All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

JoeMauer89

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:53 am
JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:52 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:36 am
JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:21 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:02 am
JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:34 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:36 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:35 pm
JoeMauer89 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:33 pm
SCLaxAttack wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:18 pm
JoeMauer89 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:44 pm
SCLaxAttack wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:53 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:22 pm
ggait wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:12 pm
Point being....she was vaccinated, had a breakthrough case in under a year, had symptoms and was treated. We may just have to live with it and if you have CV19 symptoms....you are prescribed a therapeutic, much like other illnesses.
Sure we can live with it. We have no choice. We are still living with the versions of the 1918 flu that are still circulating today.
Point being -- she was vaccinated.
This is step 1 in living with it. So, yet again, it is forking mouth breathers who are forking it up for all of us.

Just like how that a-hole Kyrie is forking over his team and fans for stupid selfish reasons.
yep……developing a vaccine is how you “live with it”
Anti-vaxxers and anti-maskers will take a brand spanking new anti-viral drug (that won't be against their religion) but heaven forbid they take a vax that's been around for nearly a year now, or mask up.

Freedom my ax. It's been a spite thing for months now.
Why is the development of an antiviral pill a negative thing? It's yet ANOTHER tool along with vaccination we have in our toolbox. Blowing smoke and complaining about Anti-Vaxxers does absolutely ZERO to help. Lot of it in this thread. :roll:

Joe
More twisting. Where did I say an anti-viral is a negative thing?

But there are people who'll immediately pop a new pill, or demand Ivermectin, or expect monoclonal antibody treatment, and have taken innumerable vaccines, but will be damned if they take a Covid vaccine or wear a mask, and you know it.

Those people do it out of spite.

Edit to add - I'll go one step further. Those who have taken the vaccine but defend others who choose to not take it are abrogating a responsibility to society.
Not my job to tell someone what health decision to make. Not yours either. People in the public health sphere get paid to do that. If those people chose not to listen, they either will face certain consequences or they won't. There will be unvaccinated people until the end of time, the sooner you realize that, the less time you will waste continuing to feel the need to fulfill "your responsibility".... Life is short, enjoy it. You want to spend all your time shaming others for being unvaccinated, so be it. DO NOT make others feel as if they are any less of a person than you are because you chose to morally shame them on a daily basis. Jesus christ, give me a break this bullcrap. :roll: :roll:

Joe
Joe, maybe the important question to ask yourself is why do you keep entering this conversation, much less like a bull in a china shop?

If it bothers you so much, why not avoid it?

Instead, you entered with the accusation that someone had called the development of an anti-viral drug that could help with Covid, a ""negative thing". That was false and unfounded. No one had said such. And it was obvious no one had said that.

and yet, that's how you entered.

But there is this very real issue that some people are actually refraining from getting vaccinated, with the screwy logic that they can't trust the vaccine, yet are willing to believe in a new drug (which does have serious promise, apparently!), much less a drug that definitely doesn't (ie ivermectin). Yeah, that really is a problem...doesn't make the new drug a "negative" but rather the people not getting vaccinated using it as an excuse are indeed a 'negative'.

so, folks explain that...

And then you turn and go back to this refrain that no one should have an opinion, much less say their opinion, about the responsibility we all have to one another, not just ourselves.

And you keep resorting to the same "Life is short, enjoy it" as if no one agrees with you as to enjoying life. Trust me, no one is disagreeing with you about that.

If you were solely making some sort of behavioral science argument that the best way to get the most people vaccinated as possible was to avoid "shaming" in the process, that'd actually be an interesting discussion...but instead you're ripping at the very argument that it's important at all.

and yeah, that's gonna get push back. Hard.
Obviously Joe isn’t vaccinated.
I am vaccinated TLD. I've been working in my company office for 3 days week since May now. Can only do that BECAUSE I am vaccinated. It's not so black and white as you make it. I can be of that opinion and still be vaccinated. Nonsense. Boy you guys are really something else. Accusatory to the NTH degree because you would rather morally shame somebody on this thread then spend the time thinking about the potential positives of an Antiviral pill. Instead, SClax goes right to the fact that Anti-Vaxxers are going to use it as a crutch? What about how it could potentially help an immunocompromised person who is vaccinated yet still contracts covid? Where's the discussion on that? Everything centers around anti-vaxx mouth breathers. None of those people EXIST on this god damn thread. Wasting your time constantly repeating it. Talking mostly to people on this thread that have the same narrow political narrative that you do. You don't even realize how much you guys just talk over each other and repeat the same bullcrap. :lol:

Joe
Why did you get vaccinated Joe?
I got vaccinated because I am capable of deducing that it was choice for me that the benefits outweighed the risks. But that was my DECISION. Not anybody else. Not the same for everyone.

