All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

wgdsr

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by wgdsr »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:41 pm
wgdsr wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:03 pm
Bart wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:59 pm
wgdsr wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:58 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:52 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:45 pm Here we go......

Sweden, Denmark pause Moderna COVID-19 vaccine for younger age groups

The Swedish health agency said it would pause using the shot for people born in 1991 and later as data pointed to an increase of myocarditis and pericarditis among youths and young adults that had been vaccinated. Those conditions involve an inflammation of the heart or its lining.

"The connection is especially clear when it comes to Moderna's vaccine Spikevax, especially after the second dose," the health agency said, adding the risk of being affected was very small.
You forgot this:

"heart inflammation is an extremely rare side effect that often has a mild course and goes away on its own".
maybe we shouldn't be sweden after all. or denmark.
Agreed AND we should be mad at everyone. It's easier that way and no one gets left out.
the mouthbreathers, anyway. or disappointed.
You know that mouth breathers exist on the left too right? At least for me it’s a term for thoughtless folks. The left ones are just the binary opposite of risk takers and such soft pu**ies that they won’t help by decreasing the surplus population like the ones on the right.
i was just told to supply the popcorn.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

ggait wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:48 pm What mis-leading bull shirt YA posts.

Furthermore, new research published Monday in the JAMA Internal Medicine journal shows fifteen people out of over two million who received at least one dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine developed myocarditis. According to the study, none of the patients who developed the heart condition required intensive care unit admission or readmission after being discharged.

The CDC says the “known risks of COVID-19 illness and its related, possibly severe complications, such as long-term health problems, hospitalization, and even death, far outweigh the potential risks of having a rare adverse reaction to vaccination, including the possible risk of myocarditis or pericarditis.”

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamain ... le/2784800

Now if you can reduce the vaccine side effect risk by using a different vax option, then sure you should do that.

And by the way, your risk of getting myocarditis is MUCH MUCH MUCH higher from going unvaxed. See story on this unvaxed NHL player for example. Guy is now out on long term injured reserve. Got Covid and then got myocarditis. Only guy on his team to refuse the shot. Yup, a dumb ass mouth breather if you ask me.

"Myocarditis related to COVID, related to the virus itself, is said to effect approximately five to 15 per cent of people who have been sick with the virus," Dr. Paterson told CTV News Edmonton on Monday.

The Edmonton cardiologist said, while cases of myocarditis have been linked to COVID-19 vaccines, those instances are much more rare than ones linked to COVID-19 itself.

"It's about a one in 100,000 risk of developing myocarditis from the vaccine versus about 10 per cent from the virus."

https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/oilers-arch ... -1.5610976
:lol: :lol: I post a link to a reputable source and it gets called BS. All of a sudden ggait is now overruling the medical officials of Denmark and Sweden.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:56 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:44 pm
wgdsr wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:14 pm i forget, who are we mad at? trump for saying 15 cases would be zero, biden for saying he'd squash the virus, fanlax posters or your wife's class?
Mad? What said anything about mad? You watchin’ TV?…..really shouldn’t be mad at anyone. I alway say anger is a juvenile emotion. I can’t remember the last time I was actually mad at someone. Dislike doesn’t have to mean anger. Disappointment is probably a more common emotion for me.
huh. somebody said a long time ago that who the imperial leader was wouldn't make nearly as much of a difference here in the good 'ole u.s. of a. as people think vs. a pandemic. maybe that take is/was wrong, maybe not. mileage may vary.

lot of people everywhere seemed mad at the time. even on fanlax. again, mileage.
Can’t speak for a lot of people. I speak for myself. If I speak for others, make sure you correct me. I don’t like to be hypocritical. Another character trait I don’t like.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:32 pm

Furthermore, new research published Monday in the JAMA Internal Medicine journal shows fifteen people out of over two million who received at least one dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine developed myocarditis. According to the study, none of the patients who developed the heart condition required intensive care unit admission or readmission after being discharged.

