Voting Rights

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
jhu72

Re: Voting Rights

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:06 am
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:09 am Back here in reality, it's a bad day for Virginia and the D's. McAuliffe did a good job as governor before and the Democrats have run the state well the past few years. We're one of the best states in the nation.

The Democrats are terrible at campaigning and letting the media and the right drive the narrative. CRT? :lol: You mean they're gonna ban the thing that's not taught in schools and most of the R's in the state can't even explain? If D's had simply touted all the policy wins they've had the past few years, they would have been sitting pretty today. McAuliffe handed the election in the second debate.

Hopefully Youngkin is a "moderate" as some extremists claim and governs for all Virginians, but we all saw how that panned out after 2016. :roll:

Honestly the best thing Republicans could do is absolutely nothing. Ride the coattails of the Democrats successes and coast to another win the next go-around. If they start pushing hard Republican and anti-American policies and drag Virginia down with them, they're gonna get kicked to the curb.

As far as voting rights, nearly all Virginians (R or D) weren't allowed to vote in the Republican primary. Youngkin was picked by the party, not voters.
Insanely undemocratic.

Not trying to embarrass you, but seriously, how are so many educated lacrosse fans so unaware of facts? Media? I’m ever-amazed at the obtuse nature of so many Democrats….if you ever wonder why this country elects jokes like McAuliffe, look no further than Natty opining on a topic he literally has no clue about:

McAuliffe himself was the first Virginia governor to promote CRT. In 2015, then-Governor McAuliffe's Department of Education instructed Virginia public schools to "embrace critical race theory" in order to "re-engineer attitudes and belief systems." They explicitly endorsed CRT.

Under the Northam administration, Superintendent of Public Instruction James Lane sent a memo to Virginia public schools endorsing "Foundations of Critical Race Theory in Education," calling it an "important analytic tool" that can "further spur developments in education."

Right now, on its website, the Virginia Department of Education recommends "Critical Race Theory in Education" as a "best practice" and derives its definitions of "racism," "white supremacy," and "education equity" explicitly from "critical race theory."

At the district level, Loudoun County Schools hired a consulting firm to implement "critical race theory" and developed a high school class explicitly teaching "critical race theory." Even the district superintendent admitted the curricula "align with the ideology of CRT."

McAuliffe is playing a linguistic shell game to obfuscate about critical race theory. But the reality is that Virginia Department of Education promotes all of the *concepts* of critical race theory: "systemic racism," "white supremacy," "white privilege," "white fragility," etc.

You can see the official public documents I’m referencing here:

https://christopherrufo.com/mcaullifes-crt-lie/

Let’s not even get into how many wealthy Virginians have fled that state the last few years.
... more Goebbels bullsh*t, relying on Rufo's bullsh*t. :roll: Spinning a story for dumbass republicans.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:30 am
jhu72 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:40 am
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:09 am Back here in reality, it's a bad day for Virginia and the D's. McAuliffe did a good job as governor before and the Democrats have run the state well the past few years. We're one of the best states in the nation.

The Democrats are terrible at campaigning and letting the media and the right drive the narrative. CRT? :lol: You mean they're gonna ban the thing that's not taught in schools and most of the R's in the state can't even explain? If D's had simply touted all the policy wins they've had the past few years, they would have been sitting pretty today. McAuliffe handed the election in the second debate.

Hopefully Youngkin is a "moderate" as some extremists claim and governs for all Virginians, but we all saw how that panned out after 2016. :roll:

Honestly the best thing Republicans could do is absolutely nothing. Ride the coattails of the Democrats successes and coast to another win the next go-around. If they start pushing hard Republican and anti-American policies and drag Virginia down with them, they're gonna get kicked to the curb.

As far as voting rights, nearly all Virginians (R or D) weren't allowed to vote in the Republican primary. Youngkin was picked by the party, not voters.
Insanely undemocratic.
It is true that the republican primary was highly controlled by the party elite. It is more than fair to say the voters did not pick Youngkin to run against McAuliffe. This was an effort to keep the obvious, hardcore Trumpnista out. So the best we can hope for is Youngkin will not give the Trumpnista the time of day, but I am highly highly skeptical. I predict a hard push on Youngkin by Trump and his supporters. I am on record as not believing he can stand the pressure. He is weak. He will cave. Trump is going to want Youngkin to bend a knee in the near future.
Been back to the Martinsville/Danville area lately? Met up last spring with a buddy who runs a bank out of Martinsville, but we actually had breakfast in Greensboro and their ultimately moving the bank to NC. That SW VA area is stunning in geographic beauty but a mess otherwise, even Roanoke.
... not in years. Lot of the family has moved for better job prospects (the family I was closest to). The older folks just dying off. Typical tragedy of rural America.

