All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

Typical Lax Dad

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:27 pm
SCLaxAttack wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:07 pm
JoeMauer89 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:34 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:36 pm
wgdsr wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:24 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:31 pm Spoke with my sister about vaccines. Talked to her for months about getting it. Finally got it a couple of months ago because her best friend contracted COVID-19 and was sick. She said she believes a co-worker passed it on to her because after sitting across from each other and talking at work, she got sick and the co-worker died within 3 or 4 days….. my sister smartened up real fast. Her friend now has kidney problems….
good effort. fear strikes again. anecdotal, of course.
or rationality?
Nope, the first one.

Joe
Really? That’s all you got?

Tell all the people who’ve lost one of the 707,000+ in the US who have died that their experience is anecdotal.
Barking up the wrong tree. How about the 33,295,755 who have recovered from CV-19, as of today? Are they not considered important? :roll: :roll:
MD, I DO NOT want a long winded diatribe reflecting your confirmation bias. You can be the moral authority of your own family, your not mine.

Joe
1.6% of the cases have resolved in death. So you ok with 3.2 million dead people? That’s what you believe? Go about your life, open up, don’t vaccinate and if 3.2 million people die, meh?
“I wish you would!”
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Just mind blowing. Jaw dropping.

I wonder what his magic number for caring is. Actually I don't. Don't care much about him. Only one person. Anecdotal, right?
Typical Lax Dad

SCLaxAttack wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:03 pm Just mind blowing. Jaw dropping.

I wonder what his magic number for caring is. Actually I don't. Don't care much about him. Only one person. Anecdotal, right?
Sister’s best friend and a person I have known since I was 4 was one of the lucky survivors in Joe’s number….Now has kidney damage…we don’t talk enough about those. Just the dead people. (I know it’s “anecdotal” but what isn’t….if it happens to you).
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:33 pm

Sister’s best friend and a person I have known since I was 4 was one of the lucky survivors in Joe’s number….Now has kidney damage…we don’t talk enough about those. Just the dead people. (I know it’s “anecdotal” but what isn’t….if it happens to you).
it's more than possible my original comment has gone off the rails a bit.
by good effort i was commending you for trying to convince your sister.

by fear strikes again i was referencing that it looked like imo it took fear to convince her. something i've referenced before about our collective policies, behaviors.

by anecdotal i was referencing that your sister's reaction is but one case... and not to be on its own proof of fear driving anything or putting people in boxes.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:12 pm

it's more than possible my original comment has gone off the rails a bit.
by good effort i was commending you for trying to convince your sister.

by fear strikes again i was referencing that it looked like imo it took fear to convince her. something i've referenced before about our collective policies, behaviors.

by anecdotal i was referencing that your sister's reaction is but one case... and not to be on its own proof of fear driving anything or putting people in boxes.
My sister has a terrible combination….scared of everything and doesn’t trust anyone. I stayed on her for months. Rationale was flawed. 1 out of 10,000 people having blood clots scared her but 2 out of 100 covid cases resulting in death wasn’t enough of a motivator. Not sure in what world that makes sense. Her friend telling her her co-worker died in 3 or 4 days and her friend thinking she was going to die did it. My buddy won’t get the shot. We have known him since we were 4. He’s uneducated but I keep trying. He should know better but I give a person like him a pass. I call him every week or so.
“I wish you would!”
ggait

Post by ggait »

New study from Oxford says Covid dropped the life expectancy of USA males by two full years. Biggest drop in life expectancy for USA males since WWII. Two years for the whole population seems like a pretty big number.

Sure many of the guys who were taken out by Covid were old and/or fat and/or had other conditions. But so are many of the folks who die of cancer. And if cancer was easily communicated by social contact, we would be locking stuff down to fight cancer.

Covid in the USA is approaching the annual death level of cancer. If there was a vax that would reduce your cancer risk to basically zero, you'd be a moron not to take it, right? And you'd be a selfish jerk if your refusal to take the shot made it more likely you'd give your family, neighbors, co-workers cancer, right?

P.S. My acceptable death level (for making decisions on restrictive measures) was 200k. Which at the time, many thought was a crazy high number of deaths to be ok with.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

a fan wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:53 pm
JoeMauer89 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:27 pm Barking up the wrong tree. How about the 33,295,755 who have recovered from CV-19, as of today? Are they not considered important?
I'm still trying to square what it is you think we should have done as Americans in responding to Covid.

