Conservative Ideology 2024: NOTHING BUT LIES AND FEARMONGERING

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Farfromgeneva

Re: Conservative Ideology

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I did read them all. Doesn’t negate the first part you once again ASSume too much and don’t live by your own rules.

Bouncing around and flailing and not even a coherent argument first it’s home Democrats then it’s wanting to prove something relative to me.

None of it changes that one of the best feels like he has to walk away from being associated with his party in congress now because of the way 190 of them are behaving. He said that on This week this am.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
old salt

Post by old salt »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:56 pm I did read them all. Doesn’t negate the first part you once again ASSume too much and don’t live by your own rules.

Bouncing around and flailing and not even a coherent argument first it’s home Democrats then it’s wanting to prove something relative to me.

None of it changes that one of the best feels like he has to walk away from being associated with his party in congress now because of the way 190 of them are behaving. He said that on This week this am.
I was posting information relevant to the topic under discussion.
I was not making an argument. You are, just to argue & name call.

see Kinzinger discussion @ 42:15
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B71cBRPgt9k
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

the continued state of republican mindlessness:

https://i.imgur.com/amETiju.png
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

old salt wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:19 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:56 pm I did read them all. Doesn’t negate the first part you once again ASSume too much and don’t live by your own rules.

I was posting information relevant to the topic under discussion.
I was not making an argument. You are, just to argue & name call.

see Kinzinger discussion @ 42:15
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B71cBRPgt9k
Ok...
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Nothing to see here...

https://www.newsweek.com/gop-senate-can ... rs-1644308

Only the best...
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Seems like a very conservative thing to do....let's see if the UN accepts the offer: https://twitter.com/newsmax/status/1455 ... 24963?s=20
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:06 pm Seems like a very conservative thing to do....let's see if the UN accepts the offer: https://twitter.com/newsmax/status/1455 ... 24963?s=20
I don’t do Twitter but see a newsmax
Last edited by Farfromgeneva on Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

The [Republican] Aristocrats Funding the Critical Race Theory ‘Backlash’
Trump rode racial resentment to victory in 2016, and also polls highest among white voters without a college degree. In 2017, a Pew Research survey found that Republican support for higher education fell more than 20 points in just two years. Brandon Busteed, who also observed the trend while serving as director of education and workforce development at Gallup, called it the most pronounced partisan-linked shift in Gallup’s history.

Phil Hackney, an expert in nonprofits at the University of Pittsburgh School of Law, said the strategy is “as old as politics.”

“With respect to education, I’ve been watching this since at least the early 2000s, when many groups in the charter school movement were getting money from the same folks. They would look for individuals who represent common citizens, in order to create distance between the money and the voices,” Hackney told The Daily Beast. “It’s a very common strategy, as old as politics: Distort the moneyed interests people might distrust, and separate them from the ‘common-man’ voice of the movement.”

Cunningham opened the scope even further.

“The folks who fund this also oppose public education, the distribution of public goods, and the power of collective action. It ties up in a nice package with a big bow: To undermine democracy,” Cunningham said, pointing to Turning Point chartering dozens of buses to the Jan. 6 Stop the Steal rally.

“Scratch the surface of these groups, and you just find it’s the same damn people,” he said.
"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

dislaxxic wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:28 pm The [Republican] Aristocrats Funding the Critical Race Theory ‘Backlash’
Trump rode racial resentment to victory in 2016, and also polls highest among white voters without a college degree. In 2017, a Pew Research survey found that Republican support for higher education fell more than 20 points in just two years. Brandon Busteed, who also observed the trend while serving as director of education and workforce development at Gallup, called it the most pronounced partisan-linked shift in Gallup’s history.

Phil Hackney, an expert in nonprofits at the University of Pittsburgh School of Law, said the strategy is “as old as politics.”

“With respect to education, I’ve been watching this since at least the early 2000s, when many groups in the charter school movement were getting money from the same folks. They would look for individuals who represent common citizens, in order to create distance between the money and the voices,” Hackney told The Daily Beast. “It’s a very common strategy, as old as politics: Distort the moneyed interests people might distrust, and separate them from the ‘common-man’ voice of the movement.”

