Fall Ball

D1 Womens Lacrosse
suffolk

Re: Fall Ball

Post by suffolk »

I don't see any thing special about Duke's lacrosse stadium. The main campus is beautiful, the stadium is just okay.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

DMac wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:48 am https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oi84maqHgxg
So this one can't be nice because in your opinion UNC's and Duke's is nicer?
What absolute nonsense. The Dome is not a nice stadium? Methinks you forgot
the IMO. Tell me more about that in February. For you folks who have never
been there, take it from one who rarely (rarely might be understating) missed
a mlax game since the mid 80s. It's a great place to watch a game and a nice
stadium....they even sell beer there. :D
Great. It's still a POS....IMO

Not to mention playing lacrosse inside is stupid unless it's 100% necessary. I've been there plenty back in the 80s and 90s for men's games. Was a great atmosphere. But we're talking about women's stadiums here. The atmosphere for men's games doesn't mean it's a good place for women's lacrosse which never generates that kind of crowd and is just a cavernous mostly empty dome. I feel the same way with the MD men. There have been some great men's games at Byrd(MD Stadium as they call it now) but having 11k people in a 50k seat stadium is not conducive to a good game day experience.
DMac

Post by DMac »

There ya go, there's that IMO. If I'm you, I'm not going to any wlax games there, that's for sure.
Who wants to go hang out in a POS (just laughable) and watch a little wlax when you can make the short trip to Schoellkopf and watch the ladies in Red play in light snow and twelve degree temps. Enjoy.
You don't like the place, I get it, but you're way off base and spreading garbage with you POS nonsense.
Let me see if I've got it right. The place is too big, so rather than playing in there they should go out and
play in the elements because it feels more cozy to you. Have I got it?
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

DMac wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:24 pm There ya go, there's that IMO. If I'm you, I'm not going to any wlax games there, that's for sure.
Who wants to go hang out in a POS (just laughable) and watch a little wlax when you can make the short trip to Schoellkopf and watch the ladies in Red play in light snow and twelve degree temps. Enjoy.
You don't like the place, I get it, but you're way off base and spreading garbage with you POS nonsense.
Let me see if I've got it right. The place is too big, so rather than playing in there they should go out and
Absolutely. Lacrosse is a sport meant to be played outside in the elements. I am fine with having some early season games inside as NW does.

Plenty of programs move games indoors when needed but there's no reason to have a full time indoor stadium for lacrosse.

And other than selling beer there what exactly do you think makes the dome a nice facility?
Fischer

Post by Fischer »

DMac wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:48 am https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oi84maqHgxg
So this one can't be nice because in your opinion UNC's and Duke's is nicer?
What absolute nonsense. The Dome is not a nice stadium? Methinks you forgot
the IMO. Tell me more about that in February. For you folks who have never
been there, take it from one who rarely (rarely might be understating) missed
a mlax game since the mid 80s. It's a great place to watch a game and a nice
stadium....they even sell beer there. :D
dmac!!! Yes the dome is great. Nothing like it. This stadium Pitt will play in is awesome. Great view. On the river And it sells beeer 😉
DMac

Post by DMac »

hmmm wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:28 pm
DMac wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:24 pm There ya go, there's that IMO. If I'm you, I'm not going to any wlax games there, that's for sure.
Absolutely. Lacrosse is a sport meant to be played outside in the elements. I am fine with having some early season games inside as NW does.
I was a couple of decades long hard core Hobart fan before moving to Syracuse, have watched plenty of games in the rain, snow, and chilly (putting it mildly) temps at the Boz. Many of the same experiences at Schoellkopf too. I used to knock the Dome too because of the indoor aspect but I never called it a POS. You're out of line with that, it's hardly a POS.