You make it sound as if you think we should have done nothing, and simply gone on with our lives. No masks. No closures. No border closures. No distancing.

Do I have this right? And if I don't, can you please tell me what it is you think we should have done? All I can tell is that you think we're "doing it wrong".

Thanks.
When did I ever say we shouldn't have had any response at all? The point I was trying to make is that by pointing out the number of deaths as a political football of sorts, those that do so are doing more damage than they realize. The amount of misinformation that is spread by our media on a daily basis no matter what "side" your on is overwhelming. Nobody talks about the long-term ramifications of THAT. Were learning to live with the virus, whether people like it or not. I will never shame those that are unvaccinated because it is their choice and THEIR risk that they bear. If you or I got vaccinated, and in the likelihood they passed CV-19 to us, it's OVERWHELMING likely that any symptoms we have will be manageable. So the nonsense narrative that the unvaccinated POSE A RISK to the vaccinated, is just that, nonsense. The unvaccinated pose the overwhelming risk to those that are also unvaccinated. If anybody in this thread had ideas that the US would get vaccinated to the point of "eradication", their are fooling themselves only. This virus will be around forever, we are continuing to manage it and learning new things every day that we use to our advantage. There hasn't been one god damn politician that hasn't f**ked up aspects of the response to this virus. Because most if not all of them foolishly think that they can "control" the virus. They can take reasonable measures to help their constituents LEARN TO LIVE with this virus. If you want the Government to do more, go pack your bags and live in Australia. Some way to go through life, guess what they haven't eradicated CV-19 anymore than the US has and are just kicking the can down the road at the expense of massive upheaval of daily Aussie society. To the point that their police force is tackling citizens on the streets with rifles pointed at their heads. I never once said that it is not extremely unfortunate that so many lives have been lost but to think that the majority or all of them were preventable is bullcrap, no one knows that yet, it's going to take time/research,etc before we know a quantifiable answer to that. And guess what, it may not be what a lot of FLP regulars on this thread want to hear... This isn't all pointed at you, but some of you FLP morons live in a f**king fantasy land. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Joe
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:00 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:31 pm Spoke with my sister about vaccines. Talked to her for months about getting it. Finally got it a couple of months ago because her best friend contracted COVID-19 and was sick. She said she believes a co-worker passed it on to her because after sitting across from each other and talking at work, she got sick and the co-worker died within 3 or 4 days….. my sister smartened up real fast. Her friend now has kidney problems….
or rationality?
Nope, the first one.

Joe

Tell all the people who’ve lost one of the 707,000+ in the US who have died that their experience is anecdotal.
Barking up the wrong tree. How about the 33,295,755 who have recovered from CV-19, as of today? Are they not considered important? :roll: :roll:
MD, I DO NOT want a long winded diatribe reflecting your confirmation bias. You can be the moral authority of your own family, your not mine.

Joe
1.6% of the cases have resolved in death. So you ok with 3.2 million dead people? That’s what you believe? Go about your life, open up, don’t vaccinate and if 3.2 million people die, meh?
Who said don't vaccinate? I'm vaccinated, you are as well. Your act is fu**ing tired. The response to everything with you is an extreme. Don't do this, don't do that and watch X number of people die. That's you getting emotional. I'm just pointing out that THIRTY-FOUR Million people have recovered from this virus. Acknowledge that, for once, without lame subtle dry humor. :roll:

Joe
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

But she's alive right? I have a good friend that has lived a good portion of his life with 3/4 of a functioning kidney. I'm sorry to hear that.
Joe
Last edited by JoeMauer89 on Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

ggait wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:36 pm New study from Oxford says Covid dropped the life expectancy of USA males by two full years. Biggest drop in life expectancy for USA males since WWII. Two years for the whole population seems like a pretty big number.

Sure many of the guys who were taken out by Covid were old and/or fat and/or had other conditions. But so are many of the folks who die of cancer. And if cancer was easily communicated by social contact, we would be locking stuff down to fight cancer.