Joe
What???!!! Risk is relevant??!! . Dude we all got to die some day. May as well be Covid-19. Who cares if you spread it. Fools gon’ die anyway.
I'm really puzzled at this response? Seems like your taking your anger about Anti-Vaxxer's out on me. Fair enough, I can handle it. Use that anger and turn it into a positive. You know all about turning risk into reward!

Joe
Anger? You got the wrong guy.
Good to know, just wanted to make sure. Then it is your "concern" that you are directing at me. Never said who cares who spreads it. Not once. Maybe you should take a role preaching vaccine efficacy in under-vaccinated areas. You would be perfect for the role! :lol:

Joe
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:00 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:53 am
JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:52 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:36 am
JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:21 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:02 am
JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:34 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:36 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:35 pm
JoeMauer89 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:33 pm
SCLaxAttack wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:18 pm
JoeMauer89 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:44 pm
SCLaxAttack wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:53 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:22 pm
ggait wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:12 pm
Point being....she was vaccinated, had a breakthrough case in under a year, had symptoms and was treated. We may just have to live with it and if you have CV19 symptoms....you are prescribed a therapeutic, much like other illnesses.
Sure we can live with it. We have no choice. We are still living with the versions of the 1918 flu that are still circulating today.
Point being -- she was vaccinated.
This is step 1 in living with it. So, yet again, it is forking mouth breathers who are forking it up for all of us.

Just like how that a-hole Kyrie is forking over his team and fans for stupid selfish reasons.
yep……developing a vaccine is how you “live with it”
Anti-vaxxers and anti-maskers will take a brand spanking new anti-viral drug (that won't be against their religion) but heaven forbid they take a vax that's been around for nearly a year now, or mask up.

Freedom my ax. It's been a spite thing for months now.
Why is the development of an antiviral pill a negative thing? It's yet ANOTHER tool along with vaccination we have in our toolbox. Blowing smoke and complaining about Anti-Vaxxers does absolutely ZERO to help. Lot of it in this thread. :roll:

Joe
More twisting. Where did I say an anti-viral is a negative thing?

But there are people who'll immediately pop a new pill, or demand Ivermectin, or expect monoclonal antibody treatment, and have taken innumerable vaccines, but will be damned if they take a Covid vaccine or wear a mask, and you know it.

Those people do it out of spite.

Edit to add - I'll go one step further. Those who have taken the vaccine but defend others who choose to not take it are abrogating a responsibility to society.
Not my job to tell someone what health decision to make. Not yours either. People in the public health sphere get paid to do that. If those people chose not to listen, they either will face certain consequences or they won't. There will be unvaccinated people until the end of time, the sooner you realize that, the less time you will waste continuing to feel the need to fulfill "your responsibility".... Life is short, enjoy it. You want to spend all your time shaming others for being unvaccinated, so be it. DO NOT make others feel as if they are any less of a person than you are because you chose to morally shame them on a daily basis. Jesus christ, give me a break this bullcrap. :roll: :roll:

Joe
Joe, maybe the important question to ask yourself is why do you keep entering this conversation, much less like a bull in a china shop?

If it bothers you so much, why not avoid it?

Instead, you entered with the accusation that someone had called the development of an anti-viral drug that could help with Covid, a ""negative thing". That was false and unfounded. No one had said such. And it was obvious no one had said that.

and yet, that's how you entered.

But there is this very real issue that some people are actually refraining from getting vaccinated, with the screwy logic that they can't trust the vaccine, yet are willing to believe in a new drug (which does have serious promise, apparently!), much less a drug that definitely doesn't (ie ivermectin). Yeah, that really is a problem...doesn't make the new drug a "negative" but rather the people not getting vaccinated using it as an excuse are indeed a 'negative'.

so, folks explain that...

And then you turn and go back to this refrain that no one should have an opinion, much less say their opinion, about the responsibility we all have to one another, not just ourselves.

