All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

ardilla secreta

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by ardilla secreta »

I’m a devout follower of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Will I be exempt from prosecution for setting afire mouth-breathers and anti-vaccers? Just following instructions ya know.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:04 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:49 am
youthathletics wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:42 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:12 am
youthathletics wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:26 am Had Covid and vaxxed, no need for booster? https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medica ... =windirect

Maybe this is a sign that anti-bodies is becoming the common denominator, which may ease off mandates?
What do you mean by “becoming the common denominator”?
in determining who needs additional support in fighting cv19. If we can measure our immunity via our antibodies at home, we can then determine if we need the vaccines support.
Common denominator is probably misused in the sentence. How else could we measure immunity? Just wondering what would be competing test methods to determine if there is no need to be vaccinated? Asking because your statement said antibodies test would be the common test. What’s the other? I don’t know, that’s why I am asking.
my bad...I was lumping in all the variables du jour . Whether you already had it, whether you were vaccinated, which vaccine did you have, did you have a booster, do you have any symptoms, do you not have a vaccine card on file anywhere to show company x you are safe, and so on.

Fast forward one year-five years. If the vaccine can and supposedly wears off, then the choices are; continual boosters, risk getting CV19 again or test for antibodies. Maybe once we have the antibodies we are good to go....for ever? If it wains, then antibody tests are the common way to plan and prepare.
What other variables could be tested besides antibodies? A refined antibody test would be helpful. Particularly if we could measure levels and duration. It seems as though antibodies from infection wear off too as people have been reinfected. Just testing positive for antibodies doesn’t mean you are good to go. I wish it were that easy. I personally don’t have a problem with the concept of boosters. It was suggested that boosters may be a likely outcome during March/April 2020…. Like an annual flu vaccine.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

ardilla secreta wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:08 am I’m a devout follower of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Will I be exempt from prosecution for setting afire mouth-breathers and anti-vaccers? Just following instructions ya know.
Have you checked the forecast for this week?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloudy_wi ... lls_(film)
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:31 am
youthathletics wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:26 am Had Covid and vaxxed, no need for booster? https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medica ... =windirect

Maybe this is a sign that anti-bodies is becoming the common denominator, which may ease off mandates?
in determining who needs additional support in fighting cv19. If we can measure our immunity via our antibodies at home, we can then determine if we need the vaccines support.
Common denominator is probably misused in the sentence. How else could we measure immunity? Just wondering what would be competing test methods to determine if there is no need to be vaccinated? Asking because your statement said antibodies test would be the common test. What’s the other? I don’t know, that’s why I am asking.
my bad...I was lumping in all the variables du jour . Whether you already had it, whether you were vaccinated, which vaccine did you have, did you have a booster, do you have any symptoms, do you not have a vaccine card on file anywhere to show company x you are safe, and so on.

Fast forward one year-five years. If the vaccine can and supposedly wears off, then the choices are; continual boosters, risk getting CV19 again or test for antibodies. Maybe once we have the antibodies we are good to go....for ever? If it wains, then antibody tests are the common way to plan and prepare.
What other variables could be tested besides antibodies? A refined antibody test would be helpful. Particularly if we could measure levels and duration. It seems as though antibodies from infection wear off too as people have been reinfected. Just testing positive for antibodies doesn’t mean you are good to go. I wish it were that easy. I personally don’t have a problem with the concept of boosters. It was suggested that boosters may be a likely outcome during March/April 2020…. Like an annual flu vaccine.
My colleagues and his wife had Moderna back in April, she went in for surgery last week and tested positive. Sent her to local hospital and she received the monoclonal antibodies therapeutic.she also has Hoshimoto's. She did have symptoms, headache, rundown....but not much more. Fast forward today, my colleague said today she finally feels better. He has been testing with home test kit and is still negative.

Point being....she was vaccinated, had a breakthrough case in under a year, had symptoms and was treated. We may just have to live with it and if you have CV19 symptoms....you are prescribed a therapeutic, much like other illnesses.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:41 am

My colleagues and his wife had Moderna back in April, she went in for surgery last week and tested positive. Sent her to local hospital and she received the monoclonal antibodies therapeutic.she also has Hoshimoto's. She did have symptoms, headache, rundown....but not much more. Fast forward today, my colleague said today she finally feels better. He has been testing with home test kit and is still negative.

Point being....she was vaccinated, had a breakthrough case in under a year, had symptoms and was treated. We may just have to live with it and if you have CV19 symptoms....you are prescribed a therapeutic, much like other illnesses.
+1

Joe
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:41 am

Yes. That has been relatively common. Pfizer more so. A therapeutic would be a good thing. Not contracting the virus is even better as it reduces (not eliminates) the probability for variants. An unknown remains how persistent natural immunity is once the virus is contracted. Not sure if severity of a covid case is a gating factor. Others probably follow it closer. I know it is being studied.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

I wish dealing with COVID-19 was simple. Unfortunately it is not. 730,000 dead Americans and the damage left in the wake of those deaths is nothing to shrug your shoulders at..... because it could actually get worse if we don't get enough people on the planet vaccinated... Wishful thinking isn't going to make it better.
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

A lot of talk by anti-COVID vaxers and other republican dickheads, claiming Southwest Airlines is being sick-outed by employees. Company and union are both saying it isn't so. Ted Cruz and Faux News running with it.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:24 am

