All things Chinese CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

runrussellrun

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by runrussellrun »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:20 pm
jhu72 wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:35 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:34 am Very good article related to this thread and so much more:

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/10/3 ... ood%20Dive

Right up my alley.
... its not like the medical profession has not advertised the fact.
Actually...most doctors were never trained to understand nutrition's importance, much less what to do about it. Almost zero understanding of the behavioral aspects, much less the actual dietary changes that are necessary dependent upon various other risk factors.

And those who do understand the stupidity of how we have let our eating culture be shaped for profit, are only reaching a subset of the population.

The good news is that this is getting through to an increasing number, but man we're a long way from actually being serious beyond the individual decision level. And individual decisions are really hard (sugar, fat, salt) under impulse conditions, which is how we've engineered our society.
Did you start drinking already, because your reply is odd.

"...most doctors......nurtition..."

what does this even mean? Since when do people live by the word of their doctors?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCMzjJjuxQI
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:34 am Very good article related to this thread and so much more:

Right up my alley.
Tomorrow....we will learn about a large, yellow object, rising in the eastern sky..........

Krebs cycle is basic stuff.....but what do Doc's know :ugeek:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Right up my alley.
Actually...most doctors were never trained to understand nutrition's importance, much less what to do about it. Almost zero understanding of the behavioral aspects, much less the actual dietary changes that are necessary dependent upon various other risk factors.

And those who do understand the stupidity of how we have let our eating culture be shaped for profit, are only reaching a subset of the population.

The good news is that this is getting through to an increasing number, but man we're a long way from actually being serious beyond the individual decision level. And individual decisions are really hard (sugar, fat, salt) under impulse conditions, which is how we've engineered our society.
I am not sure you can blame it on the medical professionals for not spreading the word. The TV talking head docs mention it frequently when talking about COVID causes / factors. My healthcare providers make a point of it every time I see one of them, I have T2 diabetes, although not overweight or obese. It sure hasn't sunken into Joe average's brain though as far as I can see.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:53 pm

Right up my alley.

I am not sure you can blame it on the medical professionals for not spreading the word. The TV talking head docs mention it frequently when talking about COVID causes / factors. My healthcare providers make a point of it every time I see one of them, I have T2 diabetes, although not overweight or obese. It sure hasn't sunken into Joe average's brain though as far as I can see.
Not blaming them, most were never trained in this area.

Yes, the risks are mentioned a lot re co-morbidities with covid, but the notion that we really can do something about it is rarely discussed. And I mean as individuals, companies, and as government.

And the magnitude (50% of all health costs are preventable through better nutrition), is largely ignored.

There's a whole lot that could/should be done, but we treat this as if it's just a matter of a little self discipline or throw up our hands altogether and claim "individual liberty".
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:01 pm

Right up my alley.

Yes, the risks are mentioned a lot re co-morbidities with covid, but the notion that we really can do something about it is rarely discussed. And I mean as individuals, companies, and as government.

And the magnitude (50% of all health costs are preventable through better nutrition), is largely ignored.

There's a whole lot that could/should be done, but we treat this as if it's just a matter of a little self discipline or throw up our hands altogether and claim "individual liberty".
Have any of you ever had a chili cheese frito?!?!?!? Come talk to me after having a handful of those!
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:05 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:01 pm

Right up my alley.

Have any of you ever had a chili cheese frito?!?!?!? Come talk to me after having a handful of those!
I am now jonesing for them, just because you mentioned them. They are so damned addicting......and are also amazing if you pour a handful in homemade chili.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I just pour the bag into my mouth to avoid “frito fingers”
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:19 pm I just pour the bag into my mouth to avoid “frito fingers”
Chopsticks work great...
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Never even thought of that. Thanks!
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Pro tip: empty the bag, fill it halfway with taco meat and Taco fixins, then add some of the chips back. It’s called walking tacos or taco bags. It’s also a great tailgate dish.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:31 pm Pro tip: empty the bag, fill it halfway with taco meat and Taco fixins, then add some of the chips back. It’s called walking tacos or taco bags. It’s also a great tailgate dish.
They basically sell that at qT gas stations down south
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Bye Cube…..
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:57 am

Bye Cube…..
Must be nice to walk away from $9mm...
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:29 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:57 am

Bye Cube…..
Must be nice to walk away from $9mm...
...also nice to know men of principles still exist........
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Scared of a vaccine that's saving millions of lives around the world...what a role model.
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:31 pm Pro tip: empty the bag, fill it halfway with taco meat and Taco fixins, then add some of the chips back. It’s called walking tacos or taco bags. It’s also a great tailgate dish.
You forgot to tell him how to strap it around his neck for a feed bag.
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

Speaking of freetos, I exercised my right to freedom and got my Pfizer booster yesterday. Now fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and Rabies.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

ardilla secreta wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:42 amRabies.
One of the scariest diseases out there. Terrible way to go.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

ardilla secreta wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:38 am
You forgot to tell him how to strap it around his neck for a feed bag.
I keep getting better and better tips!
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »