All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

JoeMauer89

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by JoeMauer89 »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:19 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:35 pm
wgdsr wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:26 pm
jhu72 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:13 pm The clinical difference between the vaccinated and unvaccinated. Clears up a misimpression of the unvaccinated and the the right wing blogosphere.
this guy's an er doctor, not an epidemiologist.
Is this the guy?

Craig Spencer MD MPH is the Director of Global Health in Emergency Medicine at New York-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center. He currently divides his time between providing clinical care in New York and working internationally in public health. He has worked in Africa and Southeast Asia as a field epidemiologist on numerous projects examining access to medical care and human rights, including measuring mortality and maternal health in Burundi, access to legal documentation in Indonesia, child separation in emergencies in D.R. Congo and South Sudan, and coordinating Doctors Without Borders national epidemiological response in Guinea during the Ebola outbreak. In addition to his international public health work, Craig has provided medical care in the Caribbean, Central America, West Africa and most recently with Doctors Without Borders in Burundi, East Africa and on a medical search and rescue boat in the Mediterranean. In 2019, he was elected to the Board of Directors for Doctors Without Borders USA.

He's been rather extremist throughout this whole pandemic. Instead of reminding people basic things they can do to increase their overall level of health so that if they do contract covid (If they happen to be unvaccinated), they increase their chances of being able to handle whatever the virus throws at them. Spends majority of his time shaming, instead of focusing on vaccine outreach, basic hygiene advice and things of the like, there's ton of people in the medical profession that MANY people would trust before him. What's next, Dr. Leana Wen is the voice of the reason? :lol: The former head of planned parenthood with so much skeletons in her closet it would make frankenstein turd his pants...That lady is SO out of touch with reality it's actually sad. Or she knows exactly what she is doing and continues to further her agenda, which is entirely worse!

Joe
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:13 pm The clinical difference between the vaccinated and unvaccinated. Clears up a misimpression of the unvaccinated and the the right wing blogosphere.
Ask the barista at Starbucks what “they” think.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

How do we feel about this email I just got tonight? It was a reply to another generic email to our class from the class parents about a gift card or whatever. Pretty aggressive, but his kid and third case in class since 8/6. Because it's his kid I'll give him a pass, but it reeks a little to me. Personally, say what you want to say, find another educational outlet or shut up. If it was done without a sick kid I'd reply either "please unsubscribe" or "STFU" because it wouldn't be appropriate IMO.

If anything I think the lazy text and blast email system is too much, weak form, communication from what I've observed. And the little stuff that could be rolled up or not sent could be avoided to allow us to focus on major/important matters to me.

Hi fellow parents,

There is very limited information flowing about covid and contagion at Mary Lin/APS. I have strong opinions about it, so I wanted to let you know that our son, xxxxx, tested positive for covid today. He had a fever last night and most of the day, but he seems otherwise strong and in good spirits.

I think (I hope I'm wrong) that you won't hear about it through any other channel. Our guess is that he got it at school, although there is no way to know it for sure. He also attended school until yesterday and unfortunately, he might have been playing, sitting, or having lunch next to your son or daughter.

I hope you and your families are in good health. I just wanted to give you the information that I think you would need in order to be cautious with your health and those around you.

Have a good night,
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:37 pm How do we feel about this email I just got tonight? It was a reply to another generic email to our class from the class parents about a gift card or whatever. Pretty aggressive, but his kid and third case in class since 8/6. Because it's his kid I'll give him a pass, but it reeks a little to me. Personally, say what you want to say, find another educational outlet or shut up. If it was done without a sick kid I'd reply either "please unsubscribe" or "STFU" because it wouldn't be appropriate IMO.

If anything I think the lazy text and blast email system is too much, weak form, communication from what I've observed. And the little stuff that could be rolled up or not sent could be avoided to allow us to focus on major/important matters to me.

Hi fellow parents,

There is very limited information flowing about covid and contagion at Mary Lin/APS. I have strong opinions about it, so I wanted to let you know that our son, xxxxx, tested positive for covid today. He had a fever last night and most of the day, but he seems otherwise strong and in good spirits.

I think (I hope I'm wrong) that you won't hear about it through any other channel. Our guess is that he got it at school, although there is no way to know it for sure. He also attended school until yesterday and unfortunately, he might have been playing, sitting, or having lunch next to your son or daughter.

I hope you and your families are in good health. I just wanted to give you the information that I think you would need in order to be cautious with your health and those around you.

Have a good night,
Looked this dad up -google ya know.

PhD in something physics related from Madrid (my spanish blows but Condensed Matte(r?) Phsyics best I can tell. Then a bunch of bs that I can see through in resume/linkedin inflation (executive leadership programs to drop university names into a CV, etc, as if full time programs which I know in two cases are not what they are), director of fraud analytics for a spanish bank being acquired by PNC currently so his gig is probably at risk as a expense synergy. Can't tell if he's angry and probably has a lot on his plate as well as his kid being sick but for you jackals to tear apart here was my respons when I woke up a little while ago (the only change is I am using my son's name as the outside world sees him and felt appropriate since he's clearly in my mold only better than his father vs. the one on his birth certificate):

Very sorry to hear about your son. Having experienced the communication aspect of this virus with our son, Pimp Daddy Jr, who is in 3rd grade and has had two cases in his class to date, he and our daughter have been fine subsequent to those incidents to date and we know they test daily, I’ve found they do communicate fairly well in a timely fashion in these situations. Appreciate your notification and would be happy to provide any personal assistance if and when I can to you and your family – you have our information here.

Conversely I would personally suggest we collectively remain empirically skeptical but trusting as such a breakdown of trust can have potentially deleterious affects on our children and at least allow for the morning testing and operating process at the school before drawing any conclusions and acting on such. We’re certainly working with limited and statistically insignificant data with respect to this situation and our kids physical attendance back at school. This will continue to be my approach, as it has been, while having only empathy and a desire to be helpful to any whom I can that are victims of this virus.

With respect to administrative considerations, I’m sure this situation with the mother of the 3rd grade teacher requesting special treatment for her daughter based on a internal and unofficial benefit conferred to children of faculty, that elevated the mistake made by the Mary Lin administration executed in the fall of 2020 to a national level, and with a focus on the best interests of the certain very tiny cohort of children, is creating a tremendous distraction at a time when we need all the education professionals to be laser like focused on our children’s health and education in this time of global stress. That’s where our family’s will continue to monitor for it’s long term implications. (We have come to understand and noted that this “agent of change” was requesting special treatment for her daughter while her personal business aftercare school program was at risk for longer than this concern has existed, in the face of the heart of this viral crisis, as well as risk to her husbands not educator position within the school striking this parent as a context that should be broadly understood with respect to evaluating the work of the faculty staff and principal)

Regards,
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

~50% of unvaccinated have an access problem. Seems this is a problem Biden administration could be working harder to address. These are people living on the margins of society, largely.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:14 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:37 pm How do we feel about this email I just got tonight? It was a reply to another generic email to our class from the class parents about a gift card or whatever. Pretty aggressive, but his kid and third case in class since 8/6. Because it's his kid I'll give him a pass, but it reeks a little to me. Personally, say what you want to say, find another educational outlet or shut up. If it was done without a sick kid I'd reply either "please unsubscribe" or "STFU" because it wouldn't be appropriate IMO.

Hi fellow parents,

Have a good night,

PhD in something physics related from Madrid (my spanish blows but Condensed Matte(r?) Phsyics best I can tell. Then a bunch of bs that I can see through in resume/linkedin inflation (executive leadership programs to drop university names into a CV, etc, as if full time programs which I know in two cases are not what they are), director of fraud analytics for a spanish bank being acquired by PNC currently so his gig is probably at risk as a expense synergy. Can't tell if he's angry and probably has a lot on his plate as well as his kid being sick but for you jackals to tear apart here was my respons when I woke up a little while ago (the only change is I am using my son's name as the outside world sees him and felt appropriate since he's clearly in my mold only better than his father vs. the one on his birth certificate):

Very sorry to hear about your son. Having experienced the communication aspect of this virus with our son, Pimp Daddy Jr, who is in 3rd grade and has had two cases in his class to date, he and our daughter have been fine subsequent to those incidents to date and we know they test daily, I’ve found they do communicate fairly well in a timely fashion in these situations. Appreciate your notification and would be happy to provide any personal assistance if and when I can to you and your family – you have our information here.

Conversely I would personally suggest we collectively remain empirically skeptical but trusting as such a breakdown of trust can have potentially deleterious affects on our children and at least allow for the morning testing and operating process at the school before drawing any conclusions and acting on such. We’re certainly working with limited and statistically insignificant data with respect to this situation and our kids physical attendance back at school. This will continue to be my approach, as it has been, while having only empathy and a desire to be helpful to any whom I can that are victims of this virus.

With respect to administrative considerations, I’m sure this situation with the mother of the 3rd grade teacher requesting special treatment for her daughter based on a internal and unofficial benefit conferred to children of faculty, that elevated the mistake made by the Mary Lin administration executed in the fall of 2020 to a national level, and with a focus on the best interests of the certain very tiny cohort of children, is creating a tremendous distraction at a time when we need all the education professionals to be laser like focused on our children’s health and education in this time of global stress. That’s where our family’s will continue to monitor for it’s long term implications. (We have come to understand and noted that this “agent of change” was requesting special treatment for her daughter while her personal business aftercare school program was at risk for longer than this concern has existed, in the face of the heart of this viral crisis, as well as risk to her husbands not educator position within the school striking this parent as a context that should be broadly understood with respect to evaluating the work of the faculty staff and principal)

Regards,
Condensed Matter Physics is a legitimate discipline. Best known for the study of nuclear fusion. This is just a small part of the discipline however.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:22 pm
gee.....hating on a "go getter" PhD student at MIT.......so they can make a little extra money.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

seems many ( ) :arrow: :mrgreen:
Last edited by runrussellrun on Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:07 am

Hi fellow parents,

Have a good night,

Regards,
Condensed Matter Physics is a legitimate discipline. Best known for the study of nuclear fusion. This is just a small part of the discipline however.
Thanks.

The guy is a fraud analyst for BBVA Compass, so not really doing what he studied in Madrid but had UT Austin at top then I see (specifc company executive leader program, other stuff like that fluffing his resume and obfuscating his actual chops). Compass is sold to PNC so he's probably worrying about his gig. There's going to be overlap there.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Anti-viral drug Molnupiravir, is starting to get a lot of press (example article). The right wing blogosphere has claimed it is the same as Ivermectin. One would guess this conspiracy theory arose because Merck has developed both and Merck started talking about Molnupiravir at a time when they were making it clear Ivermectin would not help against COVID. Of course the only possible reason for this would be that they wanted to charge more for the same drug.

The two drugs are very different. Their chemical formulations are very different as are their physical properties.

Molnupiravir formula: C(13)H(19)N(3)O(7)
Ivermectin formula: C(48)H(74)O(14)

Ivermectin molar mass is about 2.5 times that of Molnupiravir.

Note that Rick Bright who filed a whistleblower complaint against the Trump administration for cronyism in their recommendation of Hydroxychloroquine, at the same time filed a whistleblower complaint against the government (Trump) funding of Molnupiravir, stressing safety concerns. Bright's role may also have played into the conspiracy theory regarding what the drug Molunupiravir is, based on the belief that Bright was a never Trumper, when in fact he is just a scientist.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

https://time.com/5777541/coronavirus-cr ... la-doctor/
Spencer stresses that influenza is far deadlier than the coronavirus. The flu has killed up to 61,000 people annually since 2010, according to the CDC. But Spencer understands the grip fear can have on a person, because he's experienced it himself.

"It's easy for us to focus on the unknown," he says.

hmmm... doesn't seem all that up for social distancing/isolation either. and the flu? that's not even original!! this guy could've led our response at the outset!!

maybe him and the barista were at the same vending machine getting their diploma from the last of the cracker jack boxes!

#amidoingthisrite?
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:28 am
Spencer stresses that influenza is far deadlier than the coronavirus. The flu has killed up to 61,000 people annually since 2010, according to the CDC. But Spencer understands the grip fear can have on a person, because he's experienced it himself.

hmmm... doesn't seem all that up for social distancing/isolation either. and the flu? that's not even original!! this guy could've led our response at the outset!!

maybe him and the barista were at the same vending machine getting their diploma from the last of the cracker jack boxes!