And you keep resorting to the same "Life is short, enjoy it" as if no one agrees with you as to enjoying life. Trust me, no one is disagreeing with you about that.

If you were solely making some sort of behavioral science argument that the best way to get the most people vaccinated as possible was to avoid "shaming" in the process, that'd actually be an interesting discussion...but instead you're ripping at the very argument that it's important at all.

and yeah, that's gonna get push back. Hard.
Obviously Joe isn’t vaccinated.
I am vaccinated TLD. I've been working in my company office for 3 days week since May now. Can only do that BECAUSE I am vaccinated. It's not so black and white as you make it. I can be of that opinion and still be vaccinated. Nonsense. Boy you guys are really something else. Accusatory to the NTH degree because you would rather morally shame somebody on this thread then spend the time thinking about the potential positives of an Antiviral pill. Instead, SClax goes right to the fact that Anti-Vaxxers are going to use it as a crutch? What about how it could potentially help an immunocompromised person who is vaccinated yet still contracts covid? Where's the discussion on that? Everything centers around anti-vaxx mouth breathers. None of those people EXIST on this god damn thread. Wasting your time constantly repeating it. Talking mostly to people on this thread that have the same narrow political narrative that you do. You don't even realize how much you guys just talk over each other and repeat the same bullcrap. :lol:

Joe
Why did you get vaccinated Joe?
I got vaccinated because I am capable of deducing that it was choice for me that the benefits outweighed the risks. But that was my DECISION. Not anybody else. Not the same for everyone.

Joe
What???!!! Risk is relevant??!! . Dude we all got to die some day. May as well be Covid-19. Who cares if you spread it. Fools gon’ die anyway.
I'm really puzzled at this response? Seems like your taking your anger about Anti-Vaxxer's out on me. Fair enough, I can handle it. Use that anger and turn it into a positive. You know all about turning risk into reward!

Joe
Good to know, just wanted to make sure. Then it is your "concern" that you are directing at me. Never said who cares who spreads it. Not once. Maybe you should take a role preaching vaccine efficacy in under-vaccinated areas. You would be perfect for the role! :lol:

Joe
I am more interested in the people gonna die anyway mentality. Wondered why you bothered to be vaccinated. It’s a little inconsistent but its 2021.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:21 am I got vaccinated because I am capable of deducing that it was choice for me that the benefits outweighed the risks. But that was my DECISION. Not anybody else. Not the same for everyone.

Joe
So choice is important when it comes to vaccines here in 2021, is it?

So does this mean you're on board with removing your State's mandatory vaccination requirements for both K-12 and University admissions?

No more mandatory polio shots, Joe? No more mandatory shots for measels, mumps, etc?
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

a fan wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:22 pm
JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:21 am I got vaccinated because I am capable of deducing that it was choice for me that the benefits outweighed the risks. But that was my DECISION. Not anybody else. Not the same for everyone.

Joe

So does this mean you're on board with removing your State's mandatory vaccination requirements for both K-12 and University admissions?

No more mandatory polio shots, Joe? No more mandatory shots for measels, mumps, etc?
I'm not against removing any of those vaccination requirements. Never said I was. I'm not an Anti-Vaxxer, far from it. I just provide a necessary, different viewpoint to this thread because it's become more utopian in nature recently and not at all grounded in reality.

Joe
a fan

Post by a fan »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:33 pm

Joe

I'm not against removing any of those vaccination requirements. Never said I was. I'm not an Anti-Vaxxer, far from it. I just provide a necessary, different viewpoint to this thread because it's become more utopian in nature recently and not at all grounded in reality.

Joe
So you want free choice for this vaccine, and ONLY this vaccine. Do I have that right?

But you're fine with the government forcing citizens to take OTHER vaccines? Polio, MMR, etc.?

I just want to make sure I'm understanding your position here.
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:56 pm

Joe

Joe
So you want free choice for this vaccine, and ONLY this vaccine. Do I have that right?

But you're fine with the government forcing citizens to take OTHER vaccines? Polio, MMR, etc.?

