All things Chinese CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

Typical Lax Dad

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

wgdsr wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:19 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:06 pm
wgdsr wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:25 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:16 pm
wgdsr wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:53 pm
tech37 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:19 am
seacoaster wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:13 am
tech37 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:51 am https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/15/opin ... nated.html

seacoaster... when convenient, would you be so kind as to post the text?
Here you go:
Thanks
lotta fancy words and excuses. it's all maga mouthbreathers. this gal's/guy's clock @ nyt is running out.
It’s, for the most part, mouth breathers.
hmmm....
we're at 97 million eligible for vaxx and not fully vaxxed.

74 million voted for trump. let's have fun with it and call them all maga mouth breathers, indies included. so what's the number we're going with on all republicans? 50%? sounds generous to the downside given those polls. tack on 1/2 the pop of 11-17 yr olds, at say 65% not fully vaxxed under the watchful eye of maga mouthbreathers and you get another 7.8 m and i come up with 44.8 million.

huh. tried stretching best i could.
A mouth breather is a mouth breather. I don’t care if its a MAGA mouth breather or the hood rat variety.
ahh. so my post wasn't meant for you. didn't recognize you were changing it up for your definition.
who is not a mouthbreather?
You are not.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

wgdsr wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:29 pm not really. don't have to try very hard at all. i'm replying to the concept that this runs on political lines and that is all.
No, that is not all.

What i wrote was accurate. Disinformation surrounding the vaccine is flowing from TrumpNation.

Yep, this disinformation is affecting people all over America.....is this is a surprise to you? But the disinformation is doing its worst in rural, uneducated America. Again, that's why you're seeing 50% vaxx rates in these areas. Areas that pre-2021 saw 90% vaxx rates for K-12 vaccines.

But we know which "side' is generating this propaganda...while at the same time, the broadcasters of this disinformation were all vaccinated months ago.

You agree that this is happening, right?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

wgdsr wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:29 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:12 pm
wgdsr wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:25 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:16 pm
wgdsr wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:53 pm
tech37 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:19 am
seacoaster wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:13 am
tech37 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:51 am https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/15/opin ... nated.html

seacoaster... when convenient, would you be so kind as to post the text?
Here you go:
Thanks
lotta fancy words and excuses. it's all maga mouthbreathers. this gal's/guy's clock @ nyt is running out.
It’s, for the most part, mouth breathers.
hmmm....
we're at 97 million eligible for vaxx and not fully vaxxed.

74 million voted for trump. let's have fun with it and call them all maga mouth breathers, indies included. so what's the number we're going with on all republicans? 50%? sounds generous to the downside given those polls. tack on 1/2 the pop of 11-17 yr olds, at say 65% not fully vaxxed under the watchful eye of maga mouthbreathers and you get another 7.8 m and i come up with 44.8 million.

huh. tried stretching best i could.
You're trying too hard.

Here's the easier way to put it, and it reflects what you just read in this NYTImes piece that you seem to like:

The unvaccinated are MAGA idiots, coupled with uneducated and poor who are susceptible to the disinformation coming from the MAGA media and MAGA social media.

As I told Tech----if it was 1985, and Reagan was in the White House? We'd be sitting pretty at 90%+ nationwide, and only left wing nutjobs would be refusing the vaccine coming from "the man", and the handful of Americans terrified of needles. And the right wing media would be leading the charge to get everyone vaccinated so that we could get our economy rolling.

You can't look at vaxx rates in poor, rural Colorado at below 50% even now, and not understand why that rate is so low. Meanwhile, rich rural Colorado with plenty of Maga voters in Vail, Breck, etc.? Highest rate in the State. So Tucker Carlson and the 1%ers who voted for Trump? You bet they're vaccinated. The poor people who listen to these idiots? Not so much. Tucker et. al. playing these games have blood on their hands. Shame on them.
not really. don't have to try very hard at all. i'm replying to the concept that this runs on political lines and that is all. or mostly, take your pick.
what you're saying about the poor and uneducated isn't anything i haven't said. save the maga part. not alone there.

what is true is it's become a political football. and has been since 2020. are we surprised it remains one today?
not a personal attack, but I think you have a tendency to create a binary choice as having been made by others when it suits you, but claim nuance in your own thinking.

Haven't we over and over again made clear that it's more complicated than only "MAGA mouth breathers"...?

