Cornell 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
faircornell

Re: Cornell 2022

Post by faircornell »

Joe Tsai is an incredible benefactor to the sport. Between Yale, the PLL, the San Diego Seals, the (West Coast) Hill Academy and several international lacrosse programs (I'm sure that there are other projects that I am overlooking), his support has been incredible.

As to the Indoor facility, I have not attempted to get an update. I am reasonably certain that the anchor donations came from very solid contributors. So... let's hope. The general buzz that I have heard is that Covid-19 related issues are still taking a lot of administrative time.

On another note relating to fund raising, 10/21 (as most know) is the fund raising day for Cornell men's lacrosse. It's encouraging to see many current players and young alums donate $71 in honor of the 1971 NC team.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

cornell's '23 fogo has already flipped to yale. time elapsed might be a record. maybe he loved the facilities.

they will find someone else. it's 2021, things are upside down.
another fan

Post by another fan »

Yes, that was a quick flip, but Sam Ricci from Victor has committed. He is an excellent fogo—playing in the IL event this weekend.
howdyyall

Post by howdyyall »

faircornell wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:42 pm Joe Tsai is an incredible benefactor to the sport. Between Yale, the PLL, the San Diego Seals, the (West Coast) Hill Academy and several international lacrosse programs (I'm sure that there are other projects that I am overlooking), his support has been incredible.

As to the Indoor facility, I have not attempted to get an update. I am reasonably certain that the anchor donations came from very solid contributors. So... let's hope. The general buzz that I have heard is that Covid-19 related issues are still taking a lot of administrative time.

On another note relating to fund raising, 10/21 (as most know) is the fund raising day for Cornell men's lacrosse. It's encouraging to see many current players and young alums donate $71 in honor of the 1971 NC team.

Does anyone find problematic Tsai’s defense of China and his relationship to sports in the US. Obvious example is his problematic Darryl Morey stance…very curious to hear thoughts as his relationship with a top Ivy program certainly warrants question. I would understand separating his relationship from China to his with lacrosse (Ala separating art from artist, example anyone who still listens to Michael Jackson or R Kelly or Prince, etc) but I believe it is an interesting question. Understandably this is a lacrosse forum but if someone is going to compliment the man, I believe this is a valid conversation piece at least.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

howdyyall wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:39 pm
faircornell wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:42 pm Joe Tsai is an incredible benefactor to the sport. Between Yale, the PLL, the San Diego Seals, the (West Coast) Hill Academy and several international lacrosse programs (I'm sure that there are other projects that I am overlooking), his support has been incredible.

Does anyone find problematic Tsai’s defense of China and his relationship to sports in the US. Obvious example is his problematic Darryl Morey stance…very curious to hear thoughts as his relationship with a top Ivy program certainly warrants question. I would understand separating his relationship from China to his with lacrosse (Ala separating art from artist, example anyone who still listens to Michael Jackson or R Kelly or Prince, etc) but I believe it is an interesting question. Understandably this is a lacrosse forum but if someone is going to compliment the man, I believe this is a valid conversation piece at least.
How does prince get lumped in w Michael and R Kelly?
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
howdyyall

Post by howdyyall »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:54 pm

Oh man, you need to do some google. A lot of problematic stuff in his past that is ignored, but has been documented. I get this is probably Yale thread relevant but I saw the post about tsai here first. Not sure if anyone actually cares…separation of sports from morals lol
Last edited by howdyyall on Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

howdyyall wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:59 pm

Oh man, you need to do some google. A lot of problematic stuff in his past that is ignored, but has been documented
Do I hve to? We’re not talking just being a world class stick man, right? You’re telling me it’s in the peeing on underage girls and diddling boys level stuff or just “kick another hottie out of bed and didn’t send her roses” type not good?
howdyyall

Post by howdyyall »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:24 pm

Oh man, you need to do some google. A lot of problematic stuff in his past that is ignored, but has been documented
Do I hve to? We’re not talking just being a world class stick man, right? You’re telling me it’s in the peeing on underage girls and diddling boys level stuff or just “kick another hottie out of bed and didn’t send her roses” type not good?
Its plenty bad enough to question whether you should listen to him or not. But I am actually interested in the Ivy perspective of Tsai money, which is funded from a brutal communist regime
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

howdyyall wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:27 pm

Its plenty bad enough to question whether you should listen to him or not. But I am actually interested in the Ivy perspective of Tsai money, which is funded from a brutal communist regime
I mean you could do a proctology exam on every Ivy and non Ivy college and find a lot of problematic money that’s touched lacrosse programs. Is this specific to a view you have on China and would it be better suited for the snake charmer, er, political boards? Or is it about unethical money of any kind supporting lacrosse programs?
howdyyall

Post by howdyyall »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:29 pm
howdyyall wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:27 pm

I mean you could do a proctology exam on every Ivy and non Ivy college and find a lot of problematic money that’s touched lacrosse programs. Is this specific to a view you have on China and would it be better suited for the snake charmer, er, political boards? Or is it about unethical money of any kind supporting lacrosse programs?
This is solely a response to A post about Tsai being a ‘incredible benefactor’ or lacrosse. If no one gave such compliments I would not have commented but it seems to me, if we compliment the man then we must be willing to critics said person. AND do we care who is that benefactor. If we are going to heap compliments on someone, should we also examine the head-scratching problematic items of that person

I personally believe his relationship with China should be questionsed with veracity by the lacrosse community. If we make moral choices on other topics within sports, this certainly warrants inclusion in that discussion on his morality and choices. Which I would argue are worse than most, if not all. But at a minimum deserve a conversation on a Ivy lacrosse thread when that person just built arguably the nicest lacrosse facility in the ivys.
Last edited by howdyyall on Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

That’s fine just wondering. Jon Reese has pretty clean hands I believe.

I try to avoid mixing morality and sports, don’t see the inherent connection, but it’s certainly common to do so.
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

If you move this to a political thread, I'll comment in greater depth.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Why isn't Christopher Cappelmann on the Cornell Roster? I see numerous other freshmen...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Gobigred

Post by Gobigred »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:11 pm Why isn't Christopher Cappelmann on the Cornell Roster? I see numerous other freshmen...
Doesn't come up in a Cornell.edu search.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Gobigred wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:36 pm Doesn't come up in a Cornell.edu search.
Hmm. Talented Long Island kid. I've also seen him connected to Navy but... I thought he landed at Cornell.
Caddy Day
VeryRustyRed

Post by VeryRustyRed »

I know they had another decommit. It may be him.
Laxrules10

Post by Laxrules10 »

Wasn't it mentioned earlier on this thread that Cappelmann is PG'ing to be a 2022?
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Laxrules10 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:43 am Wasn't it mentioned earlier on this thread that Cappelmann is PG'ing to be a 2022?
I don't think so. Maybe in a different thread. This is the only mention I see about him within the D1 Men's Forum: viewtopic.php?p=163687#p163687. Bottomline, curious to see where he lands.
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Laxrules10 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:43 am Wasn't it mentioned earlier on this thread that Cappelmann is PG'ing to be a 2022?
I don't think so. Maybe in a different thread. This is the only mention I see about him within the D1 Men's Forum: viewtopic.php?p=163687#p163687. Bottomline, curious to see where he lands.
Caddy Day
ABClaxfan

Post by ABClaxfan »

Matnum PI wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:59 am
Looks like he's at IMG and signed with Mercer this week. May be jumping to conclusions, but based on the comments on IMG's instagram post he may have gotten into some off the field trouble

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”