Facegram & Instabook

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Farfromgeneva

Re: Facegram & Instabook

Post by Farfromgeneva »

For the record my wife and father in laws company has nothing to do with this as it relates to their multi hundred million dollar ten year data center development project in E GA. Apparently maintenance is held in house they just do the construction/development of the electrician and infrastructure

Facebook Blames Engineering Error of ‘Our Own Making’ for Global Outage
The social-media giant says restoring services was slowed by measures taken to safeguard systems

Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp all suffered outages on Monday.
PHOTO: PATRICK VAN KATWIJK/ZUMA PRESS
By Robert McMillan
Updated Oct. 5, 2021 2:46 pm ET

SAVE

TEXT

Listen to article
Length 2 minutes

Queue
A simple technical mistake caused a global outage Monday that left more than 2.9 billion internet users unable to access Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp and other tools.

The outage was “caused not by malicious activity, but an error of our own making,” Santosh Janardhan, Facebook Inc.’s FB 2.06% vice president of infrastructure, wrote in a blog post Tuesday.

The disruption, which lasted close to six hours, began around 11:40 a.m. Eastern Time on Monday when Facebook engineers were trying to do routine maintenance on one of the company’s data centers, the blog post said.

FACEBOOK HEARING IN WASHINGTON

Facebook Whistleblower’s Testimony Builds Momentum for Tougher Tech Laws

Seeking to get a read on Facebook’s networking capacity, engineers issued a networking command that inadvertently cut all of Facebook’s data centers off of the company’s network. That led to a cascade of failures that pulled Facebook’s properties off of the internet.

Seeing that the data centers were offline, servers that used the Domain Name System, or DNS, to direct internet traffic pulled themselves off of the internet. DNS is what browsers and mobile phones use to find Facebook’s services on the internet, and without it it was “impossible for the rest of the internet to find our servers,” Mr. Janardhan said.

The DNS changes also disabled internal tools that would have allowed Facebook’s engineers to restore service remotely, forcing Facebook’s engineering staff to drive to data centers and restart systems there.

That took more time. “They’re hard to get into, and once you’re inside, the hardware and routers are designed to be difficult to modify even when you have physical access to them,” Mr. Janardhan, said. “So it took extra time to activate the secure access protocols needed to get people onsite and able to work on the servers.”

Write to Robert McMillan at [email protected]
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

:lol: :lol: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CUsP0Wjr ... _copy_link

Careful...foul language from the Italians.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:27 pm :lol: :lol: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CUsP0Wjr ... _copy_link

They're not Italians.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:01 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:27 pm :lol: :lol: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CUsP0Wjr ... _copy_link

They're not Italians.
Take it up with Barstool
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:33 pm

They're not Italians.
Take it up with Barstool
Pass me some effin gabagool and mootsadell...and maybe some proshoot also. :lol: :lol: Cup of Expresso also

Only Christopher Walken could be credible as a Sicilian mobster. It's about the Moors.

Another reason to hate Facebook and Instagram........ethnic stereotypes.... :D :D :D
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Kismet wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:58 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:33 pm

They're not Italians.
Take it up with Barstool
Pass me some effin gabagool and mootsadell...and maybe some proshoot also. :lol: :lol: Cup of Expresso also

Only Christopher Walken could be credible as a Sicilian mobster. It's about the Moors.

Another reason to hate Facebook and Instagram........ethnic stereotypes.... :D :D :D
Great Movie!!!!!
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Somebody please do something about this. Unless post modern society is going to include a man affinity for snuff films

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.busine ... 21-3%3famp
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Saw this on one of me feeds.

~Livy

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

:lol: :lol: Speakers on. https://twitter.com/buitengebieden_/sta ... 92718?s=20

Kinda easy to get lost on this account.
~Livy

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Saw this on a FB feed and it reminded me of what we often do around here.....Not sure if AE ever said this, but I just copied the whole thing.

Just a Thought
One day Albert Einstein wrote on the blackboard:
9x1 = 9
9 x2 = 18
9 x 3 = 27
9 x 4 = 36
9 x 5 = 45
9 x 6 = 54
9 x 7 = 63
9 x 8 = 72
9 x 9 = 81
9x10 = 91
In class they mocked him and made fun of him because he had made a mistake, as the correct answer for 9 x10 is 90.
Albert Einstein waited for everyone to shut up and said: ′′ Despite me answering the first 9 questions correctly, no one congratulated me. Instead, when I got one wrong, everyone started laughing. This means that despite being very successful, society will only notice the smallest mistake and make fun of it. Don't let simple criticism destroy your dreams ".
MORAL:
Only those who do nothing don't make mistakes.
~Livy

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:30 am Saw this on a FB feed and it reminded me of what we often do around here.....Not sure if AE ever said this, but I just copied the whole thing.