I had a chance to purchase 300 acres for $150,000 35 years ago. Before everyone moved or died. Did not do it. Farmland that wasn't worth more than the timber on it - no future. You need to have a very long term perspective. Population in the Brookneal area is not growing
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:08 am

Insanely undemocratic.
It is true that the republican primary was highly controlled by the party elite. It is more than fair to say the voters did not pick Youngkin to run against McAuliffe. This was an effort to keep the obvious, hardcore Trumpnista out. So the best we can hope for is Youngkin will not give the Trumpnista the time of day, but I am highly highly skeptical. I predict a hard push on Youngkin by Trump and his supporters. I am on record as not believing he can stand the pressure. He is weak. He will cave. Trump is going to want Youngkin to bend a knee in the near future.
Been back to the Martinsville/Danville area lately? Met up last spring with a buddy who runs a bank out of Martinsville, but we actually had breakfast in Greensboro and their ultimately moving the bank to NC. That SW VA area is stunning in geographic beauty but a mess otherwise, even Roanoke.
... not in years. Lot of the family has moved for better job prospects (the family I was closest to). The older folks just dying off. Typical tragedy of rural America.

I had a chance to purchase 300 acres for $150,000 35 years ago. Before everyone moved or died. Did not do it. Farmland that wasn't worth more than the timber on it - no future. You need to have a very long term perspective. Population in the Brookneal area is not growing
Timberland at $500/ac ain’t bad. Just for living on isn’t too bad and I’m sure the carry from taxes and property insurance unimproved can’t be high.

I like the area for 7-8mo of the year one day when I’m old. But want to
Be more in blue ridge parkway mountain range. I see martinsville plenty and it’s trash .
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:13 am

Insanely undemocratic.

Timberland at $500/ac ain’t bad. Just for living on isn’t too bad and I’m sure the carry from taxes and property insurance unimproved can’t be high.

Be more in blue ridge parkway mountain range. I see martinsville plenty and it’s trash .
I wasn't looking for a dying town to live in at the time. Was starting a business flying all over the place constantly.

Your idea of the 81 Blue Ridge corridor makes a lot more sense, but of course you will pay more.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:25 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:13 am

Insanely undemocratic.

I wasn't looking for a dying town to live in at the time. Was starting a business flying all over the place constantly.

Your idea of the 81 Blue Ridge corridor makes a lot more sense, but of course you will pay more.
It’s like $3-$20k/ac depending on location. And that’s raw.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:26 am
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:06 am Not trying to embarrass you, but seriously, how are so many educated lacrosse fans so unaware of facts? Media? I’m ever-amazed at the obtuse nature of so many Democrats….if you ever wonder why this country elects jokes like McAuliffe, look no further than Natty opining on a topic he literally has no clue about:

McAuliffe himself was the first Virginia governor to promote CRT. In 2015, then-Governor McAuliffe's Department of Education instructed Virginia public schools to "embrace critical race theory" in order to "re-engineer attitudes and belief systems." They explicitly endorsed CRT.

Under the Northam administration, Superintendent of Public Instruction James Lane sent a memo to Virginia public schools endorsing "Foundations of Critical Race Theory in Education," calling it an "important analytic tool" that can "further spur developments in education."

Right now, on its website, the Virginia Department of Education recommends "Critical Race Theory in Education" as a "best practice" and derives its definitions of "racism," "white supremacy," and "education equity" explicitly from "critical race theory."

At the district level, Loudoun County Schools hired a consulting firm to implement "critical race theory" and developed a high school class explicitly teaching "critical race theory." Even the district superintendent admitted the curricula "align with the ideology of CRT."

McAuliffe is playing a linguistic shell game to obfuscate about critical race theory. But the reality is that Virginia Department of Education promotes all of the *concepts* of critical race theory: "systemic racism," "white supremacy," "white privilege," "white fragility," etc.