Covid in the USA is approaching the annual death level of cancer. If there was a vax that would reduce your cancer risk to basically zero, you'd be a moron not to take it, right? And you'd be a selfish jerk if your refusal to take the shot made it more likely you'd give your family, neighbors, co-workers cancer, right?

P.S. My acceptable death level (for making decisions on restrictive measures) was 200k. Which at the time, many thought was a crazy high number of deaths to be ok with.
I'm playing devil's advocate here I understand, but you realize what your acceptable death level is has NO BEARING on how many death's actually occur? So why the f**ck does it matter. Advise those who are unvaccinated to get vaccinated. Take basic precautions based on your level of comfort. Exercise, eat healthy, take your vitamins, wear a mask when necessary and LIVE YOUR LIFE TO THE GREATEST EXTENT YOU CAN. :roll: :roll:

Joe
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:53 pm
JoeMauer89 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:27 pm Barking up the wrong tree. How about the 33,295,755 who have recovered from CV-19, as of today? Are they not considered important?
I'm still trying to square what it is you think we should have done as Americans in responding to Covid.

You make it sound as if you think we should have done nothing, and simply gone on with our lives. No masks. No closures. No border closures. No distancing.

Do I have this right? And if I don't, can you please tell me what it is you think we should have done? All I can tell is that you think we're "doing it wrong".

Thanks.
When did I ever say we shouldn't have had any response at all? The point I was trying to make is that by pointing out the number of deaths as a political football of sorts, those that do so are doing more damage than they realize. The amount of misinformation that is spread by our media on a daily basis no matter what "side" your on is overwhelming. Nobody talks about the long-term ramifications of THAT. Were learning to live with the virus, whether people like it or not. I will never shame those that are unvaccinated because it is their choice and THEIR risk that they bear. If you or I got vaccinated, and in the likelihood they passed CV-19 to us, it's OVERWHELMING likely that any symptoms we have will be manageable. So the nonsense narrative that the unvaccinated POSE A RISK to the vaccinated, is just that, nonsense. The unvaccinated pose the overwhelming risk to those that are also unvaccinated. If anybody in this thread had ideas that the US would get vaccinated to the point of "eradication", their are fooling themselves only. This virus will be around forever, we are continuing to manage it and learning new things every day that we use to our advantage. There hasn't been one god damn politician that hasn't f**ked up aspects of the response to this virus. Because most if not all of them foolishly think that they can "control" the virus. They can take reasonable measures to help their constituents LEARN TO LIVE with this virus. If you want the Government to do more, go pack your bags and live in Australia. Some way to go through life, guess what they haven't eradicated CV-19 anymore than the US has and are just kicking the can down the road at the expense of massive upheaval of daily Aussie society. To the point that their police force is tackling citizens on the streets with rifles pointed at their heads. I never once said that it is not extremely unfortunate that so many lives have been lost but to think that the majority or all of them were preventable is bullcrap, no one knows that yet, it's going to take time/research,etc before we know a quantifiable answer to that. And guess what, it may not be what a lot of FLP regulars on this thread want to hear... This isn't all pointed at you, but some of you FLP morons live in a f**king fantasy land. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Joe
well, you seem to be begging for a long-winded diatribe in return on this Joe. ;)

No, again, this is not about the individual's personal risk. Simply that, statistically, those who don't get vaccinated will cost all the rest of us, not simply themselves or just others unvaccinated. Those who do get sick and need care cost each of us in our shared healthcare cost system. The unlucky "few" hundred thousand or million who get very sick and die, cost us a huge amount each. And they cost the healthcare workers tremendously, and when the system gets particularly strained, as it is in many places, those of us who don't contract a nasty case of Covid because we've been vaccinated, masked, etc nevertheless may pay a steep price if we need serious healthcare for other issues, yet such care is constricted.

All of that has nothing to do with the individual's personal risk and 'right's to make an individual decision. We may think it's stupid and selfish not to get vaccinated, but the real point is that it costs all the rest of us who are doing our part to reduce transmission and really bad outcomes...in other words, trying to 'live with it'.

I don't know that you realize how obnoxious your response comes across to the # of deaths with the # of recoveries. I feel sure you simply must not understand how that comes across a dismissive of the deaths, and the inevitability of far more deaths with no mitigation efforts versus strong mitigation/vaccination, etc.

