D1 Mens Lacrosse
MDlaxfan76

Re: Ivy League 2022

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

bearlaxfan wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:02 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:45 am
bearlaxfan wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:01 am
Why are you obsessed with us?
From a fan of the school that can generate 759 pages on their uniform's numeric font. ;)
Yes and we keep all that nonsense in the Hopkins thread
👍🏻
:lol: great exchange.
Resolution? Inanities only belong on the Hop thread.
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

To perhaps move the conversation back to lacrosse, from the limited information that I can gather from the internet and speaking with friends, it looks like Coach Gerry Byrne will continue to breathe new energy and life into the Harvard program. In the shortened 2020 season, his record of 2-2 and markedly improved defense was encouraging. Regardless of certain question marks surrounding many of the teams (with the possible exception of Yale), it will be great if the Crimson add to the competitiveness of the league.
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

faircornell wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:06 pm To perhaps move the conversation back to lacrosse, from the limited information that I can gather from the internet and speaking with friends, it looks like Coach Gerry Byrne will continue to breathe new energy and life into the Harvard program. In the shortened 2020 season, his record of 2-2 and markedly improved defense was encouraging. Regardless of certain question marks surrounding many of the teams (with the possible exception of Yale), it will be great if the Crimson add to the competitiveness of the league.
Hmmm, in my mind, Yale has some question marks (i.e., FOGO?), but to be fair to Faircornell, probably fewer than other Ivies. Harvard, yes, that lot has posted its 2022 roster, with only 32 players, but no frosh, and including an Assistant Director of Athletic Communications and the Associate Director, Varsity Club. https://gocrimson.com/sports/mens-lacrosse/roster Well, they smile nicely for the camera. I could make more inane comments, but we're not trying to win any page-count competitions here. Yes, I suppose it would be good for the league to be more competitive, but my preference would be to see a markedly improved Dartmouth whilst Harvard continues to get thrashed.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:05 pm
bearlaxfan wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:02 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:45 am
bearlaxfan wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:01 am
Why are you obsessed with us?
From a fan of the school that can generate 759 pages on their uniform's numeric font. ;)
Yes and we keep all that nonsense in the Hopkins thread
👍🏻
:lol: great exchange.
Resolution? Inanities only belong on the Hop thread.
We consider it a public service.

DocBarrister :)
@DocBarrister
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

faircornell wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:06 pm To perhaps move the conversation back to lacrosse, from the limited information that I can gather from the internet and speaking with friends, it looks like Coach Gerry Byrne will continue to breathe new energy and life into the Harvard program. In the shortened 2020 season, his record of 2-2 and markedly improved defense was encouraging. Regardless of certain question marks surrounding many of the teams (with the possible exception of Yale), it will be great if the Crimson add to the competitiveness of the league.
It will be great if the Crimson add to their 14 national championships. The title drought is currently at 106 years for Harvard (which puts the Johns Hopkins title drought of 14 years in proper perspective).

After a century of sleeping, has the Crimson Colossus of college lacrosse finally arisen? :shock: :o

DocBarrister ;)
@DocBarrister
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

FannOLax wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:24 pm
Hmmm, in my mind, Yale has some question marks (i.e., FOGO?), but to be fair to Faircornell, probably fewer than other Ivies. Harvard, yes, that lot has posted its 2022 roster, with only 32 players, but no frosh, and including an Assistant Director of Athletic Communications and the Associate Director, Varsity Club. https://gocrimson.com/sports/mens-lacrosse/roster Well, they smile nicely for the camera. I could make more inane comments, but we're not trying to win any page-count competitions here. Yes, I suppose it would be good for the league to be more competitive, but my preference would be to see a markedly improved Dartmouth whilst Harvard continues to get thrashed.
+1, though I will say that I'd bet on Byrne.

