~46~ Lame Duck Unfit Uncle Joe Biden ~46~

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Brooklyn

Nobel Prize For President Biden

Post by Brooklyn »

https://times.ky/images/21/08/r-2enrktrrevb.jpg

Biden deserves the Nobel Peace Prize

Americans who served in Afghanistan observed the rapid and chaotic collapse of the Afghan puppet government with mixed feelings of sadness, anger and relief. But it’s better to go back home 20 years late, than never at all. It’s better to go back home after “only” 2,300 American soldiers died and not more; it’s better to go back home after “only” 20,000 American soldiers were paralyzed and not even more. These soldiers, and hundreds of thousands of their luckier brothers-in-arms, put up a great fight, but it was all for nothing.
There was no real justification to go into Afghanistan in the first place, and so, after 20 wasted years, there was no excuse to continue letting soldiers lose their lives and tax payers their money, for simply nothing.

Actually, it would be a mistake to call the war of the unnecessary twenty years in Afghanistan a total failure. From one point of view - and one only - it was a huge success: the Afghan war managed to suck untold billions of dollars from the dumb taxpayers into the pockets of the smart war industry.

Biden deserves the Nobel Peace Prize for the withdrawal from Afghanistan.

Condemnation of America's defeat in Afghanistan is unjustly directed against Biden. Biden did not preside over the loss of the Afghanistan war. He put an end to it.

more ...

Yes, Mr Biden deserves the Nobel Prize for ending the criminally imperialistic war of colonialist terrorism. At the same time, traitor Bush and his conspiracy of criminal terrorists deserve a Nuremberg tribunal and the remedy it imposed in post war Europe for his crimes against the Afghans. America haters from the radical far right would disagree but that's because their agenda is to destroy the USA.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
youthathletics

Re: ~46~ Creepy Uncle Joe Biden ~46~

Post by youthathletics »

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTZ2HXYrooI ... _copy_link

Father of injured Marine (now amputee) from the botched plan of leaving Afghanistan, removes post telling Biden not to show up to Walter Reed. The hate from the left is embarrassing, so much for tolerance. Zero empathy for our military and respect for privacy of families.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:18 am https://www.instagram.com/p/CTZ2HXYrooI ... _copy_link

Father of injured Marine (now amputee) from the botched plan of leaving Afghanistan, removes post telling Biden not to show up to Walter Reed. The hate from the left is embarrassing, so much for tolerance. Zero empathy for our military and respect for privacy of families.
His Commander in Chief wanted to visit. And Crenshaw makes politics about it. Talk about embarrassing. Performative Congressman strikes again.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas%27s ... _2013).tif
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

seacoaster wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:59 am
youthathletics wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:18 am https://www.instagram.com/p/CTZ2HXYrooI ... _copy_link

His Commander in Chief wanted to visit. And Crenshaw makes politics about it. Talk about embarrassing. Performative Congressman strikes again.

I did not read it that way, not sure why did. I read it as a place for that family to receive prayers, rather than the hate filled comments on their own social media. Maybe you missed the story......The Marines Family DID NOT WANT BIDEN THERE.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:10 am
seacoaster wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:59 am

I did not read it that way, not sure why did. I read it as a place for that family to receive prayers, rather than the hate filled comments on their own social media. Maybe you missed the story......The Marines Family DID NOT WANT BIDEN THERE.
[/quote/]

I am familiar with the story, and it is exactly the story of our times. Soldier is injured by enemy fire. Commander in Chief wants to visit the infirmary. Soldier's dad takes up the partisan cudgel and rather than asking quietly and respectfully that the President of the United States not visit his son, tweets out a little invective. And Dan the Phony Gerrymandered Ready for Fox Congressman amplifies it. Just a disgrace that you folks pass off as Biden and the Left being disrespectful. Time to wake the f*ck up.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Biden's approval rating continues to dip:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/bi ... al-rating/
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

It will continue to dip for awhile.

Virus needs to be beaten back, economy needs to resume roaring forward.

Infrastructure bills likely will get done. Unless Manchin decides to switch parties they will get both done in next 60 days.

Virus is going to burn hot among unvaccinated for a few more months and there’s going to be a pretty darn heavy reaction by business to enforce vaccination mandates.

Afghanistan is going to diminish but not go away as a competency issue; a lot will depend on how we perceive the situation from a greater distance. Events from here will determine.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:56 pm It will continue to dip for awhile.

Infrastructure bills likely will get done. Unless Manchin decides to switch parties they will get both done in next 60 days.

Virus is going to burn hot among unvaccinated for a few more months and there’s going to be a pretty darn heavy reaction by business to enforce vaccination mandates.

Afghanistan is going to diminish but not go away as a competency issue; a lot will depend on how we perceive the situation from a greater distance. Events from here will determine.
Wait until Econ data comes out first Friday in Oct for the month of sept...all the short sighted folks will be out yelling about how he’s the worst President ever
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:12 pm

Wait until Econ data comes out first Friday in Oct for the month of sept...all the short sighted folks will be out yelling about how he’s the worst President ever
That would be my expectation as well.
It's gonna feel a bit like a yo-yo eventually though.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:42 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:12 pm

That would be my expectation as well.
It's gonna feel a bit like a yo-yo eventually though.
It already does.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Joe BIden getting some love as he visits NJ :lol: , as he hugs a kid and kisses him on the head, after removing his mask: https://www.instagram.com/p/CTiC16yBWXz/

Masks don't work....Joes actions prove it. ;) :roll:
~Livy

kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

The US continue to flourish under the new administration.