Listen, we heard from Covid deniers that this is 'just another flu', would end after maybe a bad flu season, then it was exclaimed that it couldn't possibly take 100k, much less 200k...the latter # was one which many of us thought would actually be a victory and a relief, yet such view was responded to as "fear mongering" as, at the time, it seemed like such an extremely high #...yet those of us predicting at least those sorts of #'s could see that our commitment to mitigation strategies was going to be very weak...too many making the sorts of arguments you are still making Joe. Or at least seem to be making.

I actually think, and glean, that you've been personally making responsible choices and doing a solid job of doing your part.

No one's asking you or anyone else to to do otherwise.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:25 pm

Thanks.

Joe
well, you seem to be begging for a long-winded diatribe in return on this Joe. ;)

No, again, this is not about the individual's personal risk. Simply that, statistically, those who don't get vaccinated will cost all the rest of us, not simply themselves or just others unvaccinated. Those who do get sick and need care cost each of us in our shared healthcare cost system. The unlucky "few" hundred thousand or million who get very sick and die, cost us a huge amount each. And they cost the healthcare workers tremendously, and when the system gets particularly strained, as it is in many places, those of us who don't contract a nasty case of Covid because we've been vaccinated, masked, etc nevertheless may pay a steep price if we need serious healthcare for other issues, yet such care is constricted.

All of that has nothing to with the individual's personal risk and 'right's to make an individual decision. We may think it's stupid and selfish not to get vaccinated, but the real point is that it costs all the rest of us who are doing our part to reduce transmission and really bad outcomes...in other words, trying to 'live with it'.

I don't know that you realize how obnoxious your response comes across to the # of deaths with the # of recoveries. I feel sure you simply must not understand how that comes across a dismissive of the deaths, and the inevitability of far more deaths with no mitigation efforts versus strong mitigation/vaccination, etc.

Listen, we heard from Covid deniers that this 'just another flu', would end after maybe a bad flu season, then it was exclaimed that it couldn't possibly take 100k, much less 200k...the latter # was one which many of us thought would actually be a victory and a relief, yet such view was responded to as "fear mongering" as, at the time, it seemed like such an extremely high #...yet those of us predicting at least those sorts of #'s could see that our commitment to mitigation strategies was going to be very weak...too many making the sorts of arguments you are still making Joe. Or at least seem to be making.

I actually think, and glean, that you've been personally making responsible choices and doing a solid job of doing your part.

Man,
You are full of turd, its the same self-serving elitist bullcrap that you spout on a daily basis. I don't come off as dismissive of anything. You have made it not enjoyable to post in this particular thread anymore. Again, you live in a fantasy land. Where in the united states can you not receive care at a hospital if you were at the point that you truly needed to to ensure the best chance of your survival? Nowhere that I know of, outside of so mesmall rural areas that luckily can be bailed out by our bigger healthcare systems. What CAN"T you do in your normal life due to an unvaccinated person? Not what you are uncomfortable with, what CAN YOU NOT DO? Are they physically preventing you from meeting a friend for dinner and drinks at a relatively crowded bar if you meet them double-masked, as I am sure you are wont to do. Your double my age and you still can't ascertain WHAT YOU WANT TO BELIEVE IS HAPPENING AND WHAT IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING are two distinctly different things. Life is moving along relatively normally here in NYC and LI, and that DOES NOT mean people are behaving recklessly. I could care less about whatever the hell is going in your fantasy-land of tony neighborhood somewhere outside of Baltimore. Life exists outside of Chuckie's "little circle". You seem to forget that, on a daily basis. Same old FLP fu***ng bullcrap, never ceases to amaze me. :roll:

Joe
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:35 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:25 pm

Thanks.

Joe

All of that has nothing to with the individual's personal risk and 'right's to make an individual decision. We may think it's stupid and selfish not to get vaccinated, but the real point is that it costs all the rest of us who are doing our part to reduce transmission and really bad outcomes...in other words, trying to 'live with it'.