You can see the official public documents I’m referencing here:

https://christopherrufo.com/mcaullifes-crt-lie/

Let’s not even get into how many wealthy Virginians have fled that state the last few years.

You should look in the mirror. So can you actually show me where CRT is being taught to kids? Because I don't see it as an option for my kids here in Virginia. Or are you just gonna use buzz-words scared about rather than dive into the actual topics being discussed? Amazing how much of that DOE stuff was debunked a long time ago too.

CRT is an idea that college educated teachers can learn about to teach more effectively. It's a great thing for teachers to know. You people are scared about teachers teaching actual unbiased history.

It's like being mad at school lunches being healthy.

Amazing with all the hatred and divisiveness you throw at it, Virginia is still a better state. Even with Youngkin.

Did you look at that article, where ACTUAL official documents saying the complete opposite of what you claim? These are official public documents, not some rando’s liberal claims on Fanlax. Ie: these are indisputable facts.

Try it out someday.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:44 am
youthathletics wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:42 am

Insanely undemocratic.
Sounds like a great place to buy some land...maybe on the cheap?
I want it somewhere between the VaTech exits and 199 (W&L territory/natural bridge) but not within 10 or so mi of Blacksburg or Roanoke off I81 for retirement. (and some kind of cold weather condo in AZ, NM or between Naples and Tampa) that's basically how I'd like to retire.
Are we just become best friends? :lol: :lol: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-ZUDtaGf3I
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:47 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:44 am
youthathletics wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:42 am

Insanely undemocratic.
Sounds like a great place to buy some land...maybe on the cheap?
I want it somewhere between the VaTech exits and 199 (W&L territory/natural bridge) but not within 10 or so mi of Blacksburg or Roanoke off I81 for retirement. (and some kind of cold weather condo in AZ, NM or between Naples and Tampa) that's basically how I'd like to retire.
Are we just become best friends? :lol: :lol: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-ZUDtaGf3I
Better not put your sack on my drum set!

Maybe we chop up some large land tract in VA in 5-20yrs...
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:28 pm Great speech by Winsome Sears: https://twitter.com/TPostMillennial/sta ... 53129?s=20

She’s a total rock star.

But like the case with Byron Donald’s of Florida, Winsome dents the desired narrative by the left. She’s black.

One of the other great changes in our voting results yesterday is Hispanics now going majority for Republicans. :lol: Want to know why? Because like any normal human being, they care about the ‘little’ things like inflation, school excellence, and safety.

So as Democrats keep wanting to defund your police, teach kids to hate America, and demand that people call others by the correct pronouns like Xi/Xir (this is not an exaggeration btw), not to mention the highly offensive Latinx (which Latinos despise! :lol: ), Republicans mop up.

Sweet days ahead, boys. Marxism nipped in the bud, I hope.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Stats on Hispanic voting yesterday are available where?

Only in Florida, with a heavily Cuban presence, have Hispanics broken as a majority for an R.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:55 pm Stats on Hispanic voting yesterday are available where?

Only in Florida, with a heavily Cuban presence, have Hispanics broken as a majority for an R.
In Virginia, exit polls had Hispanic/Latinos voting 68% for McAuliffe, 31% for Youngkin. Biden got 61% last year, so they're actually trending more Democrat in VA.

Big oof moment there.

https://www.cnn.com/election/2021/novem ... a/governor
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:19 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:55 pm Stats on Hispanic voting yesterday are available where?

In Virginia, exit polls had Hispanic/Latinos voting 68% for McAuliffe, 31% for Youngkin. Biden got 61% last year, so they're actually trending more Democrat in VA.

Big oof moment there.

Do you guys get everything wrong, or just most things? CNN was a tiny exit poll. VoteCast and WSJ did extensive polling.

Try 55% Latino for Youngkin.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/behind-the ... 1635923354

BA559976-3BD1-4FE6-90A0-91B9ED13E1B1.jpeg
BA559976-3BD1-4FE6-90A0-91B9ED13E1B1.jpeg (34.8 KiB) Viewed 954 times

It’s like comedy around here. No facts, just immediate confirmation bias. I swear.

Also take a look at Lujon’s victory in Texas.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:43 pm

Big oof moment there.

Do you guys get everything wrong, or just most things? CNN was a tiny exit poll. VoteCast and WSJ did extensive polling.

