUIRED.

maybe admin can answer what they considered blatant falsehood? What....YOU don't hear constant advertizements for OTHER jabs, like the shingles vaccine....LIVE.....and other old school, live viruss....blah blah...if you want to pick that path.

but, alas.......just wondering who died and left you the know it all, paragon of politeness. You are anything, but. Stay classless, not buying your "
dear john, anti anger act. Interesting that you can spout off about other personalities, with your awesome incite and assume you know anything about anyone. Where did I play college lacrosse ? exactly

you don't need us........you talk over us...as if we are even worthy enough to be reading your words . Nah.....you read anger, I read you to be a sad, lonely man that in real life, has little real friendships and interests. You feel important here. Good for you.

BTW: I always have you on ignore.......have zero problem reading over most posts.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Kismet wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:20 pm

Journalist license.....please.

you are SO right........first amendment be damned....

can we only allow Ivy league grads Journalist licenses, to practice INFORMATION of anti Dis, for the first decade. They know the truth. Sakler Hall STAYS.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Bart wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:11 pm

yawn
The part about sticking viruses into other peoples arms? If he would have singled out the J&J he would have been correct but the multiple jabs leads me to believe he was talking about the mRNA vaccinations which contain no viruses. So yeah....that is disinformation.

I agree with the A-hole comment. Seems a rather blatant attack on that one.
well, he did give RRR a choice between dumb and a-hole... ;) :)

Seriously, RRR's posts defy a clear explanation of either his capacities to reason or his motivations.

And just to be clear, (as I know you know) if only specific to J&J it would also be false.

Pretty good description:https://www.vcuhealth.org/news/covid-19 ... -different

"Instead of using mRNA, the Johnson & Johnson vaccine uses a disabled adenovirus to deliver the instructions. This adenovirus is in no way related to the coronavirus. It is a completely different virus. Although it can deliver the instructions on how to defeat the coronavirus, it can’t replicate in your body and will not give you a viral infection."

Nope, not Covid and not going to die from it.
ggait

Post by ggait »

The reason why CO hospitals are filling up is because of the 24% of state residents who are mouth breathing dumb forks who won't get the shot. Most of them live in western CO and are represented by idiot Lauren Boebert.

See below from UC Health, one of the major hospital groups in the state:

Across Colorado, more than 76% of adults are now vaccinated against COVID-19. Inside our hospitals, we’re seeing that the other 24%, who are unvaccinated, are making up the vast majority of our patients with COVID-19. As the charts below show, 76% of our patients hospitalized with COVID-19 are unvaccinated, and over 86% of our COVID-19 patients ventilated in ICUs are unvaccinated. Of our hospitalized patients who were vaccinated at the time of admission, many are immunocompromised.

So because of the muh ruy-iots types, normal responsible people who need surgeries and other care for heart, cancer, hip replacements, etc. may not be able to get the care they deserve. And I happen to be one of them -- I've got a procedure scheduled in mid-December that may not be happening.

If the mouther breathers are so suspicious of docs and medicines that they won't take the shot, then why do they race to hospitals/docs the minute they get sick? They are just selfish a-holes and dumb.

Just like Petey. Who really needs to STFU and go away. For good.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.

Return to “POLITICS”