Listen, we heard from Covid deniers that this 'just another flu', would end after maybe a bad flu season, then it was exclaimed that it couldn't possibly take 100k, much less 200k...the latter # was one which many of us thought would actually be a victory and a relief, yet such view was responded to as "fear mongering" as, at the time, it seemed like such an extremely high #...yet those of us predicting at least those sorts of #'s could see that our commitment to mitigation strategies was going to be very weak...too many making the sorts of arguments you are still making Joe. Or at least seem to be making.

Man,
You are full of turd, its the same self-serving elitist bullcrap that you spout on a daily basis. I don't come off as dismissive of anything. You have made it not enjoyable to post in this particular thread anymore. Again, you live in a fantasy land. Where in the united states can you not receive care at a hospital if you were at the point that you truly needed to to ensure the best chance of your survival? Nowhere that I know of, outside of so mesmall rural areas that luckily can be bailed out by our bigger healthcare systems. What CAN"T you do in your normal life due to an unvaccinated person? Not what you are uncomfortable with, what CAN YOU NOT DO? Are they physically preventing you from meeting a friend for dinner and drinks at a relatively crowded bar if you meet them double-masked, as I am sure you are wont to do. Your double my age and you still can't ascertain WHAT YOU WANT TO BELIEVE IS HAPPENING AND WHAT IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING are two distinctly different things. Life is moving along relatively normally here in NYC and LI, and that DOES NOT mean people are behaving recklessly. I could care less about whatever the hell is going in your fantasy-land of tony neighborhood somewhere outside of Baltimore. Life exists outside of Chuckie's "little circle". You seem to forget that, on a daily basis. Same old FLP fu***ng bullcrap, never ceases to amaze me. :roll:

Joe
ok, you're way out of line again, Joe.

The personal stuff isn't necessary, nor does it remotely make you more persuasive in any sense.
If you don't find it "enjoyable", just post in the lax threads.

But if here, why do you feel such a need to exaggerate and scream in all caps, plus all the constant profanity?

None of what you wrote is remotely responsive to my actual points and logic. The closest thing you get to is the wild-eyed denial that we're seeing rationing of care wherever Covid is spiking. But it is and we are.

Thankfully that's not where you are nor where I am, as both areas have relatively high vaccination rates and relatively high mask compliance. And that's the point, we don't need to put such strains on our healthcare system, we really can reduce hospitalizations and deaths as a whole...but only if we do so collectively, get vaccinated, where a mask in a crowd indoors, etc. Pretty simple.

But where that's not happening, we're seeing high death rates and severe strains...and that's all gonna ripple through to us inevitably in our healthcare costs or taxes. That's the point, it's not simply a personal choice, and individual risk. The costs fall on others.

Again, my sense is that you personally are behaving responsibly...I also have zero problem with you focusing on enjoying your life, whether with family or socially, or whatever. Quite the opposite. I want us all to be able to so and have that be safe too.
Typical Lax Dad

JoeMauer89 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:56 pm
or rationality?
Nope, the first one.

Joe

Joe
Who said don't vaccinate? I'm vaccinated, you are as well. Your act is fu**ing tired. The response to everything with you is an extreme. Don't do this, don't do that and watch X number of people die. That's you getting emotional. I'm just pointing out that THIRTY-FOUR Million people have recovered from this virus. Acknowledge that, for once, without lame subtle dry humor. :roll:

Joe
Why bother developing a vaccine?
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:48 pm
tech37 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:04 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:43 am Sure, I was adamantly opposed to Trump in 2016, knew he was a charlatan and a grifter, a cheat in every aspect of his life, a con man. Pretty simple, even if he was running under my party's banner. I expected him to destroy any moral standing the party had to deserve to govern, and this was proven correct again and again. You call that TDS and the "resistance" trying to "destroy" Trump...nope, it was just the horrified belief that he would be a disgrace...which he did all to himself, by being himself. I actually hoped I'd be proven wrong, just predicted that he'd be an egomaniac who would do or say anything to accrue power (money) to himself and those who actually did bootlick and feed at his trough as loyalists.
Whatever. You've delivered this tired screed ad nauseam, for how long now? And there's no discussing anything re Trump with you in your, as I said the other day, confirmation bias with yourself.

I also saw that as potentially a very dangerous seeding of a new form of fascism...again, proven accurate, unfortunately.
Yes, this we can agree upon... Antifa is a scourge that must be eradicated. Dregs of the earth...