Restaurant and hotel workers are quitting their jobs at a rate that's more than twice the record national average:

https://trib.al/uszHjMq?fbclid=IwAR3DCn ... qVLEijh1xA
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:16 pm Joe BIden getting some love as he visits NJ :lol: , as he hugs a kid and kisses him on the head, after removing his mask: https://www.instagram.com/p/CTiC16yBWXz/

man, you have quite the feed...
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:42 pm The US continue to flourish under the new administration.

Restaurant and hotel workers are quitting their jobs at a rate that's more than twice the record national average:

Gee, I just can't imagine why someone wouldn't jump at the chance to deal with Karens all day for $15 an hour.... ;)

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:42 pm The US continue to flourish under the new administration.

What's your takeaway?

Mine is that we have way, way more jobs than workers available, so people are quitting low wage, high stress jobs and taking 'better' ones. Hospitality has been a very high stress job during Covid, both with uncertainty of shutdowns and then lots of abuse from customers. And it doesn't pay well.

There's no extended unemployment anymore, so it ain't that folks are just staying home and cashing gov't checks instead of working.

But women remain far more at home than men, having left work to stay home with the kids during the shutdowns, and the uncertainty of needing to be there again continues to have women spooked...and more patient about which jobs to return to when they do. And it's almost impossible to get into remotely affordable child care right now.

Meanwhile, distribution jobs, which pay more than hospitality, are way up in demand. And we don't have enough workers to fill that demand, thus big supply chain back-ups.

We're certainly not yet normalized and I think we badly need to increase immigration and training programs.

Do you have a different takeaway?
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

correction - it was your hero tRump who called veterans "suckers and losers":

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... rs/615997/
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:16 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:16 pm Joe BIden getting some love as he visits NJ :lol: , as he hugs a kid and kisses him on the head, after removing his mask: https://www.instagram.com/p/CTiC16yBWXz/

man, you have quite the feed...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P-WwgLCAuus
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:26 pm

What's your takeaway?

Mine is that we have way, way more jobs than workers available, so people are quitting low wage, high stress jobs and taking 'better' ones. Hospitality has been a very high stress job during Covid, both with uncertainty of shutdowns and then lots of abuse from customers. And it doesn't pay well.

There's no extended unemployment anymore, so it ain't that folks are just staying home and cashing gov't checks instead of working.

But women remain far more at home than men, having left work to stay home with the kids during the shutdowns, and the uncertainty of needing to be there again continues to have women spooked...and more patient about which jobs to return to when they do. And it's almost impossible to get into remotely affordable child care right now.

Meanwhile, distribution jobs, which pay more than hospitality, are way up in demand. And we don't have enough workers to fill that demand, thus big supply chain back-ups.

We're certainly not yet normalized and I think we badly need to increase immigration and training programs.

Slightly.
I think American workers as a whole are tired of being crapped on and unappreciated.
Long hours, too many work days, long commutes, low wages, bad tips, jerk bosses, rude customers.
Americans realized they are happier working less and spending time doing things they didn't before- working on their houses, gardens, spending time with their kids, etc etc.
Add into it soaring inflation, and the cost of doing business in America has gone up.
People aren't taking those or any jobs for their pre-covid going rates. Peopel want higher salaries, better benefits, more work from home options and they can get it.
Business owners are on notice.

I agree we are always better off when we have more legal immigrants in the US. I assume you mean legal immigration? Unless you mean illegal immigration for labor purposes. That's not really fixing anything. That's just the status quo for the past 3 decades.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

+1 Kramerica

Your explanation holds true for many...i'd even say most.
~Livy

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:30 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:26 pm

What's your takeaway?

Slightly.
I think American workers as a whole are tired of being crapped on and unappreciated.
Long hours, too many work days, long commutes, low wages, bad tips, jerk bosses, rude customers.
Americans realized they are happier working less and spending time doing things they didn't before- working on their houses, gardens, spending time with their kids, etc etc.
Add into it soaring inflation, and the cost of doing business in America has gone up.
People aren't taking those or any jobs for their pre-covid going rates. Peopel want higher salaries, better benefits, more work from home options and they can get it.
Business owners are on notice.

I agree we are always better off when we have more legal immigrants in the US. I assume you mean legal immigration? Unless you mean illegal immigration for labor purposes. That's not really fixing anything. That's just the status quo for the past 3 decades.
On the latter, I'm for much more, yes, legal immigration...but a whole lot more.
Way easier asylum process, practically no caps, and a special visa for those with high skills, education, etc.

To become a citizen, need to behave well, pay taxes, stay out of serious trouble (minor vices and mistakes not a big deal), and get some education, civics and language...a process that takes some serious, concerted effort.

And that goes for those already here illegally, timing penalty for those who don't register to become citizens before a date certain but never impossible to earn your way into citizenship. Unless violent criminal.

That's a far more aggressive policy than most suggest but I think we should look at this as a competitive advantage in today's world and that of the future. We need young, eager workers of all sorts, given the low birth rates, and there's going to be continuing migration pressure unless the lesser developed world gets its act together better and becomes safer and more desirable as well.

Doing this will better position us to continue to be a dynamic, innovation hub in the world, well positioned to compete against the human capital scale advantages of competitors like China and India etc.

On the former part, I think we tend to be unaware how hard workers are driving in other parts of the world (excluding Europe). I'd mentioned that China recently outlawed it's 9-9-6 standard workweek expectation...that's 9AM to 9PM, 6 days a week...now they can only do it 5 days...compared to our 9-5, 5 past standard expectation...China wants its middle class staying home a bit more in the hopes of more procreation...they have a serious problem with 'greying' of their pop and they eschew immigration...

Which doesn't mean that I disagree with you on many American workers being tired of being crapped on, etc, etc.

But we also have some really tough friction points that are particularly impacting women. The child care issue is really, really bad right now. Even if willing to pay an arm and a leg, tough to find a slot that's remotely convenient. And the tradeoff just isn't worth it.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “POLITICS”