And people are going to die anyway so the government and citizens should not fret about what people can do about it....... Similarly, we are always going to have pedophiles so why talk about it. No shame in it. Kids should just enjoy life. Could happen to anyone... can't make it stop. This Catholic priest thing is overblown too.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:14 pm The Jesus got a raw deal!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qee82dZ0llg
How have I not seen that!
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:26 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:14 pm The Jesus got a raw deal!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qee82dZ0llg
How have I not seen that!
Now you have-called the jesus rolls. Maybe 2yrs old. Based on, loosely, some old Gerard Depardeaux (sp?) movie where two guys steal a car and aimlessly go around messing around that was made first half of the 70s I guess.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

a fan wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:56 pm

Joe

Joe

What are you getting at? We are talking about CV-19 in this thread. Not Polio, MMR, etc. There's no mandate to get vaccinated in order to attend in-person school so this is a moot point. AGAIN, not against vaccination. But I don't take it personally when other's don't chose to get it for various reasons. I guess I'm worse because I got vaccinated and don't believe those who haven't aren't morally reprehensible? Pick your battles... :roll:

Joe
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

What's he getting at? You're not being obtuse at all, right? He's getting at VACCINATIONS. Sure, vaxxing is the topic of the day regarding COVID-19, but how can you be confused by the question AF is asking you? Somehow you're dodging the question about not objecting to the general population being "forced" to get vaccinated for other disease, but you're NOT OK with it being forced for a highly contagious, very deadly disease like COVID-19?? Why?

Some may draw a conclusion about why you won't answer the question...AF is TRYING to coax a position out of you to leave no doubt about it, you know, don't let someone else define your position, right? Did you want to just GUESS at why some see this avoidance and obfuscation as rank hypocrisy rooted in political numbnuttery? Show us how that's wrong...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Typical Lax Dad

dislaxxic wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:24 pm What's he getting at? You're not being obtuse at all, right? He's getting at VACCINATIONS. Sure, vaxxing is the topic of the day regarding COVID-19, but how can you be confused by the question AF is asking you? Somehow you're dodging the question about not objecting to the general population being "forced" to get vaccinated for other disease, but you're NOT OK with it being forced for a highly contagious, very deadly disease like COVID-19?? Why?

Some may draw a conclusion about why you won't answer the question...AF is TRYING to coax a position out of you to leave no doubt about it, you know, don't let someone else define your position, right? Did you want to just GUESS at why some see this avoidance and obfuscation as rank hypocrisy rooted in political numbnuttery? Show us how that's wrong...

1 dead person, 10,000 dead people, 100,000 dead people, 750,000 dead people…. It’s all the same….no point in going on record as to when it would be a problem in his mind. People die all the time, 2,000,000 dead Americans from a pandemic? Meh government should let people do as they please.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

if someone could just list how and when and who we should be agreeing with on mandates, that'd be great so everyone on here can keep up.
is it the july position that the feds won't be issuing mandates and didn't think they had the authority to anyway, the september ones for fed, or the local ones, state ones?

is there a support group to join?
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:43 pm if someone could just list how and when and who we should be agreeing with on mandates, that'd be great so everyone on here can keep up.
is it the july position that the feds won't be issuing mandates and didn't think they had the authority to anyway, the september ones for fed, or the local ones, state ones?

Don’t matter. People don’t need the government to think for them. If a person wants to eat old meat, why not. Nothing wrong with food poisoning. It could be worse….like COVID-19. A little E. Coli might be good for a person….
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

wgdsr wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:43 pm if someone could just list how and when and who we should be agreeing with on mandates, that'd be great so everyone on here can keep up.

Would you agree that Abbott banning private businesses from having a private mandate as part of their employment is problematic? If not why not.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:00 pm

Don’t matter. People don’t need the government to think for them. If a person wants to eat old meat, why not. Nothing wrong with food poisoning. It could be worse….like COVID-19.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:00 pm

Don’t matter. People don’t need the government to think for them. If a person wants to eat old meat, why not. Nothing wrong with food poisoning. It could be worse….like COVID-19.
What’s wrong with a bit of Mithradization here and a little hormesis there?
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:00 pm

Would you agree that Abbott banning private businesses from having a private mandate as part of their employment is problematic? If not why not.
yes.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:00 pm

Joe
[/quote]

Deep HIGH today.....but....this is funny. Fun stuff...tuff stough.

Reminds me of the hooker book, written by a Brown student............angry?

therapy....sex......therapy.

IPA's and lagers just make it worse................

oh yes.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"

Return to “POLITICS”