Why claim that some are saying otherwise?

Yeah, it's mostly such PLUS a bunch of other segments that are either influenced by the disinformation campaign (that yes is coming predominantly from MAGA aligned sources) or are simply susceptible to the constant barrage of distrust of institutions for a variety of reasons. The latter being at least potentially reachable through persuasion, but more importantly are influenceable through mandates.

I found the NYT article quite illuminating.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

a fan wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:42 pm
wgdsr wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:29 pm not really. don't have to try very hard at all. i'm replying to the concept that this runs on political lines and that is all.
No, that is not all.

What i wrote was accurate. Disinformation surrounding the vaccine is flowing from TrumpNation.

Yep, this disinformation is affecting people all over America.....is this is a surprise to you? But the disinformation is doing its worst in rural, uneducated America. Again, that's why you're seeing 50% vaxx rates in these areas. Areas that pre-2021 saw 90% vaxx rates for K-12 vaccines.

But we know which "side' is generating this propaganda...while at the same time, the broadcasters of this disinformation were all vaccinated months ago.

sure, i can agree that's where some (name your %age) large amount of propaganda comes from. in this calendar year.

but that's not what you said/quoted. you said/quoted: "unvaccinated are MAGA idiots, coupled with uneducated and poor who are susceptible to the disinformation coming from the MAGA media and MAGA social media."

you're certainly welcome to your opinion. i have not interviewed the 97 million, but it's my own guess that a great many of them (a substantial %) have been influenced by things far beyond what comes out of maga boomboxes.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

No, that is not all.

How soon we forget... I would again add that poor/inconsistent communication from the gov't and medical establishment has created a loss of confidence for many, just as much as any "disinformation surrounding the vaccine flowing from TrumpNation." Also, the divisive nature of messaging coming from the WH and all those who throw around terms like "mouth breathers," certainly is not helping. It is complex, as the article portrays.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:52 pm
No, that is not all.

sure, i can agree that's where some (name your %age) large amount of propaganda comes from. in this calendar year.

but that's not what you said/quoted. you said/quoted: "unvaccinated are MAGA idiots, coupled with uneducated and poor who are susceptible to the disinformation coming from the MAGA media and MAGA social media."

you're certainly welcome to your opinion. i have not interviewed the 97 million, but it's my own guess that a great many of them (a substantial %) have been influenced by things far beyond what comes out of maga boomboxes.
That’s why I just refer to a chunk as mouth breathers (not everyone that declines a vaccine is a mouth breather….but a good chunk are….all stripes.)
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

tech37 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:56 pm
No, that is not all.

How soon we forget... I would again add that poor/inconsistent communication from the gov't and medical establishment has created a loss of confidence for many, just as much as any "disinformation surrounding the vaccine flowing from TrumpNation." Also, the divisive nature of messaging coming from the WH and all those who throw around terms like "mouth breathers," certainly is not helping. It is complex, as the article portrays.
How is that Ivermectin doing? Weinstein pushing this promising new therapeutic on his webcast? I haven’t seem any links lately.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

No, that is not all.

but that's not what you said. you said: "unvaccinated are MAGA idiots, coupled with uneducated and poor who are susceptible to the disinformation coming from the MAGA media and MAGA social media."
Ok. Agree to disagree.
wgdsr wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:52 pm you're certainly welcome to your opinion. i have not interviewed the 97 million, but it's my own guess that a great many of them (a substantial %) have been influenced by things far beyond what comes out of maga boomboxes.
And you're welcome to yours. But I can't square your idea that tens of millions of Americans have some other reason to not vaccinate.....when we were at 90%+ vaccination rates in America for, oh, about 30 years leading up to 2021. And the racial difference, for example, between black and white in the years before 2020 was at worst a 2% difference.

What changed? All the excuses put forth in the NY Times article don't work. Pre 2020 vaccines used needles. Pre 2020 vaccines were made with stuff that no one outside of doctors understand. Pre2020 vaccines in many cases have HIGHER vaccination rates in rural and MAGA areas.

What changed, obviously, is the political propaganda that is clearly centered around virtue-signaling and getting votes/clicks/money. I don't understand why you don't see that, but here we are. You're entitled to it, and we agree to disagree.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

No, that is not all.

