All things Chinese CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

Farfromgeneva

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:21 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:13 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:54 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:00 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:37 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:21 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:05 pm https://fadeawayworld.net/.amp/nba-medi ... his-season

Oh well…Someone else will pay him. I would take him on the cheap in Dallas.
Watch Luka stand around and never see the ball?
Kyrie wants to play off ball. I would be concerned with team chemistry.
Him and Porzingis on the same team would be worse than DeLonte West, Lebron James and Lebron James mom around.

Or Shaq & Kobe.

Or the big three the Mavs had with Kidd, Mash and JJ.
Porzingis is fine. He was a bad fit in Carlisle’s offense. I predicted Carlisle would be out before last season started. I said at the time, you don’t need a Porzingis to do what Carlisle is asking him to do….stand behind the 3 pt. line and space the floor. I would actually rather have Ben Simmons on Dallas vs. Kyrie Irving.
Makes sense with Simmons being a interior scorer and passer and Luka outside shooter. I like Carlisle but a championship only buys you so many years. Wasn't just about him vs. Porzingis though was it?
No….not just Porzingis. Carlisle is a good coach. He had limited pieces at Dallas but I figured a change was due. We will see how Kidd does. Needs to get Porzingis some low, mid and high post touches. Not just stand behind the 3 point line and crash the basket.
Sounds right, I just don't know if Porzingis is worth his contract at this point and become a little bit of a malcontent. Maybe him for Simmons would be an interesting swap. Thing is Simmons thinks he should run a team so all signs point back to Knicks since folks are suddenly down on true team player (and a guy I like a lot) in Julius Randle. Rose and Burks at guard?
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

wgdsr wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:23 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:19 am
wgdsr wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:14 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:05 pm https://fadeawayworld.net/.amp/nba-medi ... his-season

Him and Porzingis on the same team would be worse than DeLonte West, Lebron James and Lebron James mom around.

Or Shaq & Kobe.

Porzingis is fine. He was a bad fit in Carlisle’s offense. I predicted Carlisle would be out before last season started. I said at the time, you don’t need a Porzingis to do what Carlisle is asking him to do….stand behind the 3 pt. line and space the floor. I would actually rather have Ben Simmons on Dallas vs. Kyrie Irving.
kyrie's incredibly talented. he remains the only dookie i liked watching with the blue devils (add on reddick in the pros).
but no one has been sad to see him go at cleveland or boston. maybe next bklyn. too much trouble for the juice at any price.
You know you love that ankle biter Grayson Allen!
i'd add jay williams. grayson i was impressed with his frosh nc$$ tourney. hugs after big baskets aside. he then went to the dark side.
That tripping 'ish...risking players health and careers. That's a you deserve to get knocked the f out and no penalty behavior. I have more respect for Bruce Bowen and he was a undercutter bastard himself.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:24 am

Or Shaq & Kobe.

Makes sense with Simmons being a interior scorer and passer and Luka outside shooter. I like Carlisle but a championship only buys you so many years. Wasn't just about him vs. Porzingis though was it?
No….not just Porzingis. Carlisle is a good coach. He had limited pieces at Dallas but I figured a change was due. We will see how Kidd does. Needs to get Porzingis some low, mid and high post touches. Not just stand behind the 3 point line and crash the basket.
Sounds right, I just don't know if Porzingis is worth his contract at this point and become a little bit of a malcontent. Maybe him for Simmons would be an interesting swap. Thing is Simmons thinks he should run a team so all signs point back to Knicks since folks are suddenly down on true team player (and a guy I like a lot) in Julius Randle. Rose and Burks at guard?
I believe Ben Simmons is a top 10 talent. He just isn’t a good outside shooter. He’s 6’10 and scores at a high rate in the paint. FT shooting is mental. He sees the ball go in 6 out of 10 times and his hesitancy to handle the ball down the stretch goes away. Also, with Luka, he won’t be the primary ball handler and would be a killer in pick and roll with Luka.

I don’t like Julius Randle. Would be a good #3 player on a good team. He had a great year last year. Coach Thibs is excellent
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:39 am

Or Shaq & Kobe.

I believe Ben Simmons is a top 10 talent. He just isn’t a good outside shooter. He’s 6’10 and scores at a high rate in the paint. FT shooting is mental. He sees the ball go in 6 out of 10 times and his hesitancy to handle the ball down the stretch goes away. Also, with Luka, he won’t be the primary ball handler and would be a killer in pick and roll with Luka.

I don’t like Julius Randle. Would be a good #3 player on a good team. He had a great year last year. Coach Thibs is excellent
To me Randle is the next david west. Love those guys.
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:01 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:39 am

Or Shaq & Kobe.

