All things Chinese CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

MDlaxfan76

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:56 am
tech37 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:48 am You're getting way ahead of yourself here and it's a silly question at this time IMO. Not to mention an invitation to be sucked into the a fan vortex once again. No thanks.
I'm not getting ahead of myself, and I have no interest in a vortex.

I'm responding to your assertion "if we understand how this happened, right down to what occurred on a molecular level, this can be avoided in the future. "

I'm simply pointing out that this statement is simply incorrect. We're dealing with China, not Germany. You're certainly welcome to ignore my point here.

tech37 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:48 am Let's wait and see how things progress re the virus origin including the WHO's new investigation. I must admit, I'm cynical re the latter (not my fault).
And you just pointed out another problem. If WHO comes back and tells you that the virus couldn't have been made in a lab....are you going to believe them? No, right? So now what?

This is why I don't understand why you want an organization that you don't trust, to investigate a country you don't trust.....when if you don't like their conclusions, you're not going to believe them.

And we both know that China isn't going to do anything we say when it comes to lab work, or open air markets with all that weird uncooked food.

So you're stuck, in my opinion. No vortex required.
And that's indeed the point.
tech and others are hell-bent on only believing that it was developed in a lab in China...no other answer will satisfy them, no matter how valid.

Seems to me that it's entirely reasonable (regardless of source of this specific virus), and indeed actually in China's own interest (which is what really matters), to ask/expect them to improve their safety regimens in their labs and to crack down on wet markets etc, food handling, etc.

We can cajole, offer to help, but what really matters is their own recognition that it is good for them to reduce the risk and costs to their own population and economy of future outbreaks.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:57 pm
tech37 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:48 am You're getting way ahead of yourself here and it's a silly question at this time IMO. Not to mention an invitation to be sucked into the a fan vortex once again. No thanks.

I'm responding to your assertion "if we understand how this happened, right down to what occurred on a molecular level, this can be avoided in the future. "

I'm simply pointing out that this statement is simply incorrect. We're dealing with China, not Germany. You're certainly welcome to ignore my point here.

tech37 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:48 am Let's wait and see how things progress re the virus origin including the WHO's new investigation. I must admit, I'm cynical re the latter (not my fault).
And you just pointed out another problem. If WHO comes back and tells you that the virus couldn't have been made in a lab....are you going to believe them? No, right? So now what?

This is why I don't understand why you want an organization that you don't trust, to investigate a country you don't trust.....when if you don't like their conclusions, you're not going to believe them.

And we both know that China isn't going to do anything we say when it comes to lab work, or open air markets with all that weird uncooked food.

tech and others are hell-bent on only believing that it was developed in a lab in China...no other answer will satisfy them, no matter how valid.
Sounds just like your position on anything Trump or on anyone who doesn't necessarily like Trump but agrees with some of his admin's policies. Sounds familiar?

But of course you're wrong. If evidence surfaces (from any source) that proves lab-leak didn't occur and the consensus on that result includes those I do trust, certainly I'll agree.

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

tech37 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:11 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:57 pm

Sounds just like your position on anything Trump or on anyone who doesn't necessarily like Trump but agrees with some of his admin's policies. Sounds familiar?

But of course you're wrong. If evidence surfaces (from any source) that proves lab-leak didn't occur and the consensus on that result includes those I do trust, certainly I'll agree.

Yup, there's the rub...none of those you 'trust' will ever 'trust' that it didn't happen in a lab.

They'll claim all sorts of reasons to not be able to 'trust' and you'll simply spew them forward.

But hey, it'd be extraordinarily hard to produce 100% certainty of a naturally occurring source, rather than either a lab animal accident or an actual genetic effort in a lab. 100% certainty is virtually impossible. And it'll be always possible to claim that the govt of China simply isn't being honest, has hidden whatever evidence otherwise have refuted the contention it didn't happen in a lab.

So, you're stuck with never believing otherwise. We get it.

Why are you bringing up Trump?
Is this about Trump?

You want to agree with "some of his policies"??? Go ahead and make the case for any specific policies you like, I may well agree with you on something. I've never had a problem with that sort of discussion.

If you, in the alternative, want to tell me, say, that he's an honest guy...well, we'll definitely differ. On that, I'm not open.
a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:11 pm
So there it is.

The question is now simply: who do you trust? You already said you don't trust the WHO.

So who can investigate the virus' origin that you DO trust? And are they already on the case, or is only WHO on it?
tech37

Post by tech37 »

"there's the rub" and "So there it is"

You dudes have everything so figured out... :roll:
a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:45 pm "there's the rub" and "So there it is"

No, I don't. You still haven't told me who you trust that is actively investigating the virus' origin.