But again you reveal yourself with this nonsensical whining so typical of the hard right Trumpist that the "resistance" was trying to destroy Trump, rather than he himself attracted the anger and vitriol due to his being such an actually despicable person. All Presidents face vigorous opposition, and they should, but Trumpists think that any critique of Trump is TDS, that his poop doesn't actually stink really, really bad.
BS. No modern presidency faced the kind of resistance/opposition that Trump and his admin did. You fail to see simply because you agreed with and were a part of the movement. Don't even reply to this...you're wrong.

Riiiiiight, I'm "typical of a whiny hard right Trumpist" and yet I have said Trump should never be allowed to run for elected office of any kind. Solid logic there on your part. :roll:

Did you think I didn't predict that his disastrous response to Covid would cost him in the election? Nope, I said that had he responded effectively, cogently, supportive of the experts, he'd have been in a much greater position to win in November...it was obvious, even perplexing, to me that he was destroying his chances as the spring rolled around and he pivoted to a declaration that it was all done, take the masks off...etc...doomed to fail. Terrible politics, though it did fire up a a portion of the populace, akin to his pandering to white supremacists fired up another segment. A choice...higher intensity, but a minority.

Yep, he did a bad job, said some bad stuff. Nothing I haven't already said.

Or are you saying you voted for Biden over Trump, hopeful for better from him?
I did, first time I've ever voted for D for POTUS. Been voting since 1976. That's a lot of votes.
Or did you vote for Trump despite his idiotic rejection of the medical and public health experts (or maybe even because of it)?
As you know (or certainly should), I did not vote at all. You have a short memory especially since you characteristically scolded re civic duties at some point.

ahhh yes, I don't have a running log of who voted for whom.
A non-vote was a vote for Trump in my book.
and you spend so much energy on defending or deflecting from Trump's responsibility for his own troubles...
Your "non-vote" comment is just dumb, as well as sanctimonious drivel.

OMG... I do not defend Trump (the man) but I certainly criticize and push back on anyone who claims the country is better off under Democrat rule.

and yeah, I'll have criticisms of Biden and his Admin for sure...have mentioned several already in his first year, but on the 'performative' stuff around COVID, yeah, I think he took the far better tack than the blustering fool in the White House at the time.
:roll: "Better tack" is certainly a stretch. They both suck IMHO.

well, ok, I guess they should have promoted whatever Brett tells them... :roll:
Just more... dumb.

:lol: I'm glad to know how deranged you really are, tech.
For all your denials, you sure do whine like the typical Trumpist.

Ohh woe is me, those nasty 'resistance' people never ever treated anyone rough. :roll:
Seriously, you actually believe that drivel? (oh yeah, you really do...)

Much less like the dirt ball, con man, cheat, egotistical idiot that he actually is...ohh my...someone told the truth about him. the "resistance"...so unfair...

Man, if you actually think he didn't deserve to ever run again, how can you miss that we simply knew what a POS he really is? Or do you think the "resistance" made him this way?

Anti-fascists = fascists...more bizarro world logic.
You are so blinded by your hatred for Trump that you can't grasp the reality that millions of voters supported Trump because they approved of his policies (like border security) &, despite his shortcomings, still preferred him to the alternative.

Do you consider Liz Cheney a racist, authoritarian Trumpist ? She still acknowledges that she supported & voted for Trump (twice, despite his faults), & voted for 93% of the legislation he endorsed, because she agreed with his policies & preferred him to the alternative.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Guess you sister must have graduated from the 8th grade ;) or makes good coffee......stay hating, you're REALLY good at it. russia...is back.

and STILL no answer from AFAN........classless.

How is a covid survivor, with natural immunity, a threat to anyone? You parents, afan
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Ohh woe is me, those nasty 'resistance' people never ever treated anyone rough. :roll:
Good lord...what a lame response. :roll:

Much less like the dirt ball, con man, cheat, egotistical idiot that he actually is...ohh my...someone told the truth about him. the "resistance"...so unfair...

Man, if you actually think he didn't deserve to ever run again, how can you miss that we simply knew what a POS he really is? Or do you think the "resistance" made him this way?
I suggest... if you ever want to continue this dead end conversation in a PM, do so. Otherwise, we've hijacked this thread far too long already.