How dare you bring that up? That can't possibly be a contributing factor... It's only mother-breathers. Black and white. No nuance. C'mon now, this is FLP we are dealing with. Everything is painted with hue that suits their views. Can't possibly be the White House and medical establishment which has had inconsistent messaging and actions that have led to a big erosion of trust within the American public at large. :lol: :lol:

Joe
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

a fan wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:02 pm
No, that is not all.

but that's not what you said. you said: "unvaccinated are MAGA idiots, coupled with uneducated and poor who are susceptible to the disinformation coming from the MAGA media and MAGA social media."
Ok. Agree to disagree.
wgdsr wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:52 pm you're certainly welcome to your opinion. i have not interviewed the 97 million, but it's my own guess that a great many of them (a substantial %) have been influenced by things far beyond what comes out of maga boomboxes.
And you're welcome to yours. But I can't square your idea that tens of millions of Americans have some other reason to not vaccinate.....when we were at 90%+ vaccination rates in America for, oh, about 30 years leading up to 2021. And the racial difference, for example, between black and white in the years before 2020 was at worst a 2% difference.

What changed? All the excuses put forth in the NY Times article don't work. Pre 2020 vaccines used needles. Pre 2020 vaccines were made with stuff that no one outside of doctors understand. Pre2020 vaccines in many cases have HIGHER vaccination rates in rural and MAGA areas.

What changed, obviously, is the political propaganda that is clearly centered around virtue-signaling and getting votes/clicks/money. I don't understand why you don't see that, but here we are. You're entitled to it, and we agree to disagree.
how many of those vaccines went mandatory a year after development? or 90%?
how many were in the information and connected age as they were developed? where you can search in 5 seconds to find verification of your fears, insecurities, lack of trust? find your echo chamber?

i'm not the guy who's interviewed them all. you seem to be pretty cocksure where everyone gets their opinions/behavior on it from, so that's one up on me.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:17 pm
No, that is not all.

Ok. Agree to disagree.

how many were in the information and connected age as they were developed? where you can search in 5 seconds to find verification of your fears, insecurities, lack of trust? find your echo chamber?

i'm not the guy who's interviewed them all. you seem to be pretty cocksure where everyone gets their opinions/behavior on it from, so that's one up on me.
These same people are taking Ivermectin and bleach.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

No, that is not all.

Ok. Agree to disagree.

+1, It doesn't serve the narrative that there quite a few anti-vaxxers that have no connection to MAGA types or the disinformation they so-called "have a monopoly on" C'mon, you know better than that! :lol: :lol:

Joe
Last edited by JoeMauer89 on Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

JoeMauer89 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:56 pm
No, that is not all.

Ok. Agree to disagree.

+1, It doesn't serve the narrative that there quite few anti-vaxxers that have no connection to MAGA types or the disinformation they so-called "have a monopoly on" C'mon, you know better than that! :lol: :lol:

Joe
They are out there for sure.
“I wish you would!”
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:59 pm
No, that is not all.

Ok. Agree to disagree.

+1, It doesn't serve the narrative that there quite few anti-vaxxers that have no connection to MAGA types or the disinformation they so-called "have a monopoly on" C'mon, you know better than that! :lol: :lol:

Joe
Yup, I rely on FLP to keep me abreast of their presence, otherwise I wouldn't know that they exist. :lol:

Joe
a fan

Post by a fan »

wgdsr wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:17 pmhow many of those vaccines went mandatory a year after development? or 90%?
My PRECISE point, thank you. And which echo chamber has been throwing shade at the vaccine this entire time, wgdsr? Do I need to start posting the "Tucker's Vaccine greatest hits" that are all over YouTube?
wgdsr wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:17 pm i'm not the guy who's interviewed them all. you seem to be pretty cocksure where everyone gets their opinions/behavior on it from, so that's one up on me.
This is why I'm saying you're trying too hard.

What you're telling me is that you can't tell me who had the biggest bullhorn in America in 2020. And that this bullhorn is some irrelevant footnote to the conversation.

That you don't remember that he and FoxNews called the pandemic a hoax for months. That it was a plot to take out Trump...for months.

And that after all that pounding and hammering, 24/7 on both social and real media....that the less educated were suckered by this messaging.

And instead of agree to the obvious that yep, Trump did some real damage to the messaging surrounding covid? You're telling me that some random "other things" are causing all the vaccine rejection....