Just a Thought
One day Albert Einstein wrote on the blackboard:
9x1 = 9
9 x2 = 18
9 x 3 = 27
9 x 4 = 36
9 x 5 = 45
9 x 6 = 54
9 x 7 = 63
9 x 8 = 72
9 x 9 = 81
9x10 = 91
In class they mocked him and made fun of him because he had made a mistake, as the correct answer for 9 x10 is 90.
Albert Einstein waited for everyone to shut up and said: ′′ Despite me answering the first 9 questions correctly, no one congratulated me. Instead, when I got one wrong, everyone started laughing. This means that despite being very successful, society will only notice the smallest mistake and make fun of it. Don't let simple criticism destroy your dreams ".
MORAL:
Only those who do nothing don't make mistakes.
Speak for yourself!

That’s the Turkey syndrome. There’s a technical term for it but the analogy goes: a Turkey goes out each morning from the day after thanksgiving (or dec 1, whatever) and gets fed. Then the day of (or before I think it’s day before) thanksgiving does out to get it’s expected feeding and gets his head cut off…

So is the only moral the one you presented or is it to keep eyes and ears open and be malleable while avoiding narrative fallacy?

In other words-too many lectures through memes and inspirational quotes on Facebook and not enough of them come from Jack Handy or Far Side strips…
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

...you can hear Jill Biden saying "look at me" while Joe kinda wonders on to the mic: https://www.instagram.com/p/CVQhFZJFraq/
~Livy

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:25 pm ...you can hear Jill Biden saying "look at me" while Joe kinda wonders on to the mic: https://www.instagram.com/p/CVQhFZJFraq/
Sounds more like 'we need to leave'...and this matters???

Sheesh.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:09 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:25 pm ...you can hear Jill Biden saying "look at me" while Joe kinda wonders on to the mic: https://www.instagram.com/p/CVQhFZJFraq/
Sounds more like 'we need to leave'...and this matters???

Sheesh.
Just funny.....the most important man in the world, he goes to the mic speak, and is pulled away by mommy. Kind of embarrassing, actually, like a few more seconds or minutes really matters.
~Livy

tech37

Post by tech37 »

That is quite scary. Kamala waiting in the wings? Oy...
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

tech37 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:49 pm
That is quite scary. Kamala waiting in the wings? Oy...
It's probably why she couldn't handle the border...had to be too engaged on all things Joe.
~Livy

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

ok, comedians.

Boy, you really gotta stretch to find this sort of baloney.
I guess if you're in the lets critique 'tan-suit' crowd...

Yet, I don't recall you guys making fun of, much less, actually taking seriously, much, much worse from Trump.

Sure, Trump was a jerk and a dummy, and certainly an exorbitant and grotesque liar, and he continues to spout truly outrageous BS, but much of this was actually downright serious.

Actually, much, much worse.
youthathletics

Re: Facegram & Instabook & TMTG

Post by youthathletics »

~Livy

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

A borderline fraudulent sponsor of the spac, I dropped plenty of information elsewhere. Another retail pickoff - now the "meme stock" reddit crowd will merge with 8chan.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:57 am
A borderline fraudulent sponsor of the spac, I dropped plenty of information elsewhere. Another retail pickoff - now the "meme stock" reddit crowd will merge with 8chan.
What's the over and under on how long it will take TMTG to run afoul of SEC regulations or face fraud charges?

This is what many thought was Trump's original game when he first ran for President. The speculation was that he never actually thought he'd win, rather was the dog that caught the bus, that he'd simply intended to raise his far-right adversarial brand from 'birtherism' to somehow a serious contender in the world of politics. $$$ always being the game.

Lots of competition in the middle and the left, with Fox occupying the entire right hand of the spectrum...so go further right than Fox.

This was a guy who'd always been a Dem, held fairly liberal views on a number of topics (except race), felt rejected by the traditional 'elite' business people most of whom were R's, and when he poked around the birther thing he saw the big reaction it got...he realized that there's an enormous number of chumps in America , ripe for the picking for various con games. So, he started looking for issues that might resonate. Back in the '70's he'd been an anti-Japan hawk, again as a gadfly critic of traditional business people (I know better than all the other traditional people who don't want me in their 'club' because I'm such an arrogant jerk), so the nativist thing came naturally to him, this time anti-Muslim, anti-China, anti-'Mexican'...and at each turn he was 'rewarded' by the chumps.

He'd been ripping off the chumps for years and years, whether large or small, those who put their trust in him were inevitably ripped off. There are NO moral boundaries for him.

And that remains the game.

Return to “POLITICS”