My son laughed about the roster stuff there, says they have a terrible website crew. Par for the course, he suggests, and not in the program's control.
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:38 am

My son laughed about the roster stuff there, says they have a terrible website crew. Par for the course, he suggests, and not in the program's control.
I thought that Austin Madronic had moved on. Harvard will be better with him. He may be in the Transfer Portal for a grad year of play.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

faircornell wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:30 pm

I thought that Austin Madronic had moved on. Harvard will be better with him. He may be in the Transfer Portal for a grad year of play.
I believe Madronic is in the portal for 2023. He's tremendous.
“I wish you would!”
calourie

Post by calourie »

https://www.usalaxmagazine.com/college/ ... al-unknown

Good article from USLaxmagazine regarding the state of Ivy Lacrosse this fall. Obviously there is some catching up which will need to happen, and spring performance will likely be strongly influenced by the work the team members are willing to put in over the winter under the initiative of their returning upper classmen.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:40 pm

Austin had a very nice pair of scrimmages today. Multiple sweet goals in both scrimmages.

Best player on the field in both scrimmages was Sam King, first year at Harvard. I had him more than a dozen goals in the 5 quarters he was in that I watched (had to leave the Richmond scrimmage at half time to go Ravens game) plus several assists. Nearly every time he touched the ball, something good happened. No one could handle him from High Point or Richmond. Right, left, under, over, flip, dive, garbage...whatever...all over the field.

King and Madronic played with Cheek, who looks a lot like older brother Morgan though not yet as physically strong. They were spelled by Brennan McBride, who looked quite good as well.
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:22 pm

Austin had a very nice pair of scrimmages today. Multiple sweet goals in both scrimmages.

Best player on the field in both scrimmages was Sam King, first year at Harvard. I had him more than a dozen goals in the 5 quarters he was in that I watched (had to leave the Richmond scrimmage at half time to go Ravens game) plus several assists. Nearly every time he touched the ball, something good happened. No one could handle him from High Point or Richmond. Right, left, under, over, flip, dive, garbage...whatever...all over the field.

King and Madronic played with Cheek, who looks a lot like older brother Morgan though not yet as physically strong. They were spelled by Brennan McBride, who looked quite good as well.
Thanks for the update. You didn’t need to rush off for the Ravens.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:34 pm

Yes, we enjoyed the lax much more...rough day for the Ravens.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

I was at the Harvard scrimmages at Hopkins today...looked very good...

But re Dartmouth today: https://twitter.com/DartmouthMLax/statu ... 54115?s=20

Way to go guys!
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:46 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:34 pm

Yes, we enjoyed the lax much more...rough day for the Ravens.
Falcons fumbled and nearly pulled a matt Ryan. Then they won a big one!

(Against the 1-5 Dolphins)
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

I don't know if anyone cares, but there was a bit of a social media tweet storm over the weekend regarding the Harvard vs Princeton OT football game.

In brief, Harvard scored to win the game in a series of 2 point conversion plays. The play was called back in error, and eventually, Princeton won 18-16. The Ivy League acknowledged the error, but still gave Princeton the win.

Many Ivy fans likely recall the 1940 "Fifth Down Game" between Cornell and Dartmouth. Cornell won on an officiating error, and forfeited the game to Dartmouth. The forfeit eliminated Cornell's real hopes of a NC in football that year.

We'll see this week what the Princeton administration does. The Cornell example was an effort in sportsmanship that has been remembered. It would credit Princeton to abide by this unique tradition.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

From a Princeton alum who went to game but missed second half (he had a son just graduate from Bart and another there now for context)

The score was 6-6 at halftime. Painfully boring offenses. So I headed back to the beer tent, then took off. Didn't see the last quarter. Honestly, D3/ Hobart interests me more than the bloated Ivy League
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:32 am From a Princeton alum who went to game but missed second half (he had a son just graduate from Bart and another there now for context)

The score was 6-6 at halftime. Painfully boring offenses. So I headed back to the beer tent, then took off. Didn't see the last quarter. Honestly, D3/ Hobart interests me more than the bloated Ivy League
6 yards and a cloud of dust is football!
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:43 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:32 am From a Princeton alum who went to game but missed second half (he had a son just graduate from Bart and another there now for context)

As is a beer tent.
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

faircornell wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:17 am ...
Many Ivy fans likely recall the 1940 "Fifth Down Game" between Cornell and Dartmouth. Cornell won on an officiating error, and forfeited the game to Dartmouth. The forfeit eliminated Cornell's real hopes of a NC in football that year.
Recall a game from 1940, well, um, I confess that I don't. Thank you for the History lesson.
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:44 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:43 am

As is a beer tent.
Used to be 3 yards.
“I wish you would!”

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”