Plenty of programs move games indoors when needed but there's no reason to have a full time indoor stadium for lacrosse.
The Dome is not a full time indoor stadium for lacrosse, it's an indoor stadium where football, basketball and both m and w lacrosse is played. I guess the wlaxers just take advantage of it and like to play their games there. Whole lot of people like the place and I believe there are a lot of teams that look forward to come and play in the Dome, awful lot of history there. Can't please all the people all the time and you are evidence of that.

And other than selling beer there what exactly do you think makes the dome a nice facility?
I don't care if they sell beer there or not, probably nice for those who would like to have a beer or two while watching the game though. Nice field, perfect playing conditions, not a bad seat in the house. There's a nice history on the walls too...oh, and I like the eleven NC Champs (mlax) banners hanging from the rafters too.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

DMac wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:13 pm
I was a couple of decades long hard core Hobart fan before moving to Syracuse, have watched plenty of games in the rain, snow, and chilly (putting it mildly) temps at the Boz. Many of the same experiences at Schoellkopf too. I used to knock the Dome too because of the indoor aspect but I never called it a POS. You're out of line with that, it's hardly a POS.

The Dome is not a full time indoor stadium for lacrosse, it's an indoor stadium where football, basketball and both m and w lacrosse is played. I guess the wlaxers just take advantage of it and like to play their games there. Whole lot of people like the place and I believe there are a lot of teams that look forward to come and play in the Dome, awful lot of history there. Can't please all the people all the time and you are evidence of that.

I don't care if they sell beer there or not, probably nice for those who would like to have a beer or two while watching the game though. Nice field, perfect playing conditions, not a bad seat in the house. There's a nice history on the walls too...oh, and I like the eleven NC Champs (mlax) banners hanging from the rafters too.
You keep referencing Men's Lacrosse. This is the women's lacrosse board. There is nothing enticing about going to watch a women's lacrosse game inside the dome. Nothing at all. The OP acted like the dome was the #1 facility in the ACC for women's lacrosse. I find that opinion laughable. Anyone that says that quite simply hasn't been to a game at any of the other ACC facilities.

IMO
DMac

Post by DMac »

Well, you started off by having to tell us that Duke's and UNC's outdoor facilities are nicer than Cuse's so it doesn't much matter what is said about Cuse and its facilities, you're here to knock them.
You then followed with the Dome isn't a nice stadium (forgetting the IMO) with no mention of for watching wlax. You're telling folks the place is a POS regardless of what game/sport their watching. You should simply say I don't like the place and that's that.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

DMac wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:45 pm Well, you started off by having to tell us that Duke's and UNC's outdoor facilities are nicer than Cuse's so it doesn't much matter what is said about Cuse and its facilities, you're here to knock them.
You then followed with the Dome isn't a nice stadium (forgetting the IMO) with no mention of for watching wlax. You're telling folks the place is a POS regardless of what game/sport their watching. You should simply say I don't like the place and that's that.
Well since my response was to a post about the nicest women's lacrosse facilities in the ACC I didn't think I needed to specify that I was referring to women's lacrosse facilities in the ACC......

I love watching men's games at homewood too but doesn't change the fact that the actual stadium is a POS.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Man, you've got to figure I'm blind and doing this by braille and can't see the pictures, or that I'm a complete phukn idiot.
This is what was posted along with the pictures
Nicest stadium in the ACC next to the dome.
Say anything about wlax there? You figure only wlax is played there?
Nope, Homewood is not the nicest of stadiums, that we can agree on.
Fischer

Post by Fischer »

hmmm wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:32 pm

You keep referencing Men's Lacrosse. This is the women's lacrosse board. There is nothing enticing about going to watch a women's lacrosse game inside the dome. Nothing at all. The OP acted like the dome was the #1 facility in the ACC for women's lacrosse. I find that opinion laughable. Anyone that says that quite simply hasn't been to a game at any of the other ACC facilities.