It’s like comedy around here. No facts, just immediate confirmation bias. I swear.

Fox’s is same.

F10F94F3-855E-47A0-B462-0E737AD8D764.jpeg
F10F94F3-855E-47A0-B462-0E737AD8D764.jpeg (137.17 KiB) Viewed 951 times
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:38 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:28 pm Great speech by Winsome Sears: https://twitter.com/TPostMillennial/sta ... 53129?s=20

She’s a total rock star.

But like the case with Byron Donald’s of Florida, Winsome dents the desired narrative by the left. She’s black.

One of the other great changes in our voting results yesterday is Hispanics now going majority for Republicans. :lol: Want to know why? Because like any normal human being, they care about the ‘little’ things like inflation, school excellence, and safety.

So as Democrats keep wanting to defund your police, teach kids to hate America, and demand that people call others by the correct pronouns like Xi/Xir (this is not an exaggeration btw), not to mention the highly offensive Latinx (which Latinos despise! :lol: ), Republicans mop up.

Sweet days ahead, boys. Marxism nipped in the bud, I hope.

... another politician you know nothing about, from a state you know nothing about, claiming she is a total rock star. :lol:

You know she was VP of the Virginia Board of Education, you know where all that CRT was being forced down the throats of Virginia. :lol: :lol:

Speaking of rock stars (declared by you), how is Kim Klacik doing? :lol: :lol:
a fan

Post by a fan »

She’s a total rock star.

Did either of you actually listen to her speech? When she got to the "here's what we're actually going to do" part (4:48), she opened with more socialism, more spending, more government.

Is that the bottom line for you guys? You'll accept any idea or policy, so long as a little R does it?

FFS guys. Maybe work a little harder at hiding that you're actually big government libs, but you just need a Republican to do it so that you can pretend that you're not.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:47 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:43 pm

Big oof moment there.

Fox’s is same.

F10F94F3-855E-47A0-B462-0E737AD8D764.jpeg
PB......slow down. Stop posting things that actually backup your declaratory statements.....making them seem more factual.

Ah........you are box bound, as I. Need to silence thoughts and "disinformation", even here on laxfan :roll:
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:45 pm
She’s a total rock star.

Did either of you actually listen to her speech? When she got to the "here's what we're actually going to do" part (4:48), she opened with more socialism, more spending, more government.

Is that the bottom line for you guys? You'll accept any idea or policy, so long as a little R does it?

FFS guys. Maybe work a little harder at hiding that you're actually big government libs, but you just need a Republican to do it so that you can pretend that you're not.
Whatever, is this your only stchick.........pull out the obvious hypocrisy. of big govt/ lying.. geez....everyone of us gets it. Politicians...all of them....lie.

like listening to "have a cigar" for the millioneth tyme.

We got it......little R's are fake when it comes to doing what they don't say, only doing what they always do.

Pelosi's icecream drawer........alcohol helps fight climate change. well, at least you should apply for a grant to prove that theory, it IS in the new bill.

Do other countries have only two parities, like OUR democracy ;)
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Given the reliability of Petey's information dumps over time, I googled Votecast to see what I could find:

https://apnews.com/article/virginia-ele ... abc138a61a

Apparently they did find a tightening in the split among Hispanics among the less than 3,000 total voters surveyed, but nothing like a 55% Youngkin.

On the other hand, Youngkin outperformed Trump, according to this small poll, among whites.

Of course, Youngkin grossly outperformed Trump in aggregate... and whites were the largest demographic by far, so...

And yet, as Hispanics are now 10.7% of the population of Virginia, it's interesting that Petey's two cited polls only found 5% of those they surveyed identified as such...hmm, maybe they didn't call the right neighborhoods???
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:12 pm Whatever, is this your only stchick.........pull out the obvious hypocrisy. of big govt/ lying.. geez....everyone of us gets it. Politicians...all of them....lie.
No.....you missed it completely. This lady isn't lying. She's telling the truth, and telling Pete and YA EXACTLY what they're going to do as Republican leaders.

More spending. More socialism. More government.

And yet they're thrilled with this speech. She's not the problem here, RRR.

We have millions and millions of American voters who are unable to admit that they WANT these things. So we have to play stupid political games while all our major problems go unsolved. It's maddening.

Return to “POLITICS”