To me Randle is the next david west. Love those guys.
Yes. I would take Randle on a winning team. Plays hard.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:03 pm
a fan wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:27 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:15 pm
a fan wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:41 pm
So as I said last spring when the Covid restrictions started----there isn't a winning move if you're a governor of a State, or a Mayor.
So you disagree with the Biden Mandate?
Which one?
vaccine
Is there a federal vaccine mandate?

Or is the proposed OSHA rule a vaccine OR test mandate, only for employers with more than 100 employees?

Pretty far cry from requiring everyone to be vaccinated, right?

In fact, if a large employer doesn’t want to require vaccines at all, they simply can test.

Even that rule hasn’t gone into effect yet, if I’m not mistaken.

MEANWHILE, companies that are putting into place such requirements are indeed dramatically increasing the percentage of their employees vaccinated.

In other words, these ‘mandates’ work.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:44 pm
So as I said last spring when the Covid restrictions started----there isn't a winning move if you're a governor of a State, or a Mayor.
Which one?
vaccine

Or is the proposed OSHA rule a vaccine OR test mandate, only for employers with more than 100 employees?

In fact, if a large employer doesn’t want to require vaccines at all, they simply can test.

MEANWHILE, companies that are putting into place such requirements are indeed dramatically increasing the percentage of their employees vaccinated.

You might want to catch up a bit further, especially for companies that have any affiliation with Federal building or projects.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

will be interesting to see how all this mandate stuff works out in the next elections.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:22 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:44 pm
Which one?
vaccine

You might want to catch up a bit further, especially for companies that have any affiliation with Federal building or projects.
Ahhh, thanks for the suggestion.
https://www.fisherphillips.com/news-ins ... ccess.html

So, right now, none of these mandates are in effect, but looks like you're correct that federal contractors (though not all) will actually have a mandate, not a test option, though medical and religious exemptions are allowed (of course, as they are for all vaccines). Full vaccination is required by December 8, else the contractor can lose the contract, right? So, still a choice?

Yeah, I think that's an appropriate action, just as I've supported the military mandate etc.
I also think that mandating for interstate or international travel should get put into place, as other countries are doing.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

wgdsr wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:31 pm will be interesting to see how all this mandate stuff works out in the next elections.
If Covid is beaten down, with mandates pretty universally utilized, then I think the mandates are likely to (then) be a non-issue for voters, one way or the other (other issues like the economy etc will be forefront)...but if those who want to play politics with public health have their way in the meantime, mandates won't be adopted universally and Covid is very unlikely to have been beaten down sufficiently. Which will mean continued challenges in the economy.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:31 pm will be interesting to see how all this mandate stuff works out in the next elections.
How will it (possibly) effect how you vote? Just asking…..
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:55 pm
i doubt it will.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:01 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:55 pm
i doubt it will.
I didn’t think it would but I figured I would be an @ss and ask.
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

The Brain Dead School -- only in Florida. :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

jhu72 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:48 am The Brain Dead School -- only in Florida. :lol:
Need to study it before letting those vaccinated kids in school. You never know. Why chance it?
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:48 am The Brain Dead School -- only in Florida. :lol:
Is Fauci from Florida? ;) :lol:

That is because the CDC said as much post shot for a time period. We can thank Biden and Fauci as well.....telling us even if you are vaccinated you may not be able t celebrate July 4th, or attend Thanksgiving. Is

https://health.clevelandclinic.org/do-y ... -covid-19/
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:11 am
Need to study it before letting those vaccinated kids in school. You never know. Why chance it?
I love the line that they do not require any vaccinations because there are "unknown risks associated with vaccinations."

There are definitely some screws loose with their logic...
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:23 am

That is because the CDC said as much post shot for a time period. We can thank Biden and Fauci as well.....telling us even if you are vaccinated you may not be able t celebrate July 4th, or attend Thanksgiving. Is

HUH???

Quite the opposite statement.

Even if vaccinated, if exposed to a known infection, quarantine for a few days VERSUS If vaccinated, must stay home for 30 days...because what, the vaccine exposes one to the virus???

Come on.

We know that we can still get infected, even if vaccinated, and if infected, we can spread, even if vaccinated. It ain't perfect. Better, but not perfect.

But the vaccine never makes us infectious.
And no one at CDC or Biden etc have ever said otherwise.
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:39 am
youthathletics wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:23 am

HUH???

Quite the opposite statement.

Even if vaccinated, if exposed to a known infection, quarantine for a few days VERSUS If vaccinated, must stay home for 30 days...because what, the vaccine exposes one to the virus???

Come on.

We know that we can still get infected, even if vaccinated, and if infected, we can spread, even if vaccinated. It ain't perfect. Better, but not perfect.

But the vaccine never makes us infectious.
And no one at CDC or Biden etc have ever said otherwise.
Must be an alum sticking up for his school’s policy.
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”