All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

tech37

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:18 pm
tech37 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:08 pm Why? Why would people who don't trust the government and the FDA suddenly be willing to try a brand new drug?
Because as I've said more than once now, if the drug WORKS! And is SAFE! That evidence will take, at best months, to years to materialize. In time, if Molnupiravir fulfills all the hype (Fauci's optimism may be the kiss of death for many), why wouldn't sick people take a drug that, not only works, but has a good safety record? Why is that concept so hard to grasp?
We're talking past each other here, my apologies. I'm only referring to anti vaxxers.
oh boy...
tech37 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:08 pm C'mon a fan, that is too easy. If patients agree to vaccination and/or therapeutics, there's no hypocrisy involved. Pandemic or not, healthcare is deeply personal.
That's not how morality works.

Pretend that you're a nurse. you're certain that a drug is dangerous. So dangerous, in fact, that YOU won't take said drug, even though your doctor advised you to take it.

Would you knowingly inject this drug---a drug that is so dangerous, than you won't take it yourself-----into a patient in your care?

Of course you wouldn't, tech.

The fact that these nurse's have, and will continue to, inject the vaccine into patients under their care tells you that something else is at work. They don't REALLY think it's dangerous. If they did? they never in a million years inject it into someone they care for.....

Which is precisely why they should either take the vaccine, or resign.
Resign... or be fired? Just how much of a threat are unvaccinated nurses? Do we know?
Last edited by tech37 on Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a fan

Post by a fan »

wgdsr wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:09 pm
a fan wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:06 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:52 pm ummm... i don't know their reasons.
I know. And yet you had no trouble telling me I"m making a leap....when you can't tell me where I'm leaping from, and therefore can't judge the distance....

Give me a concrete reason why they refuse to take the shot. A reason so strong, that they're willing to lose their job over it.

I can't think of any that aren't hypocritical and/or morally wrong.

This stuff matters. 700K dead, and counting...and we have nurses refusing the vaccine. This isn't a parlor game.
you're upset at least a bit. as you say, we're talking past each other.
Yes! Guilty. 100% guilty as charged.

I have to take my unvaccinated daughter to what I consider to be a palace of science-------a modern hospital/health care facility.

And what you appear (appear) to be telling me, is that there are valid reasons as to why the nurse who sees my daughter during a global pandemic, can CHOOSE to ignore both science and their personal doctors.....and lay their hands on my daughter.

And---this is the best part-----I don't get to know if the nurse has been vaccinated.

So yes, I'm 100% guilty of demanding that our nurses give me a valid reason to put my daughter's life at risk in not taking the vaccine---and getting Covid at a high viral load. And, btw, risk my career by giving me anosmia.

Your'e right. And if I'm taking it out on you? Well, for that, I apologize, unreservedly....
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

tech37 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:25 pm
tech37 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:08 pm Why? Why would people who don't trust the government and the FDA suddenly be willing to try a brand new drug?
Because as I've said more than once now, if the drug WORKS! And is SAFE! That evidence will take, at best months, to years to materialize. In time, if Molnupiravir fulfills all the hype (Fauci's optimism may be the kiss of death for many), why wouldn't sick people take a drug that, not only works, but has a good safety record? Why is that concept so hard to grasp?
We're talking past each other here, my apologies. I'm only referring to anti vaxxers.
oh boy...
tech37 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:08 pm C'mon a fan, that is too easy. If patients agree to vaccination and/or therapeutics, there's no hypocrisy involved. Pandemic or not, healthcare is deeply personal.

Pretend that you're a nurse. you're certain that a drug is dangerous. So dangerous, in fact, that YOU won't take said drug, even though your doctor advised you to take it.

Would you knowingly inject this drug---a drug that is so dangerous, than you won't take it yourself-----into a patient in your care?

The fact that these nurse's have, and will continue to, inject the vaccine into patients under their care tells you that something else is at work. They don't REALLY think it's dangerous. If they did? they never in a million years inject it into someone they care for.....

Resign... or be fired? Just how much of a threat are unvaccinated nurses? Do we know?
I'll never understand how you defend the non-use of vaccines on safety issues when just here in the USA, over 300 million doses have been administered with little or no adverse effects and the number of serious breakthrough infections is also a tiny number.

If this BS had been the case in the past, smallpox and polio would never have been eradicated.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Kismet wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:50 pm
oh boy...

I'll never understand how you defend the non-use of vaccines on safety issues when just here in the USA, over 300 million doses have been administered with little or no adverse effects and the number of serious breakthrough infections is also a tiny number.