The CDC says the “known risks of COVID-19 illness and its related, possibly severe complications, such as long-term health problems, hospitalization, and even death, far outweigh the potential risks of having a rare adverse reaction to vaccination, including the possible risk of myocarditis or pericarditis.”

Now if you can reduce the vaccine side effect risk by using a different vax option, then sure you should do that.

And by the way, your risk of getting myocarditis is MUCH MUCH MUCH higher from going unvaxed. See story on this unvaxed NHL player for example. Guy is now out on long term injured reserve. Got Covid and then got myocarditis. Only guy on his team to refuse the shot. Yup, a dumb ass mouth breather if you ask me.

"Myocarditis related to COVID, related to the virus itself, is said to effect approximately five to 15 per cent of people who have been sick with the virus," Dr. Paterson told CTV News Edmonton on Monday.

The Edmonton cardiologist said, while cases of myocarditis have been linked to COVID-19 vaccines, those instances are much more rare than ones linked to COVID-19 itself.

"It's about a one in 100,000 risk of developing myocarditis from the vaccine versus about 10 per cent from the virus."

:lol: :lol: I post a link to a reputable source and it gets called BS. All of a sudden ggait is now overruling the medical officials of Denmark and Sweden.
It’s not the link. It’s what you decided to leave out of your quoted text….

EDIT: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:47 pm

Too lazy to click link and read the entire article I suppose.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:51 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:47 pm

Too lazy to click link and read the entire article I suppose.
I read it. That’s how I picked up on your deception sport. Follow the logic thread, Livy.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:59 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:41 pm
wgdsr wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:03 pm
Bart wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:59 pm
wgdsr wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:58 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:52 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:45 pm Here we go......

Sweden, Denmark pause Moderna COVID-19 vaccine for younger age groups

The Swedish health agency said it would pause using the shot for people born in 1991 and later as data pointed to an increase of myocarditis and pericarditis among youths and young adults that had been vaccinated. Those conditions involve an inflammation of the heart or its lining.

"The connection is especially clear when it comes to Moderna's vaccine Spikevax, especially after the second dose," the health agency said, adding the risk of being affected was very small.
You forgot this:

"heart inflammation is an extremely rare side effect that often has a mild course and goes away on its own".
maybe we shouldn't be sweden after all. or denmark.
Agreed AND we should be mad at everyone. It's easier that way and no one gets left out.
the mouthbreathers, anyway. or disappointed.
You know that mouth breathers exist on the left too right? At least for me it’s a term for thoughtless folks. The left ones are just the binary opposite of risk takers and such soft pu**ies that they won’t help by decreasing the surplus population like the ones on the right.
i was just told to supply the popcorn.
Hopefully it's that carmel and chocolate Harry and David overpriced gear.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Canada mandates vaccines (over 12) for train and air travel.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/cana ... index.html
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:23 pm Canada mandates vaccines (over 12) for train and air travel.

Be careful, you posted a link that requires reading...someone might call your recent post BS. ;)
~Livy

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

~Livy

a fan

Post by a fan »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:56 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:44 pm
wgdsr wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:14 pm i forget, who are we mad at? trump for saying 15 cases would be zero, biden for saying he'd squash the virus, fanlax posters or your wife's class?
Mad? What said anything about mad? You watchin’ TV?…..really shouldn’t be mad at anyone. I alway say anger is a juvenile emotion. I can’t remember the last time I was actually mad at someone. Dislike doesn’t have to mean anger. Disappointment is probably a more common emotion for me.
huh. somebody said a long time ago that who the imperial leader was wouldn't make nearly as much of a difference here in the good 'ole u.s. of a. as people think vs. a pandemic. maybe that take is/was wrong, maybe not. mileage may vary.

lot of people everywhere seemed mad at the time. even on fanlax. again, mileage.
I was---and am----mad at the political posturing that has---and continues to----lead to death. Everything from "they're trying to take out Trump" foxnews spin, to Biden and Harris sowing the seeds of doubt in the vaccine "because" Trump was in charge.

