Hobart 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Ketch

Re: Hobart 2022

Post by Ketch »

The 2022 roster is up. Many graduate students returning- Mott, Archer, Imburgia, Nalen, and Ryan. That is fantastic!
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

And Sherman as well. I’d like to see Baltzer play more offensive end and wing and less SSDM though he’s proven a capable kid back there to be a two way player. Having Sherman helps him do more on offensive end and develop others.

Mott has 69pts-I hope at least one other person can giggle at that like we’re still trying to figure out how much price we should have the reverse walk of shame down the hill…

We’re going to need all that experience at LSM and Close D IMO as Holtby had a rough end of season and we have little depth at goalie. We literally have him and Loukas and that’s it-two goalies on the roster. Knowing Pressler, he’ll probably put a FB player on his roster to go crash into Kevin on their first offensive possession-I would given this. (Bland was drafted by NLL). That is scary.

Curious to see if Johnny Columbi comes out in spring. (or Blake Hansen whom I’m told was excellent at Hun, comes from a strong lacrosse family and could play at many D1 schools but is having a fine start to his football season-homecoming game will be a beat down tonight at 6 even with Kevin DeWall sitting a few starters).

Also have no idea what to expect for lines, especially with Herlihy and Delaney being back fully healthy. I am excited for the soph class, think they were rusty from lack of play and had their own health issues but see a few I think could break out and have nice seasons including Dattellas, Bach, Durkin, Ward and Greenberg. Some kids in Jr class as well I think could elevate their game on this level like Adam Davis, Baltzer, Meite, Romm, Grooms and Barthelme on the offensive side and a number at LSM/d as well
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

Had a chance to swing by the Noz for most of the alumni game. It was a very strong album team, mostly made up of guys who graduated I'm the last few years. When I arrived Jackson Brown was just coming out of the goal and Sam was heading in. Holtby was in goal for current players in the first half and Loukas in the second. Frank Brown coached the alums. Holden was there but not playing because of a shoulder injury. Arslanian was playing. Couldn't see who was taking faceoffs, but Shay, Dickson, and the new guy Shaifer won almost everything.
Not too many surprises. But, it was great to see Meite and Ballo out there, shooting, scoring and making assists. Both are very fast and quick. I was also very impressed with Sam Ward. He got some good playing time and showed himself to be a pretty creative player. He maybe out there with Archer a d Mott depending on where they want Madonna. Another nice surprise was Rosa. For a first year, he seemed to have an intuitive sense of how the team moved. I was also happy to see Mitrow playing really well. If he is injury free, I imagine he'll be a key middie. If it were me making decisions, I'd have him head up the very strong second line. I thought Delany looked good. He isnt the fastest guy out there, but he makes good decisions and seems unflappable. There was a kid from Syracuse named Delano ... I dont know him, but he was small but quick. He was fun to watch, though we'll see if his stature ends up a problem against the bigger teams.
The team was definitely rusty and fundamentals need work, but that is to be expected, especially with a two week delay in starting due to COVID. There is lots of potential. Anyone else see the game?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Laxgunea wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:32 am Had a chance to swing by the Noz for most of the alumni game. It was a very strong album team, mostly made up of guys who graduated I'm the last few years. When I arrived Jackson Brown was just coming out of the goal and Sam was heading in. Holtby was in goal for current players in the first half and Loukas in the second. Frank Brown coached the alums. Holden was there but not playing because of a shoulder injury. Arslanian was playing. Couldn't see who was taking faceoffs, but Shay, Dickson, and the new guy Shaifer won almost everything.
Not too many surprises. But, it was great to see Meite and Ballo out there, shooting, scoring and making assists. Both are very fast and quick. I was also very impressed with Sam Ward. He got some good playing time and showed himself to be a pretty creative player. He maybe out there with Archer a d Mott depending on where they want Madonna. Another nice surprise was Rosa. For a first year, he seemed to have an intuitive sense of how the team moved. I was also happy to see Mitrow playing really well. If he is injury free, I imagine he'll be a key middie. If it were me making decisions, I'd have him head up the very strong second line. I thought Delany looked good. He isnt the fastest guy out there, but he makes good decisions and seems unflappable. There was a kid from Syracuse named Delano ... I dont know him, but he was small but quick. He was fun to watch, though we'll see if his stature ends up a problem against the bigger teams.
The team was definitely rusty and fundamentals need work, but that is to be expected, especially with a two week delay in starting due to COVID. There is lots of potential. Anyone else see the game?
Clearing.

