Conservative Ideology 2024: NOTHING BUT LIES AND FEARMONGERING

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: Conservative Ideology

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:07 pm Trollers gonna troll. Speaks volumes that you can not see the difference with sending young boys into a young girls bathrooms, then thinking its okay to send that same person back to a different school to try and make the problem go away. You should run for LCPS school board...probably get elected. :lol:
ah, I get it now.

The problem isn’t gendered bathrooms. The problem is a rapist kid and an incompetent school that—-like so many schools for generations—-hide sexual assaults, date rapes, and all the rest.

This isn’t the first sexual assault on school property, and it won’t be the last.

I mean—-the idea here is that the rapist kid would not have broken the law without the bathroom situation. That’s a bit of a stretch, to put it mildly.

The father thinks the bathroom is the problem, and thinks no bathroom, no problem. Yeah…no.
Last edited by a fan on Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

"The father thinks the bathroom is the problem, and thinks no bathroom, no problem. Yeah…no."

Yeah, exactly. But let's make a culture war out of this on social media so we can all hate each other more.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:15 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:07 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:34 pm
dislaxxic wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:28 pm So a cabinet secretary that is "absent" for long stretches because of his job is not the same as the caricature of the "absent black father"...that's what you object to in the post...ok, i see...

...nothing about what Tucker said or what his overall "message" is on this topic strikes you as off a bit, huh? :lol:

Sexual assault under a transgender pretext is not the same as sexual assault against a female by a male. The transgender is worse.
Trollers gonna troll. Speaks volumes that you can not see the difference with sending young boys into a young girls bathrooms, then thinking its okay to send that same person back to a different school to try and make the problem go away. You should run for LCPS school board...probably get elected. :lol:
Who said I don’t see the difference? I recall mentioning a friend’s daughter that told her parents she was gay and you asking what were the parents like suggesting it was her environment… I have a good memory.

You know what else is different? Priest raping boys.
Nice recall....yep, I asked because I have a niece who's father is essentially a POS as far as parenting goes, and she has run the gambit, says she's bi, forces mom to change her name to a gender neutral (age 14), then wants it changed back, then says she is pan, started dating guys, no clus where she is now. Her oldest brother is messed up.... has been in rehab multiple times, police called to home numerous times, threatened to kill his mother.....dad no where to really be found...all he care about is money. The middle child is doing his best to hold it all together for his sister....so yes, nature plays a role, that is why I asked.

Agreed, and look what happened when they get moved around inside their own world....reminds me of LCPS.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:20 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:07 pm Trollers gonna troll. Speaks volumes that you can not see the difference with sending young boys into a young girls bathrooms, then thinking its okay to send that same person back to a different school to try and make the problem go away. You should run for LCPS school board...probably get elected. :lol:
ah, I get it now.

The problem isn’t gendered bathrooms. The problem is a rapist kid and an incompetent school that—-like so many schools for generations—-hide sexual assaults, date rapes, and all the rest.

The father thinks the bathroom is the problem, and thinks no bathroom, no problem. Yeah…no.
Not entirely true........excerpt from father: “How could you allow this alleged sexual predator to return to a Loudoun County public school before the court was wrapped up with our court situation,” said Smith.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

seacoaster wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:27 pm "The father thinks the bathroom is the problem, and thinks no bathroom, no problem. Yeah…no."

Yeah, exactly. But let's make a culture war out of this on social media so we can all hate each other more.
No doubt.....simply doing the right thing has taken a back seat out of fear of a modicum of things...like losing your job and being sued for all you've got. There is very little reason this student should have been allowed to walk freely in a public school, much less be in school. And yet, LCPS moved him to another school...in hopes of sweeping under the rug?
~Livy

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:50 pm
seacoaster wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:27 pm "The father thinks the bathroom is the problem, and thinks no bathroom, no problem. Yeah…no."

No doubt.....simply doing the right thing has taken a back seat out of fear of a modicum of things...like losing your job and being sued for all you've got. There is very little reason this student should have been allowed to walk freely in a public school, much less be in school. And yet, LCPS moved him to another school...in hopes of sweeping under the rug?
And that would be a fair complaint or question, as long as universally applied to anyone who has been accused of an assault.

Are you willing to apply this universally?

Or are we only going to get worked up when the person accused is trans, or pretending to be?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:30 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:15 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:07 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:34 pm
dislaxxic wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:28 pm So a cabinet secretary that is "absent" for long stretches because of his job is not the same as the caricature of the "absent black father"...that's what you object to in the post...ok, i see...

...nothing about what Tucker said or what his overall "message" is on this topic strikes you as off a bit, huh? :lol:

Sexual assault under a transgender pretext is not the same as sexual assault against a female by a male. The transgender is worse.
Trollers gonna troll. Speaks volumes that you can not see the difference with sending young boys into a young girls bathrooms, then thinking its okay to send that same person back to a different school to try and make the problem go away. You should run for LCPS school board...probably get elected. :lol:
Who said I don’t see the difference? I recall mentioning a friend’s daughter that told her parents she was gay and you asking what were the parents like suggesting it was her environment… I have a good memory.

You know what else is different? Priest raping boys.
Nice recall....yep, I asked because I have a niece who's father is essentially a POS as far as parenting goes, and she has run the gambit, says she's bi, forces mom to change her name to a gender neutral (age 14), then wants it changed back, then says she is pan, started dating guys, no clus where she is now. Her oldest brother is messed up.... has been in rehab multiple times, police called to home numerous times, threatened to kill his mother.....dad no where to really be found...all he care about is money. The middle child is doing his best to hold it all together for his sister....so yes, nature plays a role, that is why I asked.