If you truly believe "Antifa" is anything other than a deceitful misnomer, you really need to start paying attention.
[/quote]
tech37

Post by tech37 »

:roll:
Last edited by tech37 on Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:42 am
JoeMauer89 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:56 pm
or rationality?
Nope, the first one.

Joe

Joe

Joe
Why bother developing a vaccine?
you mean TRUMPS vaccine........emergency to boot. You took Trumps vaccine :lol: :lol:

love the spike protein stories , about variants, etc. Johnson and Johnson does not work that way. Anyone have the exact numbers of J & J vaccines, here in the USA
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

tech37 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:14 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:02 pm
tech37 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:04 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:43 am Sure, I was adamantly opposed to Trump in 2016, knew he was a charlatan and a grifter, a cheat in every aspect of his life, a con man. Pretty simple, even if he was running under my party's banner. I expected him to destroy any moral standing the party had to deserve to govern, and this was proven correct again and again. You call that TDS and the "resistance" trying to "destroy" Trump...nope, it was just the horrified belief that he would be a disgrace...which he did all to himself, by being himself. I actually hoped I'd be proven wrong, just predicted that he'd be an egomaniac who would do or say anything to accrue power (money) to himself and those who actually did bootlick and feed at his trough as loyalists.
Whatever. You've delivered this tired screed ad nauseam, for how long now? And there's no discussing anything re Trump with you in your, as I said the other day, confirmation bias with yourself.

I also saw that as potentially a very dangerous seeding of a new form of fascism...again, proven accurate, unfortunately.
Yes, this we can agree upon... Antifa is a scourge that must be eradicated. Dregs of the earth...

But again you reveal yourself with this nonsensical whining so typical of the hard right Trumpist that the "resistance" was trying to destroy Trump, rather than he himself attracted the anger and vitriol due to his being such an actually despicable person. All Presidents face vigorous opposition, and they should, but Trumpists think that any critique of Trump is TDS, that his poop doesn't actually stink really, really bad.
BS. No modern presidency faced the kind of resistance/opposition that Trump and his admin did. You fail to see simply because you agreed with and were a part of the movement. Don't even reply to this...you're wrong.

Riiiiiight, I'm "typical of a whiny hard right Trumpist" and yet I have said Trump should never be allowed to run for elected office of any kind. Solid logic there on your part. :roll:

Did you think I didn't predict that his disastrous response to Covid would cost him in the election? Nope, I said that had he responded effectively, cogently, supportive of the experts, he'd have been in a much greater position to win in November...it was obvious, even perplexing, to me that he was destroying his chances as the spring rolled around and he pivoted to a declaration that it was all done, take the masks off...etc...doomed to fail. Terrible politics, though it did fire up a a portion of the populace, akin to his pandering to white supremacists fired up another segment. A choice...higher intensity, but a minority.

Yep, he did a bad job, said some bad stuff. Nothing I haven't already said.

Or are you saying you voted for Biden over Trump, hopeful for better from him?
I did, first time I've ever voted for D for POTUS. Been voting since 1976. That's a lot of votes.
Or did you vote for Trump despite his idiotic rejection of the medical and public health experts (or maybe even because of it)?
As you know (or certainly should), I did not vote at all. You have a short memory especially since you characteristically scolded re civic duties at some point.

ahhh yes, I don't have a running log of who voted for whom.
A non-vote was a vote for Trump in my book.
and you spend so much energy on defending or deflecting from Trump's responsibility for his own troubles...
Your "non-vote" comment is just dumb, as well as sanctimonious drivel.

OMG... I do not defend Trump (the man) but I certainly criticize and push back on anyone who claims the country is better off under Democrat rule.

and yeah, I'll have criticisms of Biden and his Admin for sure...have mentioned several already in his first year, but on the 'performative' stuff around COVID, yeah, I think he took the far better tack than the blustering fool in the White House at the time.
:roll: "Better tack" is certainly a stretch. They both suck IMHO.

well, ok, I guess they should have promoted whatever Brett tells them... :roll:
Just more... dumb.

Anti-racist = racists…notice the pattern?
[/quote]
Great post Chester :roll:
[/quote]

was mdlaxfan such a "presence" on laxpower.............

Return to “POLITICS”