If this BS had been the case in the past, smallpox and polio would never have been eradicated.
What the hell are you talking about? I'm F'ing vaccinated. So is my family. I won't tell others though what they should do regarding Covid vaccination, especially when their livelihood is on the line.

Wrong context. Smallpox and polio took place in another time and were never politicized like Covid. You're obviously blind to the fact that the day and age we live in is the difference. Thought you were brighter than that.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

tech37 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:01 pm
oh boy...

What the hell are you talking about? I'm F'ing vaccinated. So is my family. I won't tell others though what they should do regarding Covid vaccination, especially when their livelihood is on the line.

Wrong context. Smallpox and polio took place in another time and were never politicized like Covid. You're obviously blind to the fact that the day and age we live in is the difference. Thought you were brighter than that.
Did not mean to personalize you but rather your rationalization of those who won't look at the data on vaccine safety and efficacy.
The math on vaccine safety is OFF THE CHARTS as it also was for polio and smallpox. The same people crying about vaccine safety have already taken multiple vaccines for polio, smallpox and many other ailments that have effectively almost eliminated them.

Politicizing science is insane....and hazardous to one's health and that of others in one's family circle and community. I just don't get it.
My goodness, we have lost over 700,000 people and we have a viable solution in terms of vaccines that are both safe and effective.
Last edited by Kismet on Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Kismet wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:09 pm
oh boy...

Did not mean to personalize you but rather your rationalization of those who won't look at the data on vaccine safety and efficacy.
The math on vaccine safety is OFF THE CHARTS as it also was for polio and smallpox. The same people crying about vaccine safety have already taken multiple vaccines for polio, smallpox and many other ailments that have effectively almost eliminated them.

Politicizing science is insane....and hazardous to one's health and that of others in one's family circle and community.
I'm not rationalizing anything. I made my personal choice months ago. For others despite any data, it's a personal choice, whether mandated or not.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

oh boy...

Politicizing science is insane....and hazardous to one's health and that of others in one's family circle and community. I just don't get it.
My goodness, we have lost over 700,000 people and we have a viable solution in terms of vaccines that are both safe and effective.
it's not off the charts at all when it's age based.
have you noticed what's what on vaccination by age or just by political affiliation?

#algorythmic
#internet_medical_certification.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

:shock: :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

a fan wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:31 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:09 pm
a fan wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:06 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:52 pm ummm... i don't know their reasons.
I know. And yet you had no trouble telling me I"m making a leap....when you can't tell me where I'm leaping from, and therefore can't judge the distance....

Give me a concrete reason why they refuse to take the shot. A reason so strong, that they're willing to lose their job over it.

I can't think of any that aren't hypocritical and/or morally wrong.

This stuff matters. 700K dead, and counting...and we have nurses refusing the vaccine. This isn't a parlor game.
you're upset at least a bit. as you say, we're talking past each other.
Yes! Guilty. 100% guilty as charged.

I have to take my unvaccinated daughter to what I consider to be a palace of science-------a modern hospital/health care facility.

And what you appear (appear) to be telling me, is that there are valid reasons as to why the nurse who sees my daughter during a global pandemic, can CHOOSE to ignore both science and their personal doctors.....and lay their hands on my daughter.

And---this is the best part-----I don't get to know if the nurse has been vaccinated.

So yes, I'm 100% guilty of demanding that our nurses give me a valid reason to put my daughter's life at risk in not taking the vaccine---and getting Covid at a high viral load. And, btw, risk my career by giving me anosmia.

Your'e right. And if I'm taking it out on you? Well, for that, I apologize, unreservedly....
nope. you're tossing an argument i don't pretend to want, nor have i discussed, about nurses' motivations. now with your daughter.
you said nurses were vaccinating people and were hypocrites.
that's what i commented on. blow up the rest as you choose!!
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

tech37 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:17 pm
oh boy...

Politicizing science is insane....and hazardous to one's health and that of others in one's family circle and community.
I'm not rationalizing anything. I made my personal choice months ago. For others despite any data, it's a personal choice, whether mandated or not.
Can’t wait to get on the interstate tomorrow to see if I can get to 120mph. But first I’m going out tonight. There’s a new bar downtown that’s doing a five hour happy hour. 75% off all mixed drinks. I’m not an Uber fan.

Personal choice my ax.
a fan

Post by a fan »

wgdsr wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:54 pm nope. you're tossing an argument i don't pretend to want, nor have i discussed, about nurses' motivations.
Ok, ok. You implied with your "that's a big leap" comment. I took it from there, and in incorrect directions. My bad.

