THE 2019 Hopkins Lacrosse Fallout Shelter (44, we want more!)

D1 Mens Lacrosse
HopFan16

Re: THE Hopkins Lacrosse Fallout Shelter (44, we want more!)

Post by HopFan16 »

wgdsr wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:47 pm
University West wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:08 pm I was happy with the defense, despite the score. Foley did a great job on Sowers. The two goals had nothing to do with Foley (garbage rebound and an EMO where Foley wasn't on the field. Great players are going to get some points, but Foley seemed to pretty much control the matchup.
not for nothing, but on those 2 goals...
foley was standing right next to sowers, had no slide responsibility, and didn't react to the rebound as he should've and sowers did.
the emo goal, he was off and they were in emo because it was his penalty.
he had everything to do with both goals.
any event, he did a v good job on a quick and very dangerous player. and hopkins was willing to let him go at it with him pretty often until sowers could prove that was a bad strategy. as you say, a guy like that is going to get his points. limiting major damage is the key.
Yikes. Putting that garbage rebound goal on the defender doesn't make much sense. As you said, he's standing right next to Sowers. They react to the rebound at the exact same moment, so no idea what you're talking about there. The ball bounces right to Sowers' stick side.

That said, thank you for forcing me to watch that replay again, because it looks like Sowers' left foot may have stepped in the crease before the ball went in and the goal shouldn't have counted at all.

Towson is the new #1 team in the country. Well deserved.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

HopFan16 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:46 am Towson is the new #1 team in the country. Well deserved.
Agreed, very well deserved for them. Makes me feel slightly better about the butt whipping that they gave Hop... could see them again. Hopefully things are different if there is a rematch.
Georgia Tech alumnus
2019 Georgia Tech lacrosse final record: 18-2; MCLA semifinalist
-
College lacrosse television schedules: https://markmhart9.wixsite.com/mysite
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

Hawkeye wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:41 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:46 am Towson is the new #1 team in the country. Well deserved.
Agreed, very well deserved for them. Makes me feel slightly better about the butt whipping that they gave Hop... could see them again. Hopefully things are different if there is a rematch.
I’d favor playing them some place that has a LOT of mud.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Massey ratings out, includes games through Saturday, so it doesn’t have the MD OT loss to ND on Sunday, which is bizarre.

Hopkins 10th, up one from last week.

UNC 22nd. LOL.

https://www.masseyratings.com/clax/ncaa-d1/ratings

Prediction for Saturday is 11-10 Hopkins, 53%. Toss up, essentially.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Blue Jays are like a giant Columbia Blue & Black jigsaw puzzle. Pieces are steadily coming together.

Loved the ten caused turnovers, with six from Danny Jones! :shock: :o

Yes, we have no bananas
We have-a no bananas today.
We've string beans, and onions
Cabbageses, and scallions,
And all sorts of fruit and say
We have an old fashioned to-mah-to
A Long Island po-tah-to
But yes, we have no bananas.
We have no bananas today!
;)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4cqj2cM_2CU

In Joey Epstein news, the young man’s a smart player. Just take a look at his shot placement on his first goal. Two goals, one assist, and three GBs on a supposedly “off” day. I’ll take it.

Cole Williams finally hit third gear, but he needs to cut down on those turnovers ... whole team does.

Darby has improved, but I’m still concerned about his ability to stop those rifle shots from long range.

Narewski and Prouty ... after all these years, do we finally have a potent one-two punch on face offs?!? Wing play’s been better, and I am really impressed by Matt Narewski’s ability to win faceoffs cleanly. Picked up 8 or 9 GBs against Princeton, I think.

I remained optimistic when the Blue Jays were 0-2. Think this Hopkins team can go far if they continue to improve each week.

Impeach Trump. Sorry, had to get that in there. ;)

Go Blue Jays!!!

DocBarrister 8-)
@DocBarrister
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

laf’s tournament probabilities continue over at laxbytes.com

Current calculations:

http://laxbytes.com/2019/binmenstats/ncaapb01.php

Hopkins is 9th. 56% chance.

73 D1 teams. Look where UNC is on that list. LOL.

Ever been to Utah?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Tweet. Doc, keep politics off the field. Seems like a little Trump ribbing is a relatively innocuous thing to do but... It's not. Politics here, Lacrosse here. Tweet. Keep playing...
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

admin wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:50 am Tweet. Doc, keep politics off the field. Seems like a little Trump ribbing is a relatively innocuous thing to do but... It's not. Politics here, Lacrosse here. Tweet. Keep playing...
Yeah ... but what if Hopkins wins the national championship & Trump has been impeached? Go to the White House or not? Lacrosse forum or political forum?

And should the Blue Jays be allowed to eat all those Big Macs that Trump serves? Could adversely impact their health and future lacrosse performance. Lacrosse forum or political forum? :?:

I’m asking. :?: :?