US intel? They already published a one sheet saying that they know it wasn't bio warfare. Do you trust them?

WHO...you already said you don't trust them, so they're out.

So who else is looking into this? Serious question.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:53 pm

No, I don't. You still haven't told me who you trust that is actively investigating the virus' origin.

US intel? They already published a one sheet saying that they know it wasn't bio warfare. Do you trust them?

Bret Weinstein, Men In Black Dude and Joe Rogan.
“I wish you would!”
tech37

Post by tech37 »

See above post... don't miss fanlax second banana's latest performance
a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:19 pm

Ok, ok, I get it. The other guys are giving you grief, and you'd like to move on. That's cool.

I couldn't find anyone other than WHO and US intel that's investigating the origin, so I was wondering if anyone else was. It was a sincere question, for the record.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:23 pm

Ok, ok, I get it. The other guys are giving you grief, and you'd like to move on. That's cool.

I couldn't find anyone other than WHO and US intel that's investigating the origin, so I was wondering if anyone else was. It was a sincere question, for the record.
Grief? Hardly... they're fanlax bananas 1 & 2
Typical Lax Dad

Where are your posts on these :lol: :lol: :lol: promising FDA drugs…..crickets
“I wish you would!”
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:28 pm

Where are your posts on these :lol: :lol: :lol: promising FDA drugs…..crickets
Still in stock!

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/produ ... -on-250-ml
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

having only recently received my internet medical certification, i almost hesitate to comment.

however, we've had 10s of millions of cases stateside
and 100s of millions globally. and decent numbers added each day. the lack of high powered trials... rcts may be the only ones that count... for potential therapeutics is embarassing. imo.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:08 pm having only recently received my internet medical certification, i almost hesitate to comment.

and 100s of millions globally. and decent numbers added each day. the lack of high powered trials... rcts may be the only ones that count... for potential therapeutics is embarassing. imo.
https://pharmaceutical-journal.com/arti ... apy-trials
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

The old ball coach ain’t going down without a fight!

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... sue-firing
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:07 pm
wgdsr wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:08 pm having only recently received my internet medical certification, i almost hesitate to comment.

https://pharmaceutical-journal.com/arti ... apy-trials
????
sounds like a bunch in the hopper.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:10 pm The old ball coach ain’t going down without a fight!

Seems like the “devout Catholic” Rolovich has little regard for the views of Pope Francis, who considers vaccination an “act of love.”

So, who does he follow, exactly?

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister
Typical Lax Dad

DocBarrister wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:54 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:10 pm The old ball coach ain’t going down without a fight!

Seems like the “devout Catholic” Rolovich has little regard for the views of Pope Francis, who considers vaccination an “act of love.”

So, who does he follow, exactly?

DocBarrister :?
His conscience.
“I wish you would!”
ggait

Post by ggait »

The old ball coach ain’t going down without a fight!
Of course the fired coach is gonna sue. Because he was making $3 sticks a year. Because he was shirt-canned "for cause". Which means no pay, no severance. And because this dunderhead has rendered himself unemployable for any other major coaching job. So he's gonna need some money to live.

He'll get some settlement $$$, because it will be cheaper for Wazzou to settle than litigate. But he won't get much. Because his purported claim for a religious exemption is laugh-able bull shirt.

Below are the questions that he would have had to answer. Presumably #5 was the killer. FYI, exemption requests at WSU are submitted anonymously and reviewed blindly. So any claim the coach has for bias will be instantly whack-a-moled by any sentient judge.

Question 2: “Describe the sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance that is the basis for your request for a religious exemption/accommodation to WSU’s COVID-19 vaccination requirement.”
Question 3: “Briefly explain how your sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance conflicts with WSU’s COVID-19 vaccination requirement.”
Question 4: “How long have you held the above religious belief, practice, or observance?”
Question 5: “If you have ever received an FDA authorized or approved vaccine at any time in your life, please explain how your sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance causes you to object to the COVID-19 vaccine compared to other vaccines you received.”

What a loser. Wants to extort payment for not following the fair and clear rules that apply to everyone else at his university. Fork him.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Not disagreeing here....well, maybe a little for discussion purposes. But the religious exemption seems the lesser of two evils than flat out refusing on principal.

It’s not like he has a coaching association to back up across the board....or maybe he does and we I am don’t know about one.

The alternative is fighting a legal battle is pure decision. Sure was can easily he’s in idiot, but if he wins he sets a legal precedent for many to follow.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard

Return to “POLITICS”