#amidoingthisrite?
Are you suggesting that it’s not ok to ask a Barista?
“I wish you would!”
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

[t make ones investment portfolio bigger.
Last edited by runrussellrun on Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:38 am

#amidoingthisrite?
i'm suggesting maybe he's your barista. that's what we're doing here, correct?
Last edited by wgdsr on Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:19 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:35 pm
Is this the guy?

Craig Spencer MD MPH is the Director of Global Health in Emergency Medicine at New York-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center. He currently divides his time between providing clinical care in New York and working internationally in public health. He has worked in Africa and Southeast Asia as a field epidemiologist on numerous projects examining access to medical care and human rights, including measuring mortality and maternal health in Burundi, access to legal documentation in Indonesia, child separation in emergencies in D.R. Congo and South Sudan, and coordinating Doctors Without Borders national epidemiological response in Guinea during the Ebola outbreak. In addition to his international public health work, Craig has provided medical care in the Caribbean, Central America, West Africa and most recently with Doctors Without Borders in Burundi, East Africa and on a medical search and rescue boat in the Mediterranean. In 2019, he was elected to the Board of Directors for Doctors Without Borders USA.
He's been rather extremist throughout this whole pandemic. Instead of reminding people basic things they can do to increase their overall level of health so that if they do contract covid, they do contract CV-19, the increase their chances of being able to handle whatever the virus throws at them. Spends majority of his time shaming, instead of focusing on vaccine outreach, basic hygience advice and things of the like, there's ton of people in the medical profession that MANY people would trust before him. What's next, Dr. Leana Wen is the voice of the reason? :lol: The former head of planned parenthood with some much skeletons in her closet it would make frankenstein turd his pants...That lady is SO out of touch with reality it's actually said. Or she knows exactly what she is doing and continues to further her agenda, which is entirely worse!

Joe
I find Wen one of the most cogent communicators, something actually missing at times from each of these Admins. The Admin people tend to be too layered in their communication, too many caveats, for most people to understand what they're actually saying in simple terms. I think she's been off at times, but one of the better communicators. Not sure what nefarious "agenda" you think she has. "skeletons"???

I don't know much about Spencer, I was simply responding to the notion that he's an ER doc, not an epidemiologist...not 100% correct.

Sounds like you know more about his communication than I do. What aspect of what he's said or written has been "extremist"???

I know you hate it when it's pointed out that we have been in the midst of the worst pandemic in US History, now eclipsing 1918 flu. At what point along the way were alarm bells about that coming reality "extremist"?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

[ diploma the'st of the crac]\r jack ]\xes!
sto[.
Last edited by runrussellrun on Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:51 am
jhu72 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:07 am

Hi fellow parents,

Have a good night,

Regards,
Thanks.

The guy is a fraud analyst for BBVA Compass, so not really doing what he studied in Madrid but had UT Austin at top then I see (specifc company executive leader program, other stuff like that fluffing his resume and obfuscating his actual chops). Compass is sold to PNC so he's probably worrying about his gig. There's going to be overlap there.
I'd have ended your reply after the first paragraph.
Or at least would have if I'd asked my wife or son's counsel! ;)
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:41 am

#amidoingthisrite?
He might be….should we take his opinion as expert? Actually my “barista” is Jimmy that runs the deli in my building….that may be what you are doing here…..what I was doing was pointing out how ridiculous that article was when the guy pointed out a barista at Starbucks can be an expert research scientist by using the internet and social media…. I have long held that social media has made “us dumber” not smarter….but you may be focused on a “shoot the messenger theme”’if I had to guess.
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:58 am

#amidoingthisrite?
He might be….should we take his opinion as expert? Actually my “barista” is Jimmy that runs the deli in my building.
evidently, the right wing blogosphere should. talks about fear. might have to retool my thinking. jimmy's the man.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:03 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:58 am

#amidoingthisrite?
He might be….should we take his opinion as expert? Actually my “barista” is Jimmy that runs the deli in my building.
evidently, the right wing blogosphere should. talks about fear. might have to retool my thinking. jimmy's the man.
See my edit above…. I was going to add shoot the messenger if its not my messenger theme.
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”