Conservative Ideology 2024: NOTHING BUT LIES AND FEARMONGERING

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
youthathletics

Re: Conservative Ideology

Post by youthathletics »

seacoaster wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:54 am We should probably have a death of democracy thread, but this one will carry the weight for now:

On October 13, at 3:30 in the morning, the Texas House passed extreme gerrymandered GOP state House map:

Whites: 40% population but control 59% districts;

Hispanics: 39% of population but control 20% districts;

Blacks: 12% of population but control 2.7% districts.

Politicians choosing their voters, locking into forever-incumbency, numbing the ability to participate and be heard in politics.

See also: https://www.texastribune.org/2021/09/29 ... dam-foltz/
Can you add Maryland to your new thread, gerrymandered to death.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:06 am
seacoaster wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:54 am We should probably have a death of democracy thread, but this one will carry the weight for now:

On October 13, at 3:30 in the morning, the Texas House passed extreme gerrymandered GOP state House map:

Politicians choosing their voters, locking into forever-incumbency, numbing the ability to participate and be heard in politics.

That is indeed true. The good news is that most of our MD Reps and Senators, the primary beneficiaries of same, have endorsed a national ban of gerrymandering. Same for the state legislature.

I don't expect Dems to unilaterally not use gerrymandering when Republicans are unwilling, because they disproportionately benefit from the tactic.

Nationally, use of gerrymandering benefits the GOP far more than it does the Democrats. It's not close. so, getting the GOP to give it up, with national legislation would require a vote in the Senate as well as House...and oh yeah, the Senate has this weird thing of rewarding smaller, less diverse, more red states with disproportionate power...and then there's the filibuster....

And then you need a President to sign it...but oh yeah, the Electoral College disproportionately benefits those same, less populated states...
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:41 am

That is indeed true. The good news is that most of our MD Reps and Senators, the primary beneficiaries of same, have endorsed a national ban of gerrymandering. Same for the state legislature.

I don't expect Dems to unilaterally not use gerrymandering when Republicans are unwilling, because they disproportionately benefit from the tactic.

Nationally, use of gerrymandering benefits the GOP far more than it does the Democrats. It's not close. so, getting the GOP to give it up, with national legislation would require a vote in the Senate as well as House...and oh yeah, the Senate has this weird thing of rewarding smaller, less diverse, more red states with disproportionate power...and then there's the filibuster....

And then you need a President to sign it...but oh yeah, the Electoral College disproportionately benefits those same, less populated states...
Why the constant barrage of declaratory statements, as IF ?

You just agreed, that Maryland gerrymanders.........and somehow the GOP of Maryland benefit? Huh?

You say it IS not close.......so how to know this? My state hasn't had a GOP member of Congress in , like....forever.

more lies and misinformation........just because it IS written.......doesn't mean it is done. Proof? exactly
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

runrussellrun wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:48 am

You just agreed, that Maryland gerrymanders.........and somehow the GOP of Maryland benefit? Huh?

You say it IS not close.......so how to know this? My state hasn't had a GOP member of Congress in , like....forever.

more lies and misinformation........just because it IS written.......doesn't mean it is done. Proof? exactly
too much grey poupon? ;) :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Oh, agreed. Maryland is just as bad. Wisconsin is terrible. It’s all wrong. If we weren’t so tribal, it should be the thing we agree on: politicians should not be permitted to allocate voters to create “safe” forever-seats in Congress.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:52 am

too much grey poupon? ;) :lol:
Apparently laced w LSD.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

seacoaster wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:04 am

Oh, agreed. Maryland is just as bad. Wisconsin is terrible. It’s all wrong. If we weren’t so tribal, it should be the thing we agree on: politicians should not be permitted to allocate voters to create “safe” forever-seats in Congress.
+1
~Livy

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

RRR, if you actually have some info that refutes my "declaratory statements" go ahead and provide it.
But you don't.

Nationally.

Yes, my understanding is that Mass, like MD, uses gerrymandering to create safe seats for Dems and to squeeze R's to fewer seats than they might have otherwise won...but nationally this is far more used to benefit R's...they know it, and thus don't want to ban gerrymandering nationally.

But worse than the simple un-democratic aspects, which are indeed important, gerrymandering greatly exacerbates the influence of the most extreme elements in each party in our duopoly political system. If a Rep needn't be concerned with a challenge from the other side of aisle, they only need to be concerned by a challenge from their flank, they have to move that direction and away from the middle, away from moderation and cooperation.

We should all want to get rid of gerrymandering.
But one party disproportionately benefits at present.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

How to be a conservative today:

You denounce mask and vaccine mandates by comparing them to the Holocaust and in the same breath say that we should teach kids that the Holocaust wasn’t so bad.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

CU88 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:45 am How to be a conservative today:

You denounce mask and vaccine mandates by comparing them to the Holocaust and in the same breath say that we should teach kids that the Holocaust wasn’t so bad.
Well, at least agree to "both-sides" teach the Holocaust, right?
CU88

Post by CU88 »

seacoaster wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:14 pm
CU88 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:45 am How to be a conservative today:

Well, at least agree to "both-sides" teach the Holocaust, right?
I saw that "news" in Texas; just horrific!
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

you can always count on the right wing delusionals to be consistently inconsistent:

https://i.imgur.com/ZifHw5T.png
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

There you go again with false equivalence, stop eating cheetos and drinking mountain dew all the time. :lol:
~Livy

dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

For those of us who are slow on the uptake, could you please explain how you see that as a false equivalent, YA?

Time off in a black household vs. time off in a gay household? What am i missing, exactly?

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

dislaxxic wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:24 pm For those of us who are slow on the uptake, could you please explain how you see that as a false equivalent, YA?

Time off in a black household vs. time off in a gay household? What am i missing, exactly?

Absent Fathers vs Fathers non-absent
~Livy

dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

So a cabinet secretary that is "absent" for long stretches because of his job is not the same as the caricature of the "absent black father"...that's what you object to in the post...ok, i see...

...nothing about what Tucker said or what his overall "message" is on this topic strikes you as off a bit, huh? :lol:

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

you are just trolling now.. :roll:
~Livy

Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

dislaxxic wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:28 pm So a cabinet secretary that is "absent" for long stretches because of his job is not the same as the caricature of the "absent black father"...that's what you object to in the post...ok, i see...

...nothing about what Tucker said or what his overall "message" is on this topic strikes you as off a bit, huh? :lol:

Sexual assault under a transgender pretext is not the same as sexual assault against a female by a male. The transgender is worse.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:34 pm
dislaxxic wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:28 pm So a cabinet secretary that is "absent" for long stretches because of his job is not the same as the caricature of the "absent black father"...that's what you object to in the post...ok, i see...

Sexual assault under a transgender pretext is not the same as sexual assault against a female by a male. The transgender is worse.
Trollers gonna troll. Speaks volumes that you can not see the difference with sending young boys into a young girls bathrooms, then thinking its okay to send that same person back to a different school to try and make the problem go away. You should run for LCPS school board...probably get elected. :lol:
~Livy

Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:07 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:34 pm

Trollers gonna troll. Speaks volumes that you can not see the difference with sending young boys into a young girls bathrooms, then thinking its okay to send that same person back to a different school to try and make the problem go away. You should run for LCPS school board...probably get elected. :lol:
Who said I don’t see the difference? I recall mentioning a friend’s daughter that told her parents she was gay and you asking what were the parents like suggesting it was her environment… I have a good memory.

You know what else is different? Priest raping boys.
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”