Cunningham opened the scope even further.

“The folks who fund this also oppose public education, the distribution of public goods, and the power of collective action. It ties up in a nice package with a big bow: To undermine democracy,” Cunningham said, pointing to Turning Point chartering dozens of buses to the Jan. 6 Stop the Steal rally.

“Scratch the surface of these groups, and you just find it’s the same damn people,” he said.
Yup. Been that way my entire life.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Another story from the looney bin. :lol: I am dying to hear their list of "forbidden courses". Maybe they will establish The Trump Chair in Alternative Reality. Speaking of Trump, they can probably pick up a bunch of furniture, and course materials cheap. Rumor has it he had a so called university once.

The players in the world of misfit professors. Reads like the guest list for the Bill Maher Show (that great leftist illiberal devil). :lol: :lol:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Get ready for another silly culture war over mandated drunk driver sensors in cars and trucks. Looking forward to Goebbels explaining to us why idiots should be allowed to kill other people because it is their "freedom" that is more important. :roll: Conservative judges will find that cars and trucks are "arms", to grandfather them under the second amendment. :lol:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:52 am The players in the world of misfit professors. Reads like the guest list for the Bill Maher Show (that great leftist illiberal devil). :lol: :lol:
Isnt' Austin the most liberal in Tx?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:22 am
jhu72 wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:52 am The players in the world of misfit professors. Reads like the guest list for the Bill Maher Show (that great leftist illiberal devil). :lol: :lol:

I think it’s mostly a virtual school, to start. But if they stay true to their mission statement of free speech and independent thought, they will get massive donations from folks like me who are somewhat ambivalent today about donating to colleges where lack of free speech and lack of independent thought is par for the course.

In any event, there is no profession that comes close to a college professor whereby there is almost zero professional accountability. Look around the universe of colleges and it’s simply stunning to see such retrograde racist morons like Eric Michael Dyson getting tenure at Vanderbilt, a school of theoretically smart kids. I could list hundreds of professors that should, instead of teaching, be grateful to mop the customer restrooms at truck stops.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:22 am
... I have no idea why the right wing businessmen (using the term loosely) chose Austin.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

This is who they are. Who among us running a business would let this guy interact with co-workers?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html

"Rep. Paul A. Gosar (R-Ariz.) shared an altered, animated video that depicts him killing Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) and swinging two swords at President Biden, prompting condemnation and calls for his Twitter and Instagram accounts to be suspended.

Ocasio-Cortez responded Monday night after arriving in Glasgow, Scotland, as part of a congressional delegation. Gosar, she said, will probably “face no consequences” because House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) “cheers him on with excuses.”

A Gosar staffer defended the video Monday night, dismissing claims that it glorifies violence.

“Everyone needs to relax,” Gosar’s digital director, Jessica Lycos, said in a statement.

A Twitter spokesperson said late Monday that a “public interest notice” had been placed on Gosar’s tweet because it violates the company’s policy against hateful conduct.

Gosar has long drawn criticism for his extremist views, including his spreading of conspiracy theories about the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol by a pro-Trump mob and the deadly white-nationalist rally in Charlottesville in 2017. In February, he appeared at an event whose organizer called for white supremacy. Gosar later distanced himself from the organizer’s remarks.

The congressman’s Sunday night post — which he shared on Twitter and Instagram — appeared to go further than his previous contentious remarks and social media posts, raising the specter of political violence in a manner similar to former president Donald Trump’s frequent allusions to armed revolution.

“Any anime fans out there?” Gosar said in the tweet in which he shared a link to the video.

The 90-second clip appears to be an altered version of the opening credits of the Japanese animated series “Attack on Titan.” The show revolves around a hero who sets out to destroy the Titans, giant creatures that have devoured nearly all of human civilization. In recent years, Internet users have turned the show’s opening credits into a popular meme.

Paul Gosar was a beloved dentist. Now he’s a MAGA congressman. His former patients need a spit bowl.