And rightfully so. I SHOULD be angry, if I care about my fellow Americans. No nation is perfect in this pandemic...but that doesn't mean we shouldn't call out callous and careless acts by our leaders in times of crisis. Honest mistakes are different, of course.

The alternative to being angry, which has been advocated by more than a few posters here, is to shrug my shoulders, say "meh" to the 700K (and counting) dead, and stop caring about my fellow Americans.

As tempting as that is? Pass.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:23 pm Canada mandates vaccines (over 12) for train and air travel.

The US Surgeon General shot this idea down in the US pretty quickly. So if you are posting this as some sort of intimation that this means it's more likely to happen in the United States, I'm puzzled. Even though you are clear in your belief that unvaccinated people are not human beings, they need to be able to travel in the case of emergencies, e.g. to visit a dying family member that's not within reasonable driving distance, etc. This will cause similar issues in Canada. You don't give a rat's ass if these policies are effective or not, just that they are implemented. Living in a fantasy-land, it's MD's world and are all just passing through. :lol: :lol:

Joe
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:34 pm Covid Toe...interesting: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... onse-study
Camel is more interesting
“I wish you would!”
ggait

Post by ggait »

I post a link to a reputable source and it gets called BS. All of a sudden ggait is now overruling the medical officials of Denmark and Sweden.
What you posted (the way you posted it) IS bull shirt. Because you omit obvious data to make your lame, wrong, misleading, anti-vax mouth breather point.

My data is from the CDC that clearly states that the risks of myocarditis are MUCH MUCH greater from having Covid than having a Covid vaccine.

Your article, by the way, says the exact same thing. But you, since you are primarily interested in being a bull shirter, you left that part out:
"The risk of myocarditis is substantially increased for those who contract COVID-19, and vaccination is the best way to protect against this."
You also left out that, for younger folks, those countries are simply pausing Moderna and continuing to aggressively vaccinate. Since there's more than one approved vax, the younger folks will get Pfizer for now. Which is no big deal. You also left out the part about how rare the myocarditis risk is and how mild most of those cases are.

But, bull shirter that you are, didn't post any that. You just said this:
Here we go......
That is BS.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

ggait wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:45 pm
I post a link to a reputable source and it gets called BS. All of a sudden ggait is now overruling the medical officials of Denmark and Sweden.
What you posted (the way you posted it) IS bull shirt. Because you omit obvious data to make your lame, wrong, misleading, anti-vax mouth breather point.

My data is from the CDC that clearly states that the risks of myocarditis are MUCH MUCH greater from having Covid than having a Covid vaccine.

Your article, by the way, says the exact same thing. But you, since you are primarily interested in being a bull shirter, you left that part out:
"The risk of myocarditis is substantially increased for those who contract COVID-19, and vaccination is the best way to protect against this."
You also left out that, for younger folks, those countries are simply pausing Moderna and continuing to aggressively vaccinate. Since there's more than one approved vax, the younger folks will get Pfizer for now. You also left out the part about how rare the myocarditis risk is and how mild most of those cases are.

But, bull shirter that you are, didn't post any that. You just said this:

So you said this:
Here we go......
That is BS.
So we are to post the entirety of every article...whatever. Hell, you can not even quote a poster so they carry on a conversation with you. GO back to crying about everything.
~Livy

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Here we go...

People are developing diabetes after COVID-19. It might be because the virus messing with insulin-producing cells, new research suggests.

Some COVID-19 patients have been developing symptoms of diabetes after infection.

This has scientists asking if COVID-19 could trigger diabetes.