DocBarrister ;)
@DocBarrister
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

DocBarrister wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:43 pm
admin wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:50 am Tweet. Doc, keep politics off the field. Seems like a little Trump ribbing is a relatively innocuous thing to do but... It's not. Politics here, Lacrosse here. Tweet. Keep playing...
Yeah ... but what if Hopkins wins the national championship & Trump has been impeached? Go to the White House or not? Lacrosse forum or political forum?

And should the Blue Jays be allowed to eat all those Big Macs that Trump serves? Could adversely impact their health and future lacrosse performance. Lacrosse forum or political forum? :?:

DocBarrister ;)
Let's pray that the Jays are fortunate enough to have that dilemma.
DocBarrister wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:50 am
Narewski and Prouty ... after all these years, do we finally have a potent one-two punch on face offs?!? Wing play’s been better, and I am really impressed by Matt Narewski’s ability to win faceoffs cleanly. Picked up 8 or 9 GBs against Princeton, I think.
No doubt Prouty had a good game, and he really needed that for his confidence I think. I suspect we're going to need his services again before the season's over. But I believe he took quite a few faceoffs against Princeton's #3 faceoff guy Charlie Durbin, who's really more of an offensive middie than a FOGO. Anyone who was at the game knows that the Tigers were trying to get cute on faceoffs—they wanted one guy to face Narewski and another to face Prouty, and whatever it is that they were trying to pull eventually led to a delay of game penalty. It was kind of pathetic. I guess that's what you have to do when there's no one around to grab the opposing FOGO's stick on every faceoff. That's a longwinded way of saying Prouty is going to have much tougher matchups. My concern coming out of the Princeton game is that Narewski did not look close to 100%, so I could see another day of close to a 50-50 split at the faceoff x. Phaup for Syracuse has been good: 39/60 (65%), he seems to have supplanted Varello (15/35, 43%) as the starter.
Drcthru

Post by Drcthru »

How long has it been since Hop was much above 50/50 on faceoffs? In today's games, I'll take 50% but, can only hope for better. Wings can make a difference.
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to do the dishes.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Doc, for questions of that ilk, ask it in the Politics Forum.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

admin wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:32 pm Doc, for questions of that ilk, ask it in the Politics Forum.
it's a 3 strikes policy, correct?
JJ_Lax

Post by JJ_Lax »

DocBarrister ;)
The Jays’ postgame fare at Princeton included hoagies stuffed with chicken tenders, deep fried mozzarella, and French fries so health concerns might not carry as much weight as you might hope
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

JJ_Lax wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:17 pm

DocBarrister ;)
The Jays’ postgame fare at Princeton included hoagies stuffed with chicken tenders, deep fried mozzarella, and French fries so health concerns might not carry as much weight as you might hope
Hoagie Haven?
“I wish you would!”
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

wgdsr wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:28 pmit's a 3 strikes policy, correct?
Depends on the infraction but for most, a warning then a penalty. This one's a little different because I'm not exactly sure what the penalty is. :| It's not unsportsmanlike conduct or whatever. It'll be unsportsmanlike conduct. Attacking people, easy. Profanity, easy. Repeatedly bringing up the POTUS, I dunno...
45wewantmore

Post by 45wewantmore »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:49 pm Do the free seven day trial and then cancel it sometime this week.

It’s a W, and far from perfect, but it was enough.

On to the armpit of the universe, Syracuse, where antidepressants keep people alive in the gray, sooty snow.
what bleak prose from a Mod Emeritus

Does Wombat need a hug?

If you are cold put a coat on

Cuse vs The Hop

Cavaliers vs The Roundheads

Hatfields vs The McCoys

Rebels vs The Evil Empire
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

admin wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:38 pm
wgdsr wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:28 pmit's a 3 strikes policy, correct?
Depends on the infraction but for most, a warning then a penalty. This one's a little different because I'm not exactly sure what the penalty is. :| It's not unsportsmanlike conduct or whatever. It'll be unsportsmanlike conduct. Attacking people, easy. Profanity, easy. Repeatedly bringing up the POTUS, I dunno...
i think 3 strikes works here. keep it simple. works in baseball, probably horseshoes and shampoo selling.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Politics in the D1 Men's Lacrosse threads, found in the Men's Lacrosse section, should come with a quick warning, followed by a harsh penalty for the second offense. Plenty enough room in the Anything But Lacrosse section for the Her Holiness type discussions (couldn't resist that, Doc).
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

wgdsr wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:28 pm
admin wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:32 pm Doc, for questions of that ilk, ask it in the Politics Forum.
it's a 3 strikes policy, correct?
We can only hope. He’s got two and jawing with the ump.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

DMac wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:45 pm Politics in the D1 Men's Lacrosse threads, found in the Men's Lacrosse section, should come with a quick warning, followed by a harsh penalty for the second offense. Plenty enough room in the Anything But Lacrosse section for the Her Holiness type discussions (couldn't resist that, Doc).
Wholeheartedly concur. Let’s stick to lacrosse.

I feel a cube coming on.

W

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”