On Delano, we’ve had many small successful players thinking of Nate Hill and Kevin Curtin, Jake McHenry off the top of my head. Just need agility, lateral bounce, usually thick calves and a physical mindset to get dirty. No different than many around lacrosse that find success.

Happen to see Bach, Durkin, Herlihy or Romm out there?
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

Didnt see Bach or Herlhy, but that was probably just unfamiliarity with numbers. Romm was on the sideline, but not dressed. Barthelme had a cast or something on his lower leg and was on crutches. Sampson was not dressed to play. Forgot to say that Sherman looked great out there. I expect him to stay out longer on O too. He's become very well rounded.
Laxfan1234

Post by Laxfan1234 »

GeneralBart

Post by GeneralBart »

Nice article. Only thing he missed is that Herlihy is back from injury (hopefully) after scoring 12 goals in 5 games as a freshman.
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

No mention of the man-up offense last year ... that'll have to improve.
Evidently Bach has a minor injury, so he didn't play in the alumni game.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Anyone know about WI lacrosse? Curious about Will Corbett, good size at 6’2” 200. Is Monona Grove: 1. A good program?; 2. Play in a larger or smaller school cohort? Did he play at all in alumni game?
Drcthru

Post by Drcthru »

Ali Marpet looked pretty good last night!
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to do the dishes.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I can’t read this but I know I got a ride and arrogant one from this clown-shoe and then see he/she following me again on multiple threads. What a pathetic, near suicidal, lonely douche would behave in such manner?

Anyways, anyone here know about WI lacrosse rather than whatever this gimp wrote.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Wisconsin lacrosse :lol:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

10stone5 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:32 am Wisconsin lacrosse :lol:
Is it that bad? I’m sure Raymond can find good ones anywhere but that answer doesn’t bode as well. Nor for Marquette long term. More reason to root for this young man to be the next Reintjes, Andreen or Soucy.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:56 am
Is it that bad? I’m sure Raymond can find good ones anywhere but that answer doesn’t bode as well. Nor for Marquette long term. More reason to root for this young man to be the next Reintjes, Andreen or Soucy.
No,
I’m sure they’ve upped their game like a lot of areas,
I am seeing some good ones coming out of
Minnesota.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

10stone5 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:48 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:56 am
No,
I’m sure they’ve upped their game like a lot of areas,
I am seeing some good ones coming out of
Minnesota.
This was a gem from Eden Prairie MN for us. We need more kids used to crap snow weather given how it is until June in Geneva

https://hwsathletics.com/sports/mens-la ... reen/11291
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Hobart. You didn’t know this guy but, if you are of age and had any life, you knew this guy.

https://nypost.com/2021/10/04/alan-kalt ... ead-at-78/
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Reminder, discuss lacrosse, not each other. And do not attack each other.
DMac

Post by DMac »

pcowlax wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:59 pm Hobart. You didn’t know this guy but, if you are of age and had any life, you knew this guy.

https://nypost.com/2021/10/04/alan-kalt ... ead-at-78/
Never knew that and I'm of age enough to might have seen him at the Boz at a game or two.
I liked this guy, thought he was pretty funny.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

catchnshoot

Post by catchnshoot »

Wonderful article about a much different time in the game. Skip Darden is a great dude

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”