I'm sorry, again----agree to disagree. You have the most popular President the Republican party has ever had tell the world....for months, day after day... that Covid is a hoax.....and NOT have major long term repercussions of this behavior. And then FoxNation/Tucker following suit when Trump wasn't on screen. I won't bother you with the YouTube clips, because I'm confident you know that of which is speak.....

Yep, to his credit, Trump dialed it down when the hospitals started filling up.....but the damage was done.
a fan

Post by a fan »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:15 pm
No, that is not all.

How dare you bring that up? That can't possibly be a contributing factor... It's only mother-breathers. Black and white. No nuance. C'mon now, this is FLP we are dealing with. Everything is painted with hue that suits their views. Can't possibly be the White House and medical establishment
Joe
So you two agree with me, then? Trump's White House and his charge, Fauci......... kept sending out disinformation about the pandemic, and that's a large part (no, not all) of why we're having problems in so many parts of America getting anywhere near 70%+ vaccination rates?

I never thought I'd see you two criticize Trump. Do I owe you gents dinner, or something?
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

a fan wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:45 pm
wgdsr wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:17 pmhow many of those vaccines went mandatory a year after development? or 90%?
My PRECISE point, thank you. And which echo chamber has been throwing shade at the vaccine this entire time, wgdsr? Do I need to start posting the "Tucker's Vaccine greatest hits" that are all over YouTube?
wgdsr wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:17 pm i'm not the guy who's interviewed them all. you seem to be pretty cocksure where everyone gets their opinions/behavior on it from, so that's one up on me.
This is why I'm saying you're trying too hard.

What you're telling me is that you can't tell me who had the biggest bullhorn in America in 2020. And that this bullhorn is some irrelevant footnote to the conversation.

That you don't remember that he and FoxNews called the pandemic a hoax for months. That it was a plot to take out Trump...for months.

And that after all that pounding and hammering, 24/7 on both social and real media....that the less educated were suckered by this messaging.

And instead of agree to the obvious that yep, Trump did some real damage to the messaging surrounding covid? You're telling me that some random "other things" are causing all the vaccine rejection....

I'm sorry, again----agree to disagree. You have the most popular President the Republican party has ever had tell the world....for months, day after day... that Covid is a hoax.....and NOT have major long term repercussions of this behavior. And then FoxNation/Tucker following suit when Trump wasn't on screen. I won't bother you with the YouTube clips, because I'm confident you know that of which is speak.....

Yep, to his credit, Trump dialed it down when the hospitals started filling up.....but the damage was done.
omg, seriously? that's it? there must be a whole lot of republican babies coming soon!! you don't get to make the leap of bad messaging on covid, ignoring what the messaging on actual vaccines in 2020 was from both sides, and then overlay that as i-have-to-agree-with-you-on-how-much-damage(entirely?)-that-reaped for 97 million people or i'm ignoring the obvious. that's absurd.

they can get 97 million people to believe a political party (or a faction of one?) on life saving vaccine technology, they just can't get them to vote for their guy! 2021!!
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

he'll have you twisted up in a mind-pretzel here momentarily, he can change lanes faster than a tinted window dodge charger with loud exhaust. :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

JoeMauer89 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:29 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:59 pm
No, that is not all.

Ok. Agree to disagree.

Joe
Yup, I rely on FLP to keep me abreast of their presence, otherwise I wouldn't know that they exist. :lol:

Joe
Why would you rely on anyone at all? I don’t. :lol: :lol: Self reliance and personal responsibility are all key.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

wgdsr wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:55 pm omg, seriously? that's it? there must be a whole lot of republican babies coming soon!! you don't get to make the leap of bad messaging on covid, ignoring what the messaging on actual vaccines in 2020 was from both sides, and then overlay that as i-have-to-agree-with-you-on-how-much-damage(entirely?)-that-reaped for 97 million people or i'm ignoring the obvious. that's absurd.
:lol: How many more times do I have to type "agree to disagree". To me, it's obvious where 90% of the disinformation leading to vaccine-resistance is coming from, and who it is influencing.

To you, it's not, and this is one big unsolved mystery as to why the vaccine rate for the landed (and Republican) gentry in Pitkin and Eagle county is well over 90% (Aspen and Vail)...while the poorest, least educated counties of Colorado are well under 50%.

I think it's propaganda. You don't. Okay. We're good. Agree to disagree.

Return to “POLITICS”