IMO
Actually I have been to every one. You’re quite arrogant
I had a daughter play in the dome for four years. So IMO the dome is a great place to watch a game. IMO
And IMO a field on the river with a view of the city and bridges is quite nice. IMO
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

DMac wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:43 pm Man, you've got to figure I'm blind and doing this by braille and can't see the pictures, or that I'm a complete phukn idiot.
This is what was posted along with the pictures
Nicest stadium in the ACC next to the dome.
Say anything about wlax there? You figure only wlax is played there?
Umm. He posted a pic of Pitt's lacrosse stadium(Pitt only has women's lacrosse) on the Women's lacrosse board. It's not that large of a jump my man.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Fischer wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:48 pm

IMO
I had a daughter play in the dome for four years. So IMO the dome is a great place to watch a game. IMO
And IMO a field on the river with a view of the city and bridges is quite nice. IMO
Didn't say it wasn't nice. Just said that a field immediately surrounded by chain link fence in downtown Pittsburgh isn't nicer than UNC, UVA, Duke or ND's stadiums. It is a nice view. And I think PNC is a great park. Nothing against Pittsburgh or the stadium.

And it shouldn't come as a surprise that most people think the dome is a terrible facility for women's lacrosse unless they are from upstate NY or had a daughter play there. It was so nice that the Florida game was played outside in the NCAA's last year. **Edit: This last sentence was a statement that is was great that the game was played outside not a sarcastic expression of the dome being so bad that they moved it outside. Apparently that was causing confusion

IMO
Last edited by hmmm on Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fischer

Post by Fischer »

hmmm wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:10 pm

IMO
Didn't say it wasn't nice. Just said that a field immediately surrounded by chain link fence in downtown Pittsburgh isn't nicer than UNC, UVA, Duke or ND's stadiums. It is a nice view. And I think PNC is a great park. Nothing against Pittsburgh or the stadium.

And it shouldn't come as a surprise that most people think the dome is a terrible facility for women's lacrosse unless they are from upstate NY or had a daughter play there. It was so nice that the Florida game was played outside in the NCAA's last year.

IMO
First of all it’s not PNC Park so do your homework and second of all The dome was being use that day for another function which is why they played outside on the women’s soccer field And the girls were not happy about it. so again do your homework homework
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Fischer wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:16 pm

IMO

And it shouldn't come as a surprise that most people think the dome is a terrible facility for women's lacrosse unless they are from upstate NY or had a daughter play there. It was so nice that the Florida game was played outside in the NCAA's last year.

IMO
First of all it’s not PNC Park so do your homework and second of all The dome was being use that day for another function which is why they played outside on the women’s soccer field And the girls were not happy about it. so again do your homework homework
I'm fully aware why the game was outside. The only people that weren't happy about it were affiliated with Syracuse.

And I was referring to the baseball stadium which most definitely still is PNC Park.
Fischer

Post by Fischer »

hmmm wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:23 pm

IMO

IMO
I'm fully aware why the game was outside. The only people that weren't happy about it were affiliated with Syracuse.

And I was referring to the baseball stadium which most definitely still is PNC Park.
Ok but the pic in question wasn’t pnc. It was highmark stadium
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Fischer wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:38 pm
hmmm wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:23 pm

IMO

IMO

Ok but the pic in question wasn’t pnc. It was highmark stadium
OMG. Yes, I'm aware of what the picture was. My point was that area is nice and the baseball stadium is beautiful. Making my point that I wasn't trashing the Pitt lacrosse facility.
DMac

Post by DMac »

It was so nice that the Florida game was played outside in the NCAA's last year.
Right, this sounds like a person who is recognizing why the game was played outside.
Your mission was to come on and be an a*hole today. Mission accomplished.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

DMac wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:43 pm
But there is a nice one up the block...I know, not ACC.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Dr. Tact wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:25 pm
DMac wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:43 pm
But there is a nice one up the block...I know, not ACC.
Ridley is a nice stadium but the radio and tv towers always make me worry i'm getting cancer the whole time I'm there. lol

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”