Transfer Portal

D1 Womens Lacrosse
OuttaNowhereWregget

Vanderbilt!

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Three Cardinals move over the border. Defenders Taylor and Ashley Sampone sophomores, and Megan Mangines Jr midfielder have transferred from Louisville to Vanderbilt.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CS7W9Q8rzR0 ... _copy_link
@inthe8m

Re: Vanderbilt!

Post by @inthe8m »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:23 pm Three Cardinals move over the border. Defenders Taylor and Ashley Sampone sophomores, and Megan Mangines Jr midfielder have transferred from Louisville to Vanderbilt.

Interesting. The Sampone twins played a lot as FR for Louisville. As I recall, both are very aggressive D players. They certainly upgraded in the degree value department going from Louisville to Vandy. Mangines was a FOGO for Louisville and not all that great of a FOGO from what I recall. I have heard that Louisville continues to have team culture issues even after the coaching change. So, that might explain three players transferring out to Vandy.
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself.
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

@inthe8m wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:33 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:23 pm Three Cardinals move over the border. Defenders Taylor and Ashley Sampone sophomores, and Megan Mangines Jr midfielder have transferred from Louisville to Vanderbilt.

Interesting. The Sampone twins played a lot as FR for Louisville. As I recall, both are very aggressive D players. They certainly upgraded in the degree value department going from Louisville to Vandy. Mangines was a FOGO for Louisville and not all that great of a FOGO from what I recall. I have heard that Louisville continues to have team culture issues even after the coaching change. So, that might explain three players transferring out to Vandy.
Scott Teeter hasn't been at Louisville that long. What are these Cultural issues that are there? Does anyone really know?
@inthe8m

Post by @inthe8m »

LarryGamLax wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:51 pm
@inthe8m wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:33 pm

Scott Teeter hasn't been at Louisville that long. What are these Cultural issues that are there? Does anyone really know?
From the Louisville WLAX website ... "Scott Teeter is in his fifth year as head coach of the University of Louisville women's lacrosse team."

He has been there long enough to change the team culture. I will admit that it was a pretty low bar to begin with so it is possible that he has improved it.
glaxer24

Re: Transfer Portal

Post by glaxer24 »

Courtney Taylor, Temple -> BC
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

glaxer24 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:15 pm Courtney Taylor, Temple -> BC
Mayiam, I'll take "It's Obvious" for $500
The answer is : "It wasn't going to happen at Temple, so take the most direct route"
The Question : "What is Ring Chasing?"
Mayiam : "Correct, Select".
OuttaNowhereWregget

The answer might already be in this topic someplace but I just wanted to quickly ask:

If a player puts her name in the portal, can she withdraw it and just stay with her current team if she isn’t interested in the teams that reach out to her?
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:11 pm The answer might already be in this topic someplace but I just wanted to quickly ask:

If a player puts her name in the portal, can she withdraw it and just stay with her current team if she isn’t interested in the teams that reach out to her?
I know you have to ask the school to enter the portal. I am not sure if you are released from your current position on the team but I do know of players who entered the portal and ended up staying at the same school. It might be a little uncomfortable after that.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Brownlax wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:17 pm It might be a little uncomfortable after that.
Because it gets published and becomes common knowledge with the coaching staff and teammates?
Cagekeeper

Post by Cagekeeper »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:11 pm The answer might already be in this topic someplace but I just wanted to quickly ask:

Yes they can. I know girls that stayed. It’s a risk. I would assume some coaches may not want you back. And you do have to sign something about giving up scholarships
OuttaNowhereWregget

Cagekeeper wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:12 pm

Yes they can. I know girls that stayed. It’s a risk. I would assume some coaches may not want you back. And you do have to sign something about giving up scholarships
Wow – I didn’t realize how risky it was. So that means you really have to do your homework before you put your name in there. And you can’t get your scholarship back if you decide to stay?
Cagekeeper

Post by Cagekeeper »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:15 pm

Wow – I didn’t realize how risky it was. So that means you really have to do your homework before you put your name in there. And you can’t get your scholarship back if you decide to stay?
it’s a process. You can’t talk or contact coaches until you enter. But you don’t know if anyone else wants you. I think more players may but tbh it seems easier to just stay
You sign a release of any athletic money. If you get academic aid and go back that stays
OuttaNowhereWregget

Cagekeeper wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:21 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:15 pm

it’s a process. You can’t talk or contact coaches until you enter. But you don’t know if anyone else wants you. I think more players may but tbh it seems easier to just stay
You sign a release of any athletic money. If you get academic aid and go back that stays
Thanks for the education—you and Brownlax. All very interesting.
laxstan8

Post by laxstan8 »

Senior attacker Erin Bakes from USC is transferring to Georgetown in Spring 2022.
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

laxstan8 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:00 pm Senior attacker Erin Bakes from USC is transferring to Georgetown in Spring 2022.

Played in games, but was pretty much a reserve player for her career.
glaxer24

Post by glaxer24 »

laxstan8 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:00 pm Senior attacker Erin Bakes from USC is transferring to Georgetown in Spring 2022.
Interesting! I wondered where she was going after I saw that she wasn’t on USC’s 2022 roster. Any idea why she is transferring in the spring?
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

glaxer24 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:48 pm
Interesting! I wondered where she was going after I saw that she wasn’t on USC’s 2022 roster. Any idea why she is transferring in the spring?
In her own announcement she said she’s graduating a semester early from USC and pursuing a Masters in Public Relations. USC offers that as well, but maybe she just wanted a change? Maybe she wants a career in politics? Her brother lives and works in DC as well.
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:22 pm
In her own announcement she said she’s graduating a semester early from USC and pursuing a Masters in Public Relations. USC offers that as well, but maybe she just wanted a change? Maybe she wants a career in politics? Her brother lives and works in DC as well.
i remember she was a very highly rated recruit coming out of HS, maybe top 5. I believe she will have 2 years avail at Georgetown because of covid year.
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

8meterPA wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:11 pm
i remember she was a very highly rated recruit coming out of HS, maybe top 5. I believe she will have 2 years avail at Georgetown because of covid year.

Top 5 of what? I would find it hard to believe that a Top 5 recruit goes to USC and is pretty much a reserve player much of her career. Show me the rankings from when she was in HS.
moonwater21

Post by moonwater21 »

LarryGamLax wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:25 pm
8meterPA wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:11 pm

Top 5 of what? I would find it hard to believe that a Top 5 recruit goes to USC and is pretty much a reserve player much of her career. Show me the rankings from when she was in HS.
This is true, Larry. Erin was ranked #2 in her class (2018), just behind UNC's Elizabeth Hillman. Just goes to show you that individual rankings aren't everything coming out of high school. I lost a little faith in said rankings when I found out Emma Ward was ranked what... #41 in her class? Turned out to be one of the top 2-3 freshman last year.

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/recruiti ... sition=all

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”