Fall Ball

D1 Womens Lacrosse
wlaxphan20

Re: Fall Ball

Post by wlaxphan20 »

DMac wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:07 am
Bart wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:13 am Don't know about baseball, would rather have my nether regions waxed than have to watch that sport.
A gem on the diamond last night, Braves going to the WS.
Perhaps you were at Waxy Puhlls Nether Strippers and missed it,
just keeping you posted. Great game , lotta pressure. Baseball
is a fantastic game, and post season baseball is super fantastic.
Agreed.
Bart

Post by Bart »

DMac wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:07 am
Bart wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:13 am Don't know about baseball, would rather have my nether regions waxed than have to watch that sport.
A gem on the diamond last night, Braves going to the WS.
Perhaps you were at Waxy Puhlls Nether Strippers and missed it,
just keeping you posted. Great game , lotta pressure. Baseball
is a fantastic game, and post season baseball is super fantastic.
Keep me posted DMac. I'll watch paint dry and live vicariously through you! I hope you enjoy the game, me not happening but that is what makes things interesting sometimes.
LoriML60

Post by LoriML60 »

Great day of Fall Ball at U Delaware. Richmond, Fairfield, UMBC, Mt. St. Mary's, George Washington, American, Lafayette and of course our hosts! Laughs, smiles and some good lacrosse. Quarters are a bit confusing. Hard to remember of the game is over or still a quarter to go. I think the reset of the shot clock to 60 seconds is a great addition to the rules. Looking forward to 2022!
livelovelax

Post by livelovelax »

Great day at Loyola. Weather was perfect and lots of outstanding lacrosse played with some of the top teams in the country. Hard to say how the coaches subbed their players or what rotations they used. JMU was the top program over Florida and Loyola. Hopkins and then Penn State in that order. None of it matters though as so much will change prior to February. I know there is another thread on this but there is a lot of parity in the women's game.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

livelovelax wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:40 am I know there is another thread on this but there is a lot of parity in the women's game.
Lots of parity and “upsets” during the regular season, but hardly any during conference championships or the NCAA’s. Until we have more teams winning the national title from conferences other than the ACC and Big 10, true parity will continue to elude D1 women’s lacrosse.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

livelovelax wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:40 am Great day at Loyola. Weather was perfect and lots of outstanding lacrosse played with some of the top teams in the country. Hard to say how the coaches subbed their players or what rotations they used. JMU was the top program over Florida and Loyola. Hopkins and then Penn State in that order. None of it matters though as so much will change prior to February. I know there is another thread on this but there is a lot of parity in the women's game.
Not sure how you figure that when Hopkins and JMU both went 3-1 and Hopkins beat JMU 6-2 in a game that wasn't even competitive. Hopkins beat Florida and Loyola as well and neither of those games were all that competitive either. Loyola was 2-2. Florida and PSU were 1-3.

It's fall ball and results don't really matter just curious how you came away with that breakdown if you watched the games.
livelovelax

Post by livelovelax »

I didn't mean to disparage any teams at the playday and will go back to my original statment of not knowing subbing rotations but JMU played Hopkins using far more subs than they did in the other scrimmages. Hopkins is outstanding so I am sure they will have a great 2022 season in the Big Ten and beyond.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

livelovelax wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:56 am I didn't mean to disparage any teams at the playday and will go back to my original statment of not knowing subbing rotations but JMU played Hopkins using far more subs than they did in the other scrimmages. Hopkins is outstanding so I am sure they will have a great 2022 season in the Big Ten and beyond.
Not sure on your read, but it seemed to me that Hop wanted to make a statement. Their excitement level on the sidelines was pretty intense. Their ride is very good and they had a good level of aggressiveness that was just below carding levels.

No excuses here, but Fall ball is, well, Fall Ball. I am pretty sure that all the teams played different players and that may have been the case with some of the wins/losses. Just depends on who had their top lines in, in any one game.

Hop and the Dukes looked ready to play. Florida/We Are!, not so much. Loyola looked anemic at times and out of sorts as the liberal subbing led to alot of havoc/missed assignments. Seemed like everytime they went to a backer, there was an other team player on the circle, uncovered. Lots of new faces on the hounds and it was only harder as they all switched their jerseys so no one's number was what they were last week....(some unwritten rule about not showing your competition your real numbers if you are going to play in the season :? :oops: )
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

livelovelax wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:56 am I didn't mean to disparage any teams at the playday and will go back to my original statment of not knowing subbing rotations but JMU played Hopkins using far more subs than they did in the other scrimmages. Hopkins is outstanding so I am sure they will have a great 2022 season in the Big Ten and beyond.
Hopkins used a ton of subs in the JMU and PSU games. Didn't get all the way through the bench in the Florida and Loyola games but still were constantly running girls in and out. Like I said results don't matter, it's fall ball. Didn't think you were disparaging any teams was just curious how you felt JMU, Loyola and Florida looked better than Hopkins yesterday when Hopkins beat all 3 of them fairly easily.
Last edited by hmmm on Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