Agreed, and look what happened when they get moved around inside their own world....reminds me of LCPS.
So we have all these “gays” because of POS parents? :shock: :shock:
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:54 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:50 pm

And that would be a fair complaint or question, as long as universally applied to anyone who has been accused of an assault.

Are you willing to apply this universally?

Or are we only going to get worked up when the person accused is trans, or pretending to be?
No teachers, no problem: https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/loc ... 08401/?amp
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:38 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:20 pm
ah, I get it now.

Not entirely true........excerpt from father: “How could you allow this alleged sexual predator to return to a Loudoun County public school before the court was wrapped up with our court situation,” said Smith.
Ok..but what does the law say in VA? Kid is innocent until proven guilty? Or suspended and removed from school until proven non guilty?

I have no clue what the law is there.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

A little sliver of everyday GOP politics in 2021:

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/stat ... 3896468487
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

dislaxxic wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:04 am

You know, it's funny for a while, and then you reflect a little that this is a self-governing society. This is part of the reason no one should be voting for Republicans until the GOP cleans up the mess. But for now, the McCarthys and Stefaniks and Crenshaws and Gohmerts of the world understand that this is the base, and prostrate themselves accordingly.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

That's part of why Jon Stewart got stale and Noah has just run the same path like David Shaw having taken over for Harbaugh and losing all momentum. It's not funny and it's easy to kick wretched mules but doesn't shine a positive light on anyone or add any value to the dialogue.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:44 am That's part of why Jon Stewart got stale and Noah has just run the same path like David Shaw having taken over for Harbaugh and losing all momentum. It's not funny and it's easy to kick wretched mules but doesn't shine a positive light on anyone or add any value to the dialogue.
...except that these people are wholly driving the political life of the country at this point, or at least one of its two major political parties. These "wretched mules" are the primary voters McConnell and McCarthy and the rest of the current GOP establishment have 1) been cultivating for so long and, 2) the ones they are now so terrorized by - that they take positions like they do today.

They have, in effect, FORCED us all to 'add them to the dialogue' because of the way the establishment GOP has brought us to this point, right??

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

dislaxxic wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:00 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:44 am That's part of why Jon Stewart got stale and Noah has just run the same path like David Shaw having taken over for Harbaugh and losing all momentum. It's not funny and it's easy to kick wretched mules but doesn't shine a positive light on anyone or add any value to the dialogue.
...except that these people are wholly driving the political life of the country at this point, or at least one of its two major political parties. These "wretched mules" are the primary voters McConnell and McCarthy and the rest of the current GOP establishment have 1) been cultivating for so long and, 2) the ones they are now so terrorized by - that they take positions like they do today.

They have, in effect, FORCED us all to 'add them to the dialogue' because of the way the establishment GOP has brought us to this point, right??

Essentially, by listening to the many lies of the RW media, the R voting bloc is believing enough nonsense that the tail is effectively now wagging the dog. An R politician is forced to at least downplay any disagreement with junk beliefs like Q, etc., to avoid losing their positions.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Not sure that's true. You do have to give them a microphone, how's Parler doing?

And not to make it relativistic, but there's a cohort in the D party that would behave the same way, it's just the middle of the Ds doing a better job holding on (for now).

It's like when I get sucked into responding here. Sometime ignoring, and I don't mean the function, but just letting some clownshoe have the last word, is the most effective way to get them to disappear. Think tennis, especially against a power serve/player, often it's better to let them run themselves out of the game with unforced errors.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

RedFromMI wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:15 am

Essentially, by listening to the many lies of the RW media, the R voting bloc is believing enough nonsense that the tail is effectively now wagging the dog. An R politician is forced to at least downplay any disagreement with junk beliefs like Q, etc., to avoid losing their positions.
Did you steal that form Sunday's The Circus episode? :) (emoji used to make clear I'm having fun with this rhetorical-esque question - see appropriate use by some by not by many)
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:35 am

Did you steal that form Sunday's The Circus episode? :) (emoji used to make clear I'm having fun with this rhetorical-esque question - see appropriate use by some by not by many)
No - that is a program I don't generally watch, as I am busy with other things. But that it might appear elsewhere does not surprise me...
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:34 am

Not sure that's true. You do have to give them a microphone, how's Parler doing?

And not to make it relativistic, but there's a cohort in the D party that would behave the same way, it's just the middle of the Ds doing a better job holding on (for now).

It's like when I get sucked into responding here. Sometime ignoring, and I don't mean the function, but just letting some clownshoe have the last word, is the most effective way to get them to disappear. Think tennis, especially against a power serve/player, often it's better to let them run themselves out of the game with unforced errors.
Curious what part (or all??) of "that" you aren't sure is true...?

Some would perhaps feel that this uncertainty would lead to the belief that Trumpism is where the GOP wants to be today...because...why? "Wanting" to be led by the things the Trump Base believes thus becomes legitimized somehow, no? Maybe to help keep them in power? But don't let me put words in your mouth FFG...maybe, could it be perhaps that you don't feel like the GOP establishment, by itself, has "brought us to this point" by themselves? Discontent with the status quo and the idea of "being forgotten" are not conditions CREATED by the establishment GOP, but can we agree that they have, for some time now, sought to exploit the idea that they ostensibly care about these things and thus cultivate the Trump Base for pure electoral purposes? What, exactly, have they done to alleviate said conditions??

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

RedFromMI wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:43 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:35 am

No - that is a program I don't generally watch, as I am busy with other things. But that it might appear elsewhere does not surprise me...
Basically described it as a closed feedback loop where the pols feed the constituents the lies who then demand action from their pols who throw their hands up and say "my people want it so I have to do it".

BTW, you are familiar with DVR and Roku right??? Sleep is optional, or so I've been led to believe, the last 25yrs.

Return to “POLITICS”