I wish dealing with COVID-19 was simple. Unfortunately it is not. 730,000 dead Americans and the damage left in the wake of those deaths is nothing to shrug your shoulders at..... because it could actually get worse if we don't get enough people on the planet vaccinated... Wishful thinking isn't going to make it better.
... saw a research study this morning that presented evidence that COVID induced loss of smell is not guaranteed to clear up within 6 months of "recovery". Only something like ~85% has cleared in that time. If you are under 40 you will generally clear in that time. Older folks not so much.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Bart

Post by Bart »

Typical Lax Dad

Bart wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:54 pm Help on the way?

https://www.merck.com/news/merck-and-ri ... oderate-c/
I am hoping this doesn’t lead to “I won’t get vaccinated but will just take a pill when I get sick”….clown behavior.
“I wish you would!”
ggait

Post by ggait »

Sure we can live with it. We have no choice. We are still living with the versions of the 1918 flu that are still circulating today.
Point being -- she was vaccinated.
This is step 1 in living with it. So, yet again, it is forking mouth breathers who are forking it up for all of us.

Just like how that a-hole Kyrie is forking over his team and fans for stupid selfish reasons.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Typical Lax Dad

ggait wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:12 pm
Sure we can live with it. We have no choice. We are still living with the versions of the 1918 flu that are still circulating today.
This is step 1 in living with it. So, yet again, it is forking mouth breathers who are forking it up for all of us.

Just like how that a-hole Kyrie is forking over his team and fans for stupid selfish reasons.
yep……developing a vaccine is how you “live with it”
“I wish you would!”
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:22 pm

Anti-vaxxers and anti-maskers will take a brand spanking new anti-viral drug (that won't be against their religion) but heaven forbid they take a vax that's been around for nearly a year now, or mask up.

Freedom my ax. It's been a spite thing for months now.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:53 pm

Anti-vaxxers and anti-maskers will take a brand spanking new anti-viral drug (that won't be against their religion) but heaven forbid they take a vax that's been around for nearly a year now, or mask up.

Why is the development of an antiviral pill a negative thing? It's yet ANOTHER tool along with vaccination we have in our toolbox. Blowing smoke and complaining about Anti-Vaxxers does absolutely ZERO to help. Lot of it in this thread. :roll:

Joe
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:44 pm
SCLaxAttack wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:53 pm Anti-vaxxers and anti-maskers will take a brand spanking new anti-viral drug (that won't be against their religion) but heaven forbid they take a vax that's been around for nearly a year now, or mask up.

Why is the development of an antiviral pill a negative thing? It's yet ANOTHER tool along with vaccination we have in our toolbox. Blowing smoke and complaining about Anti-Vaxxers does absolutely ZERO to help. Lot of it in this thread. :roll:

Joe
He never said it was a negative thing.

The pill (and monoclonals) are crutches Anti-vaxxers use to avoid the vaccine, even though the arguments against the vaccine actually apply to monoclonals and other therapeutics as well. Having an antiviral pill is a great thing. Relying on it to avoid a vaccine isn't.

People deliberately avoiding getting vaccinated is certainly hurting the country and the world. Encouraging people to get vaccinated does a lot to help. It's also therapeutic to let out anger, and this is a discussion board after all...
Typical Lax Dad

Joe
It’s not a negative. It’s a positive. People not getting vaccinated because of the pill would be a negative. Do you see the difference?…..just spoke with my sister who is a nurse. Going to work fro the VA. New owners at hospital have changed all the protocols. More lax than first wave (managed under a different owner) and now a lot more people in the hospital. Patients aren’t being screened for covid before being placed. She doesn’t feel safe anymore…. before patients that tested positive had dedicated space. Not anymore.
“I wish you would!”
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Joe
More twisting. Where did I say an anti-viral is a negative thing?

But there are people who'll immediately pop a new pill, or demand Ivermectin, or expect monoclonal antibody treatment, and have taken innumerable vaccines, but will be damned if they take a Covid vaccine or wear a mask, and you know it.

Those people do it out of spite.

Edit to add - I'll go one step further. Those who have taken the vaccine but defend others who choose to not take it are abrogating a responsibility to society.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:15 pm
SCLaxAttack wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:53 pm Anti-vaxxers and anti-maskers will take a brand spanking new anti-viral drug (that won't be against their religion) but heaven forbid they take a vax that's been around for nearly a year now, or mask up.

Joe
He never said it was a negative thing.

The pill (and monoclonals) are crutches Anti-vaxxers use to avoid the vaccine, even though the arguments against the vaccine actually apply to monoclonals and other therapeutics as well. Having an antiviral pill is a great thing. Relying on it to avoid a vaccine isn't.

People deliberately avoiding getting vaccinated is certainly hurting the country and the world. Encouraging people to get vaccinated does a lot to help. It's also therapeutic to let out anger, and this is a discussion board after all...
The pill is not available yet, how are Anti-Vaxxers relying on it? Lot of hurdles being jumped here Natty.... :roll: :roll:

Joe
ggait

Post by ggait »

Interesting new study just out.

Take the best-performing states (Vermont, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maine, and Rhode Island, which achieved an average of 74 percent of adults vaccinated by July 31) as a benchmark for what high vaccine use could achieve. Then run a computer simulation to calculate how much transmission, hospitalization, and death from COVID-19 could have been avoided in less-vaccinated Texas and Florida if they'd met that benchmark.

The study found that if Texas and Florida had kept up with the leaders, they would have prevented approximately:

1,311,900 COVID-19 cases

95,000 hospital admissions

22,000 deaths

Having the Merck Covid pill might have helped those mis-informed people.

But the already available vaccine would have saved them all.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.

Return to “POLITICS”