In the video Gosar posted, the congressman is depicted fighting the Titans alongside Republican Reps. Marjorie Taylor Greene (Ga.) and Lauren Boebert (Colo.). In one scene, Ocasio-Cortez’s face is edited over one of the Titans’ faces. Gosar flies into the air and slashes the Titan in the back of the neck, killing it.

In another scene, Gosar swings two swords at a foe whose face has been replaced by that of Biden.

The animated scenes of the video are interspersed with real-life footage of Border Patrol officers, some standing shoulder-to-shoulder and others on horseback rounding up migrants at the U.S.-Mexico border.

In one scene, footage of migrants crossing the Rio Grande is overlaid with what appears to be splattered blood. In another, the words “drugs,” “crime,” “poverty,” “money,” “murder,” “gangs,” “violence” and “trafficking” flash across the screen. The video also features shots of Gosar, the Capitol and migrant caravans.

Ocasio-Cortez responded Monday night, noting that while she was traveling to Glasgow, “a creepy member I work with who fundraises for Neo-Nazi groups shared a fantasy video of him killing me.”

In June, Gosar denied that he planned to attend a fundraiser with a group that promotes white-nationalist ideas, despite an invitation for the event that featured him alongside Nick Fuentes, a far-right operative who leads America First.

The congressman will “face no consequences bc @GOPLeader cheers him on with excuses,” Ocasio-Cortez tweeted, without naming Gosar.

“Fun Monday! Well, back to work bc institutions don’t protect woc,” she said, referring to women of color.

In a follow-up tweet, Ocasio-Cortez listed several times she was accosted or harassed at the Capitol by GOP members of Congress, including Greene and Rep. Ted Yoho (Fla.).

“All at my job,” she tweeted, along with an upside-down smiley face. “[And] nothing ever happens.”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... what was the punishment that Kathy Griffin payed for her Trump cartoon?? :roll:

... face it republican elected officials are just punks that aren't held accountable.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:59 am ... what was the punishment that Kathy Griffin payed for her Trump cartoon?? :roll:

I watched the anime cartoon, twice, because no one can even understand it. I’m absolutely sure you nor seacoaster have watched it…but you do take your cues from lib media.

No one and I mean absolutely no one can see where Biden’s face or AOC’s face is. The cartoon is unintelligent, putting it kindly. Anime fans are basically teens in Japan with no life. The cartoon is a painful 120 second mess of nothing.

No one took anything away from the cartoon, and the lib media of course blew it out of proportion. Which you guys lap up.

Turn the page.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:06 am
jhu72 wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:59 am ... what was the punishment that Kathy Griffin payed for her Trump cartoon?? :roll:

I watched the anime cartoon, twice, because no one can even understand it. I’m absolutely sure you nor seacoaster have watched it…but you do take your cues from lib media.

No one and I mean absolutely no one can see where Biden’s face or AOC’s face is. The cartoon is unintelligent, putting it kindly. Anime fans are basically teens in Japan with no life. The cartoon is a painful 120 second mess of nothing.

No one took anything away from the cartoon, and the lib media of course blew it out of proportion. Which you guys lap up.

Turn the page.
... It is easy to see. Biden's head is a 2-3 second hold. So as usual, you lie -- I know you can't help yourself.

Your excuse for why this should be ignored (and not Griffin's) is the poor artistic quality of Gosar's work. :lol:

I will grant you it is pretty lame. The real question is why is Gosar's party not holding him accountable?? Oh, I forgot, inferior artistic quality. :roll:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:21 am
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:06 am

Turn the page.
... It is easy to see. Biden's head is a 2-3 second hold. So as usual, you lie -- I know you can't help yourself.

Your excuse for why this should be ignored (and not Griffin's) is the poor artistic quality of Gosar's work. :lol:

I will grant you it is pretty lame. The real question is why is Gosar's party not holding him accountable?? Oh, I forgot, inferior artistic quality. :roll:

I think Gosar is somewhat insane tbh. I’ll take him over any leftist, obviously, because at least with Gosar we know he loves America. But you are incorrect on your DNC talking point. I watched it twice and I could not see Biden nor AOC. If you do see either, you’re trying really hard to do so.

And yes, the entire cartoon is unwatchable…just a painfully boring mess of nothing.

Return to “POLITICS”