Early findings suggest that the coronavirus could be prompting the pancreas to self-destruct.
~Livy

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:35 pm

The US Surgeon General shot this idea down in the US pretty quickly. So if you are posting this as some sort of intimation that this means it's more likely to happen in the United States, I'm puzzled. Even though you are clear in your belief that unvaccinated people are not human beings, they need to be able to travel in the case of emergencies, e.g. to visit a dying family member that's not within reasonable driving distance, etc. This will cause similar issues in Canada. You don't give a rat's ass if these policies are effective or not, just that they are implemented. Living in a fantasy-land, it's MD's world and are all just passing through. :lol: :lol:

Joe
well, there you go again, Joe, with some pretty major assumptions and leaps about how I feel and think...quite incorrectly yet again. Not sure why you decide to blow out at me, so mistakenly, each time...suggestion: just ask me what I think without the assumptions or offensive hyperbole.

On the specific policy, I'd definitely be in favor of a vaccine requirement, or if valid exception, a recent test result.

Neither of which prevents someone from traveling. And are certainly achievable for anyone. Easiest is to simply be vaccinated (ideal for public policy). If for some reason that's really an issue, and there's an actual emergency, a rapid test is very easy too.

It requires a vaccine passport process, ala what is being implemented through much of Europe and elsewhere.

The United States has not yet committed to such, though I expect we eventually will for any interstate or international, federally regulated, travel. And we'll need to do it if we wish to travel to these various countries.

BTW, you guys want me to criticize the Biden Admin?
Here's one...it's downright dumb that we don't require this, now. I said so many, many months ago and now that the vaccines are fully approved, really no excuse not to mandate. Interstate travel is federally regulated and is definitely within the regulatory framework for such.

The Surgeon General was in the awkward spot of fumbling around for a reason why "equity" trumps public safety in packed travel situations, yet it's ok to use OSHA to mandate for employers over 100 people...makes no sense. Dumb.

The "equity" excuse doesn't hold water as there's a viable backstop by simply testing in an emergency situation.

And we gotta do it if we travel in other countries, so why not set up the mechanisms here so the transition is easy when we travel abroad?
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:55 pm Here we go...

People are developing diabetes after COVID-19. It might be because the virus messing with insulin-producing cells, new research suggests.

Some COVID-19 patients have been developing symptoms of diabetes after infection.

Early findings suggest that the coronavirus could be prompting the pancreas to self-destruct.
Yuck. If that's the case, the relief we feel about being vaccinated and not likely to die if infected in breakthrough case may be mediated by some additional risks.

Hope this is greatly lessened if prior vaccinated.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:07 pm
JoeMauer89 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:35 pm

Joe
well, there you go again, Joe, with some pretty major assumptions and leaps about how I feel and think...quite incorrectly yet again. Not sure why you decide to blow out at me, so mistakenly, each time...suggestion: just ask me what I think without the assumptions or offensive hyperbole.

On the specific policy, I'd definitely be in favor of a vaccine requirement, or if valid exception, a recent test result.

Neither of which prevents someone from traveling. And are certainly achievable for anyone. Easiest is to simply be vaccinated (ideal for public policy). If for some reason that's really an issue, and there's an actual emergency, a rapid test is very easy too.

It requires a vaccine passport process, ala what is being implemented through much of Europe and elsewhere.

The United States has not yet committed to such, though I expect we eventually will for any interstate or international, federally regulated, travel. And we'll need to do it if we wish to travel to these various countries.
"though I expect we eventually will for any interstate or international, federally regulated, travel"

That's what you WOULD LIKE to happen, but you are not setting public policy for the US, nor am I. I'm getting at the fact your expectation's are consistently out of touch with reality. Have you seen how much pushback and strife the vaccine mandate has caused? (I'm not saying I am for or against this, I am vaccinated) Doing what you have suggested is not something that's just going to pass as legislation in the course of 24 hours, there may not even be legal precedent for it in the sense that during the HEIGHT OF THE PANDEMIC, interstate travel was not banned. Having a vaccine available that some refuse to receive does not mean that such a SERIOUS measure will be accepted, in the court of public opinion, and MOST importantly in the court of law at the highest level. How's the weather in Florida? :roll: :roll:

Joe
Bart

Post by Bart »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:55 pm Here we go...

Well, it may be a viral thing and not COVID thing.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 193138.htm

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn ... ed-to-flu/

Return to “POLITICS”