And as you said, added emotion in...for which I apologized.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

a fan wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:18 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:54 pm nope. you're tossing an argument i don't pretend to want, nor have i discussed, about nurses' motivations.
Ok, ok. You implied with your "that's a big leap" comment. I took it from there, and in incorrect directions. My bad.

And as you said, added emotion in...for which I apologized.
it's 2021.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Couple of stories from taking son for first camping trip (cub scouts) in N Ga mtns.

-One lady is bugging out in disgust when we were in line to get our dinner in a group meal of chili, shredded cheese Etc. I was telling my son to mask up since we’d be hovering over and touching community food and in a line. This biyach is going “Jesus Christ, uggh” (as if she had a pill popping problem and needed to take a dump). Now I was simply telling my son as a courtesy to others and knowing the kids are all not vaxxed (and he’s had two kids in his class test positive within 6 weeks at school). Wasn’t directed at this dumb mouth breather with a bull-you know what haircut, dope Auburn hat on and general nastiness or even any thought of care towards others simply in line telling my son ao he’d learn to be considerate of others. Doesn’t benefit him to mask up.

-At a quick trip in Jasper Ga (QT-think Wawa for you Pennsy/NJ/W MD folks w huge offerings and basically a QSR inside the stores), which is now my sons favorite place for fast food. Again we’re getting freshly prepared, potentially roller food (which honestly no point in vaccinating if you eat those jalapeno cheese sausages or Buffalo breaded spicy chicken sticks more than 4x in a lifetime because I’m dead and you’re talking to a ghost). So masked and at register and some old redneck is making this loud conversation about how stupid it is and this and that to the clerk with us right behind. I’m a bit of a fighter so I inquired: “hi sir is this clerk a friend or family member? No, so what made you decide to initiate this conversation with us behind you here? Is there anything you’d like to say to me or my son because we just finished a cub scouts camping trip and I’m working on teaching him respect for others, dignity, honesty and other positive characteristics and wanted to make sure I understood why you chose to start that conversation and suddenly project with us behind you”. He was clearly pissed but lucky because he thinks he would’ve done something if my son wasn’t there but all he would’ve done is get himself arrested or knocked out, he doesn’t realize my son saved him pain and misery.

Anyways, don’t tell me it’s only liberals (some certainly do behave equally douchebaggy for sure) who “virtue signal” or run their mouths and have to opine on others behavior when unnecessary because these fu**faces are just as bad and those defending them need to recognize or shut up on this topic because it’s nonsense.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Bart

Post by Bart »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:10 pm This question seems to have been asked, or almost asked, but I haven't found a clear answer as yet addressing it.

Given the relatively low cost of a vaccination, and high effectiveness, at what point should the government say, ok, that's it, as of date certain, if you ain't been vaccinated and you get infected, the cost of your healthcare is on you. Medicare and Medicaid ain't paying, we're not reimbursing your insurer, and we're green lighting insurance discounts for those who have been vaccinated relative to those who haven't.

On the other hand, if you've been vaccinated (with boosters as recommended) (or had a bonified exception for not, or were not eligible for some reason, eg age), and you get infected, we'll pay for whatever care is necessary.

Seems to me that in a country in which ultimately these choices get made by individuals, though provided whatever incentives for compliance with public health priorities as may be instituted but ultimately made individually, the cost of that individual choice should be borne, as much as possible, by the individual making the decision.

I'm not so sure that's as good as a flat out mandate, but why not do it?
Because the ones not ultimately not getting paid are the hospitals who, to my knowledge, wont turn these people away.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Bart wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:25 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:10 pm This question seems to have been asked, or almost asked, but I haven't found a clear answer as yet addressing it.

Given the relatively low cost of a vaccination, and high effectiveness, at what point should the government say, ok, that's it, as of date certain, if you ain't been vaccinated and you get infected, the cost of your healthcare is on you. Medicare and Medicaid ain't paying, we're not reimbursing your insurer, and we're green lighting insurance discounts for those who have been vaccinated relative to those who haven't.

On the other hand, if you've been vaccinated (with boosters as recommended) (or had a bonified exception for not, or were not eligible for some reason, eg age), and you get infected, we'll pay for whatever care is necessary.

Seems to me that in a country in which ultimately these choices get made by individuals, though provided whatever incentives for compliance with public health priorities as may be instituted but ultimately made individually, the cost of that individual choice should be borne, as much as possible, by the individual making the decision.