Dr Tact wrote :
"Lots of new faces on the hounds and it was only harder as they all switched their jerseys so no one's number was what they were last week....(some unwritten rule about not showing your competition your real numbers if you are going to play in the season :? :oops: )"

REALLY? That is so stupid. Is there some fake tactical advantage in doing this? I cannot stand fake gamesmanship. Not running all your plays is one thing, but switching numbers is silly at best, dumb at worst.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Don't know if it's true or not but I heard they all wore fake eyelashes, neon green lipstick, and stuffed their sports bras with water balloons too. Talk about ridiculous...geezuz h!!
OuttaNowhereWregget

By any measurement, Hopkins is less than outstanding historically. They have been a consistently good/not great team down through the years. They fit neatly into the Not-ready-for-prime-time-players category. You could look it up.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

LarryGamLax wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:48 am Dr Tact wrote :
"Lots of new faces on the hounds and it was only harder as they all switched their jerseys so no one's number was what they were last week....(some unwritten rule about not showing your competition your real numbers if you are going to play in the season :? :oops: )"

REALLY? That is so stupid. Is there some fake tactical advantage in doing this? I cannot stand fake gamesmanship. Not running all your plays is one thing, but switching numbers is silly at best, dumb at worst.
Especially this day and age when game film has never been more accessible :lol:
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:05 am
By any measurement, Hopkins is less than outstanding historically. They have been a consistently good/not great team down through the years. They fit neatly into the Not-ready-for-prime-time-players category. You could look it up.
What do you mean by "prime-time-players"? If you mean recruits, they do get very good & highly touted ones.
OuttaNowhereWregget

wlaxphan20 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:35 am
What do you mean by "prime-time-players"? If you mean recruits, they do get very good & highly touted ones.
I mean as a team, the Blue Jays have never been a serious threat to win it all in division 1. The national championship final four being prime time, if you will.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:43 am
I mean as a team, the Blue Jays have never been a serious threat to win it all in division 1. The national championship final four being prime time, if you will.
You say this stupid stuff all the time. When has Duke been a threat to win it all? UVA in the last 17 years? Princeton? Loyola? Notre Dame? Penn? Penn St? I could go on and on but those are all perennial(not perineal :D ) top 10 programs. The reality is that other than MD, UNC and NW only JMU and BC have won a championship in the last 17 years. So by your silly criteria are those 5 schools the only "prime time" teams? I'm sure you include Syracuse, Florida and Stony Brook in that list but they've never won anything. Where do you see Stanford? USC? Denver? Michigan? OSU? Rutgers? They're not "prime time" enough for you either?

Not to mention the fact that many kids choose their schools, especially schools like Hopkins, Duke, Ivy's for reasons other than the hope of winning a national championship in lacrosse.
Bart

Post by Bart »

hmmm wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:57 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:43 am
You say this stupid stuff all the time. When has Duke been a threat to win it all? UVA in the last 17 years? Princeton? Loyola? Notre Dame? Penn? Penn St? I could go on and on but those are all perennial(not perineal :D ) top 10 programs. The reality is that other than MD, UNC and NW only JMU and BC have won a championship in the last 17 years. So by your silly criteria are those 5 schools the only "prime time" teams? I'm sure you include Syracuse, Florida and Stony Brook in that list but they've never won anything. Where do you see Stanford? USC? Denver? Michigan? OSU? Rutgers? They're not "prime time" enough for you either?

Not to mention the fact that many kids choose their schools, especially schools like Hopkins, Duke, Ivy's for reasons other than the hope of winning a national championship in lacrosse.
"If your not first, your last"--Ricky Bobby
OuttaNowhereWregget

hmmm wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:57 am You say this stupid stuff all the time.
If I’ve become that predictable for you, why do you continue to read my posts?
DMac

Post by DMac »

You'd see that answer in the dictionary as the definition of juvenile post.
OuttaNowhereWregget

DMac wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:08 pm You'd see that answer in the dictionary as the definition of juvenile post.
DMac wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:01 am Don't know if it's true or not but I heard they all wore fake eyelashes, neon green lipstick, and stuffed their sports bras with water balloons too. Talk about ridiculous...geezuz h!!
People who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”