Cornell 2019

D1 Mens Lacrosse
another fan

Re: Cornell 2019

Post by another fan »

Angelo Petrakis, probably the top HS fogo and 2019 Cornell recruit, made it to the state wrestling finals at 182 lbs where he lost to the top seed. He was also a captain of his football team.

For those wondering why Nanticoke did not play Saturday, he has been suspended indefinitely for tagging a lacrosse stringing company in an Instagram post! Sounds ridiculous.
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

Jonathan Donville has been named Ivy Player of the Week for his performance versus Albany.
laxjuris

Post by laxjuris »

another fan wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:44 pm Angelo Petrakis, probably the top HS fogo and 2019 Cornell recruit, made it to the state wrestling finals at 182 lbs where he lost to the top seed. He was also a captain of his football team.

For those wondering why Nanticoke did not play Saturday, he has been suspended indefinitely for tagging a lacrosse stringing company in an Instagram post! Sounds ridiculous.
Petrakis is the highest-rated FOGO recruit for Cornell that I can recall. To be a finalist for the NY wrestling title is great evidence of his strength and athleticism, as NY HS wrestling is among the best in the country. All that guarantees nothing, as we know high school rankings only get you so far; for example, Harvard Senior James Sullivan was the top FOGO recruit coming out of Garden City and was the 5th ranked overall recruit, and he’s never reached 50% in a season and is now the backup behind a sophomore who’s winning only about 35% of the faceoffs he’s taken.

Regarding Nanticoke, I hope there’s more to his suspension than what Another Fan posted, since that stated reason seems ridiculous.
another fan

Post by another fan »

laxjuris wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:00 pm
another fan wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:44 pm Angelo Petrakis, probably the top HS fogo and 2019 Cornell recruit, made it to the state wrestling finals at 182 lbs where he lost to the top seed. He was also a captain of his football team.

Petrakis is the highest-rated FOGO recruit for Cornell that I can recall. To be a finalist for the NY wrestling title is great evidence of his strength and athleticism, as NY HS wrestling is among the best in the country. All that guarantees nothing, as we know high school rankings only get you so far; for example, Harvard Senior James Sullivan was the top FOGO recruit coming out of Garden City and was the 5th ranked overall recruit, and he’s never reached 50% in a season and is now the backup behind a sophomore who’s winning only about 35% of the faceoffs he’s taken.

Regarding Nanticoke, I hope there’s more to his suspension than what Another Fan posted, since that stated reason seems ridiculous.
Yes, rankings at fogo or any other position do not guarantee success at the next level. In fairness to Sullivan, he had major injury issues throughout his career. I do not know whether he is healthy now.

As for Nanticoke, there is a post on the Albany thread thankfully indicating that the suspension is over.
nomofogo

Post by nomofogo »

DMac

Post by DMac »

Yes, that's pretty much telling it like it is. Marr has had a bit of a rough road lately and I can't imagine the NCAA is much helping with Tehoka's decision making as to whether or not to go pro.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

I'm happy to see that nomofogo has found his way here!

I also liked Marr's comments.

And I'm glad that Tehoka's status has been restored. I never thought of this (being a dinosaur who doesn't use social media), but I guess these days student-athletes have to be warned about this sort of thing. Ugh.
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

Jake McCulloch has been nominated for the Lowes Senior Class Award. I don't think the voting link is up yet, but fans can vote daily.
Bigredlaxfan

Post by Bigredlaxfan »

Will there be live streaming of the Penn State game?
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

Both the Cornell and PSU web sites indicate only radio. I don't see the game on the Ivy streaming service yet.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Where is the game being played?
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:47 pm Where is the game being played?
The Sportsplex is located at 2425 Sports Parkway Matthews, NC 28105
Farfromgeneva is a sissy soy boy
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

Charlotte, NC. It is part of The Crown Classic. Jacksonville, Penn State and Towson are playing. Jacksonville will play Penn State and Towson as well. There is more information on: "www.thecrownlacrosse.com" .
bigpappibear

Post by bigpappibear »

I see no mention of streaming these games. I think we may be out of luck.
semsox

Post by semsox »

Guess there's not much demand for a 4 team tourney featuring 3 top-4 ranked teams. KUTGW whoever organized this.
bigpappibear

Post by bigpappibear »

It appears they are only focused on tickets. I'm sure some genius over there thought live streaming would hurt ticket sales. These are two of the top games of the season we're missing. Should we start a petition that Cornell never play in this lame tournament again?
bigpappibear

Post by bigpappibear »

Did a little research. Seems like there is an MLL connection, which makes sense, because the MLL is terrible at marketing. This is precisely the type of dumb move the MLL typically makes, but this time, its impacting our ability to watch Cornell play two different top t teams. Very lame.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

It's possible (not likely, but possible) that a stream will appear at the last minute. This is typically what happens with the Pacific Coast Classic game (for which I am getting daily emails with 20% off tickets …).
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

Speaking of the MLL, at some point on the appropriate thread, it would be interesting to know how players have made decisions with respect to the new pro league, the Premier Lacrosse League. It seems that Rob Pannell is sticking with the MLL, and that Connor Buczek is moving to "Atlas" in the PLL. Also, many, many really big names of both players, and previously retired coaches are stepping up in the PLL.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Bandito wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:00 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:47 pm Where is the game being played?
The Sportsplex is located at 2425 Sports Parkway Matthews, NC 28105
Thanks.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”