Because the ones not ultimately not getting paid are the hospitals who, to my knowledge, wont turn these people away.
This is a big general problem w billing and related for healthcare. There’s a forced high level of spare capacity that’s required so big carrying costs by virtue of this requirement to treat folks that is already forced to be spread across all customers/patients (and their corresponding source of payment for service to a double redistribution when insurance is involved-everyone has to pay to the average which is different than a market equilibrium)
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:36 pm

This is a big general problem w billing and related for healthcare. There’s a forced high level of spare capacity that’s required so big carrying costs by virtue of this requirement to treat folks that is already forced to be spread across all customers/patients (and their corresponding source of payment for service to a double redistribution when insurance is involved-everyone has to pay to the average which is different than a market equilibrium)
Hospitals will probably be receiving subsidiaries in the near future because of lost talent. Would. It surprise me. We’ll see.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:55 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:36 pm

Hospitals will probably be receiving subsidiaries in the near future because of lost talent. Would. It surprise me. We’ll see.
Lost talent, ha. Good riddance. They obviously failed their science and statistics courses. Amazing they got a degree.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:09 pm Couple of stories from taking son for first camping trip (cub scouts) in N Ga mtns.

-One lady is bugging out in disgust when we were in line to get our dinner in a group meal of chili, shredded cheese Etc. I was telling my son to mask up since we’d be hovering over and touching community food and in a line. This biyach is going “Jesus Christ, uggh” (as if she had a pill popping problem and needed to take a dump). Now I was simply telling my son as a courtesy to others and knowing the kids are all not vaxxed (and he’s had two kids in his class test positive within 6 weeks at school). Wasn’t directed at this dumb mouth breather with a bull-you know what haircut, dope Auburn hat on and general nastiness or even any thought of care towards others simply in line telling my son ao he’d learn to be considerate of others. Doesn’t benefit him to mask up.

-At a quick trip in Jasper Ga (QT-think Wawa for you Pennsy/NJ/W MD folks w huge offerings and basically a QSR inside the stores), which is now my sons favorite place for fast food. Again we’re getting freshly prepared, potentially roller food (which honestly no point in vaccinating if you eat those jalapeno cheese sausages or Buffalo breaded spicy chicken sticks more than 4x in a lifetime because I’m dead and you’re talking to a ghost). So masked and at register and some old redneck is making this loud conversation about how stupid it is and this and that to the clerk with us right behind. I’m a bit of a fighter so I inquired: “hi sir is this clerk a friend or family member? No, so what made you decide to initiate this conversation with us behind you here? Is there anything you’d like to say to me or my son because we just finished a cub scouts camping trip and I’m working on teaching him respect for others, dignity, honesty and other positive characteristics and wanted to make sure I understood why you chose to start that conversation and suddenly project with us behind you”. He was clearly ticked but lucky because he thinks he would’ve done something if my son wasn’t there but all he would’ve done is get himself arrested or knocked out, he doesn’t realize my son saved him pain and misery.

Anyways, don’t tell me it’s only liberals (some certainly do behave equally douchebaggy for sure) who “virtue signal” or run their mouths and have to opine on others behavior when unnecessary because these fu**faces are just as bad and those defending them need to recognize or shut up on this topic because it’s nonsense.
Sorry to hear your son has to deal with seeing how some people are. Best he sees it now and learns from his dad now than being shocked by idiocy later.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Given the relatively low cost of a vaccination, and high effectiveness, at what point should the government say, ok, that's it, as of date certain, if you ain't been vaccinated and you get infected, the cost of your healthcare is on you.
The solution is really much simpler than that.

Most of the unvaxed are employed, insured, lower income, lower education.

Just add a $100 per month surcharge on the employer provided insurance and almost all will immediately get vaxed. They are still refusing the shot only because they continue to be allowed to refuse with no cost or consequence (other than the risk of getting sick).

These are the folks living paycheck to paycheck who can't afford a $500 unexpected car repair. You don't need to threaten to fire them. Nick their paycheck once or twice and you're probably done. And/or make them get tested frequently to come to the workplace.

Their righteous indignation runs extremely shallow. Call their bluff and they will fold.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

tech37 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:01 pm What the hell are you talking about? I'm F'ing vaccinated. So is my family. I won't tell others though what they should do regarding Covid vaccination, especially when their livelihood is on the line.

LOL at fake outrage. Good job provoking that though, dude. Flaming 101 from 1995 (now called trolling).

Doesn't matter if you're vaccinated or not. The fact that you're defending other people's stupid choices is the problem here bro. Same as if you wouldn't tell someone what the should do regarding the polio or smallpox vaccine.

I saw what polio did to my dad, and he was one of the lucky ones... If COVID was as visible as polio or smallpox, you'd be singing a much different tune.

Who politicized COVID by the way? I'm sure I'll get a straight answer there :roll:

Return to “POLITICS”